Gays are not guaranteed the right to ...

Gays are not guaranteed the right to wed in church

There are 67 comments on the The Modesto Bee story from Aug 13, 2013, titled Gays are not guaranteed the right to wed in church. In it, The Modesto Bee reports that:

When Barbara Brecher and Terry Allen married in June 2008, during the brief window that year when same-sex marriage was legal in California, they asked the entire membership of Congregation B'nai Israel to witness the ceremony.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Modesto Bee.

“I will not go quietly.”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis Indiana

#47 Sep 8, 2013
McIver wrote:
<quoted text>
So why are you here? You and your fellow misfits have highjacked this forum, just like you are trying to highjack society. It's just another homosexual ploy to infiltrate the lives of normal people.
In terms of my writing style, it simply proves you do not read newspapers. Anyway your opinion has no standing in the real world.
If only you could control your anger at being a homosexual and in turn become more articulate, i.e. not having to rely on insults to justify your homosexuality, you may find inner peace rather than continue living as an unhappy misfit, only comfortable with those others who inhabit Misfit Mountain.
My pity for you is unconditional. It doesn't require your approval.
May you soon find peace in a release from your troubled life. Not only you, but all those of you who practice your 'denial' on Misfit Mountain.
Not a real bright one, are you? TOPIX has many different forums, all divided up by category and keyword and one article, being from a outside news source, has been classified by many different keywords and it therefore is posted in many different forums. Currently, I am posting in the gay/lesbian forum, as are you. Slowing down as one would for a slow child to explain, even though there are many different forums, the article and the comments it generates, shows up in all forums that it has been cross-referenced as being relevant(actually that's not quite true, an editor can at their discretion actually drop an article out of a forum so long as no one has posted a comment on it), it isn't an invasion of your forum, contrary to your mass conditioning paranoia.
The only misfits are those like yourself, condescending, lying, insulting, hypocritical bigots, doing your damnedest to convince yourselves that you are "normal", that your slander against others is an actual reaction and not just a pre-programmed response, and that you represent anything more than an opinion of one.
As far as your writing 'style' goes, if you're trying to mimic newspaper writing styles, you're going to have to bump it up several grade levels, stop the sentence fragments, use your punctuation, and actually practice quite a bit more.
I have no anger at being homosexual, I'm just fine and society itself is shaping up nicely, watching the overall bigotry drop and same-sex marriage approval ratings rise despite you and your ilk. Articulate? Oh you poor thing, you think you're actually articulate and that you're actually saying something when the honest truth is, you aren't, you're merely repeating the same tired and trite arguments found in the hate groups you so love to quote.
As far as the wishing for others's release from a troubled life, it's coming, you and your ilk won't live forever and every single one of you that falls over brings just a bit more sunshine into the lives of those who dare to oppose the hatred and bigotry those such as yourself inflict on any who dare to refuse to play your game.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#48 Sep 8, 2013
McIver wrote:
Not Yet Equal spent time writing 5 repetitive posts to me, each of which said the same thing. What a waste of time. More fruitless activity on Misfit Mountain.
I provided 5 examples where you relied on insults and demeaning terminology while you criticized others for doing the same thing you are doing.

Your last two are numbers 6 and 7.

You fail to refute the information presented. Your reliance on personal attacks and demeaning terminology demonstrate you have no argument on the merits.

In the US, no churches can be required to perform any marriage for any couple. Again, they can even refuse members of their own congregations, for any reason they choose.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#49 Sep 8, 2013
McIver wrote:
<quoted text>
BRILLIANT! I am truly flattered that you view my post worth repeating. There may be hope for you yet.
We'll see! I'm sure you'll offer up some more unfounded insults before you are cured, but I have plenty of pity to offer you. Walk in peace. You can't! Oh well maybe some day.
And yet another demeaning post relying on dehumanization rather than any attempt to address facts, while complaining about insults.

Your personal prejudice fails to provide any rational reason for denial of equal treatment under the law, though you remain free to discriminate against any person for any reason you choose, in your church, home, and private club.
McIver

UK

#50 Sep 28, 2013
Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>Not a real bright one, are you? TOPIX has many different forums, all divided up by category and keyword and one article, being from a outside news source, has been classified by many different keywords and it therefore is posted in many different forums. Currently, I am posting in the gay/lesbian forum, as are you. Slowing down as one would for a slow child to explain, even though there are many different forums, the article and the comments it generates, shows up in all forums that it has been cross-referenced as being relevant(actually that's not quite true, an editor can at their discretion actually drop an article out of a forum so long as no one has posted a comment on it), it isn't an invasion of your forum, contrary to your mass conditioning paranoia.
The only misfits are those like yourself, condescending, lying, insulting, hypocritical bigots, doing your damnedest to convince yourselves that you are "normal", that your slander against others is an actual reaction and not just a pre-programmed response, and that you represent anything more than an opinion of one.
As far as your writing 'style' goes, if you're trying to mimic newspaper writing styles, you're going to have to bump it up several grade levels, stop the sentence fragments, use your punctuation, and actually practice quite a bit more.
I have no anger at being homosexual, I'm just fine and society itself is shaping up nicely, watching the overall bigotry drop and same-sex marriage approval ratings rise despite you and your ilk. Articulate? Oh you poor thing, you think you're actually articulate and that you're actually saying something when the honest truth is, you aren't, you're merely repeating the same tired and trite arguments found in the hate groups you so love to quote.
As far as the wishing for others's release from a troubled life, it's coming, you and your ilk won't live forever and every single one of you that falls over brings just a bit more sunshine into the lives of those who dare to oppose the hatred and bigotry those such as yourself inflict on any who dare to refuse to play your game.

Oh! You are very angry at being homosexual, just as DNF and Not Yet Equal are. None of you three have anything to say that benefits society at large. You see yourselves as banner toting heroes in homosexual society, but in society at large you are simply whinging misfits. You're right of course, this is not a Roman Catholic thread, it is a petulant homosexuals thread.

No where near as interesting as a Roman Catholic thread. Beware the creeping homosexual invasion. Ha Ha!
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#51 Sep 28, 2013
McIver wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh! You are very angry at being homosexual, just as DNF and Not Yet Equal are. None of you three have anything to say that benefits society at large. You see yourselves as banner toting heroes in homosexual society, but in society at large you are simply whinging misfits. You're right of course, this is not a Roman Catholic thread, it is a petulant homosexuals thread.
No where near as interesting as a Roman Catholic thread. Beware the creeping homosexual invasion. Ha Ha!
Shape up; sugar
.
Your stress levels are too high for successful breeding

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#52 Sep 28, 2013
McIver wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh! You are very angry at being homosexual, just as DNF and Not Yet Equal are. None of you three have anything to say that benefits society at large. You see yourselves as banner toting heroes in homosexual society, but in society at large you are simply whinging misfits. You're right of course, this is not a Roman Catholic thread, it is a petulant homosexuals thread.
No where near as interesting as a Roman Catholic thread. Beware the creeping homosexual invasion. Ha Ha!
You poor thing. Projecting your own anger and fears on others is not healthy. And if you are trying to show the love of Christ in your posts, you have certainly failed. But that's common with so called "christians" who use the name to promote their own brands of bigotry.

Do you read your own posts before you hit Send?

No one is insecure or angry but you. Have you asked yourself why?

“I will not go quietly.”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis Indiana

#55 Sep 28, 2013
McIver wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh! You are very angry at being homosexual, just as DNF and Not Yet Equal are. None of you three have anything to say that benefits society at large. You see yourselves as banner toting heroes in homosexual society, but in society at large you are simply whinging misfits. You're right of course, this is not a Roman Catholic thread, it is a petulant homosexuals thread.
No where near as interesting as a Roman Catholic thread. Beware the creeping homosexual invasion. Ha Ha!
Not remotely true but bigots like yourself enjoy that little fantasy. The only misfits here are the trolling bigots looking to try and start something even your own Pope has said to drop. Keep going, you show that you don't believe the fairy tales, you just enjoy trying to make others miserable(and fail badly in trying to do so I might add).
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#56 Sep 28, 2013
Dickerman wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever get tired of being stupid?
I don't get tired; sugar
.
Just as described in Revelation; the life of a Virgin First Fruit is a perpetual high
.
**********
Revelation 14:1> And I looked, and loe, a Lambe stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundreth fourty and foure thousand, hauing his Fathers Name written in their foreheads.
.
Revelation 14:2> And I heard a voice from heauen, as the voice of many waters, and as the voyce of a great thunder: and I heard the voyce of harpers, harping with their harpes.
.
Revelation 14:3> And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the foure beasts, and the Elders, and no man could learne that song, but the hundreth and fourtie and foure thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
.
Revelation 14:4> These are they which were not defiled with women: for they are virgines: These are they which follow the Lambe whithersoeuer hee goeth: These were redeemed from among men, being the first fruits vnto God, and to the Lambe.
.
Revelation 14:5> And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.
**********

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#58 Sep 29, 2013
McIver wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh! You are very angry at being homosexual, just as DNF and Not Yet Equal are. None of you three have anything to say that benefits society at large. You see yourselves as banner toting heroes in homosexual society, but in society at large you are simply whinging misfits. You're right of course, this is not a Roman Catholic thread, it is a petulant homosexuals thread.
No where near as interesting as a Roman Catholic thread. Beware the creeping homosexual invasion. Ha Ha!
You fail to refute the information presented. Your continued reliance on personal attacks and demeaning terminology demonstrate you have no argument on the merits.

9 in a row.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#59 Sep 29, 2013
Supreme Court:

"Congress... cannot deny the liberty protected by the Due Process Clause of the Fifth Amendment.

...the principal purpose and the necessary effect of this law are to demean those persons who are in a lawful same-sex marriage. This requires the Court to hold, as it now does, that DOMA is unconstitutional as a deprivation of the liberty of the person protected by the Fifth Amendment of the Constitution.

The liberty protected by the Fifth Amendment's Due Process Clause contains within it the prohibition against denying to any person the equal protection of the laws. While the Fifth Amendment itself withdraws from the Government the power to degrade or demean in the way this law does, the equal protection guarantee of the Fourteenth Amendment makes that Fifth Amendment right all the more specific and all the better understood and preserved."
(Windsor)
Rajiv solanki

United States

#60 Sep 29, 2013
I m Indian boy. Live in mathura lord krishna born in mathura
Blah

Toronto, Canada

#64 Dec 15, 2013
Good, because gay is not natural. I can't stand all this controversy nowadays about gay shit. Gay jokes are ok, gay is not ok, 2 dicks don't stick, and the natural way is between a woman and a man.
Boopadop

San Jose, CA

#65 Dec 16, 2013
McIver wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why keep forcing your sexual foibles down other people's throats? Learn to treat others with equanimity and you may receive it in return. You see yourself as superior, but you're not. You are just another disturbed misfit, trying to blame your queer tendencies on others. Oh how I pity you. I know you don't want my pity. but you can't stop me pitying you. I will never exchange insults with you. Insults are your domain. They are how you deal with your insecurities.
Want proof - read your posts. They define you.
Please specify what is being shoved down your throat exactly? I rarely talk in my day to day life about my being gay. I identify as so many other things that my being gay hardly crosses my mind. I don't see how me obtaining to right to marry shoves anything down your throat. You are not being forced to marry a gay, your church is not being forced to marry gays. What exactly is the problem?

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#68 Dec 16, 2013
Blah wrote:
Good, because gay is not natural......
Completely disregarding the fact that homosexuality exists in nature ....
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#69 Dec 16, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Completely disregarding the fact that homosexuality exists in nature ....
There you go comparing yourself to monkeys and bugs again.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#70 Dec 16, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go comparing yourself to monkeys and bugs again.
Well he could have done worse and compared himself to you!

“I will not go quietly.”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis Indiana

#71 Dec 17, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go comparing yourself to monkeys and bugs again.
No, there was no comparison, simply facts. If something is "unnatural" it isn't found in nature, like plastic, it's completely man-made. It's people like yourself who deal in "comparisons", who think you're "better" than someone else simply because that imaginary line in your head is drawn to allow you to pretend to have some sort of self-worth by saying, "at least I don't _________". Those with actual intelligence don't do that.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#72 Dec 17, 2013
Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>No, there was no comparison, simply facts. If something is "unnatural" it isn't found in nature, like plastic, it's completely man-made. It's people like yourself who deal in "comparisons", who think you're "better" than someone else simply because that imaginary line in your head is drawn to allow you to pretend to have some sort of self-worth by saying, "at least I don't _________". Those with actual intelligence don't do that.
We have already established that Wondering's sole superiority over others is sticking his wee wee into his wife's woo woo and making a wee one. Thirteen year old boys have done the same, but it's all he has. I pity him.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#73 Dec 17, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Thirteen year old boys have done the same
But you can't! Not with your partner. You have the wrong parts.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#74 Dec 17, 2013
Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>No, there was no comparison, simply facts. If something is "unnatural" it isn't found in nature, like plastic, it's completely man-made. It's people like yourself who deal in "comparisons", who think you're "better" than someone else simply because that imaginary line in your head is drawn to allow you to pretend to have some sort of self-worth by saying, "at least I don't _________". Those with actual intelligence don't do that.
If you want to use animals to justify your homosexuality you are more than welcome to do it.
I never brought up the comparison, gays do that. I simply respond to that nonsense.

Plastic is a compound of chemicals found in nature. People are 'man made' in spite of your inabilities.

I never claimed to be better than anyone else. I do have a great deal of self worth though. I never said I'd rather be something else. Gays are always saying that if they were given the choice they wouldn't choose homosexuality.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min Jay 193,591
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 11 min Agents of Corruption 340,789
News Kentucky clerk defies order, refuses to issue s... 14 min dang 281
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 14 min NoahLovesU 173,439
News Trump would deport children of illegal immigrants 15 min -Dont Panic- 449
News Lethal Shooting of Sheriff's Deputy in Texas De... 15 min Fart news 5
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min John Galt 1,275,341
News Donald Trump: Jorge Ramos 'like a madman' 20 min Donut Manic 157
News Cheneys liken Iran nuclear deal to Munich pact 31 min Retired SOF 30
More from around the web