USDA Offers New Loans for Small Farms

Jan 14, 2013 Full story: KCRG 8

The U.S. Department of Agriculture has created a new loan program to help operators of small farms, including those who want to take advantage of growing consumer interest in locally produced food.

Full Story
DENG

Nanjing, China

#1 Jan 15, 2013
growing consumer interest in locally produced food.

INSTEAD OF HAVING LAWNS THE CHINA PEOPLE HAVE VEGETABLE GARDENS AROUND THEIR HOUSES AND SELL THE SURPLUS VEGETABLES AT THE LOCAL MARKETS
Bill SqPants

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#2 Jan 15, 2013
DENG wrote:
growing consumer interest in locally produced food.
INSTEAD OF HAVING LAWNS THE CHINA PEOPLE HAVE VEGETABLE GARDENS AROUND THEIR HOUSES AND SELL THE SURPLUS VEGETABLES AT THE LOCAL MARKETS
Deng! china wanne get some US corndog?!!;-00h, so Mao parte wanne eat corn-dog and drink green tea?!! don't like dim sum more mas"!;-00

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#3 Jan 15, 2013
DENG wrote:
growing consumer interest in locally produced food.
INSTEAD OF HAVING LAWNS THE CHINA PEOPLE HAVE VEGETABLE GARDENS AROUND THEIR HOUSES AND SELL THE SURPLUS VEGETABLES AT THE LOCAL MARKETS
I'm sure living in China is pure paradise. LOL
Bill SqPants

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#4 Jan 15, 2013
Ninthman wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure living in China is pure paradise. LOL
MAO-ply+mouth movie!!!;-000h, say Knee how ma to Deng..;-000r nee-co-chi-wa dis one in Jap!! ;-000

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#5 Jan 15, 2013
Do they have a loan that you don't have to pay back like the ACORN loans? I'll take two please.
DENG

Nanjing, China

#6 Jan 15, 2013
THE FOOD IN CHINA IS MUCH BETTER AND MORE HEALTHY THAN THE BOXED AND CANNED CORPORATION JUNK FOOD IN THE UNITED STATES.

FRESH EVERY DAY, IN CHINA, EVEN IN SHANGHAI AND BEIJING, WHICH ARE SURROUNDED BY SMALL FARMS, MANY WITH ENCLOSED HOT-GREEN HOUSES, WHO KNOW HOW TO COMPETE AND DELIVER A GOOD, SOUND AND HEALTHY ORGANIC PRODUCT.
Ninthman wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure living in China is pure paradise. LOL
Obama -The Reverse Hitler

Baldwin Park, CA

#7 Jan 15, 2013
DENG wrote:
THE FOOD IN CHINA IS MUCH BETTER AND MORE HEALTHY THAN THE BOXED AND CANNED CORPORATION JUNK FOOD IN THE UNITED STATES.
FRESH EVERY DAY, IN CHINA, EVEN IN SHANGHAI AND BEIJING, WHICH ARE SURROUNDED BY SMALL FARMS, MANY WITH ENCLOSED HOT-GREEN HOUSES, WHO KNOW HOW TO COMPETE AND DELIVER A GOOD, SOUND AND HEALTHY ORGANIC PRODUCT.
<quoted text>
And here in CA we can't event get a bill passed that labels GMO in our food. Of course the vote was rigged to fail in the end.

Yummy -Monsanto roundup bug spary grwon in the vegetables and fruits...
DENG

Nanjing, China

#8 Jan 15, 2013
THE FOOD IN CHINA IS MUCH BETTER AND MORE HEALTHY THAN THE BOXED AND CANNED CORPORATION JUNK FOOD IN THE UNITED STATES.

FRESH EVERY DAY, IN CHINA, EVEN IN SHANGHAI AND BEIJING, WHICH ARE SURROUNDED BY SMALL FARMS, MANY WITH ENCLOSED HOT-GREEN HOUSES, WHO KNOW HOW TO COMPETE AND DELIVER A GOOD, SOUND AND HEALTHY ORGANIC PRODUCT.

SMALL FARMS IN CHINA MEANS A GREAT DIVERSITY OF DIFFERENT PLANTS WHICH MEANS PESTS HAVE A DIFFICULT TIME NATURALLY TO ADAPT AND THIS LIMITS THE USE OF ANY CHEMICAL CONTROL FOR THE PRODUCE GROWN; IT'S MOSTLY A NATURAL PRODUCT HERE. IT'S THE BIG NON-DIVERSE FARMS WHERE THE CHEMICALS ARE NEEDED LIKE IN CALIFORNIA.
Obama -The Reverse Hitler wrote:
<quoted text>
And here in CA we can't event get a bill passed that labels GMO in our food. Of course the vote was rigged to fail in the end.
Yummy -Monsanto roundup bug spary grwon in the vegetables and fruits...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Charles Koch calls on fellow conservative donor... 3 min Le Jimbo 75
US and Cuba move to normalize ties, open embassy 4 min Gordon Robinson 705
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min flack 1,174,017
Another Bush Will Soon Be In Elected Office 5 min POS 45
Democrats block Keystone bill in setback for Se... 5 min Le Jimbo 67
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min positronium 305,374
MSNBC's Rachel Maddow Can't Contain Excitement ... 7 min Le Jimbo 57
Sarah Palin and her onetime fans on the right: ... 8 min woodtick57 109
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min Sunshine 168,544
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 9 min dirtclod 142,793
More from around the web