Between economy and trouble, Obama approval steady
Several recent polls show the president sustaining an overall approval rating around 50 percent, with no major uptick from gains in housing, jobs and the stock market, and no downtick from the recent storms over the terror attack in Benghazi, Libya, the targeting of conservative groups by the IRS and a leak investigations that has swept up the ... (more)
Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sunherald.com.
Since: Mar 09
The Left Coast
#1 May 23, 2013
The 50% that disagree with him are obviously racists.
Since: Sep 11
#3 May 23, 2013
#4 May 23, 2013
Slinging enough crap against.......... well everything, praying something will stick.
Still, NO proof.
37 tries to repeal AHCA.
The 38th is ALWAYS a charm.
#5 May 23, 2013
Just confirms what most people already know...,
Obama voters are ignorant sheep.
#6 May 23, 2013
Most are just anti-teabagger, who are the "ignorant" sheep.
#7 May 23, 2013
13 Benghazis Happened Under President Bush and Fox News Said Nothing
1. Jan. 22, 2002: Harkat-ul-Jihad al-Islami Attacks Indian U.S. Consulate
2. June 14, 2002: Suicide Car-Bomb Outside U.S. Consulate in Karachi
3. Oct. 12, 2002: String Of Bali Bombings Included U.S. Consulate
4. Feb. 28, 2003: Consulate in Karachi, Pakistan, Attacked For the Second Time in One Year
5. May 12, 2003: 36 People Including 9 Americans Die After Terrorists Storm U.S. Compound in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
6. July 30, 2004: Islamist Attacks U.S. Embassy in Tashkent, Uzbekistan
7. Dec. 6, 2004: Five Staff and Four Security Guards Die in U.S. consulate attack in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
8. March 2, 2006: Third Attack on Karachi U.S. Consulate Killed U.S. Diplomat
9. Sept. 12, 2006: Four Gunmen Stormed the U.S. compound in Damascus, Syria
10. Jan. 12, 2007: Greek Terrorists Fired a Rocket-Propelled Grenade at the U.S. Embassy
11. March 18, 2008: A Mortar is Fired at the U.S. Embassy in Sanaa, Yemen
12. July 9, 2008: Three Turkish Policemen were Killed When Gunman Fired on the U.S. Consulate Istanbul, Turkey
13. Sept. 17, 2008: 16 People Including 2 Americans Die in an Orchestrated Attack on the U.S. Embassy Sanaa, Yemen
#8 May 23, 2013
The "Affordable Care Act" has been repealed by the House 38 times. Why won't Harry Reid let the Senate vote on it?**rhetorical**
#10 May 23, 2013
At 3, and the supreme court decision, they should have got the message.
Now, teabaggers want to waste someone else's time.
Figures, that's all they been doing anyway.
#11 May 23, 2013
Just out of curiosity, I looked each of your "Benghazi's" up and surprisingly NOT ONE story involved an American Ambassador brutalized and killed, while receiving NO help from American forces.
BIG GIGANTIC contrasting differences in the Response to ALL of these attacks and Obama's response (or more likely LACK of response) to our embassy in Benghazi
In fact, looking at the prompt response to terror by the Bush admin, makes Obama look even worse!
Let's take a look....
1. Not one person inside the embassy was even hurt BECAUSE of increased security. All Employees and consul-general escaped unscathed!
2. ALL living perpetrators were caught AND prosecuted for the barbaric act! And again, no one inside the consulate was injured because of INCREASED SECURITY put in place after 9/11!
3. All 3 surviving perpetrators were found with the help of US special forces and EXECUTED by firing squad in 2008 by Bali officials! Justice served!!(I don't think we even have an identified suspect yet in Benghazi, correct?)
4. Again, the ONLY victims were Pakistani guards OUTSIDE the consulate, and ALL surviving peeps were swiftly rounded up and tried in a Pakistan court.
5. The U.S. Embassy in Riyadh asked the Saudi government for additional security to protect American residents in the days before the May 12 bombing but the request was denied. The US embassy issued a declaration to warn ALL Americans of the increased security risk and URGE them to leave the country immediately!
(did they listen? No, but what a shame Benghazi didn't get the same warning)
6. Thanks to heavy security at the Uzbekistan embassy, NO AMERICANS were injured and entry to the compound was not gained at any time.
7. Over 200 National Guardsmen descended on the building, just seconds after multiple gunmen shot their way inside the consulate. Heavy gunfire commenced and over 200 staff were SAVED from certain death by the quick response of the US military. 5 staff members died, none of which were Americans.
8. US consulate was killed by a suicide bomber while walking on a street in Karachi.(not inside the embassy). The US military quickly rounded up suspects connected with the bombing and they were sentenced to death in a Karachi court.
9. This was a ccp from one of the only new stories I found about this attack,(doesn't really sound anything like Benghazi however)
A U.S. Embassy statement said the embassy came under armed attack at 10:10 a.m. Attackers were unable to breach the highly secured compound, and that all embassy personnel were safe. One Syrian guard was injured by gunfire and was hospitalized in a stable condition, the statement said.
10. NO INJURIES ...enough said!
(nothing like Benghazi, huh?)
11. The mortar fire missed the embassy and hit a nearby girls school instead.
12. From a news report about this attack:
"The unsuccessful attack showed that the (new) consulate grounds were safe for the American diplomatic staff."
13. 6 Yemeni security forces were killed as well as 7 bystanders, the attackers again were NOT able to gain access to the compound.(unlike Benghazi)
#13 May 23, 2013
After 911, not one successful attack on American soil in the US under Bush. Several successful attacks on US soil under DumBama in just a little more than one term.
Now we find that Major Hasan (the Ft. Hood shooter) received almost $300,000 in pay from US taxpayers since his rampage. So today, DumBama addressed drone strikes against US citizens overseas.
In the meantime, because he categorized Ft. Hood as a workplace violence thing (or some sort) the wounded solders received no pay for their injuries nor compensation for the families of the deceased.
What we have is a corrupt administration paying terrorists awaiting trial, no knowledge of foreign events such as Benghazi, no idea what bureaucracies like the IRS are doing, and no honest answers from the Department of Justice. DumBama had to read a newspaper to find out what's going on under his watch; or so he claims.
#14 May 23, 2013
Add your comments below
|I'm traumatised by Trump, says Cher, warning el...||2 min||In Got We Trust||7|
|Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump||2 min||Fit2Serve||299|
|'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10)||5 min||An NFL Fan||244,114|
|CBS' "The Case Of: JonBenet Ramsey" Premieres O...||5 min||Sheriff Wydell||925|
|The President has failed us (Jun '12)||10 min||X -Man-||396,061|
|Trump also mocked Rosie O'Donnell for being gay...||11 min||Prosperity Fundie...||1|
|Clinton in a landslide in endorsements: Do they...||11 min||bottlecap||27|
|Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08)||38 min||Teaman||1,433,978|
|Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P...||1 hr||Lawrence Wolf||10,627|
|Post-debate poll: Clinton takes round one||3 hr||Go Blue Forever||345|
Find what you want!
Search US News Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC