Firearms rally scheduled for Chambers...

Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

There are 10983 comments on the Chambersburg Public Opinion story from Mar 29, 2013, titled Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square. In it, Chambersburg Public Opinion reports that:

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chambersburg Public Opinion.

Tray

Tupelo, MS

#5198 Aug 6, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like the ones who tell women they know what's best for their reproductive health?
Or the ones who try to control what people do in the privacy of their own bedrooms?
See, the people who are doing what you claim are on the right side of the aisle. The left doesn't try to control anyone. The left pursues policies that INCREASE freedom and liberty.
But please - list examples of where I'm trying to control anyone.
Can you do that?
Will you even TRY?
LMAO!
Try to stay on subject and not try to deflect.
Tray

Tupelo, MS

#5199 Aug 6, 2013
<quoted text>
I posted empirical evidence from peer-reviewed sources.
You posted Fox "news" and the Blaze.
You lose.
LMAO!
FBI report. Can't you read?

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#5200 Aug 6, 2013
Tray wrote:
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cj is/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/c rime-in-the-u.s.-2011/violent- crime/violent-crime
This supports what I said - violent crime is on the decline nationwide.

Where's the evidence that it's due to guns? Because the fact of the matter is that violent crime is lower in states with stronger gun control.
Tray

Tupelo, MS

#5201 Aug 6, 2013
<quoted text>
The dumb is strong with this one. LOL!
Sorry, but you're wrong. The facts don't support your conclusions. You're using logical fallacies to support what you already believe.
I could explain it all to you again, but you've proven you don't have the capacity or the inclination to try to understand.
Instead of just crying how about you prove these "facts" wrong?

Chambersburg, PA

#5202 Aug 6, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Care to argue with the FBI? It's their report not FOX. Of course everyone with common sense already knew it.(You are excluded).
Show me where the FBI says that more guns are responsible for drops in violent crime?
Tray

Tupelo, MS

#5203 Aug 6, 2013
<quoted text>
You mean like the ones who tell women they know what's best for their reproductive health?
Or the ones who try to control what people do in the privacy of their own bedrooms?
See, the people who are doing what you claim are on the right side of the aisle. The left doesn't try to control anyone. The left pursues policies that INCREASE freedom and liberty.
But please - list examples of where I'm trying to control anyone.
Can you do that?
Will you even TRY?
LMAO!
How is you wanting to remove a persons RIGHT to self defense increasing a persons freedom?
Tray

Tupelo, MS

#5204 Aug 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Show me where the FBI says that more guns are responsible for drops in violent crime?
SALES say guns are up. FBI says violent crime is down. The government economic report says income is down and poverty is up ( your excuse for crime going down is economic improvement LIE). Any more stupid questions?

Chambersburg, PA

#5205 Aug 6, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> FBI report. Can't you read?
The FBI report says that violent crime is down nationwide.

I also said violent crime is down nationwide.

Where's the proof that it's due to more guns?

I can read. Can you reason logically? Because you haven't demonstrated that capacity yet.

Chambersburg, PA

#5206 Aug 6, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Instead of just crying how about you prove these "facts" wrong?
I've acknowledged all the facts.

But you haven't yet proven your ASSERTION that more guns caused the drop in violent crime.
Tray

Tupelo, MS

#5207 Aug 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Where's the evidence that it's due to guns? Because the fact of the matter is that violent crime is lower in states with stronger gun control.
RICHMOND

Firearms sales in Virginia are increasing while gun-related violent crimes are declining.

Firearms sales rose 16 percent in 2012 to a record 490,119 guns purchased in 444,844 transactions, according to federally licensed gun dealer sales estimates obtained by the Richmond Times-Dispatch. During the same period, major crimes committed with firearms dropped 5 percent to 4,378.

Chambersburg, PA

#5208 Aug 6, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Try to stay on subject and not try to deflect.
LOL! Pointing out that you're full of shit isn't deflection, son.

You accuse the left of what the right is doing. That's called Freudian Projection.

Too bad you aren't honest or mature enough to recognize it. LOL!

Chambersburg, PA

#5209 Aug 6, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text>SALES say guns are up. FBI says violent crime is down. The government economic report says income is down and poverty is up ( your excuse for crime going down is economic improvement LIE). Any more stupid questions?

You are connecting two things without evidence of causation. You're making a logical leap that isn't supported by any evidence. You're employing a logical fallacy.

And I didn't ever say economic improvement is why violent crime is going down, now did I? That may well be the case, but you're lying when you say I've made that claim.
Tray

Tupelo, MS

#5210 Aug 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Lie. The REAL report says "less gun related deaths" not lower crime, in fact violent crime is HIGHER in gun control areas. Not acknowledging the death of an attacker by an armed victim is SELF DEFENSE and NOT a crime instead you and liberals bunch those deaths in with criminal activity is an attempt to spin more numbers. Like claiming the Boston bomber was the "victim" of gun violence when he was shot and killed by police.

Chambersburg, PA

#5211 Aug 6, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> How is you wanting to remove a persons RIGHT to self defense increasing a persons freedom?
Nobody is trying to remove anyone's right to self defense. That's just hysterical fearmongering.

By advocating for the elimination of gun restrictions you are infringing on my freedom to be safe in my own community. It's the RIGHT who is infringing on my freedom, not the left.
Tray

Tupelo, MS

#5212 Aug 6, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL! Pointing out that you're full of shit isn't deflection, son.
You accuse the left of what the right is doing. That's called Freudian Projection.
Too bad you aren't honest or mature enough to recognize it. LOL!
This tread has nothing to do with abortion or other issues. To try to include other subjects is defection. It didn't work.

Chambersburg, PA

#5213 Aug 6, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text>RICHMOND
Firearms sales in Virginia are increasing while gun-related violent crimes are declining.
Firearms sales rose 16 percent in 2012 to a record 490,119 guns purchased in 444,844 transactions, according to federally licensed gun dealer sales estimates obtained by the Richmond Times-Dispatch. During the same period, major crimes committed with firearms dropped 5 percent to 4,378.
Show me the connection!

Gun violence is also dropping in Hawaii, California, New Jersey, New York, and Massachusetts - the states with the strictest gun laws. How do you explain that?

Simple-minded conclusions might satisfy the simple-minded, but they don't hold up to objective scrutiny.

Chambersburg, PA

#5214 Aug 6, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> This tread has nothing to do with abortion or other issues. To try to include other subjects is defection. It didn't work.
I was including examples of the right saying they know what's best for everyone and trying to control everyone's lives. It wasn't deflection - that's what YOU were talking about.

I'm beginning to see intelligent debate is beyond your grasp. If you can't comprehend that exceptionally simple concept, then there's really no reasoning with you at all.
Tray

Tupelo, MS

#5215 Aug 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Nobody is trying to remove anyone's right to self defense. That's just hysterical fearmongering.
By advocating for the elimination of gun restrictions you are infringing on my freedom to be safe in my own community. It's the RIGHT who is infringing on my freedom, not the left.
How would me losing my right to self defense make you unsafe? You have no right to be safe, you only have a right to defend that safety. Removing the right to defend yourself is the only infringement. Even the SCOTUS ruled police or any government agency have no responsibility for your safety, that responsibility falls on you.

Chambersburg, PA

#5216 Aug 6, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> How would me losing my right to self defense make you unsafe? You have no right to be safe, you only have a right to defend that safety. Removing the right to defend yourself is the only infringement. Even the SCOTUS ruled police or any government agency have no responsibility for your safety, that responsibility falls on you.
Again, nobody is trying to take your right to self defense. You are lying when you make that claim.
Tray

Tupelo, MS

#5217 Aug 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Show me the connection!
Gun violence is also dropping in Hawaii, California, New Jersey, New York, and Massachusetts - the states with the strictest gun laws. How do you explain that?
Simple-minded conclusions might satisfy the simple-minded, but they don't hold up to objective scrutiny.
I have already addressed that. I never said it is the ONLY cause but it sure blows your claim of more guns increases crime. You do remember that discussion don't you? Also police in every area you listed admitted gun ownership is on the rise in those areas by law abiding citizens even if the area infringes on the right to own a gun. The citizens feel the risk of being caught with a gun is out weighed by the risk of not having one in a self defense situation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min NutSo HL 30,684
News Trump hypes mock video of golf ball seen striki... 11 min See The Light 109
News Trump, the 'America First' president, goes to t... 17 min John McQuan 35
News News 21 Mins Ago Senate intelligence chairman: ... 23 min John McQuan 1
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 26 min Limbertwig 289,138
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 31 min mdbuilder 1,600,075
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 32 min Freedomofexpression 9,685
News Pro-Trump rally draws hundreds, not thousands t... 4 hr californio 66
More from around the web