The Civil War Is Over: Let The Battle...

The Civil War Is Over: Let The Battle Flag Be

There are 4048 comments on the Free Republic story from Nov 24, 2011, titled The Civil War Is Over: Let The Battle Flag Be. In it, Free Republic reports that:

Over the past several months, the NAACP has launched a campaign against the Confederate Battle Flag by protesting its presence at the South Carolina statehouse.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

See

Covington, VA

#4455 Mar 21, 2013
The South will never, ever rise again lol, they wasn't shit then and still ain't shit lol
See

Covington, VA

#4456 Mar 21, 2013
Go burn that flag bc it stands for hate, slavery and says everything about this country as a whole. This country will never prosper bc it has done so many wrongs and never try to make things better for the people who has been wronged!
Carnivore1

Greenville, SC

#4460 May 7, 2013
"See", are you really that ignorant of history, or just want to incite some rants?
Juan Too

Phoenix, AZ

#4463 May 8, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Mine flies high and proud each and everyday! Stick that up your azz with a red hot poker.
Speaking of azzezz, we use the CF to wipe ours on a daily basis. Kinda firm yet supple. Ja-ja-ja-ja.
Carnivore1

Greenville, SC

#4464 May 10, 2013
Mr Big Bad John Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>Yo' carni piss, are you really that ignorant of history or are you just plain ignorant ya' stupid COONfederate yard monkey?
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
So, you are DELIBERATELY ignorant. Interesting. How do you get by in normal life???
Carnivore1

Greenville, SC

#4465 May 10, 2013
Mr Big Bad John Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>Well said. The decenadants of these racists keep lying that the Civil War was not about slavery. If those lazy racists would have picked their own cotton, there would not have been no need for them to get their butts kicked in the war. Lol!
Of course it was NOT about slavery. The President of the US said it was not, as well as their Congress, their Supreme Court, and many others. There were riots in the North when someone suggested that it might be so. And, if it were, the Corwin Amendment would have prevented the war in total.

And by the way, you Yankees were the ones who got your butts kicked, over and over. 2 dead Yankees for each ONE Southerner (we were NOT "Rebels").

“IM Loving in”

Since: Mar 11

Loveland Ohio

#4466 May 10, 2013
Carnivore1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it was NOT about slavery. The President of the US said it was not, as well as their Congress, their Supreme Court, and many others. There were riots in the North when someone suggested that it might be so. And, if it were, the Corwin Amendment would have prevented the war in total.
And by the way, you Yankees were the ones who got your butts kicked, over and over. 2 dead Yankees for each ONE Southerner (we were NOT "Rebels").
The civil war was exactly about slavery trying to deflect the truth won't change history.
Carnivore1

Greenville, SC

#4469 May 12, 2013
"There are none so blind as those who refuse to see."

(And, of course, insults are the stock in trade of those who do not have the truth on their side.)
Serrano Red

Perryton, TX

#4470 May 12, 2013
i fly the dixie flag
Serrano Red

Perryton, TX

#4471 May 12, 2013
Sinajuavi wrote:
The Civil War is over! You demonic slaving secessionists lost!
So shove that stinking Confederat Battle Rag up your satanic asses and stop offending decent people with it!
hey you communist the war will never be over and i still fly the flag stick a pepper up your ass
Serrano Red

Perryton, TX

#4473 May 12, 2013
Kennyinbmore wrote:
<quoted text>
Black people have bigger issues than a flag.
they have bigger asses
Serrano Red

Perryton, TX

#4474 May 12, 2013
OBAMAS likes NASCAR LOL wrote:
Since Obimbo won't salute the flag unless FORCED to, lets make the confederate flag the NEW flag of America until that racist bum is out of office in 2012.
ok
Serrano Red

Perryton, TX

#4475 May 12, 2013
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
How did Obama get into this conversation? Oh, I get it, you're a racist so convulsed with angst over the fact we have a “black” President, that you'll babble and drool over that no matter what is the topic.
I suppose you preferred a President who couldn't pronounce 3-syllable words nor conjugate English verbs... and let his oil-company Daddy's boy Cheney run the show, get us into a war with the wrong country, and complete the running of the country into the ground begun by Reagan... whom you probably loved, lol.
Turn off Fox News and read a book, halfwit, and not one written by Ann Coulter or Glen Beck.
i love ann coulter
Serrano Red

Perryton, TX

#4476 May 12, 2013
Say No To Mexico wrote:
It should be law that all states who participated in the civil war fly the confederate flag, and all whose ancestors were lost in that war do the same at the place of their personal dwellings!
This would remind us of a time when Americans cared abut their country, and would also mark the beginning of the end of America.
amen

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#4479 May 12, 2013
Serrano Red wrote:
<quoted text>
i love ann coulter
You're a traitor, just like Jefferson Davis, that scumbag.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#4480 May 12, 2013
I hear there's a national campaign afoot, an "anonymous" sort of thing, but not online, involving the desecration of all Confederate monuments or grave markers.

The idea is to let everyone know that such perfidy as that represented by the CSA and its traitorous supporters is not acceptable in a civilized society.

Yes... the scum lost... and continue to lose...
Serrano Red

Perryton, TX

#4481 May 12, 2013
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
You're

a traitor, just like Jefferson Davis, that scumbag.
he is our hero a decent white man
Carnivore1

Greenville, SC

#4483 May 28, 2013
Some people simply cannot accept the truth. And when they have no valid arguments on their side, they MUST resort to profanity and insults.

It's easy to see where truth lies, just look for the calm statements of fact.
Serrano Red

Perryton, TX

#4486 Jun 23, 2013
OBAMAS likes NASCAR LOL wrote:
Since Obimbo won't salute the flag unless FORCED to, lets make the confederate flag the NEW flag of America until that racist bum is out of office in 2012.
it's my flag
Serrano Red

Perryton, TX

#4487 Jun 23, 2013
Savant wrote:
THE DEBATE IS OVER!
Slavery was evil. The Confderacy was evil. The Confederate flag is a symbol of evil.
At least THAT evil was defeated in history. History has moved on. It's high time you reactionaries moved on as well--or at least move out of the way of progress.
The debate is over.
it will never be over coon ass

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Yeah 1,263,681
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Rogue Scholar 05 194,567
News Dowd: Ailing Beau Biden urged vice president to... 5 min Summery 4
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 10 min thetruth 10,851
News Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions (Oct '14) 11 min Pietro Armando 6,357
Iran Nuclear Agreement: Black Mark or Gold Star... 11 min Black Mark 373
News Supreme Court extends gay marriage nationwide 13 min NorCal Native 1,207
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 17 min DanFromSmithville 171,836
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 35 min An NFL Fan 190,197
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr NTR1 336,713
News Planned Parenthood seeks fed study of fetal tis... 2 hr Le Jimbo 91
More from around the web