What happened in Ferguson could be ha...

What happened in Ferguson could be happening anywhere. But it was more likely in Missouri.

There are 202 comments on the The Washington Post story from Aug 22, 2014, titled What happened in Ferguson could be happening anywhere. But it was more likely in Missouri.. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

St. Ann, Missouri police officer Lt. Ray Albers points an assault rifle at a protester of the death of teenager Michael Brown on Tuesday in Ferguson, Mo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#207 Sep 2, 2014
Colbert wrote:
<quoted text>No thanks, perv. Kindly stay away from me.
Pookie, even your gerbil left you for a hamster.
Captain Yesterday

“Trump is the Enemy”

Since: Oct 10

Impeach Trump

#208 Sep 2, 2014
Take all military equipment away from the pigs, and make them walk the beat. Don't coddle these bastards, or let them play soldier boy.

Oh, and let the racial makeup of the force reflect that of their town/city.

Dig it.
Colbert

Columbus, OH

#209 Sep 2, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Pookie, even your gerbil left you for a hamster.
Whoaaaaa, cowboy. Wow.

I'm going to back away, slowly, perv...

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#210 Sep 2, 2014
Colbert wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoaaaaa, cowboy. Wow.
See there? That's what Big Mike should have done!
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#211 Sep 2, 2014
Captain Yesterday wrote:
Take all military equipment away from the pigs, and make them walk the beat. Don't coddle these bastards, or let them play soldier boy.
Correct. Instead, we should allow criminals to assault police officers and then coddle the criminals.

Seems to be what the liberal media is after.

Paris

#212 Sep 2, 2014
Colbert wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoaaaaa, cowboy. Wow.
Really, liberals are always backing away..........follow your leader..........backwards.

Krauthammer: Obama 'hasnít begun to rise to the occasion' on ISIS..........when has he ever......unless its to hurt America.
neveratfault

Edmonton, Canada

#213 Sep 3, 2014
Captain Yesterday wrote:
Oh, and let the racial makeup of the force reflect that of their town/city.
Dig it.
If Ferguson had a Department that was 70% black they would have to change hiring requirement to hire felons and illiterates Most departments now require that at least an associated degree . Hiring a majority of black officers is not only impossible it is racist
Colbert

United States

#214 Sep 3, 2014
That Girl 53 wrote:
<quoted text>See there? That's what Big Mike should have done!
If the officer was making advances like la jumbo then yes.
Colbert

United States

#215 Sep 3, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Really, liberals are always backing away..........follow your leader..........backwards.

Krauthammer: Obama 'hasn’t begun to rise to the occasion' on ISIS..........when has he ever......unless its to hurt America.
Yeah, perv. You're a nutbar through and through.

Paris

#216 Sep 3, 2014
Colbert wrote:
<quoted text>
If the officer was making advances like la jumbo then yes.
You flatter yourself pookie........no one else will.

Paris

#217 Sep 3, 2014
Colbert wrote:
<quoted text>
The Congressional Black Caucus voted to preserve police militarization

Michael B. Thomas/Getty Images
In June of this year, Rep. Alan Grayson (D-Fla.) introduced an amendment to halt the Pentagon's 1033 program, which distributes hundreds of millions of dollars of military-grade weapons and equipment to local police annually. The amendment overwhelmingly failed, and just seven out of 41 voting members of the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) supported it.
That vote has drawn controversy in the wake of this summer's protests and grotesquely militarized police response in Ferguson, Mo. Ferguson's own congressman is Rep. Lacy Clay (D-Mo.); he is a member of the CBC, and he voted against demilitarizing police.
Now, The New York Times reports that the CBC is campaigning on what happened in Ferguson to turn out African-American voters for 2014, an effort which would presumably be more difficult were the CBC's record on police militarization more widely known.
-- Bonnie Kristian
Colbert

United States

#218 Sep 3, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>The Congressional Black Caucus voted to preserve police militarization

Michael B. Thomas/Getty Images
In June of this year, Rep. Alan Grayson (D-Fla.) introduced an amendment to halt the Pentagon's 1033 program, which distributes hundreds of millions of dollars of military-grade weapons and equipment to local police annually. The amendment overwhelmingly failed, and just seven out of 41 voting members of the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) supported it.
That vote has drawn controversy in the wake of this summer's protests and grotesquely militarized police response in Ferguson, Mo. Ferguson's own congressman is Rep. Lacy Clay (D-Mo.); he is a member of the CBC, and he voted against demilitarizing police.
Now, The New York Times reports that the CBC is campaigning on what happened in Ferguson to turn out African-American voters for 2014, an effort which would presumably be more difficult were the CBC's record on police militarization more widely known.
-- Bonnie Kristian
Cut and paste. Yeah, that's, that's, good...You're a big boy now, huh? I'm sure your 2nd grade special ed. teacher will be proud.
d pantz

United States

#219 Sep 3, 2014
Colbert wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh huh. Still at my mother's house?
d pantz

United States

#220 Sep 3, 2014
neveratfault wrote:
<quoted text>
If Ferguson had a Department that was 70% black they would have to change hiring requirement to hire felons and illiterates Most departments now require that at least an associated degree . Hiring a majority of black officers is not only impossible it is racist
I'm not for segregating either but that is a pretty ignorant thing to say. So is an all white force all heroin addicts, pedophiles, and serial killers?
Justin

United States

#221 Sep 3, 2014
This type of thing happens all the time in Chicago and Atlanta; a black kid getting shot. The novelty of the Missouri case is that it was a white police officer shooting a black kid, instead of the the usual black kid shooting an officer or another kid.

Location hidden

#222 Sep 3, 2014
Colbert wrote:
<quoted text>
Cut and paste. Yeah, that's, that's, good...You're a big boy now, huh? I'm sure your 2nd grade special ed. teacher will be proud.
Yes, copy and paste. Is that some foreign notion for you?
Colbert

United States

#223 Sep 3, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text>Uh huh. Still at my mother's house?
No, no...I was number 29. My time was up.
robert e lee

Highlands, TX

#224 Sep 3, 2014
who can answer why------- there are NO coon riots in HOUSTON TEXAS????.
HOUSTON is the largest city in the south
HOUSTON is the 4th largest city in the nation
HOUSTON has a large coon population
yet
there are no coon riots in HOUSTON
does anyone have enough spine to say why there are no riots in HOUSTON
I seriously doubt there will a answer
that is not some liberal ebonic BS babble.
Colbert

United States

#225 Sep 3, 2014
That Girl 53 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, copy and paste. Is that some foreign notion for you?
Would you mind terribly minding your own fking business?

Appreciated!

Location hidden

#226 Sep 3, 2014
robert e lee wrote:
who can answer why------- there are NO coon riots in HOUSTON TEXAS????.
HOUSTON is the largest city in the south
HOUSTON is the 4th largest city in the nation
HOUSTON has a large coon population
yet
there are no coon riots in HOUSTON
does anyone have enough spine to say why there are no riots in HOUSTON
I seriously doubt there will a answer
that is not some liberal ebonic BS babble.
Maybe because they know better (more intelligence) and/or rioting/looting would not be tolerated? I'm just taking a wild guess as to some logical answers...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 min American Lady 274,880
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Freebird USA 7,702
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min VetnorsGate 1,549,349
News At congressional picnic, Trump calls for post-s... 4 min Frogface Kate 16
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 9 min WHAT 36,946
News Trump claims witch hunt, says he's most hounded... 11 min sad situation 1,264
News Koch urgency: Conservative network fears closin... 13 min Lawrence Wolf 11
News Melania Trump keeps DC entry low key; Barron dr... 42 min huntcoyotes 173
News POLL: Americans Trust James Comey Over Trump 2 hr TRUMP 45 665
More from around the web