Muslim Brotherhood: 'We are not seeki...

Muslim Brotherhood: 'We are not seeking power'

There are 33 comments on the CW2 Colorado KWGN-TV story from Feb 9, 2011, titled Muslim Brotherhood: 'We are not seeking power'. In it, CW2 Colorado KWGN-TV reports that:

Keeping with the low-profile it has adopted in Egypt's uprising, the Muslim Brotherhood said Wednesday it wants to promote democracy but does not intend to field a candidate for president.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CW2 Colorado KWGN-TV.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Reasonater

Burleigh Heads, Australia

#23 Feb 10, 2011
The fundamental problem here is that the USA is a SHAM 'Democracy'; a clinically-objective appellation would be something more like 'Neo-Feudal Plutocracy'... which is precisely why the 4,000+ year-old 'Pharaonic Paradigm' in Egypt has been so attractive to the Kleptocracy which controls America[& ergo the rest of us].

AND, to make matters worse [as evidenced by a number of posts to this thread] most - but certainly not all - Americans have been indoctrinated into what Dr. John McMurtry has termed 'The Ruling Group Mind'--- "...that social construct, rigidly ensconced and enshrined in the US [by the Ruling Elites]--- that forces reality to conform to manufactured delusions... submerging the group and its members within a pre-conscious field of hysteria, denials and projections..."

Will the Egyptian people become truly 'Liberated' under the auspices of ANY Gov't. congenial to Washington?

I think not.

Ciao, Reasonator.
Dr Lecter wrote:
Hello TopixFriends,
Latest reports are that the pro-democracy protests are growing in size. More and more social segments are getting involved.
Happily, Egypt is on the way to civil rights and democracy in spite of the USA's tens of billions of dollars of support for the thuggish Mubarak dictatorship.
Just imagine if the USA had supported democracy over the last three decades, instead of Mubarak's vicious dictatorship. There could have been a strong democracy in Egypt today.
Egyptians are entitled to constitutional democracy, rule of law, civil and human rights, basic freedoms and an egalitarian, secular society --just like everybody else.
It's too bad that for three dacades, the USA has supported an illegal and criminal regime that has thwarted and subverted Egyptians' rights --all in the false name of so-called "stability in the Middle East."
Oh well. it's never too late to begin showing integrity and standing up for democratic values, rights and principles.
The "primary goal" of the USA should be supporting the spread of true democracy in Egypt and anywhere else.
That is the true path to real peace and stability.
H
Reasonater

Burleigh Heads, Australia

#24 Feb 10, 2011
Dr Lecter wrote:
Have some USA politicians, so used to catering and pandering to rich lobbyists who finance their political campaigns, completely forgotten what America's basic principles and values are...or were?
H
Yes & no. America was settled by downtrodden people from the nasty 'Old World' who wanted to create a nice 'New World'... turns out what they actually meant by that; is that it would be just like the Old World, except that THEY would be the ones on top, shitting down on everybody else.

Ciao, Reasonator.

cf.

"We're NOT a democracy. It's a terrible misunderstanding and a slander to the idea of democracy to call us that. In reality, we're a plutocracy: A government by the wealthy." - Ramsey Clark, former U S Attorney General

"The real truth of the matter - as you and I know - is that a financial element in the large centers has owned the government of the U.S. since the days of Andrew Jackson." - President Franklin D Roosevelt

"A slave is he who cannot speak his thoughts." - Euripides
Mongol

Canada

#25 Feb 10, 2011
Bringmedinner wrote:
IF the Muslim Brotherhood is not currently seeking political power, it's likely they are focused on cracking open nine year old girls like their pervert prophet, but they're more likely interested in their sisters, who after they rape them, they'll hang for losing their virginity.
Watch out they are coming for you and yours, Farthead! Are you still on the crack or has the cops busted you?
Tony

Bradenton, FL

#26 Feb 11, 2011
america is going down without a fight......

10 years in a non-aggressive war.......

50 years of political lawmakers building a "Royalty Caste" lifestyle and enacting laws to protect themselves within that lifestyle..........while being re-elected term after term after term.

why is anyone wondering why america is going faster and faster down the $hitter......

americans are, RIGHT NOW, living america's worst nightmare......

the same people that created these conditions are all of a sudden supposed be counted on the alter the conditions......

americans have become the dumbest group of people on the planet.
mubarak or sharia

Spring Valley, NY

#27 Feb 11, 2011
The Brotherhood knows that Islam is not compatible with democracy, free speech and religious tolerance. Only a dictatorship or sharia will keep the Egyptian people suppressed.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#28 Feb 11, 2011
Is it me, or do Muslims seem to suck more the more we get to know them? Between them and the Jews, it's like two children constantly fighting in the schoolyard over a toy. "I had it first...No, I Did." Everyday it's the same damn stupid thing. One child trying to poke the other in the eye. They both suck and need to be disciplined. Quickly and harshly. I am sick of having to live my whole life watching these two idiots fighting with each other and taking up my TV time.
CIAMATO

Denver, CO

#29 Feb 11, 2011
Dr Lecter wrote:
Hello Topix Friends,
One of the cruellest ironies of the current situation is the USA's phony concern that the transition should proceed in a "lawful" way – as if Egypt had the rule of law until now.
Are we already forgetting that, for many long years, thanks to the USA's support of the criminal Mubarak dictatorship, Egypt was in a permanent state of emergency?
Ruthless Mubarak suspended the rule of law, keeping the entire country in a state of political paralysis.
Mubarak was only able to stay in power by murdering numerous opponents to his regime. Will we find mass graves filled with psychopathic Mubarak's victims in the desert?
Isn't it hypocritical for the USA, which used violent revolution and war to gain democracy and freedom from despotism, to obsess about "orderly transition."
Have some USA politicians, so used to catering and pandering to rich lobbyists who finance their political campaigns, completely forgotten what America's basic principles and values are...or were?
As for murderous Mubarak, if he won't resign, then he should be taken out feet first, the way Rumanians took out another psychopath, Nicolai Ceausescu.
Do chime in....
Ta-ta
H
Mubarek's time is over, but let's not forget WHY he was put there.

The U.S. and the U.K. literally saved Israel from total destruction in the Egyptian led Yom Kippur War in 1973, after 6 other Egyptian led attempts by Arab Muslims in the preceding 30 years to slaughter every Israeli on the planet. Look it up. Once we got the treaty signed in 1979, Carter's only real accomplishment, and then Sadat was assasinated in 1981, Mubarek was our guy for peace in that region.

As most king-making does, it went awry, but the Egyptian people hold a lot of culpability for all this. I support their new efforts, but I hope they are really ready to stand on their own merits, and not just follow the person who lies best to them. We have that problem ourselves, no?
CIAMATO

Denver, CO

#30 Feb 11, 2011
mubarak or sharia wrote:
The Brotherhood knows that Islam is not compatible with democracy, free speech and religious tolerance. Only a dictatorship or sharia will keep the Egyptian people suppressed.
Sad but true. The culture is not...honor driven. I hope this changes after 75+ years of independence and failing at it miserably.
Bilal Khalil Affaneh

Spring Valley, NY

#31 Feb 11, 2011
Eighthman wrote:
Is it me, or do Muslims seem to suck more the more we get to know them? Between them and the Jews, it's like two children constantly fighting in the schoolyard over a toy. "I had it first...No, I Did." Everyday it's the same damn stupid thing. One child trying to poke the other in the eye. They both suck and need to be disciplined. Quickly and harshly. I am sick of having to live my whole life watching these two idiots fighting with each other and taking up my TV time.
I know what you mean. We should just let the Muslims take over. Sharia will be good for Egypt, the UK, France and the US. It's too late to stop it anyway.
MidAtlantic

Overland Park, KS

#32 Feb 11, 2011
In the end GOOD wins and violence looses.
Watch out Sharia, Hasbullah Hamas,Al Qaeda and all radicals
John Boy

Newport Beach, CA

#33 Feb 11, 2011
I'm confident the Egyptian People will elect a peacful govt that promotes better trade and relations with the civilized world. Tourism is Egypt's biggest revenue. Lose that and they go into the dark ages. They are not stupid and the MB will not gain power. These are not radical based people.
Xea

New York, NY

#34 Feb 11, 2011
I agree, but unfortunately these people are also capable of being talked into believing that Mosad control Egyptian shark attacks. MB knows that very well.

Since: Oct 06

Location hidden

#36 Aug 17, 2013
The Muslim Brotherhoodlums LYING?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min LeDuped 233,765
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min VetnorsGate 1,406,536
News Trump bounces into the lead 3 min ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 340
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min WelbyMD 219,901
News Clinton kicks off swing state tour vowing to cr... 7 min Mikey 5
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min DanFromSmithville 201,839
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 9 min Agents of Corruption 391,833
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 23 min Mikey 5,786
More from around the web