Most Americans, Brits against arming Syrian rebels to topple Assad regime

Full story: Newkerala.com 23
London, Mar 23 : A new bilateral poll has revealed most Americans and Brits are deeply skeptical about the idea of arming Syria's rebels and the possibility of sending western troops into the country to topple president Bashar al-Assad's government. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Syrian

New London, CT

#1 Mar 24, 2013
They have no interest in arming AlQaeda linked terrorists!

“God Bless America ”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#2 Jun 22, 2013
Syrian wrote:
They have no interest in arming AlQaeda linked terrorists!
If by “they” you mean the ordinary American people, you may be correct; but we have a rogue President and some rogue Congressmen who favor assisting the Muslim Brotherhood terrorists in Syria and have a history of aiding these terrorists. In Egypt our President and these Congressmen gave billions of US dollars to the Muslim Brotherhood to assist it in toppling the Egyptian government, and now it’s repeating the same mistake in Syria. While many American veterans and others live homeless on our streets, deprived of basic needs and medical care, they are wasting our money on terrorists who behead and eat the organs of Syrian civilians. It’s disgraceful that an American President and members of Congress will stoop to aiding these murderers in Syria and interfering in the affairs of other nations while they let Americans suffer, invade our privacy with NSA, allow us to be terrorized by the IRS, violate our freedoms granted by the Constitution, and do nothing for their own people.
It's nice to know there are British citizens whao are also opposed to the arming of these terrorists.
judge judy

Baltimore, MD

#3 Jun 22, 2013
I've yet to hear a logical argument for us to be involved. We have enough on our own plate to deal with and we are tired of this war business.
abc

Hamilton, Canada

#4 Jun 22, 2013
Most Americans, Brits don't even know where Syria is.

“Fly low, fly fast.”

Since: Apr 07

East Midlands, UK

#6 Jun 23, 2013
abc wrote:
Most Americans, Brits don't even know where Syria is.
Just North of Watford, isn't it?
Oliver Cromwell

Accrington, UK

#7 Jun 23, 2013
Thats the problem,with the Corporate media complicit in these Imerialist Wars banging the War Drum saying something must be done about a threat to humnity real or fabricated to get the public onside for military action,if any of those Reich war criminal ever stand trial i hope the Media such as the BBC are in the dock with them.
rio

London, UK

#8 Jun 23, 2013
Nuke them. Only the cockroaches would survive and that will be an improvement.
Krypteia

Chichester, UK

#9 Jun 23, 2013
Can't we just sent them pork pies..
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#10 Jun 23, 2013
judge judy wrote:
I've yet to hear a logical argument for us to be involved. We have enough on our own plate to deal with and we are tired of this war business.
Maybe they want another war to help the "economy"?
table

Canterbury, UK

#11 Jun 23, 2013
Oliver Cromwell wrote:
Thats the problem,with the Corporate media complicit in these Imerialist Wars banging the War Drum saying something must be done about a threat to humnity real or fabricated to get the public onside for military action,if any of those Reich war criminal ever stand trial i hope the Media such as the BBC are in the dock with them.
"Imerialist Wars" a bit over the top don't you think?

aren't we getting ready to leave Afghanistan,already left Iraq and the US is quitting Afghanistan too.

so how can they be "imperialist wars" without an empire?

while i think any UK involvement in Syria would be lunacy of the worst kind i hardly think it would be because of any "imperialist" aspirations on the UK govs behalf.

more like the malign influence of Saudi oil wealth,but what else would you expect from such a venal political class that run the major parties in the UK?
Oliver Cromwell

Accrington, UK

#12 Jun 23, 2013
table wrote:
<quoted text>
"Imerialist Wars" a bit over the top don't you think?
aren't we getting ready to leave Afghanistan,already left Iraq and the US is quitting Afghanistan too.
so how can they be "imperialist wars" without an empire?
while i think any UK involvement in Syria would be lunacy of the worst kind i hardly think it would be because of any "imperialist" aspirations on the UK govs behalf.
more like the malign influence of Saudi oil wealth,but what else would you expect from such a venal political class that run the major parties in the UK?


It is Imperialism just the 21st Century brand,they don't need to keep huge armies in these Countries they have attacked just some local collaborator they have bribed,the US have hundreds of bases all over the World,yes it looks like we are getting ready to leave Afghanistan,some of us believe we should never have been there in the first place and said so at the time,as for our Politicians most are criminal scum,Cameron and Hague have been pontificating about arming those Terrorists in Syria,under European and UN anti terror laws they should be arrested for facilitating terrorism.
Falcon

South Africa

#13 Jun 23, 2013
70% of Americans don't want to get involved 70% of Syrians support Assad and the US government still wants to arm the "rebels", so they can do what?! terrorise 70% of Syria's inhabitants?! I see so now when we look at Avenger, George, Don't Care, Check It Out and the rest of those terrorist supporters, they can be recognised as pure morons or inhumane scum bags to say the least.
Avenger

Hamilton, Canada

#14 Jun 23, 2013
Falcon wrote:
70% of Americans don't want to get involved 70% of Syrians support Assad and the US government still wants to arm the "rebels", so they can do what?! terrorise 70% of Syria's inhabitants?! I see so now when we look at Avenger, George, Don't Care, Check It Out and the rest of those terrorist supporters, they can be recognised as pure morons or inhumane scum bags to say the least.
Clueless like all your posts.
Somethings never change.
websters

United States

#15 Jun 23, 2013
imperialism
n

The extension or attempted extension of authority, influence, power, etc., by any person, country, institution, etc.
.
.
seems to fit the definition to me.
table

Canterbury, UK

#16 Jun 23, 2013
websters wrote:
imperialism
n
The extension or attempted extension of authority, influence, power, etc., by any person, country, institution, etc.
.
.
seems to fit the definition to me.
what does Syria have that the West wants?
Falcon

South Africa

#17 Jun 23, 2013
Avenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Clueless like all your posts.
Somethings never change.
Welcome back, I hope your getting all the fun you wanted. You must lead quite a sad life to come here for some fun old man.. Haven't you got a bingo game on or something old stale timer.. No, I forgot you've got some charitable donations to make to Al Quada.. So is that who you're leaving your inheritance, filthy old man...
Avenger

Hamilton, Canada

#18 Jun 23, 2013
Falcon wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome back, I hope your getting all the fun you wanted. You must lead quite a sad life to come here for some fun old man.. Haven't you got a bingo game on or something old stale timer.. No, I forgot you've got some charitable donations to make to Al Quada.. So is that who you're leaving your inheritance, filthy old man...
Lol
Probably younger than you clown keep posting your clueless conspiracy theories.
Schooled you yesterday on your mindless post on the Rosneft 300,000 bld deal with China.
Oliver Cromwell

Accrington, UK

#19 Jun 23, 2013
table wrote:
<quoted text>
what does Syria have that the West wants?
We have a situation now where any Nation that doesn't bow before the Empire immediately and without question could be attacked or invaded,it started with the former Yugoslavia,there is always some Foreign leader who has to go,Milosovic had to go the Empire said,then Sadaam had to go,Gadaffi had to go,now the same gang of gangsters are saying Assad has to go,another reason Syria has been attacked is the Empire want Israel to be the only power in the region Syria Iran and Hezbollah are in the way.
Falcon

South Africa

#20 Jun 23, 2013
Avenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
Probably younger than you clown keep posting your clueless conspiracy theories.
Schooled you yesterday on your mindless post on the Rosneft 300,000 bld deal with China.
I don't think you schooled me in anything old timer, you just can't bare the fact that little old america isn't being included in these oil deals, these deals will expand and deepen in time. I think you're better off shouting bingo!!
Avenger

Hamilton, Canada

#21 Jun 23, 2013
Falcon wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you schooled me in anything old timer, you just can't bare the fact that little old america isn't being included in these oil deals, these deals will expand and deepen in time. I think you're better off shouting bingo!!
America could care less fool there oil production is rapidly climbing ever heard of shale oil?
And there #1 oil import partner Canada.
Go back to school.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 10 min DRSA solved 57,058
With State of the Union, Obama sets agenda ... ... 16 min Chicopee 120
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 17 min Chimney1 141,888
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 36 min Quirky 304,497
States threaten lawsuit against Obama's municip... 48 min jeffry 1
McCain gives thumbs up to 'American Sniper' movie 1 hr Cordwainer Trout 13
Romney version 3.0? 1 hr justhefacts 149
GOP hopefuls weigh in on gay marriage 1 hr Cordwainer Trout 66
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr cpeter1313 307,892
More from around the web