Call Them What They Are: Illegal Aliens

Call Them What They Are: Illegal Aliens

There are 51 comments on the www.realclearpolitics.com story from May 6, 2010, titled Call Them What They Are: Illegal Aliens. In it, www.realclearpolitics.com reports that:

The push is on for providing amnesty to the estimated 12 to 20 million illegal aliens in this country. The supporters of this effort include President Barack Obama, former president George W. Bush, Senator John McCain, Majority Leader Harry Reid and New York Senator Chuck Schumer. Senator Schumer is now chairman of the immigration subcommittee previously chaired by the late Senator Ted Kennedy, a major amnesty proponent.

Amnesty supporters see themselves as taking the high road and claim that amnesty opponents are opposed to immigration, when nothing could be further from the truth. Many amnesty opponents actually support expanding legal immigration. Currently, the U.S. has the highest legal immigration in the world. Every year, we allow 750,000 immigrants to enter the country legally and make them eligible for citizenship within five years. Two hundred and fifty thousand aslyees are also permitted to enter annually. Those legal immigrants have the right to work and earn a living; the asylees are eligible to work six months after applying to work. If we need more immigrants, as many think we do to expand the workforce of our graying population, then we can easily increase the number of legal immigrants.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.realclearpolitics.com.

“"Fortes Fortuna Juvat!!!”

Since: Apr 09

Atlanta Georgia

#23 May 6, 2010
911 is a joke in yo town wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have to compete with an illegal immigrant, you are an American loser.
One more thing. I was an Iron Worker(Rod Buster) here in Atlanta in the late 1990's. Georgia is a "Right to Work" State meaning...it ain't real "Union-Friendly" ok. The Boss man comes in to work pissed cause the Misses didn't give him any pu**y the night before and says "YOU...Hit the bricks",well guess what options YOU got hero??? You'll either (a)Hit the brickbcause you're fired or (b) stay there and the Local Police will show up and DRAG your ass out the gate!!! That's life in a "Right to Work State"

We have and Iron Workers Union here in Atlanta,the Local #387 but the way it's set up sucks ok,I mean ya maybe sent out on one job site for 3 weeks and then BAM...out to another one some 130 miles away the next,it ain't no life man. So I worked for a company called Fayett Steel(Non-Union),well I USED to make decent money as a Rod-Buster,stressin post tension cable,totin and tien f**kin #11 Iron for grey beams,building colloums etc. until the 1996 Olympic Games came here that is. Then with all the "rush" construction and all Contractors got hip to cheap Mexican Labor. Then sure enough Juan brought his cousins and so on and before ya know it man,I was...too f**kin exspensive?? I mean I was paid just under Union Scale but even that was too much. My point is friend,this ain't about just "washin dishes" or..."uttin grass" anymore. The last job I went to as an Iron Worker,I left in a Police car. The contractor told me I was gonna Rod-Bust for 14$ an hour or I could "kick-rocks". I stomped his ass instead and 13 months later when I was released from the Fulton County Work Camp(we still got those here in Georgia)....I joined the Teamsters and I ain't looked back since!

Atlanta Georgia

#24 May 6, 2010
ICE Agent 007 wrote:
<quoted text>
You expect me to believe your BS when all I see are Mexicans driving in the port of Long Beach a port of entry that dwarfs your little Georgia's port of entry?
You sure do live in some arrogant fantasy world.
Believe what ever ya like. That's West Coast and more over "Long-Shoremans" territory. Here on the East Coast,it's Teamsters all the way. Even the non-union Freight outfits be they,Interstate Freight,Air-Freight or "Intermodal Freight" (Rail Road,my gig) they all know that they'd better pay Union Scale if they want to keep us out,so they do,or they go the f**k out of business.

“It matters but not very much”

Since: Oct 07

Houston, TX

#26 May 6, 2010
Say What wrote:
Alien creatures from outer space. Scary.
What's even scarier is all the "white trash bigots" on here that think they are the supreme race. The only thing supreme about anglos is that they rank 2nd to African Americans for crimes. All other races came in 3rd. Surprised?
Too bad nobody ever told Christoper Columbus and all the other immigrants of many races, that they needed an invitation to come to America. Please!
I know lots of anglos that can't spell and/or speak English worth a crap. And what? Where do we send them pendejo? Arrogance is a term more suitable for people like you who think they are supreme to others. Hate to burst your bubble "honky", but you're not. Get over it!
Racist pig.
Boris

Puyallup, WA

#27 May 6, 2010
911 is a joke in yo town wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have to compete with an illegal immigrant, you are an American loser.
What a ridiculous statement. There will always be low skilled, low paying jobs that need to be done. Do you really feel that those people, American citizens and legal immigrants, that do those jobs deserve derision? I respect anyone who is willing to work except the illegal who knows he is not entitled to the job or the additional benefits he is stealing from American taxpayers.
LMFAO

Temecula, CA

#28 May 6, 2010
TEA wrote:
They are Illegal alien invaders.
Now can we round them up as enemy combatants?
You say the most absurd off the wall BS.
Look In the Mirror

Temecula, CA

#29 May 6, 2010
Independent patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Racist pig.
It takes one to know one, isn't that right Independent Patriot?
ICE Agent 007

Temecula, CA

#31 May 6, 2010
kobadger wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe what ever ya like. That's West Coast and more over "Long-Shoremans" territory. Here on the East Coast,it's Teamsters all the way. Even the non-union Freight outfits be they,Interstate Freight,Air-Freight or "Intermodal Freight" (Rail Road,my gig) they all know that they'd better pay Union Scale if they want to keep us out,so they do,or they go the f**k out of business.
Ok there buddy...

Georgia leads the way in controlling whatever you want.
Im So Right

Temecula, CA

#30 May 6, 2010
Boris wrote:
<quoted text>
What a ridiculous statement. There will always be low skilled, low paying jobs that need to be done. Do you really feel that those people, American citizens and legal immigrants, that do those jobs deserve derision? I respect anyone who is willing to work except the illegal who knows he is not entitled to the job or the additional benefits he is stealing from American taxpayers.
Pretty sad that we have Americans that cannot contribute to America but instead take from it and above all have to compete with illegal immigrants.

We should all euthanize them, they're useless.

“Love of $ is the Root of Evil”

Since: Sep 08

Gotham City

#32 May 6, 2010
Legalize the process, and tax the hell out of them!!

By making them "illegal" it takes it off the radar just like illegal-drugs.. Making it profitable for those who choose to break the law, and more expensive for our economy...

You can fix the problem, if you make the nationalization process more transparent and taxed corporations that use illegal workers.... As of now, corporations get away with it and turn in the workers when they are sick of them.

Fine them!
Tax them!

Lord knows, our country can use the money!

Gotham City

#33 May 6, 2010
Im So Right wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty sad that we have Americans that cannot contribute to America but instead take from it and above all have to compete with illegal immigrants.
Dude. If you have to compete with somebody who can barely speak English.... and still can't get a job?!?!?!

Go back to school.
A Nnoyed

New York, NY

#34 May 6, 2010
How about we split the difference with 'illegal immigrant'.

Gotham City

#35 May 6, 2010
Oh.... and if you consider yourself an "American"

You should know that Amerigo, is a Latino name ;-)

The USA was founded on illegal immigration... It happens EVERYWHERE, in every country, in every location on the planet..... I personally know US Citizens who are "Illegal Aliens" in Mexico.

To think you can fix this problem by arresting people, is pure stupidity... You will be arresting them as long as there is oxygen in the air.
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

#36 May 6, 2010
kobadger wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Good Buddy,Got a Sua Sponte Bro posting on the Immigration,NIK is ABN Hook up.Later Boonierat! R.E.
Guy Fawkes

Dallas, TX

#37 May 6, 2010
Stop, stop,...I can't take much more laughter! Where did indians come from I wonder? Didn't they migrate here too? You can stop with the race card now, it's really old.
Say What wrote:
Alien creatures from outer space. Scary.
What's even scarier is all the "white trash bigots" on here that think they are the supreme race. The only thing supreme about anglos is that they rank 2nd to African Americans for crimes. All other races came in 3rd. Surprised?
Too bad nobody ever told Christoper Columbus and all the other immigrants of many races, that they needed an invitation to come to America. Please!
I know lots of anglos that can't spell and/or speak English worth a crap. And what? Where do we send them pendejo? Arrogance is a term more suitable for people like you who think they are supreme to others. Hate to burst your bubble "honky", but you're not. Get over it!
Boris

Puyallup, WA

#38 May 6, 2010
Im So Right wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the reply. You have revealed your true purpose here. Flamer.

Corresponding with you is a waste of time.

Atlanta Georgia

#39 May 6, 2010
Me,I have a skilled trade. 3 actually.
1.Diesel Mechanic
2.Iron Worker(Rod Buster)
3.Glazer,Industrial Glass Installer.

Here's the thing,if an American "citizen" does what's called low skill labor,so what! I was raised to believe that the most honorable thing in the world was the working man/woman.
Let me ask ya another thing,just how "cheap" should a man or woman breaking his/her god-damned back ought to be??? I mean in YOUR view.

“It matters but not very much”

Since: Oct 07

Houston, TX

#40 May 6, 2010
Look In the Mirror wrote:
<quoted text>
It takes one to know one, isn't that right Independent Patriot?
No, you just have to be surrounded by illegal aliens from Mexico who have taken over your neighborhood and threaten you because you're white.

Atlanta Georgia

#41 May 6, 2010
ICE Agent 007 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok there buddy...
Georgia leads the way in controlling whatever you want.
Never said that either smartass. If ya go back and R.E.A.D my posts,you'll see that I pointed out
a)Georgia is a Right To Work State and not Union friendly and
b)That it was the Teamsters,NOT Georgia,up and down the Eastern Atlantic Coast from Georgia to Maine that ..."Run Things" and in "things" I was very clear that I meant the Freight Industry.

I was also real clear and precise,or so I thought that when I introduced the fact that the Teamsters are the real reason Mexican Trucks are NOT on our roads outside of say the 30-35 miles inland they are restricted to. I also said it was the Teamsters that are responsible for that god-damned NAFTA Super-Highway dream remaining just that,a f**kin dream. It's been 16 years now and they haven't broke the first shovel of dirt on it yet,have they!!!
Do you honestly believe that's just by...accident??
TEA

United States

#42 May 6, 2010
LMFAO wrote:
<quoted text>
You say the most absurd off the wall BS.
You do not know the law, too bad for you....
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

#43 May 6, 2010
It is glaringly obvious that you have not come to the conclusion,among many others,that we are purposely divided to make managing us simple?
The old adage United we stand,But divided we
fall! has never been so transparent! Each
special interest group,and they are numerous
concentrating on their sole agenda,Oblivious
to what is actually taking place in their
Nation? That is why we have no identity
when it comes to National pride..Compare
it to other Nations? They are not split
into pieces? But the Politicians would
hate to have us protesting en masse re
any problems they have to answer to??
It is amazing how many Americans do
not get it! Take a look at Greece
to be topical.See a Nation united
against their Government that they
feel is not taking care of them
SURPRISE! It is one of our biggest
failures as a people! And we pay
the price!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News California prepares to fight Trump on immigrati... 2 min Cupcake Pounder 2
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 min DP Cassie 403,853
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min zebra 216,710
News Trump's tariff plan hits a hurdle: Congressiona... 4 min Cupcake Pounder 8
News Joe Biden leaves the door open for a 2020 run 4 min Giggle1101 3
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min VetnorsGate 1,458,576
News Trump soaks up the adulation, brags about victory 6 min Mitts Gold Taliblets 137
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min America 253,224
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 19 min TomInElPaso 2,100
More from around the web