Russia nominates Putin for Nobel Peace Prize

Full story: Tehran Times 166
A group of Russian activists and political scientists have indicated that they are officially proposing President Vladimir Putin's nomination to get the Nobel Peace Prize for his moves to resolve the Syrian crisis. Full Story
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#1 Oct 1, 2013
Unlike Obama, Putin deserves it!
EVIL EMPIOR USA

Australia

#2 Oct 2, 2013
Syrian wrote:
Unlike Obama, Putin deserves it!
I agree with you .

Today we shut down USA .
Tomorrow we shut down NATO .
And for Obama ???

__________ NA BANANA OBAMA __________

MR PUTIN IS???

__________ NR 1 __________
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#4 Oct 2, 2013
EVIL EMPIOR USA wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you .
Today we shut down USA .
Tomorrow we shut down NATO .
And for Obama ???
__________ NA BANANA OBAMA __________
MR PUTIN IS???
__________ NR 1 __________
LOL!!!

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#5 Oct 2, 2013
Putin made a honorary member of Westboro Baptist.

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#6 Oct 2, 2013
Are the teabagging cons running a bus to the ceremony?

Since: May 08

Kiev-Moscow-St.Peterburg

#7 Oct 2, 2013
Nobel Peace Prize like Stanley Cup...

only for Yankees.
Same ole Same ole

Newport News, VA

#8 Oct 2, 2013
Well unlike our president....he actually did somethings to be nominated for.
Oliver Cromwell

Accrington, UK

#11 Oct 2, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
And what did he do to earn the Nobel peace prize, throw musicians in jail, outlaw open affection by gays, or supplying more bombs to Syria, pick one!
Well he didn't incinerate several Countries or set torture prisons up in third Countries or have a murder list every Monday to decide who gets droned.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#12 Oct 2, 2013
The head of the International Academy of Spiritual Unity and Cooperation, Georgy Trapeznikov, noted that the move to propose Putin for the world’s highest peacekeeping award was also prompted by the fact that the Russian President had played a key role in peacekeeping processes in many regions inside the Russian Federation.

The article says he played a key role, well he did, he opened the jails and through anyone that dared to protest, in jail, he took away all rights of gays, musicians and people that stood up to him. he changed the ballots so that he could win, jailed his closest opponent and YOU still think he should get a prize for that.

Besides it is not activists of his that do the nominating for the award, if you check it out Nobel has its own committee and searches deep for a recipient and somehow I just do not see Putin receiving this award, I mean he must actually get off his ass and DO SOMETHING to earn it, something that shows he wants peace, just ask the small countries that he is trying to repress and see if they think he should be nominated.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#13 Oct 2, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
And what did he do to earn the Nobel peace prize, throw musicians in jail, outlaw open affection by gays, or supplying more bombs to Syria, pick one!

Oliver's post answers your stupid question.

Now get lost jackassgeorge.

Location hidden

#14 Oct 2, 2013
George wrote:
The head of the International Academy of Spiritual Unity and Cooperation, Georgy Trapeznikov, noted that the move to propose Putin for the world’s highest peacekeeping award was also prompted by the fact that the Russian President had played a key role in peacekeeping processes in many regions inside the Russian Federation.
The article says he played a key role, well he did, he opened the jails and through anyone that dared to protest, in jail, he took away all rights of gays, musicians and people that stood up to him. he changed the ballots so that he could win, jailed his closest opponent and YOU still think he should get a prize for that.
Besides it is not activists of his that do the nominating for the award, if you check it out Nobel has its own committee and searches deep for a recipient and somehow I just do not see Putin receiving this award, I mean he must actually get off his ass and DO SOMETHING to earn it, something that shows he wants peace, just ask the small countries that he is trying to repress and see if they think he should be nominated.

Shut it jackassgeorge, you're just dumb.
Mr Giblets

UK

#16 Oct 4, 2013
he should get the prize just for bringing charges against Madonna. Also, anyone as anti-hippy as Putin deserves a prize. and most of us in the West are fed up with parades of prancing pooves . Make them keep it indoors.
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#17 Oct 4, 2013
Same ole Same ole wrote:
Well unlike our president....he actually did somethings to be nominated for.
LOL!! Good one!!!
Avenger

Hamilton, Canada

#18 Oct 4, 2013
The Moscow Times

What Putin Shares With A Middle East Autocrat

The parallels are eerily striking.
He sets out to impose political stability through tough authoritarian methods by applying selective repression against the opposition, imitating democratic governance and corrupting political institutions.

He leads a large party of power that invariably wins elections by abusing state resources, denying entry to serious political challengers, fielding "stealth independent candidates" in single-mandate districts and resorting to "magical" vote-counting.
He allowed his security forces to apply calibrated harshness to his opponents so that they do not seek personal revenge against the ruler. Utmost brutality is reserved for fringe extremist groups with selective justice administered by docile courts.

For Russia, the perils of the "Mubarak model" are obvious.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/opinion/article...

Location hidden

#19 Oct 4, 2013
Avenger wrote:
The Moscow Times
He sets out to impose political stability through tough authoritarian methods by applying selective repression against the opposition, imitating democratic governance and corrupting political institutions.
He leads a large party of power that invariably wins elections by abusing state resources, denying entry to serious political challengers, fielding "stealth independent candidates" in single-mandate districts and resorting to "magical" vote-counting.
He allowed his security forces to apply calibrated harshness to his opponents so that they do not seek personal revenge against the ruler. Utmost brutality is reserved for fringe extremist groups with selective justice administered by docile courts.

Have you not seen magical vote counting in USA???

as well as, police brutality???

racism???

innocent blacks being murdered on the streets by police???

only today the world witnessed the murder of unarmed ethnic woman, at the hands of your racist, nazi, brutal police.

Before you open your racist gob about other nations, look at your own backyard, you f ucking i diot.
Oliver Cromwell

Preston, UK

#20 Oct 4, 2013
I am still waiting for news about the Canadian Police who have been accused of raping Native Girls and Women,and Harpers Conservative party trying to rig the Canadian Election.
Avenger

Hamilton, Canada

#21 Oct 4, 2013
Dimitri100 wrote:
<quoted text>.
Have you not seen magical vote counting in USA???
as well as, police brutality???
racism???
innocent blacks being murdered on the streets by police???
only today the world witnessed the murder of unarmed ethnic woman, at the hands of your racist, nazi, brutal police.
Before you open your racist gob about other nations, look at your own backyard, you f ucking i diot.
Poor baby you don't like the Moscow Times? lol
ocxz

Le Tampon, Reunion

#22 Oct 4, 2013
Ha

Putin for Nobel Prize ?

Good idea, after all Obama got it...
ocxz

Le Tampon, Reunion

#23 Oct 4, 2013
Oliver Cromwell wrote:
I am still waiting for news about the Canadian Police who have been accused of raping Native Girls and Women,and Harpers Conservative party trying to rig the Canadian Election.
Is Avenger in the Canadian Police ?

ocxz

Le Tampon, Reunion

#24 Oct 4, 2013
Avenger wrote:
The Moscow Times
Wow

i thought it only happened in western democraties

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min wojar 178,256
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 4 min anonymous 56,074
Efforts underway to change GOP on gay marriage 5 min EdmondWA 59
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Teaman 1,111,564
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 7 min Fed Up Again 263,725
Rights Of Same-Sex Military Spouses Vary By State 8 min Quest 8
Hillary Clinton Faces Skeptical Iowa Voters 9 min serfs up 452
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 1 hr D-U-H 363
•••

US News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••