Hate for gays is endemic - and evil

Full story: Newsday

Dear straight people: Why do you hate gay people so much? Gays are hated. Prove me wrong.
Comments
7,181 - 7,200 of 7,221 Comments Last updated Feb 7, 2013
Plotts

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Surprises me, too, but it doesn't take long or much to get numbers like that.
European, eh?
American practice with numbers is to use commas (,) to mark the divisions between hundreds, thousands, millions, etc. The period(.) is used to mark the division between whole numbers and fractions of 1.
For example: 28,000.000
At 87, I am semi-retired. You wouldn't understand my "job".
I understand your agenda..your attacking the catholic church and Catholics way of thinking...your pro nature and want an agenda set up in schools that make it known light are born that way..or as the other topix partner of yours states at inception caused by a gene.....isn't that right .....sonny boy...I understand full well about jobs and retirement...though that is not the issue .....manipulating the masses for self serving reasons is the issue...and the agenda being pushed....while gathering information in a way to justify it all....in a non scientific manner.....so toss some more almonds

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Plotts wrote:
<quoted text> let's practice the old attack the person instead of debating the issues and ways you are manipulating others.....focus on the topic and not me..
So your a nature guy 87 yo and want others to know you are born with a gay gene,,is that correct in my assumption?and feel it necessary to protect this next generation of lgbt people against hatred you/ others experienced in your lifetime?is that correct?
"European" is an attack? Be sure to tell all the residents of the EEU that. lol Your use of a period rather than a comma is standard practice there. Again, this is an attack? or just an observation?

I suggest not looking for trouble where it isn't.

I don't actually care if there is a gene (more likely a gene expression) for gay orientation.

Yes, it is necessary to work to reduce the causes of psychological and physical abuse of gay kids and adults.
Plotts

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
At five, it is unlikely that the child actually understands his orientation, it is just play. A five yrear old might also say that he is an elephant, or a dragon. My own kid declared that HE was the monster under the bed. However, a trained psychologist could tell if the child is gay or not through personality testing.
As far as when orientation is "achieved", that occurs before birth, according to the best info currently available. However, most children will not recognize their own orientation until much later in life, usually before or around puberty.
Young children,(preschool age) only need to understand that some families have a mom and a dad, and some other araingements, like two moms, or mom & step dad and dad & step mom, or mom & grandparent, etc, etc, etc. Nuclear families were a flash in the pan (historically speaking) and are rapidly vanishing.
so you think people are born with a gay gene...nature not nurture...caused by their surroundings and influenced by societal beliefs,mass media is out of the question..
A trained psychologist administering a standardized test can tell...why do we need a psychologist if we have a standardized test...or we need a psychologist specifically trained,one preferable that works in our school district and at what age can this test be administered....a lot of kids at age five will be plaing under the table with his toys than sit for a test,,you do know that?.but we need a psychologist to determine the sexual orientaion of a child before they are aware of their own sexual preference...is that correct in the point your raising?
While you then go on and attack the nuclear family as a flash in the pan...and need to be replaced with same sex couples as that's the next "thing" fad what ever you want to call it....and are rapidly vanishing... Is that your agenda...you want to vanish the nuclear familie in place of what..??
Your paragraph has not raised the point,though your moniker does,I sense a disparage with the catholic
church...anti catholic are you not....what religion shall we practice?? Atheisism?? Hindu?judea????
When the nuclear family vanishes who do we live with...one big family...sounds like a party to me!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Plotts wrote:
<quoted text> I understand your agenda..your attacking the catholic church and Catholics way of thinking...your pro nature and want an agenda set up in schools that make it known light are born that way..or as the other topix partner of yours states at inception caused by a gene.....isn't that right .....sonny boy...I understand full well about jobs and retirement...though that is not the issue .....manipulating the masses for self serving reasons is the issue...and the agenda being pushed....while gathering information in a way to justify it all....in a non scientific manner.....so toss some more almonds
Are you using "you" as a singular or a plural?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Plotts wrote:
<quoted text> so you think people are born with a gay gene...nature not nurture...caused by their surroundings and influenced by societal beliefs,mass media is out of the question..
A trained psychologist administering a standardized test can tell...why do we need a psychologist if we have a standardized test...or we need a psychologist specifically trained,one preferable that works in our school district and at what age can this test be administered....a lot of kids at age five will be plaing under the table with his toys than sit for a test,,you do know that?.but we need a psychologist to determine the sexual orientaion of a child before they are aware of their own sexual preference...is that correct in the point your raising?
While you then go on and attack the nuclear family as a flash in the pan...and need to be replaced with same sex couples as that's the next "thing" fad what ever you want to call it....and are rapidly vanishing... Is that your agenda...you want to vanish the nuclear familie in place of what..??
Your paragraph has not raised the point,though your moniker does,I sense a disparage with the catholic
church...anti catholic are you not....what religion shall we practice?? Atheisism?? Hindu?judea????
When the nuclear family vanishes who do we live with...one big family...sounds like a party to me!!
Two kids, raised in the same loving family. One gay. One not.

Account for that.
Plotts

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

I need to account for the sexual orientation of your child....stay focused :)
Plotts

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

We are talking about manipulating the masses with un scientific reasoning and extremist ideas..while pushing these agendas into the schools and unto children... Based on psycho babble.Have they found a gay gene yet?? It's nature vs nurture debate..Maybe we should create a national registry our federal gov't can monitor:)
Purple Lipstick

Pittsfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

These decadent child stealing bass turds are gonna feel the hand of Thor across their A$$ so hard that the devil himself is gonna fart water.
plotts

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Two kids, raised in the same loving family. One gay. One not.
Account for that.
Will accounting for that make you happy?Did you or your wife pass the gay gene on to your child?
Why the need to change the topic at hand to your personal situation and bring it into our schools??
Nature vs nurture is still debated today,,yet i sense oneside of the debate has their yes on our schol aged children...
PSYCHOLOGISTS...do you use one??a dime a dozen and a differet perspective from each...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Plotts wrote:
I need to account for the sexual orientation of your child....stay focused :)
So your little theories CAN'T encompass the frequent, real-world phenomena of life?

No wonder you want to try to shove it all into you safe little boxes.

Paranoid!
Plotts

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
So your little theories CAN'T encompass the frequent, real-world phenomena of life?
Paranoid!
slick ,calling me names,paranoid,personal attacks as you cannot respond to the debate in hand to prove your point......that it why you now change the course of the dialect unto me...
I'm thinking outside the little box ,and the world you create to offer a different point of view....one that you obviously do not want to debate but make personal attacks....stay focused on the topic and valid points I put on the table...any scientific backing....please offer it up so I can research and enlighten myself...
I know it's very important to you that thaLGBT do not experience the cruel discrimination of the pass...I agree with that...I do not agree with using psychologists to " diagnose "the sexual orientation of. 1st graders..
Now again. This is the battle of thought of nature vs nurture ...,something presented from another poster that I disagreed with....
Why do you feel it necessary to come to his defense,without answering the question at hand,,to present a personal attack on me,,,and change the topic.?.
Please offer a valid point on the debate at hand and let's leave the childish behavior behind...again no pun intended...87 yo's are usually direct and to the point...
Plotts

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
"European" is an attack? Be sure to tell all the residents of the EEU that. lol Your use of a period rather than a comma is standard practice there. Again, this is an attack? or just an observation?
I don't actually care if there is a gene (more likely a gene expression) for gay orientation.
Yes, it is necessary to work to reduce the causes of psychological and physical abuse of gay kids and adults.
European?...have no clue as to why you think that...Obviosley your pschoanylistic way of over thinking is getting in the way....while your obvoidence of answering in a direct manner ,changing the topic at hand are tactics used by a manipulator to avoid a direct answer to a direct question.....
Let me guess...a doctorate degree in psychology mr Snyper..?
Plotts

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
At five, it is unlikely that the child actually understands his orientation, it is just play. A five yrear old might also say that he is an elephant, or a dragon. My own kid declared that HE was the monster under the bed. However, a trained psychologist could tell if the child is gay or not through personality testing.
As far as when orientation is "achieved", that occurs before birth, according to the best info currently available. However, most children will not recognize their own orientation until much later in life, usually before or around puberty.
Young children,(preschool age) only need to understand that some families have a mom and a dad, and some other araingements, like two moms, or mom & step dad and dad & step mom, or mom & grandparent, etc, etc, etc. Nuclear families were a flash in the pan (historically speaking) and are rapidly vanishing.
This was the original statement I responded to and have offered to refute that way of thinking.....Mr Snyper....is this your way of thought also...please stay on topic....
Plotts

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Jason wrote:
I am an author in the research phase of my new book. I am looking for people who are willing to answer 10-12 questions related to how they feel about gay, lesbian and transgendered people. I am specifically seeking those who are against these types of people for any and all reasons; whether they be religious or hate related. My book is seeking to show the different perspectives of those who are LGBT compared to those who are not. I am seeking people who will talk in a very candid and open way. If interested email me at real_life_writer@aol.com
I also offered my thought on jason ,picking a selective group of non LGBT to offer a perspective that will be attributed to the whole...and why it is flawed from the start...non objective and unscientific...do you agree mr.snyper?
Plotts

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Paranoid!
My theories?and i am not the one offering theories...and what is your theorie as to why two children that grew up in the same environment have a different sexual orientation?
I'm sure you have done your research,as they are your children,please enlighten me as to the reason,,,???
Plotts

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
The gay gene HMS1,,,the one thought to be in chromosome band Xq28 ?claimed by dr.Dean Hamer in 1993...though no independent confirmation has been made since...while they question the existence today,,,.?Is that your position?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Plotts wrote:
<quoted text> This was the original statement I responded to and have offered to refute that way of thinking.....Mr Snyper....is this your way of thought also...please stay on topic....
Liam is completely correct ... until his last sentence.

His last sentence was just a "bait line"; an invitation to further argument. It's a common tool of the experienced Topix Member. Another is the "tag team".

... or ... oh MY!... didn't you KNOW ?!?
Ray

Coos Bay, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

All I feel is pity for gays. They waste their lives away in the name of dirty sex.
Plotts

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Liam is completely correct ... until his last sentence.
His last sentence was just a "bait line"; an invitation to further argument. It's a common tool of the experienced Topix Member. Another is the "tag team".
... or ... oh MY!... didn't you KNOW ?!?
Obviously it was a bait line ,I took the hook,,and "rebaited iit for a bigger fish....and looks what came swimming by...:).. Liam is prejudiced ,brainwashed child,while being to insecure to speak up for himself..although I do see we're the immaturity comes from... Oh me oh my......except for a bunch of psycho babble..psychologists bent on determining the sexual orientation of little children, for their self gratification ,IMO should be considered pedophiles..
While the schools have done a good job with zero tolerance...my children are accepting of others with different viewpoints,sexual identities.....to bad for the hypocrisy of the adults when confronted with different viewpoints exhibited on this thread..
Now back to the topic at hand, that 1993 chromosome that has gone into hibernation since,,lol,that's what your basing your whole line of thought on...a bit ridiculous for a educated man as yourself,wouldn't you say mr Snyder?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

THAT is called "calumny" ... and BS, of course.

http://catholicism.about.com/od/Catholic-Dict...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

50 Users are viewing the US News Forum right now

Search the US News Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Buroc Millhouse Obama 1,083,841
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Straw Grasping Teabaggers 147,100
Ex-IRS official called conservatives 'crazies 10 min Mykro 15
Democrats find living on minimum wage is tough 10 min Yep2 153
Bachmann says she may make another presidential... 11 min Morris Dees 230
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min loose cannon 175,147
Lois Lerner Called Some Republicans '***holes' ... 16 min kuda 21
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 35 min Coffee Party 245,964
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 49 min Subliminal 52,960
•••
•••