What the 2012 election taught us

What the 2012 election taught us

There are 10313 comments on the The Washington Post story from Nov 6, 2012, titled What the 2012 election taught us. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

We've been scouring the data for clues as to what we should learn from what happened tonight as President Obama relatively easily claimed a second term.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

jackson

Lexington, KY

#10516 May 16, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the way you announce you don't know what you are talking about first but you are all to happy to continue on.
Do YOU know if these are impeachable offenses -- truly, legally, impeachable offenses?
You'll say they aren't simply because you blindly follow this president and you're in lock-step with all his administration does or says.
jackson

Lexington, KY

#10517 May 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
So, if the guy was fired, why the f**k is he at work today?
"... everything within my power...."
Obama isn't in charge of anything. He's nothing more than a moocher doing and saying everything he's ordered to do and say so he can continue riding in the gold seat on the government gravy train. Obama has never done anything in his life. He has zero accomplishments. This is why the real faculty at the University of Chicago Law School describe Obama as "lazy and unqualified".(You'd know that if you ever bothered to look into anything factual.) All he's ever done is nothing different than some actor being given a scropt to act out. Obama is a gifted actor, though.
Completely agree. But Obama is only gifted at blaming others and keeping the foolish fooled.
If Obama wants to show some stones, he would insist on finding out exactly who, in what offices, used the delaying tactics against the conservative groups, under whose direction, and fire the lot of them. But that would take too long, keep his name in front of a bad thing for way too long, so he makes the pretense of "firing" someone who was leaving anyway.
This all continues to boggle my mind. No one will ever admit that if this was a conservative president, they would be screaming for impeachment (or probably a hanging) and probably for 10-20 years!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#10518 May 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, dufus, if he was fired, why is he at work today?
Fired.

Location hidden

#10519 May 16, 2013
jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
Do YOU know if these are impeachable offenses -
do you know you are full of cr@p?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#10520 May 16, 2013
jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
Completely agree. But Obama is only gifted at blaming others and keeping the foolish fooled.
If Obama wants to show some stones, he would insist on finding out exactly who, in what offices, used the delaying tactics against the conservative groups, under whose direction, and fire the lot of them. But that would take too long, keep his name in front of a bad thing for way too long, so he makes the pretense of "firing" someone who was leaving anyway.
This all continues to boggle my mind. No one will ever admit that if this was a conservative president, they would be screaming for impeachment (or probably a hanging) and probably for 10-20 years!
The Obama remedy is to pretend to fire the guy who showed up after everything had already happened, but was in charge when the truth came out.
You can bet he's got all the details you mentioned. That's why he will continue to be head of the IRS until his original agreement to take the position temporarily is satisfied.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#10521 May 16, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fired.
He's at work today, idiot.
He will be at work until the change-over is complete, dufus.
Besides, why does anyone want to fire him? All of this happened before he took the position last November?

Since: May 13

Marengo, OH

#10522 May 16, 2013
IRS, Benghazi, 9.5% unemployment, Phone spying, Fast & Furious, Global Warming hoax, subprime mortgage bubble crash, etc,

LIBERALISM IN DISLAY

Obama just happens to be one more single Liberal. It will happen again and again as long as there are Liberals free to destroy our country.

Location hidden

#10523 May 16, 2013
LiberalsAreHypocrites wrote:
IRS
IRS chief fired.

Location hidden

#10524 May 16, 2013
9.5% unemployment
Liar, liar, pants on fire.

Location hidden

#10525 May 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
He's at work today, idiot.
Fired, Jizzmbreath.

Location hidden

#10526 May 16, 2013
Phone spying
Nixon is dead.

Location hidden

#10527 May 16, 2013
Fast & Furious
Operation Wide Receiver

Location hidden

#10528 May 16, 2013
Global Warming hoax
Only people who graduated from the ninth grade believe the earth is getting warmer.

Location hidden

#10529 May 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The Obama remedy is to pretend to fire the guy who showed up after everything had already happened.
Obama should fire everyone in the government since he doesn't know what they do before he knows what they did.

Location hidden

#10530 May 16, 2013
subprime mortgage bubble crash, etc,
George Bush was president, Sweetie.

Location hidden

#10531 May 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
You can bet he's got all the details you mentioned.
Well, you can't bet anything, you have nothing of value, not even your word or your reputation.

Compare to George Bush's "Brownie".
jackson

Lexington, KY

#10532 May 16, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama should fire everyone in the government since he doesn't know what they do before he knows what they did.
That might actually be helpful. Then maybe he would use advisors (who know infinitely more than he how to LEAD) who could help him appoint people who would actually advise him when problems arise, not just cover for him.
It would be nice if he would know what's going on in his own administration, but he hasn't a clue. All in the name of plausible deniability - he's the teflon man - such a leader.
But that's how he likes it -- he's above it all and can do no wrong. People like you believe that and allow his arrogant ineptitude to continue.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#10533 May 16, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
... what?
I think you have a set screw loose in your brain housing group.
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#10534 May 16, 2013
jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
"Prolog" doesn't come into play -- just because something was done before (which I don't agree with a lot of what you said), doesn't mean it should be condoned or not investigated now.
First of all, I don't know if there are impeachable offenses here. I do want an investigation into these issues. The IRS mess is possibly criminal, but I don't believe the Benghazi mess is or probably even the Justice Department's actions with the AP reporters.
Obama fires a guy who was going to be out of his IRS position in June anyway. What a joke.
Obama will not tolerate what the IRS did -- well, whoopee, thank you. Why did you not know it was going on -- because it was helpful to you during your contentious and close campaign? Or do your "people" insulate you from these activities so you can deny knowledge (and appear incredibly stupid for not knowing)?
What about Benghazi? Will you not admit you knew what you knew and when you knew it? Will you not admit Hillary knew as well? Probably no admissions from Obama, it could hurt his legacy and hurt Hillary's 2016 chances. And it "doesn't matter" to Hillary -- that's her excuse. This is an extreme lack of honor and character issue on both of them.
And Obama's Justice Department secretly and covertly obtained phone records from AP journalists, well outside their standard protocol. But Obama just found out about it from the reports - incredible.
And now we have 100 pages of emails, detailing how the White House (OBAMA) and State Department (HILLARY) were involved in changing the statements to remove any reference to terrorist activities. Also removing reference to security requests, etc., and pointing all fingers to the CIA (I guess the CIA doesn't have anyone looking to run for president any time soon). The CIA probably did have a big involvement in this -- after all, that's what they DO. No one wanted to point any fingers at anyone so they made it as ambiguous as possible, and blamed something completely out of left field in order to divert attention from themselves -- it was right at the end of a very close, very contentious presidential campaign and we couldn't have the president involved in any scandal at that time, now, could we???
We have a petulant child running our country, and hundreds of underlings willing to keep him insulated (along with the media). Talk about a teflon president -- none have been so teflon as this one.
The past is prolog. Those who don't know the past are bound to repeat it. As to the so called scandals, did someone do something wrong at the IRS? probably, but I don't buy that it is significant. By historical standards it is such a small event, that there is no point even talking about it. Should it be investigated and corrected? Absolutely, but there are so many higher priorities that are being ignored that it becomes ridiculous.

As to Benghazi, that is simply a manufactured scandal. The GOP is simply using it to attack Obama and there is nothing behind it. Compared to bush's 9/11 attack where no investigation was done, it seems silly.

As to investigating AP for leaking secret information, that is what they always do. You can't leak secret information without an investigation to see where the leak came from. They arrest people for that. It is illegal. Complaining that they are doing their job seems like the GOP as usual.

If you agree to investigate all the crimes of the bush administration, then I would be more inclined to agree investigations of Obama. When you oppose investigation of even the most heinous crimes of one person, then demand investigations for trivia for the second person, it looks like you are simply playing politics. Remember I don't like Obama. He has done a great many things I strongly oppose. I never voted for him. That doesn't mean the GOP is acceptable either.

Location hidden

#10535 May 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
... what?
I think you have a set screw loose in your brain housing group.
I think you should use Woolite to get those stains out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 14 min Bonho 71,316
News Comey speculates Russians may have damaging inf... 17 min Ronald 225
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 19 min VetnorsGate 1,744,390
News Trump wants military to secure border with Mexico 46 min Concerned 383
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 57 min cpeter1313 336,650
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Quirky 243,394
News California: The Crazy State 1 hr DeadLeftistFunDitch 267