What the 2012 election taught us

What the 2012 election taught us

There are 10313 comments on the The Washington Post story from Nov 6, 2012, titled What the 2012 election taught us. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

We've been scouring the data for clues as to what we should learn from what happened tonight as President Obama relatively easily claimed a second term.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#10495 May 15, 2013
jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it, I ask an honest question and not one response from the left. They like to ignore my posts because they can't refute them.
They disagree with my beliefs, but can't answer my questions. I don't care if they disagree, I just wish they would be honest with themselves first, even if they won't respond to my questions.
LOL. Easy to refute. So easy that I wonder why you even ask them. There were tons of scandals in the bush administration, much much worse than now, and no investigation was ever considered; not even for the 9/11 attack on the pentagon and the WTC. bush ordered children to be tortured to death, yet, nothing from the MSM. bush signed the Pat Act, and nothing is done. bush lies to congress to start wars and nothing it done. Lots of attacks on US concerns around the world, nothing is done. And now you want to start impeachment for some made up nonsense? Downright silly.

Instead of creating made up scandals, look at the real problems. Look at how Obama continued the Pat Act. It is blatantly unconstitutional, yet the government still claims the right to imprison anyone anytime, no oversight needed. All that is required is an accusation and you get no trial, not even a phone call. Obama protected the blatant criminality of the bush administration, and nothing was done. He should be impeached for his actions, not your made up fantasies.
jackson

Lexington, KY

#10496 May 15, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Easy to refute. So easy that I wonder why you even ask them. There were tons of scandals in the bush administration, much much worse than now, and no investigation was ever considered; not even for the 9/11 attack on the pentagon and the WTC. bush ordered children to be tortured to death, yet, nothing from the MSM. bush signed the Pat Act, and nothing is done. bush lies to congress to start wars and nothing it done. Lots of attacks on US concerns around the world, nothing is done. And now you want to start impeachment for some made up nonsense? Downright silly.
Instead of creating made up scandals, look at the real problems. Look at how Obama continued the Pat Act. It is blatantly unconstitutional, yet the government still claims the right to imprison anyone anytime, no oversight needed. All that is required is an accusation and you get no trial, not even a phone call. Obama protected the blatant criminality of the bush administration, and nothing was done. He should be impeached for his actions, not your made up fantasies.
LOL. This still does not answer my question (surprise, surprise). It matters not at all what Bush did or didn't do during his administration. This is now the Obama administration -- as you asked for in the past two elections. He has been in office now for over four years. These are his issues, not Bush's.
If you would have investigated Bush for these scandals, why should we not want investigations of Obama? Whether Bush was investigated or not is not the issue here. It is whether or not THESE CURRENT scandals, along with Fast and Furious and others, should be investigated to determine who is involved and what exactly happened. If his actions so warrant after investigations, he should, indeed, be impeached.
And, for your information, these are not "made up" accusations. These are real problems within the Obama administration. The IRS admitted these problems, the extent of which we do not yet know. The Benghazi cover up is, indeed, a cover up -- who tells David Letterman well over a week AFTER the attack that it was due to a protest over a video when he knew the NIGHT of the attack that it was something else? I didn't make that up. It was on television for all eyes to see. Along with Hillary also stating the blame lie with the video IN FRONT OF THE FAMILIES AND CASKETS of those who died -- days later when she ALSO knew it was a lie.
The Justice Department admitted they intruded into AP reporters' phone records well out of their usual protocol.
These are NOT made up scandals. These events are real and factual.
You can say "Bush lied and people died" -- it just doesn't matter at this point.
THESE FACTUAL EVENTS HAPPENED ON OBAMA'S WATCH. I personally want to know more. Where did the idea to blame the Benghazi attack on a protest come from? Whose idea was that? Who issued the stand down order?? You can blame the security cuts on anyone you like, it doesn't explain a stand down order when people were READY and able to assist.
I'm not looking for any impeachment proceedings unless investigations are allowed and evidence so warrants. I do, however, want investigations done to the fullest extent -- as I would during any president's tenure.
I'll ask yet again, "If these events occurred during the Bush administration, wouldn't you want to get answers?" You scream about Bush's "scandals" now, where were you then? You had every right to question then -- did you? If not, why not? I asked questions. I'm asking them now, too.
Yet you still deflect. That's all you have, and it's nothing.
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#10497 May 15, 2013
jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. This still does not answer my question (surprise, surprise). It matters not at all what Bush did or didn't do during his administration. This is now the Obama administration -- as you asked for in the past two elections. He has been in office now for over four years. These are his issues, not Bush's.
If you would have investigated Bush for these scandals, why should we not want investigations of Obama? Whether Bush was investigated or not is not the issue here. It is whether or not THESE CURRENT scandals, along with Fast and Furious and others, should be investigated to determine who is involved and what exactly happened. If his actions so warrant after investigations, he should, indeed, be impeached.
And, for your information, these are not "made up" accusations. These are real problems within the Obama administration. The IRS admitted these problems, the extent of which we do not yet know. The Benghazi cover up is, indeed, a cover up --... I didn't make that up. It was on television for all eyes to see.....
The Justice Department admitted they intruded into AP reporters' phone records well out of their usual protocol.
These are NOT made up scandals. These events are real and factual.
You can say "Bush lied and people died" -- it just doesn't matter at this point.
THESE FACTUAL EVENTS HAPPENED ON OBAMA'S WATCH. I personally want to know more. Where did the idea to blame the Benghazi attack on a protest come from? Whose idea was that? Who issued the stand down order??...
I'm not looking for any impeachment proceedings unless investigations are allowed and evidence so warrants. I do, however, want investigations done to the fullest extent -- as I would during any president's tenure.
I'll ask yet again, "If these events occurred during the Bush administration, wouldn't you want to get answers?" You scream about Bush's "scandals" now, where were you then? You had every right to question then -- did you? If not, why not? I asked questions. I'm asking them now, too.
You misunderstand. I mention bush because past is prolog. As was recently released, Nixon committed treason to gain the white house. He sabotaged the 1968 peace agreement between the US and North Vietnam just so he could be president. Ford pardoned Nixon because he didn't want the republican party trying to defend itself after committing illegal acts. Reagan negotiated with Iran to hold the hostages till after he was elected and he would give them a good deal. He did. Again treason by the top guy in the GOP. bush jr committed illegal acts over and over, blatantly disregarding the law at every turn, yet no investigation into anything.

So we have a long history of the president being above the law. The republicans breaking the law and getting people killed and the democrats enabling such activity. Neither party deserves to remain in office.

Again, there are many reasons to impeach Obama, just go after the real problems instead of what the propagandists tell you to go after. You can impeach him for failure to investigate bush's crimes. You can impeach him for continuation of the Pat Act. You can impeach him for continuation of bush's wars. Your position looks like the guy willing to ignore mass murderers, but wants people in prison for jay walking.

On the other hand, Clinton was impeached for strictly political reasons. There was no substance to the alleged crimes and everyone knew it. That demeaned the process of impeachment. bush was obviously guilty of high crimes and misdemeanors, over and over and no impeachment was initiated.

The process of impeachment has become a mockery.

With all that said, I want open, honest government and we do not have it now. If/when someone in office breaks the law, they should be tried in a court and given a sentence. However I don't trust the courts at all. Look at the extreme partisanship of the USSC.
jackson

Lexington, KY

#10498 May 15, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
You misunderstand. I mention bush because past is prolog. As was recently released, Nixon committed treason to gain the white house. He sabotaged the 1968 peace agreement between the US and North Vietnam just so he could be president. Ford pardoned Nixon because he didn't want the republican party trying to defend itself after committing illegal acts. Reagan negotiated with Iran to hold the hostages till after he was elected and he would give them a good deal. He did. Again treason by the top guy in the GOP. bush jr committed illegal acts over and over, blatantly disregarding the law at every turn, yet no investigation into anything.
So we have a long history of the president being above the law. The republicans breaking the law and getting people killed and the democrats enabling such activity. Neither party deserves to remain in office.
I disagree about the "alleged crimes" for Clinton, but that, too, is water under the dam.
Again, there are many reasons to impeach Obama, just go after the real problems instead of what the propagandists tell you to go after. You can impeach him for failure to investigate bush's crimes. You can impeach him for continuation of the Pat Act. You can impeach him for continuation of bush's wars. Your position looks like the guy willing to ignore mass murderers, but wants people in prison for jay walking.
On the other hand, Clinton was impeached for strictly political reasons. There was no substance to the alleged crimes and everyone knew it. That demeaned the process of impeachment. bush was obviously guilty of high crimes and misdemeanors, over and over and no impeachment was initiated.
The process of impeachment has become a mockery.
With all that said, I want open, honest government and we do not have it now. If/when someone in office breaks the law, they should be tried in a court and given a sentence. However I don't trust the courts at all. Look at the extreme partisanship of the USSC.
You want to impeach Obama for Bush's failures? He's got enough problems of his own. Every day he is shown to be more and more of a figurehead, not a leader. He doesn't care what the government does, he's just the king. He has no interest in oversight, he is just enjoying the trappings of power.
He knows nothing about what is being done in his name or under his watch. As long as he can do what he likes and the press will scream "Hail, Obama!".
I want a president who will lead our congress to better things for our country. This government is out of control -- no one is minding the shop.
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#10499 May 15, 2013
jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
You want to impeach Obama for Bush's failures? He's got enough problems of his own. Every day he is shown to be more and more of a figurehead, not a leader. He doesn't care what the government does, he's just the king. He has no interest in oversight, he is just enjoying the trappings of power.
He knows nothing about what is being done in his name or under his watch. As long as he can do what he likes and the press will scream "Hail, Obama!".
I want a president who will lead our congress to better things for our country. This government is out of control -- no one is minding the shop.
After bush, job one as president was to turn the nation around and install the rule of law. Obama didn't do that.

I would agree Obama doesn't care, he is a politician. He has repeatedly placed the GOP in very difficult positions. Consider health care. Obama gave the GOP everything they wanted. They either had to support Obama and those policies, or turn against the very things they created. The Heritage foundation, at the request of the GOP created the health care monstrosity. It effectively gives the right to tax to private insurance companies, with no responsibility to provide any services at all. That is thievery. The republicans chose to hate their own program, and thus lose credibility. The problem is the damage those programs do to the nation. Obama's plan is to give everything to the GOP and watch them self-destruct. They have destroyed their brand, but meanwhile the country is a disaster.

As far as running the government, the puppet masters are in charge. I don't know who they are by name, but they control the government. They are pushing through their agenda of taking money from everyone who works and gives it to the extremely rich. More than 100% of the growth of the US during the last 30 years has gone to the top 1%, while everyone else has lost ground. Stock market up??? Who cares, the money all goes to the rich and no one else. That is not growth, that is a scam. As to oversight, Reagan removed it. There has not been oversight since Carter.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#10500 May 15, 2013
jackson wrote:
My sincere question to the libs out there:
IF these "scandals" (and don't forget some of the others, too -- Fast and Furious, etc.) had occurred during a republican's administration, can you HONESTLY say you wouldn't be angry and want to get to the bottom of these issues?
You're asking an American so-called "liberal" supporting the institution of an Orwellian dictatorship controlled by Marxist communists to be honest. The truth is, if they watched a video of Obama clubbing baby seals, they would have some excuse for it.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#10501 May 15, 2013
jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
People are becoming aware of Obama being nothing more than a figurehead. A lot of us knew that before the 2008 election just by looking at his term in office, both in Washington and Illinois. Any reasonably wise person would have known Obama wasn't going to become something other than a waste of food and fresh air merely because he won another election.
Here's what's going to happen:
Janet Napolitano is very obviously preparing for a large-scale war with the American people. The so-called "immigration" so-called "reform" legislation will put the 30 MILLION illegal aliens and the 20 million legal aliens here under her direct authority to allow to stay here at her whim.
Obama is allowing Wahhabist terrorists with Saudi passports to enter the country without any scrutiny. They are expanding the network of terrorist cells across the country.
You're dealing with Marxist communists. They have no intent of giving up the power they have achieved.
The precedent has been set for establishing a police state and eliminating all individual rights in Boston in the event of a terrorist attack.

The Democrats will determine the timing when they feel they can secure power by invalidating or postponing or eliminating elections. At this time the Wahhabist terrorists Obama is importing will create a wave of terrorist attacks similar to the communist uprising in South Vietnam in 1968.
An "emergency" condition will be declared, and Janet Napolitano will lock down the cities across the country, preventing any organized resistance to the elimination of the Constitution, thus the constitutional republic.

Plan ahead. Determine the organizational structure before the Democrats make their move. If you wait until it is necessary, you won't be able to do it.
If it is never needed, then that is the best anyone can hope for.

If you're negotiating with Marxist communists, you've already made your first mistake. They are the worst mass murderers in the history of civilization. Don't be naive.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#10502 May 15, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
What is "joy juice"?
Lick your lips.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#10504 May 16, 2013
Today's America was summed up a long time ago:
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled."
Mark Twain

The most recent episode in the comedy drama in the White House involves the IRS targetting, coincidentally, opposition to the Democrats' agenda. To cover this up, Obama pretends to fire the head of the IRS, who took the position after everything had happened during the election year and was only going to be in that position until June, anyway. The scapegoat will finish his tenure as originally planned.
This is something you expect in an episode of some show like "Married With Children" with Obama playing the part of Al Bundy.
jackson

Lexington, KY

#10505 May 16, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
You misunderstand. I mention bush because past is prolog. As was recently released, Nixon committed treason to gain the white house. He sabotaged the 1968 peace agreement between the US and North Vietnam just so he could be president. Ford pardoned Nixon because he didn't want the republican party trying to defend itself after committing illegal acts. Reagan negotiated with Iran to hold the hostages till after he was elected and he would give them a good deal. He did. Again treason by the top guy in the GOP. bush jr committed illegal acts over and over, blatantly disregarding the law at every turn, yet no investigation into anything......
"Prolog" doesn't come into play -- just because something was done before (which I don't agree with a lot of what you said), doesn't mean it should be condoned or not investigated now.
First of all, I don't know if there are impeachable offenses here. I do want an investigation into these issues. The IRS mess is possibly criminal, but I don't believe the Benghazi mess is or probably even the Justice Department's actions with the AP reporters.
Obama fires a guy who was going to be out of his IRS position in June anyway. What a joke.
Obama will not tolerate what the IRS did -- well, whoopee, thank you. Why did you not know it was going on -- because it was helpful to you during your contentious and close campaign? Or do your "people" insulate you from these activities so you can deny knowledge (and appear incredibly stupid for not knowing)?
What about Benghazi? Will you not admit you knew what you knew and when you knew it? Will you not admit Hillary knew as well? Probably no admissions from Obama, it could hurt his legacy and hurt Hillary's 2016 chances. And it "doesn't matter" to Hillary -- that's her excuse. This is an extreme lack of honor and character issue on both of them.
And Obama's Justice Department secretly and covertly obtained phone records from AP journalists, well outside their standard protocol. But Obama just found out about it from the reports - incredible.
And now we have 100 pages of emails, detailing how the White House (OBAMA) and State Department (HILLARY) were involved in changing the statements to remove any reference to terrorist activities. Also removing reference to security requests, etc., and pointing all fingers to the CIA (I guess the CIA doesn't have anyone looking to run for president any time soon). The CIA probably did have a big involvement in this -- after all, that's what they DO. No one wanted to point any fingers at anyone so they made it as ambiguous as possible, and blamed something completely out of left field in order to divert attention from themselves -- it was right at the end of a very close, very contentious presidential campaign and we couldn't have the president involved in any scandal at that time, now, could we???
We have a petulant child running our country, and hundreds of underlings willing to keep him insulated (along with the media). Talk about a teflon president -- none have been so teflon as this one.

Since: May 13

Marengo, OH

#10506 May 16, 2013
Seven Muslims trespass into the Quabbin Reservoir water reservoir in Boston.

Liberals in full gear to protect and defend their freedom of religion.

Liberals will be killed for their stupidity.

Liberal's water supply will be contaminated with toxic/nuclear/biological contaminants by Muslims as they keep defending the Muslims and attacking Christians.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#10507 May 16, 2013
LiberalsAreHypocrites wrote:
Seven Muslims trespass into the Quabbin Reservoir water reservoir in Boston.
Liberals in full gear to protect and defend their freedom of religion.
Liberals will be killed for their stupidity.
Liberal's water supply will be contaminated with toxic/nuclear/biological contaminants by Muslims as they keep defending the Muslims and attacking Christians.
Boston voted for the muslim, and now the muslims are bombing them.
I wonder just how long it will take them to connect the dots.

Location hidden

#10508 May 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
The most recent episode in the comedy drama in the White House involves the IRS targetting,
IRS chief fired within days.

I'd say, compare this to the way Bush handled criticism of his handling of the Katrina disaster.

Location hidden

#10509 May 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Boston voted for the muslim,.
Stomp stomp stomp.

Even Palin laughs at Birthers.

Location hidden

#10510 May 16, 2013
jackson wrote:
<
First of all, I don't know if there are impeachable offenses here.
I like the way you announce you don't know what you are talking about first but you are all to happy to continue on.

Location hidden

#10511 May 16, 2013
jackson wrote:
Obama will not tolerate what the IRS did -- well, whoopee, thank you. Why did you not know it was going on...
Do you think the POTUS knows what is going on in every office of every branch of the US government?

He fired the person in charge. He does not have the power to take him out to the curb and shoot him behind the ear.

What would you like to have him do?

Location hidden

#10512 May 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
Obama pretends to fire the head of the IRS,
Pretend?

(quote)
Bluntly declaring "I am angry" about the IRS scandal, President Barack Obama said late Wednesday that Treasury Secretary Jack Lew had forced out Steven Miller, the acting commissioner of the Internal Revenue Service. Speaking in the East Room of the White House, Obama called Miller's ouster "the first step" to prevent similar misconduct in the future and vowed to "do everything in my power" to make sure it never happens again.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#10513 May 16, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
IRS chief fired within days.
I'd say, compare this to the way Bush handled criticism of his handling of the Katrina disaster.
Well, dufus, if he was fired, why is he at work today?
He'll be in the position of temporary head of the IRS until he completes his change-over with his successor, as was in accordance with the original agreement when he accepted this temporary assignment last November.
And, since all of this happened before he took the position last November, why did Obama pretend to fire him?
Perhaps Obama pretended to fire him because the IRS admitted they targeted opponents to the Democrats' agenda?

The most recent episode in the comedy drama in the White House involves the IRS targetting, coincidentally, opposition to the Democrats' agenda. To cover this up, Obama pretends to fire the head of the IRS, who took the position temprarily after everything had already happened during the election year and was only going to be in that position until June, anyway. The scapegoat will finish his tenure as originally planned.
This is something you expect in an episode of some show like "Married With Children" with Obama playing the part of Al Bundy.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#10514 May 16, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretend?
(quote)
Bluntly declaring "I am angry" about the IRS scandal, President Barack Obama said late Wednesday that Treasury Secretary Jack Lew had forced out Steven Miller, the acting commissioner of the Internal Revenue Service. Speaking in the East Room of the White House, Obama called Miller's ouster "the first step" to prevent similar misconduct in the future and vowed to "do everything in my power" to make sure it never happens again.
So, if the guy was fired, why the f**k is he at work today?

"... everything within my power...."
Obama isn't in charge of anything. He's nothing more than a moocher doing and saying everything he's ordered to do and say so he can continue riding in the gold seat on the government gravy train. Obama has never done anything in his life. He has zero accomplishments. This is why the real faculty at the University of Chicago Law School describe Obama as "lazy and unqualified".(You'd know that if you ever bothered to look into anything factual.) All he's ever done is nothing different than some actor being given a scropt to act out. Obama is a gifted actor, though.
jackson

Lexington, KY

#10515 May 16, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think the POTUS knows what is going on in every office of every branch of the US government?
He fired the person in charge. He does not have the power to take him out to the curb and shoot him behind the ear.
What would you like to have him do?
That's a complete cop out. I expect the POTUS to have people in place who will advise him when problems arise. That shouldn't be too difficult. That way he has the ability to get out front of a problem and either nip it in the bud or deal with it appropriately. If he hasn't put people in place who will do that, then he isn't a very efficient/effective leader. It seems to me he has put people in these positions who will cover his behind whenever necessary. Either that or he's entirely inept (which we knew due to his complete lack of experience in actually LEADING people). So he's either inefficient or inexperienced. His government is running amok under him.
He fired a person who was already scheduled to step down from the position in June -- big whoop. Really powerful stuff here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min mdbuilder 1,618,203
News Trump: Drug czar nominee pulls his name from co... 6 min hawaiian punch 51
News Pence leaves NFL game after players kneel durin... 10 min hawaiian punch 691
News Trump Must Keep His Promise: Repeal DACA 15 min cocoMakemostooge 244
News Trump to halt subsidies to health insurers 18 min hawaiian punch 252
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 22 min NutSoDivineMsM 318,270
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 25 min NutSoDivineMsM 36,501
News US Sen. John McCain receives Liberty Medal from... 31 min John McQuan 51
News Donald Trump 2 hr Red Crosse 43
More from around the web