What the 2012 election taught us

What the 2012 election taught us

There are 10317 comments on the The Washington Post story from Nov 6, 2012, titled What the 2012 election taught us. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

We've been scouring the data for clues as to what we should learn from what happened tonight as President Obama relatively easily claimed a second term.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#8455 Feb 14, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>Hitler:
Political genius.
Social radical.
Consumed with racial hatred.
Sought revenge for a lost war.

Democrats:
Political genius.
Social radical.
Seek revenge for losing the Cold War.
Faux news reports...

Brooklyn, New York

#8456 Feb 14, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>just depends on which side of the fence you are standing on.
The side I stand on sees him as a fkn lunatic.
Shakalaka

Morrow, GA

#8457 Feb 14, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
I am a Vietman veteran, dufus.
Now, back to the issue you continually run away from like a dog escaping from Michael Vick's house:
You seem to be very ignorant of who lives in the United States, and how the demographics were differentiated by votes.
My great grandmother was the daughter of former slaves on a sugar cane plantation in Louisiana.
Her husband was a Spanish man who was the grandson of a Bayou Goula Native American woman.
That was from my maternal grandmother.
My maternal grandfather was the grandson of a jewish woman.
So, how about you tell me what I am.
Now, back to the question you are trying intensely to not answer:
Is Obama white, or black?
Yeah yeah yeah... Next you'll try to convince us that Yo DADDY is from Kenya! ROFLMAO

If you want to know what Obama's race is why don't you email him as get it from the horses mouth?
Shakalaka

Morrow, GA

#8458 Feb 14, 2013
jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
If I'm so racist (yes, I am white), then why would I vote for any number of African-American people, or Cuban?
At this point, with the knowledge I have to date, I would vote for:
Ben Carson, Condoleeza Rice, Herman Cain (all of whom are more "pure" African-American than Obama) and Marco Rubio? There are others I can't think of at the moment, but their color has absolutely nothing to do with why I would vote for them.
I don't care if a politician is purple, if I agree with their vision for our country, I will vote for them and campaign for them, as I have every other candidate with whom I agree politically.
I find it is usually the one who cries "racism" who is the racist. That seems to be the case here with your racist remarks.
You didn't have to point out the fact that you are white. We already summized as much. Let me say this. White people, you all need to stop trying to compare us to you all. Here's why.

1. We do not share the same ideas as you do.
2. We do not SEE things the same way you do.
3. We do not AGREE with the way to do things.
4. We do not Feel the same way you do about life or death

So just because YOU like a say...Condi Rice and you Say you would vote for her... We "African Americans" (a) do not believe you and (2) even if you would, WE WOULD NOT! I don't expect you to attempt to understand our reasons. It would be asking too much of a racist in denial. Clarence Carter, Condi Rice, Herman Cain, all have been brain washed and caught up in the senseless B.S. of white America which is why THEY would never be elected president if they had to depend on the Black Vote. Don't sell those wolf tickets to the Wolf Whisperer darling. We KNOW why you "Say" you'd vote for them. But Action speaks louder than words. All any of those three would have to do is support Obama (Actually Condi did as did Colin Powell) AND I wouldn't be surprised if Herman Cain cast his vote for Obama (truth be told) and YOU racist would throw them under the bus in a new york minute.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#8459 Feb 14, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, virtually 100 percent of the black population cares.
So, out of curiosity, is Obama white or black?
Over 80% of African Americans voted for Clinton, who was referred to as "the first black president."

So is Clinton black?

And why do you redundantly ask the same question?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#8460 Feb 15, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Out of curiosity, are you half full of shit or totally full of shit?
You know you'll have to come see us. We know you'll have to come see us.

See you then.))))

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#8461 Feb 15, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Faux news reports...
You arre so fullofshit.
Reference it, idiot.

What you read is what I concluded after studying the Democrats. Here it is again:

Hitler:
Political genius.
Social radical.

Democrats:
Political genius.
Social radical.

When the f**k have you ever heard Fox News ever say something like the Democrats committed treason throughout the Cold War and were on the side of the communists?

Put up or shut up. Where's the link, fatass?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#8462 Feb 15, 2013
Shakalaka wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't have to point out the fact that you are white. We already summized as much. Let me say this. White people, you all need to stop trying to compare us to you all. Here's why.
So just because YOU like a say...Condi Rice and you Say you would vote for her... We "African Americans" (a) do not believe you and (2) even if you would, WE WOULD NOT! I don't expect you to attempt to understand our reasons. It would be asking too much of a racist in denial. Clarence Carter, Condi Rice, Herman Cain, all have been brain washed and caught up in the senseless B.S. of white America which is why THEY would never be elected president if they had to depend on the Black Vote. Don't sell those wolf tickets to the Wolf Whisperer darling. We KNOW why you "Say" you'd vote for them. But Action speaks louder than words. All any of those three would have to do is support Obama (Actually Condi did as did Colin Powell) AND I wouldn't be surprised if Herman Cain cast his vote for Obama (truth be told) and YOU racist would throw them under the bus in a new york minute.
What f**k*ng planet do you live on?
Explain Alan West.
Explain Mia Love.
Explain Herman Cain.

... goddam idiot.

Brooklyn, New York

#8463 Feb 15, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You know you'll have to come see us. We know you'll have to come see us.
See you then.))))
Is Marco Rubio going to be the GOP's answer?

*giggle*

Yeah, with that kind of push, you'll still be "seeing" the presidency from the bleachers, champ.

Brooklyn, New York

#8464 Feb 15, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain Alan West.
Explain Mia Love.
Explain Herman Cain.
... goddam idiot.
Alan West - idiot

Mia Love - you mean Ludmya Bourdeau, a confused Hatian black woman from Brooklyn New York that ended up in Utah as a fkn Mormon??!?!
There are so many things wrong with her, it would take a fkn two page document to go over all of them.

Herman Cain - Pizza king and idiot.

Any more questions, bright eyes?

Brooklyn, New York

#8465 Feb 15, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You arre so fullofshit.
Reference it, idiot.
What you read is what I concluded after studying the Democrats. Here it is again:
Hitler:
Political genius.
Social radical.
Democrats:
Political genius.
Social radical.
Your redneck anger feeds me...
MMMMMMMMM, good.
When the f**k have you ever heard Fox News ever say something like the Democrats committed treason throughout the Cold War and were on the side of the communists?
Your redneck anger fuels me....
jackson

Lexington, KY

#8466 Feb 15, 2013
Shakalaka wrote:
<quoted text>
I know most of you SURMISED that I am white - I thought I'd point it out to support my statements.
I am a moderate conservative (which I have stated many times). I vote for any person who most closely aligns with my beliefs and vision for our country. We do have that right and obligation. However, because our president is one-half black, racism has become the deflection when we attempt to discuss issues and prefer other viewpoints than his.
Just because I would vote for Condi Rice or certain others, doesn't mean you have to agree with me. I don't expect you to -- you are a liberal and we, by nature, disagree on what we believe is best for our country. But to believe blacks have been brainwashed simply because they disagree with you, is to belittle yourself.
Each of us has a brain. Brains are similar. Our bodies function similarly. Calling me a liar is just as racist as the rest of your remarks. You call me a liar because you don't believe I would vote for a minority. You don't know me. Of course I vote regardless of color. We all should.
It's obvious you ONLY vote based on color. I'm sorry you have denied your brain the ability to look at all viewpoints, rather than just castigating those with whom you've been told you disagree. Obama and the mainstream media are telling you how to think -- and you're letting them.
I understand you have a different culture, and I embrace diversity. I appreciate differing viewpoints and do sometimes change my mind when I'm given an intelligent alternative. Just because my culture is different than yours, doesn't mean I don't have valid viewpoints. If you think that I can't have a valid viewpoint because my culture is different, then you are most definitely a racist.
I have voted in every election since I have been able to vote. I have voted for many persons of color simply because I believe in their vision for my community, my city, my country. I have voted across party lines, too, many times.
Pretend you are blind, and just listen. I'm guessing that won't change your mind, but you might be able to at least consider a different viewpoint even if you determine you still don't agree with it. I would appreciate the fact that you listened. Everyone hears, not not everyone listens. They are very different things.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#8467 Feb 15, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Alan West - idiot
Mia Love - you mean Ludmya Bourdeau, a confused Hatian black woman from Brooklyn New York that ended up in Utah as a fkn Mormon??!?!
There are so many things wrong with her, it would take a fkn two page document to go over all of them.
You post things, that are so easily disproved it's laughable.. Don't you wish... you had the money Herman Cain has from Pizza King... Naw, you would rather sit in your skivies, drinking Ripple, and posting drivel on these threads..Get out of the ghetto, and get a life.....

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#8468 Feb 15, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>You post things, that are so easily disproved it's laughable.. Don't you wish... you had the money Herman Cain has from Pizza King... Naw, you would rather sit in your skivies, drinking Ripple, and posting drivel on these threads..Get out of the ghetto, and get a life.....
Don't know why you Repubs can't win elections. You had the best minds of your GOP running.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#8469 Feb 15, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Your redneck anger fuels me....
Your avoiding answering these questions like a pack of dogs avoiding Michael Vick's house....

You arre so fullofshit.
Reference it, idiot.

Hitler:
Political genius.
Social radical.

Democrats:
Political genius.
Social radical.

You know you'll have to come see us.
Hopefully, it will be because you aren't looking for something to steal. Perhaps you want to learn something about becoming self-reliant.
..... I almost got that out without busting out with laughter.
See you when you get here.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#8470 Feb 15, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Alan West - idiot
Some similarities....
Barry Soetoro, half Kenyan mulatto that ended up in Chicago as a Marxist communist?

You think an idiot can manage a business the size of which Herman Cain manages. You are an idiot.

Alan West.... American patriot. Of course, an idiot according to your logic. Who would be an American patriot when the goddam president was an enemy of the United States during the Cold War, and just recently ordered all military units to disregard their default orders of responding to an attack on the embassy in Libya while he watched Al Qaeda kill Americans on the live video feed?
Then, the goddam president lies for two weeks trying to cover up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States.

Who would choose to be a patriot when even the goddam president is helping the enemy?
Alan West, that's who.

“or Fox News”

Since: Jan 08

Vicksburg, MI

#8471 Feb 15, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You arre so fullofshit.
Reference it, idiot.
Hitler:
Political genius.
Social radical.
Democrats:
Political genius.
Social radical.
Ahh yes when you run out of talking points revert to the Hitler comparison.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#8472 Feb 15, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Don't know why you Repubs can't win elections. You had the best minds of your GOP running.
We don't have people with the IQ of a turnip,(Obama Money et al) voting Republican, where is landowner voting, when it is needed?
Shakalaka

Morrow, GA

#8473 Feb 15, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain Alan West.
Explain Mia Love.
Explain Herman Cain.
... goddam idiot.
You apparently are the goddam idiot. Trying to explain shit to you is like trying to teach Spanish to a Gold Fish! Geeesh!

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#8474 Feb 15, 2013
Hypnotic Phantom wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh yes when you run out of talking points revert to the Hitler comparison.
"Talking points"... Yeah. Right....

Here's the comparison again, for your reference when you give us your argument why these comparisons aren't accurate:

Hitler:
Political genius.
Social radical.

Democrats:
Political genius.
Social radical.

So, where are the inaccuracies?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Louisiana newspaper say 'glad' Obama has now de... 1 min slick willie expl... 150
News Democrats seek repeal of ban on federal funding... 2 min barefoot2626 118
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 2 min Jefferson Davis 7,153
News Trump calls on GOP to improve African-American ... 2 min kuda 242
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min RoxLo 1,417,481
News Why it Matters: Income inequality 3 min Dee Dee Dee 352
News Backlash for Trump after he lashes out at the M... 4 min barefoot2626 989
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 5 min barefoot2626 7,409
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Jay 239,172
News Donald Trump's immigration policy: Then and now 11 min Go Blue Forever 57
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 20 min Cheech the Conser... 393,381
More from around the web