What the 2012 election taught us

Nov 6, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Washington Post

We've been scouring the data for clues as to what we should learn from what happened tonight as President Obama relatively easily claimed a second term.

Comments
6,621 - 6,640 of 10,324 Comments Last updated Oct 1, 2013

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7289
Jan 27, 2013
 
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
How many died in Fast and Furious DIRECTLY?
Over 600!!!
But no investigation, no comments. Like a liberal on here said, "no thing to see there". That is why Obama abused executive privilege, because there was nothing in there to see, right?
See, only Liberals are so easy to fool.
Can any liberal in here tell us if it was fine for Obama to hide the truth under Executive Privilege, Yes or Not?
I bet no Liberal will dare to tell us!!!
Because they know that whatever the answer they are screw, lied to and fooled by their Liberal Socialist in chief!!!
You fabricate numbers, with no reference, and even if you were correct, how does 600 vs. at the very least, over 20,000 compare?

You asked specific questions - I answered them - with irrefutable proof to boot!

Now to your next question - did Reagan use executive privilage?

Yes he did;

"Clarifying an earlier court filing, lawyers for Ronald Reagan said today that they were invoking executive privilege in refusing to turn over excerpts from the former President's private diaries to John M. Poindexter, the former national security adviser who faces trial in the Iran-contra affair.

The explanation by Mr. Reagan's lawyers came in response to an order earlier in the day by Judge Harold H. Greene of Federal District Court, who said he needed clarification on whether they intended to assert a ''formal claim by the former President of executive privilege.''

In legal papers filed on Monday, Mr. Reagan's lawyers cited executive privilege, without using the term, in refusing to comply with a previous order by Judge Greene to surrender the diaries."

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/02/08/us/reagan-c...

You continue stating us liberals are easy to fool?

See how easy it was to rip you a new azzhole?

Conservatives are sooo fcuking stupid.

Have a nice day!!

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7290
Jan 27, 2013
 
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a Liberal therefore a liar!!!
Facts proves you wrong:
http://www.people-press.org/files/2012/08/8-1...
LMFAO!!!!

Thanks for proving even MSNBC has a more positive believability rating than Faux News!

And 60 Minutes is almost on top!

Talk about putting your own foot in your mouth - learn to read numbnuts!!
Major Republic-an

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7291
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>Who founded the KKK and abortion to kill blacks:

A. Republicans
B. DemocRATS
C. I am a clueless liberal
My Gawd you're a idiot...

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7292
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

TonyT1961 wrote:
Now to your next question - did Reagan use executive privilage?
Yes he did;!
Hey!

I'm NOT sharing my commission!

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7293
Jan 27, 2013
 
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey!
I'm NOT sharing my commission!
But I gave the link! Does that count for anything???????

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7294
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
But I gave the link! Does that count for anything???????
Give me a 25 foot roll of chicken fence and I've give you mine and we call it even.

I'm starting to think I miss having fresh eggs...

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7295
Jan 27, 2013
 
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me a 25 foot roll of chicken fence and I've give you mine and we call it even.
I'm starting to think I miss having fresh eggs...
Consider it done.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7296
Jan 28, 2013
 
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
i have said 1,000 times since Election Day.
the social conservatives in the GOP Re-elected Obama singlehanded
If they would have just shut up, Romney could have won.
I don't believe that puople incapable of maintaining silence for a couple of months are capable of learning lessons quickly. Most likely the GOP is doomed to fight Quioxitic crusades for a while.
All i can do is encourage them to stick to their guns...
Bullshit.
Look at every poll. Chris Christi created a 5-point swing when he sabotaged the election and publicly insulted Romney, then in the very next movement he pranced around with Obama all day. Relate that to the final outcome. Without that 5-point swing, Obama loses.
And, nobody believes your numbers, anyway. There were over 60 precincts identified where not one single voter, not one, out of hundreds of thousands pressed the wrong button by mistake.
That is an impossibility.
It's child's play to find the polling places where programs were written to steal 100 percent of the vote. It's virtually impossible to find the polling places where programs were written to steal one in three or one in four votes.

Given all the votes stolen, Obama still needed Chris Christi to sabotagte the election to win in addition to stealing an uncountable number of votes.

By the way, the Democrats rewarded Christi for sabotaging the election by making him uncontested in the next election for governor.

Since the Democrats destroyed our democracy, and the Democrats are openly attempting to establish another government aside from the government described in the Constitution, I just don't see how a civil war can be avoided... unless you can convince the millions of Americans who took the oath they made to defend the Constitution seriously to just lay down and let you install your fascist dictatorship.

... I don't see that happening.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7297
Jan 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
You fabricate numbers, with no reference, and even if you were correct, how does 600 vs. at the very least, over 20,000 compare?
You asked specific questions - I answered them - with irrefutable proof to boot!
Now to your next question - did Reagan use executive privilage?
Yes he did;
"Clarifying an earlier court filing, lawyers for Ronald Reagan said today that they were invoking executive privilege in refusing to turn over excerpts from the former President's private diaries to John M. Poindexter, the former national security adviser who faces trial in the Iran-contra affair.
The explanation by Mr. Reagan's lawyers came in response to an order earlier in the day by Judge Harold H. Greene of Federal District Court, who said he needed clarification on whether they intended to assert a ''formal claim by the former President of executive privilege.''
In legal papers filed on Monday, Mr. Reagan's lawyers cited executive privilege, without using the term, in refusing to comply with a previous order by Judge Greene to surrender the diaries."
http://www.nytimes.com/1990/02/08/us/reagan-c...
You continue stating us liberals are easy to fool?
See how easy it was to rip you a new azzhole?
Conservatives are sooo fcuking stupid.
Have a nice day!!
Not so fast, dufus. You seem tho think we Americans are programmed to believe everything that comes out of some Washington politician's mouth as the undisputable truth. The truth is, it is so bad today with lies from Washington, if some politician said the sun was coming up in the East tomorrow morning, most Americans would be looking in the West.

It's obvious the BATF began running guns for the Mexican drug cartels when Obama took office. Before Obama, there were a total of 300 guns with a gps tracking device in each gun and they were seized before they crossed the border.
After Obama, over 2000 guns and somebody ordered the GPS tracking devices to not be used, and somebody ordered that the guns not be tracked and seized before they crossed the border.
Give us that person.
We'll decide after we talk with him who knew what, dupe.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7298
Jan 28, 2013
 
I do believe this is week number four since the frauds calling themselves Democrats began running like scalded dogs from these questions:

Question number ONE:

Where was Obama during the 7-hour battle between Al Qaeda and the stripped-down American security detatchment in Banghazi while the real-time video was being watched in the White House?

And, question number TWO;

Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?

A simple location is required to answer the first question.
A simple source of money is required to answer the second question.

To date, nobody on Earth has answered either question.
truman

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7299
Jan 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit.
Look at every poll. Chris Christi created a 5-point swing when he sabotaged the election and publicly insulted Romney, then in the very next movement he pranced around with Obama all day. Relate that to the final outcome. Without that 5-point swing, Obama loses.
And, nobody believes your numbers, anyway. There were over 60 precincts identified where not one single voter, not one, out of hundreds of thousands pressed the wrong button by mistake.
That is an impossibility.
It's child's play to find the polling places where programs were written to steal 100 percent of the vote. It's virtually impossible to find the polling places where programs were written to steal one in three or one in four votes.
Given all the votes stolen, Obama still needed Chris Christi to sabotagte the election to win in addition to stealing an uncountable number of votes.
By the way, the Democrats rewarded Christi for sabotaging the election by making him uncontested in the next election for governor.
Since the Democrats destroyed our democracy, and the Democrats are openly attempting to establish another government aside from the government described in the Constitution, I just don't see how a civil war can be avoided... unless you can convince the millions of Americans who took the oath they made to defend the Constitution seriously to just lay down and let you install your fascist dictatorship.
... I don't see that happening.
Lord you repubs are tedious.
Paranoia,self delusion and denial....small wonder the majority of Americans found you UNFIT to lead.
It is nice to see that inspite of the talk right after the Election of the GOP re-tooling itself to become more appealling to the fast growing demographics that found them and their idealogy reppelant The tea Bagging Fools and Bigots ahve fallen back on their default mode...blaming everyone and everything for their defeat retreating into some alternate universe denial cocoon.
Which precludes them from changing a note which fortunately means they wont win another National Election in our lifetime.

Since: Jan 13

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7300
Jan 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

truman wrote:
<quoted text>
Lord you repubs are tedious.
Paranoia,self delusion and denial....small wonder the majority of Americans found you UNFIT to lead.
It is nice to see that inspite of the talk right after the Election of the GOP re-tooling itself to become more appealling to the fast growing demographics that found them and their idealogy reppelant The tea Bagging Fools and Bigots ahve fallen back on their default mode...blaming everyone and everything for their defeat retreating into some alternate universe denial cocoon.
Which precludes them from changing a note which fortunately means they wont win another National Election in our lifetime.
Actually, the right wing teabaggers beleive that the reason they lost is because they weren't CRAZY ENOUGH! According to their reasoning, the voters rejected them because they were too "moderate". lol

Its like hearing John Dillinger argue that the cops were against him because he wasn't robbing enough banks.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7301
Jan 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

truman wrote:
<quoted text>
Lord you repubs are tedious.
Paranoia,self delusion and denial....small wonder the majority of Americans found you UNFIT to lead.
It is nice to see that inspite of the talk right after the Election of the GOP re-tooling itself to become more appealling to the fast growing demographics that found them and their idealogy reppelant The tea Bagging Fools and Bigots ahve fallen back on their default mode...blaming everyone and everything for their defeat retreating into some alternate universe denial cocoon.
Which precludes them from changing a note which fortunately means they wont win another National Election in our lifetime.
Youforgot to anser the post, dufus.
I referenced data and related it to an actual count. Then, there were those places of impossibility I noted. All you did was regurgitate indoctrinated party line mantra.

When you participate in a discussion, you relate your statements and justifications to the statements you are responding to. You have yet to respond to any of the statements.
I'll help you. Here's the post again:

Look at every poll. Chris Christi created a 5-point swing when he sabotaged the election and publicly insulted Romney, then in the very next movement he pranced around with Obama all day. Relate that to the final outcome. Without that 5-point swing, Obama loses.
And, nobody believes your numbers, anyway. There were over 60 precincts identified where not one single voter, not one, out of hundreds of thousands pressed the wrong button by mistake.
That is an impossibility.
It's child's play to find the polling places where programs were written to steal 100 percent of the vote. It's virtually impossible to find the polling places where programs were written to steal one in three or one in four votes.
Given all the votes stolen, Obama still needed Chris Christi to sabotagte the election to win in addition to stealing an uncountable number of votes.
By the way, the Democrats rewarded Christi for sabotaging the election by making him uncontested in the next election for governor.
Since the Democrats destroyed our democracy, and the Democrats are openly attempting to establish another government aside from the government described in the Constitution, I just don't see how a civil war can be avoided... unless you can convince the millions of Americans who took the oath they made to defend the Constitution seriously to just lay down and let you install your fascist dictatorship.
... I don't see that happening.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7302
Jan 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Obama's Treasury Report....

The 260-page report is a devastating overview of the federal budget. As the budget debates continue over the next two months, there are two things to take from this report:

First and foremost, this report comes from the Treasury Department, subordinates of the Secretary of the Treasury, who is a proxy of President Obama. Not only is the report credible from that perspective the Treasury Department is not exactly a right-wing think tank it also means that President Obama and his chief financial advisors are aware of the fiscal facts.

Second, this knowledge is widespread in Congress. This means every single Member of Congress, as well as Obama and all his staff, who say we can wait on balancing the budget either needs a new staff or is lying.

In short, the Treasury Department stated that there is a 10-year window to rectify the government's spending problem before the collapse of the government becomes a certainty.
Given that the Treasury Department moves its assessment to benefit Obama, it is certain that 10-year assessment can be cut at least in half, and probably more.

If Obama tells you the end of the existence of the United States is imminent, who are you to disagree with him?
... unless that is Obama's intent.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7303
Jan 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the right wing teabaggers beleive that the reason they lost is because they weren't CRAZY ENOUGH! According to their reasoning, the voters rejected them because they were too "moderate". lol
Its like hearing John Dillinger argue that the cops were against him because he wasn't robbing enough banks.
You seem to be intentionally ignoring this blatant face:

Look at every poll. Chris Christi created a 5-point swing when he sabotaged the election and publicly insulted Romney, then in the very next movement he pranced around with Obama all day. Relate that to the final outcome. Without that 5-point swing, Obama loses.
And, nobody believes your numbers, anyway. There were over 60 precincts identified where not one single voter, not one, out of hundreds of thousands pressed the wrong button by mistake.
That is an impossibility.
It's child's play to find the polling places where programs were written to steal 100 percent of the vote. It's virtually impossible to find the polling places where programs were written to steal one in three or one in four votes.
Given all the votes stolen, Obama still needed Chris Christi to sabotagte the election to win in addition to stealing an uncountable number of votes.
By the way, the Democrats rewarded Christi for sabotaging the election by making him uncontested in the next election for governor.
Since the Democrats destroyed our democracy, and the Democrats are openly attempting to establish another government aside from the government described in the Constitution, I just don't see how a civil war can be avoided... unless you can convince the millions of Americans who took the oath they made to defend the Constitution seriously to just lay down and let you install your fascist dictatorship.
... I don't see that happening.
jackson

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7304
Jan 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes I think we get too bogged down in which news outlets favor which candidates. I will agree that some major networks lean toward Democrats. But I don't think the liberal bias of say, CNN or the 'bit three" networks is nearly as blatant as the right wing bias of Fox News. I mean, the mainstrema media basically plays it pretty staight, without a lot of overt favoritism, whereas Fox News is fanantically pro right wing.
I think the reason right wingers see mainstream media as so far left is because the right wing has certain anti-Democratic points they want to push, and the mainstream media is just not interested. To Fox News, there is nothing more important than things like Reverend Wright, Bill Ayers, ACORN, the New Black Panthers, Behghazi, etc., but the mainstream media just doesn't see those things as being worth spending a lot of time on.(The mainstream media has in fact had stories on all those things. But then they move on.)
So, because the mainstream media is not constantly trying to push the right wing agenda, the right wingers see some huge "liberal bias" in the mainstream media. In other words, because the mainstream media is not fanatically anti-Obama, the right wingers see them as "in the tank" for Obama.
You didn't comprehend my statement. Fox NEWS reports unbiased news. The Fox STATION has many different "shows" which put forth obvious left and right viewpoints, along with facts and opinions.
The other millions of media outlets don't care that 4 people died in Benghazi and give Obama and Clinton a pass because "what does it matter now" is their excuse. Had this been a republican president and SOS, heads would be rolling down the hill right now. By the way, it DOES matter now. If a process is found to be inefficient or ineffective (security, etc.) and something bad happens, investigation needs to be done to assure the process is improved and this doesn't happen again. That's why it matters now, Hillary. The smallest reason it matters now is to determine why Susan Rice said on 5 programs that it was a video that caused it when it was well known by "them" at that time that it was not. Who threw her under the bus and, especially, why.
The mainstream media spin anything against the left to the point where it is unrecognizable, yet spin anything against the right as the most dire of circumstances. This is not illusion, they do it on purpose because that is the way they lean. However, they are subtle in their spin, ignoring right-leaning stories and highlighting left-leaning stories. They don't let it be known that it might be an opinion instead of fact. They have you convinced, don't they?
If you would watch a Fox Station show -- like Five at Five, you would see that, yes, they have more righties than lefties, but the lefties are allowed to speak, it is respectful and opinions and facts are given. They show that you can be friends and still disagree. Some contributors can get a bit contentious, but not usually. Actually, I don't watch Fox much but I have seen that show and I have watched their true NEWS programming.
I read CNN mostly for news (I like their format best), and do see liberal spin in a lot of it, but certainly not all. Their commentators on their network, though, do present opinions which is ok as long as the opinions are stated as such.
jackson

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7305
Jan 28, 2013
 
Funds and Friends wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter if they stay home or take a permanent vacations to mars... We have 4 more years of the best president this country has ever known. Things Change! Get over it!
I don't have a problem with change. But what, exactly, has this president done to improve our problems?
Adding to the deficit more than any other president, and continuing to do so? Raising the debt ceiling without addressing debt? Producing a budget -- well, no, he hasn't done that. Budget cuts? Well, no, he hasn't produced a viable budget!
Unemployment? He promised under 8% 5 years ago, it barely dipped below 8% in the last several months.
Transparent administration? HA!
Not raising taxes on the middle class -- HA again -- my pay stub says another good chunk of money is gone -- taking that money out of circulation. Yes, it was an expired tax, but if a republican president had said no new taxes on the middle class and this happened, what would YOU say? You villified Bush 41 because of his "read my lips" statement, yet the dems were the ones he compromised with??
And the ACA -- we still don't know the extent to which it will negatively affect our population. Nancy Pelosi probably doesn't know, either! All I know is friends of mine who are small business owners who previously provided health insurance for their employees (though they were not required to do so), will no longer carry that insurance due to the huge increase in cost.
Adding to the debt/deficit - though proclaiming it was "unpatriotic" for Bush to have done it???
About the only thing Obama achieved in his first term is convincing the left that it was all Bush's fault. There were other presidents before Bush (including Clinton, Carter, etc.), yet they shoulder no blame? Whatever bad you think Bush did, Obama has doubled that bad, yet you drink the Koolaid and say he's the best president this country has ever known?
jackson

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7306
Jan 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Court: Obama appointments are unconstitutional
BY SAM HANANEL
ASSOCIATED PRESS
WASHINGTON (AP)-- A federal appeals court has ruled that President Barack Obama violated the Constitution when he bypassed the Senate to fill vacancies on a labor relations panel.
The U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit says Obama did not have the power to make recess appointments earlier this year to the National Labor Relations Board.
Obama claims he acted properly because the Senate was away for the holidays. But the court says the Senate technically stayed in session when lawmakers gaveled in and out every few days for so-called "pro forma" sessions.
GOP lawmakers used the tactic specifically to prevent Obama from using his recess power to fill vacancies in an agency they claimed was too pro-union.
The Obama administrati
on is expected to appeal the decision to the Supreme Court.
Thanks for the info. Interesting. Obama is the supreme opportunist. "Never let a disaster/tragedy go to waste." "The Senate is on holiday."
I hope they do appeal -- and hope the Supreme Court rules on the law and not the politics.
jackson

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7307
Jan 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
We are "superior" as a nation BECAUSE of those very things you condemn. Geez, that's why our forefathers wanted to come here. To use their skills to further themselves and their off-spring. You make being an over-achiever appear to be a bad thing. People with your view points are the reason we have so many under achievers in need of assistance in the first place. Damn! Dumbing down of America is "progressive" BS!
You hit the nail on the head. Success is an evil word to the left.

Since: Jan 13

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7308
Jan 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be intentionally ignoring this blatant face:
Look at every poll. Chris Christi created a 5-point swing when he sabotaged the election and publicly insulted Romney, then in the very next movement he pranced around with Obama all day. Relate that to the final outcome. Without that 5-point swing, Obama loses.
And, nobody believes your numbers, anyway. There were over 60 precincts identified where not one single voter, not one, out of hundreds of thousands pressed the wrong button by mistake.
That is an impossibility.
It's child's play to find the polling places where programs were written to steal 100 percent of the vote. It's virtually impossible to find the polling places where programs were written to steal one in three or one in four votes.
Given all the votes stolen, Obama still needed Chris Christi to sabotagte the election to win in addition to stealing an uncountable number of votes.
By the way, the Democrats rewarded Christi for sabotaging the election by making him uncontested in the next election for governor.
Since the Democrats destroyed our democracy, and the Democrats are openly attempting to establish another government aside from the government described in the Constitution, I just don't see how a civil war can be avoided... unless you can convince the millions of Americans who took the oath they made to defend the Constitution seriously to just lay down and let you install your fascist dictatorship.
... I don't see that happening.
Dear Right Wing Loon,

Thank you for your interest in my recent Topix post. Although you babbling reply was mostly unintelligible, please be assured that you opinion is very important to me and my staff, as we are always anxious to hear from the mentally challenged. We will make every effort to respond to you within the next 7 to 10 business days. Until then, please feel free to continue drooling, crying, and soiling yourself over the recent election, in which Barak Hussein Obama so thoroughly humiliated you, as he will no doubt continue to do over the course of the next four years.

Best Wishes as you continue to live the life of a sad and angry failure,

Calm Liberal
Calm Liberal Enterprises, LTD.
123 Liberal Lane
Washington, D.C.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••