Ohio Slipping Out Of Romney's Reach

Sep 26, 2012 Read more: ABC News 2,841
OHIO NOW LEANS OBAMA: ABC News Political Director Amy Walter notes that today's New York Times-CBS News-Quinnipiac poll is the fourth non-partisan media poll in a row to show President Obama not only ahead by a significant margin, but at or above 50 percent of the vote. Read more

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#380 Oct 4, 2012
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>No, he said the truth, you've just been making up versions of your own truth. Just mad cause he was calling Obama on his lies.
You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.


News One
Will Romney's debate lies become the story?

Washington Post (blog)- 9 hours ago
The question for the press over the next few days is increasingly clear: Will the big story be about Mitt Romney's debate victory which, in turn,...

Mitt Fiction! A Rundown Of Romney's Lie-Ridden Debate Performance

News One
The First Debate: Mitt Romney's Five Biggest Lies

RollingStone.com The First Debate: Mitt Romney's Five Biggest Lies | Politics ... www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-first-... ...
15 hours ago ... Mitt Romney turned in a polished performance in last night's presidential debate ndash; and revealed himself to be an accomplished and ...
The 12 Lies That Made Mitt Romney's Debate Performance Pure ... www.politicususa.com/12-lies-mitt-romneys-deb...
12 hours ago ... Mitt Romney told outright lies about his record on several occasions - at least 12 times. The day after the debate, the brutal results of presenting ...
Rocky Mountain Lie: Mitt Romney Lost Debate In The Only Way ... www.mediaite.com/tv/rocky-mountain-lie-mitt-r... ...
18 hours ago ... There's no way to sugarcoat this. In every way that matters in the 2012 presidential election, in every way that will result in votes, Wednesday ...
Obama Allowed Mitt Romney to Get Away With Lies in Debate ...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#381 Oct 4, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it is in the headlines today. Your new marching orders are to abandon the War on Women. Now DumBama and his team are for the War on Big Bird. LOL
Really? Where does Rmoney think he can grab a new opinion on everything he has ever said and not be called on it. He knows video and audio exists. He loves teachers and thinks we should have more when we have direct evidence that he says we don't need more teachers, police and firefighters.
I get that a lot of voters who saw the debate don't live, breathe, and eat politics like some of us here on the boards do, but they cannot escape the glaring falsity of Romney and Ryan with all the ads where they are saying different things. Too much evidence. Someone once said of Romney, "Romney is not Pro Choice, He's Multiple Choice," and it is true. Many multiples. Brazen enough to pull it off though. Have to give him that.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#382 Oct 4, 2012
notlocal wrote:
<quoted text>
I had no idea you were a woman. Cool.
Yep. You are also, right? I thought we had discussed our Genders, but maybe not. Yes women are cool, I agree. They wear a lot of hats.
notlocal

AOL

#383 Oct 4, 2012
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no way around the dismissal of women by the Republican Party. It is obvious that Republicans have nothing but disdain and disrespect for women. That is not even debatable. Not an issue that can be argued with their record.
Condalleta Rice (Most likely misspelled), end of discussion.
notlocal

AOL

#384 Oct 4, 2012
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. You are also, right? I thought we had discussed our Genders, but maybe not. Yes women are cool, I agree. They wear a lot of hats.
Yes, I am. And no we had not. LOL Yes, a lot of hats. Gentle way of putting it.
notlocal

AOL

#385 Oct 4, 2012
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Where does Rmoney think he can grab a new opinion on everything he has ever said and not be called on it. He knows video and audio exists. He loves teachers and thinks we should have more when we have direct evidence that he says we don't need more teachers, police and firefighters.
I get that a lot of voters who saw the debate don't live, breathe, and eat politics like some of us here on the boards do, but they cannot escape the glaring falsity of Romney and Ryan with all the ads where they are saying different things. Too much evidence. Someone once said of Romney, "Romney is not Pro Choice, He's Multiple Choice," and it is true. Many multiples. Brazen enough to pull it off though. Have to give him that.
You have to separate what Romney has actually said...like in his 8/30 acceptance speech, and how the dem ads have portrayed him with much assistance from the media.

I had not watched any of the debates leading up to his acceptance speech. When I watched it, I knew he knew how to turn thngs around. His energy is always apparent. Type A, always has to be achieving and doing something. I actually wanted Newt, but too much personal baggage. I'm more pleased with Romney.

I understand his plan and know how it will work.

Well, Massachusetts was in bad shape when he was elected. He said last night, if we can't pay for it without borrowing, I won't do it. I imagine he did the same thing with public workers in Massachusetts. But he left it in much better economic and eductional shape then when he entered office.

I really read Romney as 'what you see is what you get.' But I work for a very weatlhy man, so I'm used to it and I know they are just as human as the rest of us. And very caring.

As far as changing his stand on some social issues, if he has, we all evolve through our experiences and change our opinions from time to time.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#386 Oct 5, 2012
notlocal wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to separate what Romney has actually said...like in his 8/30 acceptance speech, and how the dem ads have portrayed him with much assistance from the media.
I had not watched any of the debates leading up to his acceptance speech. When I watched it, I knew he knew how to turn thngs around. His energy is always apparent. Type A, always has to be achieving and doing something. I actually wanted Newt, but too much personal baggage. I'm more pleased with Romney.
I understand his plan and know how it will work.
Well, Massachusetts was in bad shape when he was elected. He said last night, if we can't pay for it without borrowing, I won't do it. I imagine he did the same thing with public workers in Massachusetts. But he left it in much better economic and eductional shape then when he entered office.
I really read Romney as 'what you see is what you get.' But I work for a very weatlhy man, so I'm used to it and I know they are just as human as the rest of us. And very caring.
As far as changing his stand on some social issues, if he has, we all evolve through our experiences and change our opinions from time to time.
under Romney in Massachusetts he didnt call the tax increases taxes but called them fees & mandates which its bad enough you are already getting taxed and then have to pay a fee on top on the taxes you are already paying and that is what he would do on a national level.
notlocal

AOL

#387 Oct 5, 2012
CitizenX wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you are stupid and ignorant all at the same time. Oh and oblivious.
Much to your chagrin, I'm neither.

In the 2007 tape he was putting down anyone who wasn't black, creating division, while lying to the audience about the Stafford Act being used for Katerina, all the time know HE HAD VOTED AGAINST IT.

In 2002, he was creating a division with 'rich people' by saying rich people are nonviolent, therefore one can ask, was Obama promoting violence in that community?

Now the dems are running in circles trying to tap down this cover up he and Hillary participated in that got 4 Americans murdered on 9-11-12.

He's dangerous, and in this administration, unchecked.
notlocal

AOL

#388 Oct 5, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>under Romney in Massachusetts he didnt call the tax increases taxes but called them fees & mandates which its bad enough you are already getting taxed and then have to pay a fee on top on the taxes you are already paying and that is what he would do on a national level.
The question is: Are the people of Massachusetts better off with it and satisfied with it?

And is paying the fees and mandates better than dropping the quality of healthcare and/or paying preminums?

I'd be better off with the fees & mandates as I make two 'well visits' to the doctor a year and have maybe, two bloodworks done.

Indy, I'm too busy to argue back and forth today.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#389 Oct 5, 2012
notlocal wrote:
<quoted text>
The question is: Are the people of Massachusetts better off with it and satisfied with it?
And is paying the fees and mandates better than dropping the quality of healthcare and/or paying preminums?
I'd be better off with the fees & mandates as I make two 'well visits' to the doctor a year and have maybe, two bloodworks done.
Indy, I'm too busy to argue back and forth today.
no people arent and once an awhile I will talk with somebody here on Topix from Massachusetts and they will tell you which I know their right Romney did Massachusetts no favors which is why he was not relected for a 2nd term, 30 days in Massachusetts for me was to long enough and when they say Massachusetts is the Most Liberal State in the US they are not lying and when Romney said in his speech that Massachusetts has the Best Schools in the Country, first thing that Came to me was the Indoctrination of Massachusetts Ultra Liberalism which is the worst.

A Massachusetts liberal is a typically ultra-liberal in or from Massachusetts, in many ways the most liberal state in the United States. It is the only state where it is a crime, with a mandatory prison sentence of at least one year, to transport a lawfully owned gun for a lawful purpose in an automobile without a special permit. Out-of-state drivers traveling to hunting or gun competitions in the Northeast have to choose between going hours out of their way to avoid Massachusetts, or spending hours attempting to obtain a permit.

Massachusetts is also the only state that has same-sex marriage. Massachusetts is home of Northampton, the "lesbian capital of the world". Massachusetts, particularly the Boston area, is also the home of many ultra-liberal professors who adhere to professor values. Massachusetts has the lowest divorce rate in the country at 2.4 divorces per 1,000 people per annum, according to the Barna Research Group, however this is due to the fact that Massachusetts has the lowest marriage rate, with many couples simply choosing to cohabit.

Two of the most liberal senators in the entire U.S. Senate, was Teddy Kennedy and John Kerry, represent Massachusetts.

Though small in number, Massachusetts liberals have produced 2 out of the last 6 non-incumbent Democratic presidential nominees, and almost produced a two more when Ted Kennedy nearly unseated President Jimmy Carter in the Democratic primary in 1980 and Paul Tsongas nearly defeated Bill Clinton in 1992.

In 1988, Massachusetts liberals produced Michael Dukakis as the Democratic presidential nominee against a relatively weak candidate George H.W. Bush, who then made an issue of Dukakis's liberal views and beat him easily in the general election.

In 2004, John Kerry lost in the national popular vote by over three million votes in the 2004 presidential election against George W. Bush, yet Kerry won Massachusetts by a margin of about 62-38%.

Massachusetts was the only state in which a majority voted for George McGovern instead of Richard Nixon in the United States presidential election of 1972; even McGovern's home state of South Dakota rejected him, yet Massachusetts liberals thought he was just fine.

Massachusetts is "the only state estimated to have lost population between 2003 and 2004," and its decline has continued to the point of causing a collapse in its housing market and earning it the nickname "Crashachusetts".

Massachusetts liberal

http://conservapedia.com/Massachusetts_libera...
notlocal

AOL

#390 Oct 5, 2012
notlocal wrote:
<quoted text>
Much to your chagrin, I'm neither.
In the 2007 tape he was putting down anyone who wasn't black, creating division, while lying to the audience about the Stafford Act being used for Katerina, all the time know HE HAD VOTED AGAINST IT.
In 2002, he was creating a division with 'rich people' by saying rich people are nonviolent, therefore one can ask, was Obama promoting violence in that community?
Now the dems are running in circles trying to tap down this cover up he and Hillary participated in that got 4 Americans murdered on 9-11-12.
He's dangerous, and in this administration, unchecked.
Here you go, Barbara Bellar, check out her creditials

www.youtube.com/Watch...
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#391 Oct 5, 2012
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on XX. I'm pretty sure you know I don't need orders. Who said abandon the War On Women? To whom?
There is no way around the dismissal of women by the Republican Party. It is obvious that Republicans have nothing but disdain and disrespect for women. That is not even debatable. Not an issue that can be argued with their record.
PBS is a very small fraction of spending. Funding is not directly to PBS.
Did you see the letter an 8 yr. old Alabama girl wrote to Romney RE Big Bird. It was cute. She told him to 'cut something else off, because she wanted to get married and have kids and wanted them to learn from Big Bird and Friends.' Her Mother sent it to Huff Po Thurs morning.
Wow, now that's a new one: the liberals using cute children to protect or promote their policies and laws. Why didn't they ever think of that before???? LOL
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#392 Oct 5, 2012
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Where does Rmoney think he can grab a new opinion on everything he has ever said and not be called on it. He knows video and audio exists. He loves teachers and thinks we should have more when we have direct evidence that he says we don't need more teachers, police and firefighters.
I get that a lot of voters who saw the debate don't live, breathe, and eat politics like some of us here on the boards do, but they cannot escape the glaring falsity of Romney and Ryan with all the ads where they are saying different things. Too much evidence. Someone once said of Romney, "Romney is not Pro Choice, He's Multiple Choice," and it is true. Many multiples. Brazen enough to pull it off though. Have to give him that.
If YourBama was a solid guy, you might be on to something. But between the things he said he was going to to, the things he did, and the lies he told, I don't think it's a good strategy for people in glass houses to throw rocks on the Democrat side. Way too many comparisons between your guy and mine.

Also, can you tell me of one presidential Democrat campaign where teachers and police were not mentioned? It's standard practice for Democrats. The problem with their argument is that teachers and police are local issues--not federal issues. Communities decide how large or small their police force is going to be; how many teachers or how many schools they will need.

Another question: by Democrat standards, how many teachers are enough in the US? How many police officers are enough? Is there such thing on the Democrat side as enough? Of course there isn't, and do you know why? Because they are all union people. When it comes to Democrats, you just can't have large enough unions.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#393 Oct 5, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>under Romney in Massachusetts he didnt call the tax increases taxes but called them fees & mandates which its bad enough you are already getting taxed and then have to pay a fee on top on the taxes you are already paying and that is what he would do on a national level.
Surprise! It's already being done on the national level. Except the courts made them change the language from fines to taxes. No difference. I'm not certain, but from what I understand, Romney can't repeal commie care by himself, so I don't know if he would be able to get rid of the entire thing on his own.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#394 Oct 5, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Surprise! It's already being done on the national level. Except the courts made them change the language from fines to taxes. No difference. I'm not certain, but from what I understand, Romney can't repeal commie care by himself, so I don't know if he would be able to get rid of the entire thing on his own.
not Massachusetts Ultra Liberalism I can vouch for that. Commie Care that you keep going calling was modeled after Romneycare which was modeled by the Conservatives own plan in 1989 on p8 Individual Mandate.

Assuring Affordable Health Care for All Americans

http://thf_media.s3.amazonaws. com/1989/pdf/hl218.pdf
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#395 Oct 5, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>not Massachusetts Ultra Liberalism I can vouch for that. Commie Care that you keep going calling was modeled after Romneycare which was modeled by the Conservatives own plan in 1989 on p8 Individual Mandate.
Assuring Affordable Health Care for All Americans
http://thf_media.s3.amazonaws. com/1989/pdf/hl218.pdf
Then why didn't the Republicans create it during the Bush years when they had an all Republican government? I'm sure several Democrats would have jumped on board.

Thought, suggestions and actions are three different things.

“All power to the people.”

Since: Mar 07

San Diego, CA

#396 Oct 5, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why didn't the Republicans create it during the Bush years when they had an all Republican government? I'm sure several Democrats would have jumped on board.
Thought, suggestions and actions are three different things.
LOL.... Oh the insanity of the RWNJs.
You don's see the total disconnect with the way Republicans actually operate?
LOL...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#397 Oct 5, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why didn't the Republicans create it during the Bush years when they had an all Republican government? I'm sure several Democrats would have jumped on board.
Thought, suggestions and actions are three different things.
so called conservatism changed.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#398 Oct 5, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>so called conservatism changed.
Perhaps, but no less than liberalism.

Not all Republicans are conservative. For instance, there were plenty of Republicans who served under Bush who were really not conservative. Heck, I never considered GW a real conservative either.

“All power to the people.”

Since: Mar 07

San Diego, CA

#400 Oct 5, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps, but no less than liberalism.
Not all Republicans are conservative. For instance, there were plenty of Republicans who served under Bush who were really not conservative. Heck, I never considered GW a real conservative either.
They abandon their own when embarrassed by them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min Subduction Zone 159,121
News Bill Clinton Predicts GOP 'Boogie Dance' Over S... 8 min vib_ram 1
News Ben Carson plans May 4 Detroit announcement 9 min TrueLogic 102
News Russia providing arms to Ukrainian separatists:... 13 min Cassandra_ 874
News Is President Obama the Worst President in History? (Jun '10) 18 min vib_ram 4,608
News Obama sends the wrong message about stay-at-hom... 21 min vib_ram 5
News Vladimir Putin steals the show in TIME 100 read... 21 min Cassandra_ 35
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 43 min John Galt 1,216,369
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Quirky 323,136
News Hillary Clinton has a new position on same-sex ... 1 hr Larry Craig s WC ... 97
More from around the web