Obama says shooting death of Fla. tee...

Obama says shooting death of Fla. teen a 'tragedy'

There are 162 comments on the SFGate story from Mar 23, 2012, titled Obama says shooting death of Fla. teen a 'tragedy'. In it, SFGate reports that:

"If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon," Obama said, vowing to "get to the bottom of what happened." Obama expressed sympathy for the parents of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, who was shot on Feb.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SFGate.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
bailout my duck

Downers Grove, IL

#1 Mar 23, 2012
kid was out making bad karma bad karma found him the end
ginny

Medina, OH

#2 Mar 23, 2012
We have a justice system for this and since Obama should be busy running a country, he should stick to that. UNLESS he wants to look into Every
crime whether it involves a black person or white. I hope justice is served, but I also wish our President being of mixed race would respect his heritage in regards to those of us who are biracial.
CHECK SIX

North Port, FL

#3 Mar 23, 2012
And it was Sad,..This kid in his "HOODY" may fit the profile of a THUG!....Sad!..When are kids going to stop emulating their HERO THUGS....Sorry for the family!

Strange ,this Shooter is not all White,no ,he is part Latino!...He looks like HECTOR GONZALIZE,and not a Zimmerman....But no mention that he too is a Brownoreo.TEQUILA!!

They LOONS do not want to offend the Latino Vote....Any Who best to direct RACISM only to Whites!...BULL SHIT!..AL SHARPTON,FARRAKANDAH..got their JUNK in an UPROAR!....And they are promising REVENGE..That is RIOTS BURN BABY BURN.....And NUMBNUTS is flaming this....DA RACR CARD !

“Make America Great Again”

Since: Jun 07

Bring Obama Back!

#4 Mar 23, 2012
Every patriotic American, especially those with boys that are the same age as Travon Martin appreciates President Obama’s personal words about this tragedy. I find it very uplifting to see so many Americans of every race and ethnicity coming out to express their outrage over the murder of this 17 year old boy.

The reaction by the majority of America to this tragedy – especially after electing the first African American President-(and in spite of this particular case) gives me so much hope for this nation’s future in regards to race and unity.
frank

Chandler, TX

#5 Mar 23, 2012
And so is obama.

tragedy
frank

Chandler, TX

#6 Mar 23, 2012
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Every patriotic American, especially those with boys that are the same age as Travon Martin appreciates President Obama’s personal words about this tragedy. I find it very uplifting to see so many Americans of every race and ethnicity coming out to express their outrage over the murder of this 17 year old boy.
The reaction by the majority of America to this tragedy – especially after electing the first African American President-(and in spite of this particular case) gives me so much hope for this nation’s future in regards to race and unity.
You wont unity? Cut the African out of American.
i is trayvon martins

Mastic Beach, NY

#7 Mar 23, 2012
Yo muh motha fu-kin brudda oboma iz involved, well cracker iz going down. oboma knows who put him in da whitey crib an' what we's wants in return. da black power movement took ova america without even havin` ta fire uh smok'd and shit
CHECK SIX

North Port, FL

#8 Mar 23, 2012
Trayvon Martin case:'Blacks are under attack,' says Jesse Jackson

Jesse Jackson

Jesse Jackson (Associated Press / Frank Jordans / March 23, 2012)
By Rene Lynch

March 23, 2012, 12:33 p.m.

Civil rights leader Jesse Jackson said Friday that he's grateful the rest of the country has sat up and taken notice of the tragic slaying of Trayvon Martin. But he can't help but wonder: Why has it taken so long for everyone else to recognize the chronic injustices that African Americans face?

WILL SOME ONE TELL THIS RACIST ASS HOLE OBAMA IS BLACK????ELECTED BY WHITES???What A MUCKRAKING ,RABEL ROUSING,INCENDIARY...RACIST BASTARD LOON!!
TSA Director

Chesapeake, VA

#11 Mar 23, 2012
If obama had a son he would be gay.
TSA Director

Chesapeake, VA

#12 Mar 23, 2012
This is at least the second time obama has become involved in affairs of crimes against negro's. Has he nothing better to do then to send his ho wife on vacation and bet on basketball. I thought he had a country to run into the ground, or muslims to praise and americans to harass. To hell with the economy, I cant wait to hear about his super bowl forecast.
TSA Director

Chesapeake, VA

#13 Mar 23, 2012
CHECK SIX wrote:
Trayvon Martin case:'Blacks are under attack,' says Jesse Jackson
Jesse Jackson
Jesse Jackson (Associated Press / Frank Jordans / March 23, 2012)
By Rene Lynch
March 23, 2012, 12:33 p.m.
Civil rights leader Jesse Jackson said Friday that he's grateful the rest of the country has sat up and taken notice of the tragic slaying of Trayvon Martin. But he can't help but wonder: Why has it taken so long for everyone else to recognize the chronic injustices that African Americans face?
WILL SOME ONE TELL THIS RACIST ASS HOLE OBAMA IS BLACK????ELECTED BY WHITES???What A MUCKRAKING ,RABEL ROUSING,INCENDIARY...RACIST BASTARD LOON!!
I say we put a hoodie on jessie jackson and send him into that neighborhood. That would be cool.
Pat Robertson s Fatwass

Wilmington, DE

#14 Mar 23, 2012
bailout my duck wrote:
kid was out making bad karma bad karma found him the end
There's absolutely zero evidence the kid was doing anything wrong or did anything wrong.

There's all sorts of proof that the shooter has had criminal justice problems, problems with neighbors, problems with the actual town watch group which distanced itself from him, problems following the 911 dispatchers instructions not to follow.

And out of all this - you blame the kid who got shot.

Racism. Don't deny it, Cletus.
Mitts Gold Plated Tablets

Wilmington, DE

#15 Mar 23, 2012
TSA Director wrote:
This is at least the second time obama has become involved in affairs of crimes against negro's.
Attention Tea Bagging bigots: You are supposed to CODE your racism at least a little bit. Did you not get the memo?
Mitts Gold Plated Tablets

Wilmington, DE

#16 Mar 23, 2012
CHECK SIX wrote:
And it was Sad,..This kid in his "HOODY" may fit the profile of a THUG!....Sad!..When are kids going to stop emulating their HERO THUGS....Sorry for the family!
Strange ,this Shooter is not all White,no ,he is part Latino!...He looks like HECTOR GONZALIZE,and not a Zimmerman....But no mention that he too is a Brownoreo.TEQUILA!!
They LOONS do not want to offend the Latino Vote....Any Who best to direct RACISM only to Whites!...BULL SHIT!..AL SHARPTON,FARRAKANDAH..got their JUNK in an UPROAR!....And they are promising REVENGE..That is RIOTS BURN BABY BURN.....And NUMBNUTS is flaming this....DA RACR CARD !
SoMEbODy BEAt YOU wiTh ThE cRAzY stICK BaD.
TSA Director

Chesapeake, VA

#17 Mar 23, 2012
Memo's from negro's. Nope. Missed that one.
Tom

United States

#18 Mar 23, 2012
i is trayvon martins wrote:
Yo muh motha fu-kin brudda oboma iz involved, well cracker iz going down. oboma knows who put him in da whitey crib an' what we's wants in return. da black power movement took ova america without even havin` ta fire uh smok'd and shit
What is this Ape talking about, I have heard smarter things out of dolphins.
radiofreeamerica

Tampa, FL

#19 Mar 23, 2012
obama has stupidly and disgustingly decided to politicize this issue even though his own Press Secretary declared the other day that obama is not getting involved due to this being a local issue.This will backfire on him as almost everything does with him.The truth-if anybody is interested- will not be known until al sharpton and the radio talk shows and the talking heads on TV and obama and other politicians shut up.
Jeff

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Mar 23, 2012
Every death is tragic but Obama shouldn't have interfered in this, he shoes his racist side

Good articles on www.ariespost.com

“Obama: Leading us to failure”

Since: Jul 09

The United States of America

#21 Mar 23, 2012
If the kid was white and zimmerman black this would never make the news.

“Make America Great Again”

Since: Jun 07

Bring Obama Back!

#22 Mar 24, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
You wont unity? Cut the African out of American.
Unity, from the likes of you, and idiots of your ilk… don’t want it wouldn’t accept it.

I’m talking about patriotic Americans that actually love this country; not right-wing tea-baggers who hope for our President and nation to fail. Only and idiot like you would propose that someone has to lose their identity in order for them to obtain your embrace… Please, you’re a joke, and a pathetic one at that. The reaction to the Travon Martin tragedy by the majority of Americans is the proof that America has a different mindset than the one that right-wing racists like you still cling onto.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 min June VanDerMark 321,961
News Many Christian conservatives are backing Alabam... 3 min Disclaimer 1,148
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min USAsince1680 1,656,253
News Obama: Protect democracy or risk taking path of... 6 min Retribution 151
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 10 min Aura Mytha 45,816
News Roy Moore's sexual assault allegations cloud Al... 11 min Classic rocker 321
News Ten Commandments judge faces runoff in Alabama ... 11 min Jones 302
More from around the web