The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 409090 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#230155 Jan 7, 2014
Carlos Danger wrote:
<quoted text>Sleep it off Blumpkin Breath. Are your udders still freezing? I'll be thinking about you on the golf course today.
Sorry. I don't like golf, so don't imagine me golfing. I won't be on the golf course today - or anytime soon. Oh! Did you intend to say that YOU would be golfing?

I didn't know Temecula even had a golf course. Who will you be caddying for today? Anybody we know? Bwaaahahahahaa. Who cares?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#230156 Jan 7, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
How the tea party undermines conservatism
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/michae...
By Michael Gerson, Published: January 6
One of the main problems with an unremittingly hostile view of government — held by many associated with the tea party, libertarianism and “constitutionalism”— is that it obscures and undermines the social contributions of a truly conservative vision of government.
Politics requires a guiding principle of public action. For popular liberalism, it is often the rule of good intentions: If it sounds good, do it. Social problems can be solved by compassionate, efficient regulation and bureaucratic management — which is seldom efficient and invites unintended consequences in complex, unmanageable systems (say, the one-sixth of the U.S. economy devoted to health care). The signal light for government intervention is stuck on green.
For libertarians and their ideological relatives, the guiding principle is the maximization of individual liberty. It is a theory of government consisting mainly of limits and boundaries. The light is almost always red.
Conservatism (as Peter Wehner and I explain in our recent National Affairs essay,“A Conservative Vision of Government”) offers a different principle of public action — though one a bit more difficult to explain than “go” or “stop.” In the traditional conservative view, individual liberty is ennobled and ordered within social institutions — families, religious communities, neighborhoods, voluntary associations, local governments and nations. The success of individuals is tied to the health of these institutions, which prepare people for the responsible exercise of freedom and the duties of citizenship.(cont.)
When local governments FAIL, all that is left to ensure the health required for individual efforts to SUCCEED is what? I contend it is National standards and requirements (Constitutional guarantees) that we turn to to right the wrongs. JMO
That is true that the TEA Party does undermine Conservatism because they have all proven to be a bunch of Radical Liberals from the Old Left that are not willing to give up Liberalism either especially Social Security and other Liberal Social Programs provided by the Federal Government besides the Liberals on the SCOTUS confirmed there is no rights especially to Social Security since it is a spending program funded by taxes.

Social Security’s Sham Guarantee

By Michael D. Tanner

May 29, 2005

How many times during the recent debate over Social Security reform have you heard someone refer to Social Security’s “guaranteed benefit”? The AARP says “Social Security is the guaranteed part of your retirement plan.” Nancy Pelosi, the Democratic leader in the House, touts the system’s “guaranteed retirement benefit.” The liberal activist group ProtectYourCheck.org , headed by former Clinton chief of staff Harold Ickes, is running ads calling Social Security “a guarantee you earned.”

But Social Security benefits are not guaranteed.

They are not guaranteed legally because workers have no contractual or property rights to any benefits whatsoever. In two landmark cases, Flemming v. Nestor and Helvering v. Davis, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that Social Security taxes are not contributions or savings, but simply taxes, and that Social Security benefits are simply a government spending program, no different than, say, farm price supports. Congress and the president may change, reduce, or even eliminate benefits at any time.

http://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/s...
Carlos Danger

Los Angeles, CA

#230157 Jan 7, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry. I don't like golf, so don't imagine me golfing. I won't be on the golf course today - or anytime soon. Oh! Did you intend to say that YOU would be golfing?
I didn't know Temecula even had a golf course. Who will you be caddying for today? Anybody we know? Bwaaahahahahaa. Who cares?
Spewing more of your gibberish.I actually live in a horrible place with a mixed grove of reed and hass avocado trees along with a few dozen Meyer lemon trees. I will be at the cross creek golf course today which is a few miles west of my pad.Com e on by and visit, you can clean my balls in between holes. But you will need to take off that mask so you don't scare up the wildlife

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#230158 Jan 7, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>That is true that the TEA Party does undermine Conservatism because they have all proven to be a bunch of Radical Liberals from the Old Left that are not willing to give up Liberalism either especially Social Security and other Liberal Social Programs provided by the Federal Government besides the Liberals on the SCOTUS confirmed there is no rights especially to Social Security since it is a spending program funded by taxes.
Social Security’s Sham Guarantee
By Michael D. Tanner
May 29, 2005
How many times during the recent debate over Social Security reform have you heard someone refer to Social Security’s “guaranteed benefit”? The AARP says “Social Security is the guaranteed part of your retirement plan.” Nancy Pelosi, the Democratic leader in the House, touts the system’s “guaranteed retirement benefit.” The liberal activist group ProtectYourCheck.org , headed by former Clinton chief of staff Harold Ickes, is running ads calling Social Security “a guarantee you earned.”
But Social Security benefits are not guaranteed.
They are not guaranteed legally because workers have no contractual or property rights to any benefits whatsoever. In two landmark cases, Flemming v. Nestor and Helvering v. Davis, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that Social Security taxes are not contributions or savings, but simply taxes, and that Social Security benefits are simply a government spending program, no different than, say, farm price supports. Congress and the president may change, reduce, or even eliminate benefits at any time.
http://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/s...
Are you retired? Near retirement? Oblivious about the future? I don't get it. I posted an excellent article just yesterday that describes what the serious concerns are, but you either didn't read or consider it, or else you're still in denial or have a trust fund. Hard to say.

The clear concern is that while private pensions are going the way of the dodo bird for many American workers, state and local government pensions are being cut and Social Security is under attack, while secure investments for interest income have almost NO return, some of you want to eliminate a program that is self-funded. That would be in favor of what, exactly? Should workers who cannot afford to invest in the first place be expected to gamble with old age security by some unfathomable stock market investment they have no disposable income to acquire in the first place?

Kindly explain to me how the millions of Americans who can ONLY find minimum wage or low wage jobs support themselves in retirement if they're struggling to do that now? Keep in mind that we absolutely don't have enough jobs that require college degrees that if everybody who was capable went to college and obtained a degree, we would do anything at all other than lower the value of a degree and the salaries of those jobs as well. Soon, the glut of work force would tank the next rung (middle class) of income earners.

The policy you seem to be advocating guarantees more misery in America, and I just don't get it. Straighten me out as to how you see these policies you embrace as helping America keep her promise to her citizens.

Your perspective perplexes me. What do you want to do about the increasing numbers of Americans who will likely ONLY have Social Security pensions in old age? I'm already set, but I'm very concerned for my children and theirs.
Taletha

Mesa, AZ

#230159 Jan 7, 2014
Carlos Danger wrote:
<quoted text>Spewing more of your gibberish.I actually live in a horrible place with a mixed grove of reed and hass avocado trees along with a few dozen Meyer lemon trees. I will be at the cross creek golf course today which is a few miles west of my pad.Com e on by and visit, you can clean my balls in between holes. But you will need to take off that mask so you don't scare up the wildlife
Carlos

What if that isnt a mask?

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#230160 Jan 7, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>You're one stupid dude. You have no real concept of anybody's net worth or how much they have paid in taxes. Retirees usually have less tax obligation than when they were income earners. Why are YOU here so often if you're a gainfully employed taxpaying American?
No progress? It still needs to be done:
Congressional Reform Act of 2012
As a citizen of the United States, I find the actions of career lawmakers reprehensible. I believe in the vision of our founding fathers in creating citizen legislatures. I am asking you to hold our leaders past, present, and future to the same rules and limits that every citizen must follow. While I understand that this causes a hardship on you and your envisioned career, I am only asking you to be the leaders we elected you to be and make hard decisions that benefit our country and the people you represent.
Congressional Reform Act of 2012:
1. Term Limits.
12 years only, one of the possible options below:
A. Two Six-year Senate terms
B. Six Two-year House terms
C. One Six-year Senate term and three Two-Year House terms
2. No Tenure / No Pension.
A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.
3. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.
All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people.
4. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
5. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
6. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
7. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
8. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective the day this is signed into law.
The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen. Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves.
Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.
http://www.petition2congress.com/5953/congres...
"ntr"
Darn!!! Must say I agree with the provisions of the above.
Peace
KMA
Happy New Year
Taletha

Mesa, AZ

#230161 Jan 7, 2014
Carlos Danger wrote:
<quoted text>You and all of your Lib sponge friends must be tickled about this. How many vodka and prune juices have you thrown down this morning in celebratory fashion? Dumb twaat
As long as Nutter gets something for nothing "for her children" she probably celebrated with Remy Martin.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#230162 Jan 7, 2014
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Just when you've convinced everyone you are a hopeless mental deficient, you advocate something that makes total sense.
You've floored me, Squattknuckle......
"Fenris"
I must admit I was floored when "ntr" posted something that makes sense. Miracles never cease.
Peace
Happy New Year
Taletha

Mesa, AZ

#230164 Jan 7, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>You are the proven bieggest dimwitted fool on these threads and this post that I am Replying to confirms it which you prove you are one the many dependent on others than depending on yourself.
Its "for her children."

They are all reportedly disfunctional as the mother and rely on public assistance programs as does the mother

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#230165 Jan 7, 2014
Carlos Danger wrote:
<quoted text>Spewing more of your gibberish.I actually live in a horrible place with a mixed grove of reed and hass avocado trees along with a few dozen Meyer lemon trees. I will be at the cross creek golf course today which is a few miles west of my pad.Com e on by and visit, you can clean my balls in between holes. But you will need to take off that mask so you don't scare up the wildlife
You have a very active imagination. That's probably a good thing because the closest you've ever been to a woman like me is when you worked as a shoe salesman and slipped a pair of relatively expensive leather pumps on my well manicured and sweet smelling feet. You made me shudder then, and you make me nauseous now. Your greatest accomplishment was to booze up a drunkard, impregnate her, and spawn a child she wanted nothing to do with from the moment of birth.

Trees? There's a few of those outside my windows as well. LOLOL. Your "pad" must lack much that you would be here attacking me with your vulgarities, lies and insults instead of wooing a real live woman (or man ). You must need a shower. Hurry it up, Stan. You don't want to be late. You need the income.
Taletha

Mesa, AZ

#230166 Jan 7, 2014
ftp wrote:
<quoted text>Man, she got all of you losers riled up. She made that post yesterday and you're still talking about. She sure struck a nerve or two. I guess you don't like what you see in the mirror and you don't like to be called out with the truth about yourself.
Well, I will be gone shortly. Off to another long hiatus off of Topix..
You'll still be here though wallowing in misery looking for company.
your presence will be missed. I have found your posts to be greatly informative.

Where else but Rose be but Topix. I dont think she ever really leaves.....

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#230167 Jan 7, 2014
Carlos Danger wrote:
<quoted text>Sleep it off Blumpkin Breath. Are your udders still freezing? I'll be thinking about you on the golf course today.
This is why I can't stand you, Stan. You're actually terribly perverted and come from unadulterated trash while you pretend to be so "moral".

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#230168 Jan 7, 2014
Taletha wrote:
<quoted text>
your presence will be missed. I have found your posts to be greatly informative.
Where else but Rose be but Topix. I dont think she ever really leaves.....
You're still hung over, huh?

Don't get online until you've had coffee.
Taletha

Mesa, AZ

#230169 Jan 7, 2014
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
No you're not.
Your superiority complex masks a deep seeded insecurity and lack of self-confidence. Anyone who needs to proclaim his/her superiority to another is admitting to their real feelings of inferiority.
In other words, you're full of chit.
Hahahhahaha!
How do you sleep, Rose?
Taletha

Mesa, AZ

#230170 Jan 7, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>You have a very active imagination. That's probably a good thing because the closest you've ever been to a woman like me is when you worked as a shoe salesman and slipped a pair of relatively expensive leather pumps on my well manicured and sweet smelling feet. You made me shudder then, and you make me nauseous now. Your greatest accomplishment was to booze up a drunkard, impregnate her, and spawn a child she wanted nothing to do with from the moment of birth.
Trees? There's a few of those outside my windows as well. LOLOL. Your "pad" must lack much that you would be here attacking me with your vulgarities, lies and insults instead of wooing a real live woman (or man ). You must need a shower. Hurry it up, Stan. You don't want to be late. You need the income.
Fantasizing lives for other people again....

Is that part of your psychosis?

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#230171 Jan 7, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet you don't seem to know anything about any subject, so what could it be that you think you've learned?
since you area a proven pathological bullshitter, i would have to think this, too, is bullshit.
you could list the things you think you have learned right here and right now nothing is stopping you. you could have, in facts, done so in your last post but you seemed unable to...why was that?
and now you will, once again, run away from your own words....
hahahaaha you accuse others of running, when in fact it is you that should join the Olympics speedy.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#230172 Jan 7, 2014
Taletha wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you sleep, Rose?
On her back, she's can multitask.
Taletha

Mesa, AZ

#230173 Jan 7, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>You're still hung over, huh?
Don't get online until you've had coffee.
Dont get online without 5 lbs of clown makeup!

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Taletha

Mesa, AZ

#230174 Jan 7, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>This is why I can't stand you, Stan. You're actually terribly perverted and come from unadulterated trash while you pretend to be so "moral".
Moral?

Funny word coming from YOU

The biggest fruadster and scam artist in Kentucky
Carlos Danger

Los Angeles, CA

#230175 Jan 7, 2014
Taletha wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont get online without 5 lbs of clown makeup!
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
She/It buys that stuff at Home Depot in the paint dept, scary ol skank it is

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News House prohibits $15-an-hour minimum wage 1 min southern at heart 566
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Badjudgment 1,479,718
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min District 1 234,016
News Gay man legally donates blood after a year with... 6 min Lawrence Wolf 18
News Bruce Springsteen cover band changes tune, won'... 7 min Dodged that bullet 3
News King's legacy celebrated as Trump, Lewis duel l... 7 min USS LIBERTY 201
News Sen. Dianne Feinstein says Russian involvement ... 8 min tomin cali 35
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 28 min President Donald ... 17,788
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 1 hr President Donald ... 4,371
News Hillary Clinton won US popular vote by nearly 2... 1 hr Battle Tested 1,095
More from around the web