The President has failed us

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Full Story

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#214797 Nov 28, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
as with everything, it is more complex than you make it out to be.
Africans kidnapped other Africans and sold them into slavery.
However, if there had been no market for slaves.....
Those markets were established by whites...
same with the slave market today...it is established by our desire for cheap goods and services
we have many illegal immigrants here in the states who provide cheap labor for farms and the garment industry.....
In states that started to crack down on illegal immigrants, the crops went bad in the fields. many Americans who were hired to replace the illegal immigrants didn't last a day
just look at how many American companies relocated to countries where they paid people 1 or 2 dollars a day for 18 hour days....
tell me did the price of those goods go down or did the company's profits skyrocket?
Yes more complex, oh simpleton. Slavery existed for eons, all over the world, among all races of people. It didn't take white Europeans moving to the new world to have slaves, if you really want to blame someone, blame the arabs.
lid sled

United States

#214799 Nov 28, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumbass, you better stay home. I have traveled and what you say isn't true. Who they do hate is idiotic commies like you and Ostupida who are trying to turn us into a failed welfare state.
Why did you leave Mexico, Gordo?
Rico is right. However, what he doesn't mention is the reason: JEALOUSY. The rest of the world is green with envy due to our freedom and prosperity.

What they fail to comprehend is that it is entirely a product of the mind. Anyone can acquire it and adapt it to any just about any culture. You might lose some things previously valued (like oppressing women, racism, hating gays, etc), but it can be done. Just look at Singapore, Japan or South Korea. They're certainly not white, Anglo-saxon, European or even Christian.(Yes, they're not perfect either. Nobody is.)

Liberalism won't get you there. Yes, the culture has benefited from their efforts, particularly in the area of race. But they fail to understand the interconnection between economic freedom and prosperity. Like Obama, they think goods & services just appear as if by magic, the only real problem being how to "distribute" them fairly. Without property rights and limited government, we're all just slaves or thieves fighting over booty.
racer42

Alameda, CA

#214800 Nov 28, 2013
RAMOS ARIZPE, Mexico (AP)- In Mexico's booming auto industry, the cars rolling off assembly lines may look identical, but how safe they are depends on where they're headed.

Vehicles destined to stay in Mexico or go south to the rest of Latin America carry a code signifying there's no need for antilock braking systems, electronic stability control, or more than two air bags, if any, in its basic models.

If the cars will be exported to the United States or Europe, however, they must meet stringent safety laws, including as many as six to 10 air bags, and stability controls that compensate for slippery roads and other road dangers, say engineers who have worked in Mexico-based auto factories.

Because the price of the two versions of the cars is about the same, the dual system buttresses the bottom lines of automakers such as General Motors and Nissan. But it's being blamed for a surge in auto-related fatalities in Mexico, where laws require virtually no safety protections.

"We are paying for cars that are far more expensive and far less safe," said Alejandro Furas, technical director for Global New Car Assessment Program, or NCAP, a vehicle crash-test group. "Something is very wrong."

In 2011, nearly 5,000 drivers and passengers in Mexico died in accidents, a 58 percent increase since 2001, according to the latest available data from the country's transportation department. Over the same decade, the U.S. reduced the number of auto-related fatalities by 40 percent. The death rate in Mexico, when comparing fatalities with the size of the car fleet, is more than 3.5 times that of the U.S.

Nevertheless, Mexico hasn't introduced any safety proposals other than general seat belt requirements for its 22-million strong auto fleet. Even then, the laws don't mandate three-point shoulder belts necessary to secure child safety seats.

Brazil and Argentina, on the other hand, have passed laws requiring all vehicles to have dual front air bags and antilock braking systems by next year.
Lincoln

Babylon, NY

#214801 Nov 28, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait till he gets out of office. Not only will he be getting a $200,000 pension, free healthcare, his own personal bodyguards aka Secret Service, but he will be making tons of money giving speeches.
Maybe he'll really write a book instead of having his BFF Bill Ayers do it for him, title: The Audacity of Being the Worst President EVER. Meanwhile, the rest of us will be stuck undoing the delayed (until after the Dems elections) ill effects of ObammyCare. We'll soon be onto hearing the OMG, that crazy Sarah Palin was right about the death squads. As civilian political appointees decide who gets what, like in the UK:

'Obamacarians tell us that their hoped-for health care rationing will be based on scientific principles and efficacy studies. But rationing is about naked power, and that means politics and serving the predilections of those with the authority to decide.

That’s why this story is important. NICE, the UK’s rationing board, limits life-extending cancer drugs and other efficacious therapies, but allows the NHS to pay millions annually for non medical alternative therapies. F

rom the Daily Mail story:

"The NHS is spending millions of pounds a year on unproven ‘crank’ therapies while denying drugs to cancer and dementia sufferers.

The rationing body NICE has approved a raft of alternative treatments including hypnotherapy for irritable bowel syndrome – despite turning down proven medicines available in Europe.

Women can get free electrical stimulation therapy if they suffer from urinary incontinence and mothers-to-be with morning sickness can be prescribed ginger on the NHS. Other alternative treatments available include magnetic field therapy and tai chi for multiple sclerosis, and aromatherapy for dementia.

USA beware. THE RATIONING VIRUS IS COMING HERE.

SOON, unless the Obamacare tumor is surgically removed from the body politic.

Otherwise, we'll be like Canada where they post medical procedure wait times like the weather, daily.

Or, the UK where age and other social factors determine who gets what treatment.

And, like both places where those with means travel elsewhere rather than suffer with inferior care or much delayed care--as in your dog can get a hip replacement faster than you.

But if you are in an Obammy favored union, or Obammy himself -- you don't need to worry 'cause you excused from Obammycare.

“no one told me”

Denver

#214802 Nov 28, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
as with everything, it is more complex than you make it out to be.
Africans kidnapped other Africans and sold them into slavery.
However, if there had been no market for slaves.....
Those markets were established by whites...
same with the slave market today...it is established by our desire for cheap goods and services
we have many illegal immigrants here in the states who provide cheap labor for farms and the garment industry.....
In states that started to crack down on illegal immigrants, the crops went bad in the fields. many Americans who were hired to replace the illegal immigrants didn't last a day
just look at how many American companies relocated to countries where they paid people 1 or 2 dollars a day for 18 hour days....
tell me did the price of those goods go down or did the company's profits skyrocket?
Simpletons like you and all white christian haters use 21st century sensibilities to judge 17th and 18th century behavior. In short you're ignorant and uneducated.

Plus self loathing, a sure recipe for destruction of your own people..

Never has a more stupid group of people existed than the white american liberal.
Lincoln

Babylon, NY

#214803 Nov 28, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes more complex, oh simpleton. Slavery existed for eons, all over the world, among all races of people. It didn't take white Europeans moving to the new world to have slaves, if you really want to blame someone, blame the arabs.
Slavery STILL exists in third world countries--Arab on black and sex slaves especially.

But lets not talk about that. What is important is the slavery that existed in the US over a hundred years ago.

And Obammy and other Dems are still working on the retribution.
No L

Los Angeles, CA

#214804 Nov 28, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you mean the billionaires who bankroll the 'grass roots' campaigns like the tea party? LOL
The billionaires who have attempted to convince the middle classes that everything wrong with the US economy is the fault of the idle poor and the 'illegals' who do jobs that americans wouldnt be caught dead doing for wages which americans would find insulting?
Just give them a tax cut and their billions will 'trickle down'. LMFAO
You remember when Mitt Romney voted against the auto bailout? He was seriously against it but it was passed anyway and he made $15 million dollars out of it through his holdings in Delphi. Did he spend that money? Did he 'invest in the american worker'? No he did not, he stuck it in a 'blind trust' in the name of his wife.
There is no kind/caring/selfless component of freemarket capitalism!
Giving a billionaire a tax cut does not result in a trickle down to the US middle classes when he buys himself another Italian speedboat.
...but hey, I live in one of the highest indirectly taxed economies in Western Europe, I have healthcare, free at the point of delivery according to need, I have free dental care(regardless of what the 'working class' son of an oil company executive, Bill O'Reilly would have you believe) or private care if I want it. I pay for other people to have healthcare how stupid must I be. I don't know what a 'death panel' is, I had never heard of one until that dingbat from Alaska opened her mouth and the political party who attempts to dismantle our National Health Service will NEVER AGAIN be elected...I would bet every penny I ever earn on that.
I don't know what you may or may not have probably SSDI to cover your life's expenses. You aren't British though nor do you live in England, most likely some slum in LA or NY.
Your knowledge of the UK health system is elementary at best.
Keep on though it gives a few of us something to laugh at.'Google on mate' Bobs your uncle an all that.

“no one told me”

Denver

#214805 Nov 28, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
thankfully god had nothing to do with the foundation of this great country.
if you want to thank anyone, thank the founding fathers whose economic interests led them to break away from England so they could increase their profit margin
God may not have, but christians and the northern European work ethic and capitalism had everything to do with it.
Lincoln

Babylon, NY

#214807 Nov 28, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been informed all south americans look down on and despise Mexicans.
Hispanics have their own hieracy of who is considered better than others. Meanwhile, a friends daughters not that long ago were consistently tormented and beaten up in high school in Newark, because they were more like European Spanish than Rosie Perez--they were tall, well-spoken, elegant and not ghetto in the least bit. My friend was a divorced, single mother who had to work 3 jobs in order to move and get her girls in a better school district so they could physically and emotionally survive. There is rampant racism amongst those who claim to be victims of such.

“no one told me”

Denver

#214808 Nov 28, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
Everlasting Base or is that Bass? Lets ask the pro Bonnie!
Rodney O & Joe cooley-Everlasting Bass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =XllU_hAVTBEXX
Actually, it's "bass" in the real 50 states and "base" in the 7 Ostupida invented.
And "bass" doesn't remotely spell "base".
Rico the 147 IQ Hispanic

Mountain View, CA

#214811 Nov 28, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
Boy with cancer loses coverage after Obamacare launch...Obama: If you like your insurance, you can keep your policy......that lie could mean this boys death......What will Obama do, foreeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
At least he can't be turned down for having a preexisting condition under Obamacare rules.
Lincoln

Babylon, NY

#214812 Nov 28, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
God may not have, but christians and the northern European work ethic and capitalism had everything to do with it.
Exactly. And let's sit back and watch what will soon happen now that NYC Dems have elected a communist worshipping redistributionist who will handcuff the NYPD and is looking to punish the successful with higher taxes in order to fund "free" universal Pre-K. Meanwhile, you could throw a TRILLION dollars at failing NYC schools and none of it will matter until the root cause is addressed: UNWED BABY MAMA'S, NO FATHERS and GENERATIONAL POVERTY. All encouraged and funded by the progressives since Lyndon Johnson--he singlehandedly promoted the demise of the black family. Until that is acknowledged and addressed, nothing will change no matter how many taxes are collected.

Meanwhile, I hope the 144,000 households who ALREADY pay more of the taxes in NYC, LEAVE.

Then, Deblasio (who has zero REAL WORLD experience like Obama), can go after the middle class for the $$ as the crime rate soars.

But, but, but...his kid had an afro and he had a black wife and they honeymooned in Cuba. Wasn't that enough reason to vote for him?

“no one told me”

Denver

#214813 Nov 28, 2013
freebird wrote:
http://www.newshour24.com/US/7 4w0lbi0a/Michelle-Obama-Calls- Summit-Curb-Advertising-Salty- Sweet-Snacks-Kids.htm
Michelle Obama wants food makers and entertainment companies to spend less time advertising sweet and salty foods to kids and more time promoting healthier options.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-...
There will be pie at the White House this Thanksgiving. Tons of it. Nine types, to be precise.
The fitness-conscious First Family appeared likely to splurge a bit on Thursday. On the menu: Huckleberry Pie, Pecan Pie, Chocolate Cream Pie, Sweet Potato Pie, Peach Pie, Apple Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Banana Cream Pie and Coconut Cream Pie. It also included the usual staples: turkey, honey-baked ham and sweet potatoes.
Moochelle Oblama is a moron. With a fat butt to boot.
Rico the 147 IQ Hispanic

Mountain View, CA

#214816 Nov 28, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>Slavery STILL exists in third world countries--Arab on black and sex slaves especially.
But lets not talk about that. What is important is the slavery that existed in the US over a hundred years ago.
And Obammy and other Dems are still working on the retribution.
Freed slaves or their decendants never got their 40 acres and a mule.
Lincoln

Babylon, NY

#214817 Nov 28, 2013
--Move A Long-- wrote:
<quoted text>I read an article a few years ago about a church not to far from here that was bringing in Indonesian elderly people just so they could live here on SSI, food stamps and their subsidies because they had no food home or money I their home country. These folks never di lear English yet somehow became citizens and thus "entitled" to these benefits.
Like the stupid church in Minnesota that brought in Somalian refugees--only to have the leave in the middle of the night to join terrorist forces.

'Leaders of the nation's largest Somali community say some of their young men are still being enticed to join the terror group that has claimed responsibility for the deadly mall attack in Kenya, despite a concentrated effort to shut off what authorities call a "deadly pipeline" of men and money.

Six years have passed since Somali-American fighters began leaving Minnesota to become part of al-Shabab. Now the Somali community is dismayed over reports that a few of its own might have been involved in the violence at the Westgate Mall in Nairobi.

"One thing I know is the fear is growing," said Abdirizak Bihi, whose nephew was among at least six men from Minnesota who have died in Somalia. More are presumed dead.

Since 2007, at least 22 young men have left Minnesota to join al-Shabab, including two who did so last summer. Unconfirmed reports that two more left earlier this month have deepened concerns.

http://kstp.com/article/stories/s3172444.shtm...

Coming soon to a mall near you.

“no one told me”

Denver

#214818 Nov 28, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
"It's amazing how people like Freebird make haste at attacking the illegal alien labor group for "stealing American jobs" but completely gives a green light to companies sending billions a year to other nations to set up factories and ship once good paying American jobs out of the USA."
You want to bring forth the post, that I supposedly made about supporting companies that took their factories to other nations.
I've said that companies should be able to open factories in other countries, but they had to sell the products they made in that country.
Provide some proof, ANY proof that one person on here has given a green light to send BILLONS a year to other nations.

Thank you.
Lincoln

Babylon, NY

#214819 Nov 28, 2013
Rico the 147 IQ Hispanic wrote:
<quoted text>
At least he can't be turned down for having a preexisting condition under Obamacare rules.
Yeah, he'll be in a lon line with the 30 million illegals for one of the few hospitals available and no where where he lives, because the quality hospitals can't afford to/won't participate.

Unless of course, he's in one of those ObamaCare excused unions or his father is a Congressman.

Let's see, we don't get to keep the insurance we like, but we have to keep a President we don't like.

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Ocala, FL

#214821 Nov 28, 2013
--Move A Long-- wrote:
<quoted text>I read an article a few years ago about a church not to far from here that was bringing in Indonesian elderly people just so they could live here on SSI, food stamps and their subsidies because they had no food home or money I their home country. These folks never di lear English yet somehow became citizens and thus "entitled" to these benefits.
Like I stated I have no knowledge of SSI.. I don't think its fair to rob Medicare of 500 billion to fund medicaid and obamacare.. We worked and payed into the system.. It bugs me when someone call's SSI a pittance when said person never payed into the system.. Anyway I guess I got my answer about welfare queen's when they get older they get SSI and never earning their credits..

Eagle

“no one told me”

Denver

#214823 Nov 28, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
"It's amazing how people like Freebird make haste at attacking the illegal alien labor group for "stealing American jobs" but completely gives a green light to companies sending billions a year to other nations to set up factories and ship once good paying American jobs out of the USA."
You want to bring forth the post, that I supposedly made about supporting companies that took their factories to other nations.
I've said that companies should be able to open factories in other countries, but they had to sell the products they made in that country.
I guess it was lard lad Ratso Rico who you were quoting, of course the coward won't respond.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#214824 Nov 28, 2013
Agents of Corruption wrote:
Talking turkey
http://www.indianexpress.com/news/talking-tur...
Not just a bird more American than apple pie.
Thanksgiving is the all-American holiday. Turkey is the all-American bird. It was here long before Columbus or the Pilgrims. Early explorers reported vast flocks of turkeys nesting in the magnolia forest. Turkeys are a lot more American than apple pie. But they're named after a country 4,429 miles away. It's not a coincidence. It's not that the two words just sound alike. Turkeys are named after Turkey. But there is a connection.
Once upon a time, English mealtimes were miserable things. There were no potatoes, no cigars and definitely no turkey. Then people began to import a strange, exotic bird. Its scientific name was Numida meleagris; its normal name now is the helmeted guinea fowl, because it's got this weird bony protuberance on its forehead that looks a bit like a helmet. It came all the way from Madagascar, off the southeast coast of Africa, but the English didn't know that. All the English knew was that it was delicious, and that it was imported to Europe by merchants from Turkey. They were the Turkey merchants, and so, soon enough, the bird just got called the turkey.
But that's not the turkey you'll be serving with cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie. As I said, that's an American bird. When the Spanish arrived in the New World they found a bird whose scientific name is Meleagris gallopavo. But the Spaniards didn't care about science. All they cared about was that this bird was really, really delicious. It tasted just like turkey, only better.
They started exporting the birds to Europe, and soon enough they arrived on English dinner tables at just about the same time that the English were setting up their first colonies in America. The Pilgrims didn't care about any subtle distinctions. They just tasted this great bird and thought, turkey. That's the way the English language goes.
Other languages don't make the same mistake. They make different ones. In France it's called dinde, because they thought it was from India, or, in French, d'Inde. And in Turkey a lot of people thought that, too, so it's called Hindi.
There was a 19th-century American joke about two hunters — an American and a Native American — who go hunting all day but only get an owl and a turkey. So the American turns to his companion and says: "Let's divide up. You get the owl and I get the turkey." The Native American says: "No. Let's do it the other way round." So the American says, "OK, I'll get the turkey and you get the owl." And the Native American replies, "You don't talk turkey at all." That's where the phrase let's talk turkey comes from. Let's do real business.
THE GIST:
- Native Americans first domesticated turkeys around 800 B.C.

- Turkeys weren't initially used for their meat, but rather their feathers.

- Native American groups may have shared turkey-raising tips.

More than 1,500 years before Christopher Columbus and his crew sailed to the New World, Native Americans had already domesticated turkeys twice: first in south-central Mexico at around 800 B.C. and again in what is now the southwestern U.S. at about 200 B.C., according to a new study.

http://news.discovery.com/history/us-history/...

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.
-John Adam

Got it?
Good!

:)

BTW
Happy Turkey Day American *Patriots*
I'm STUFFED!

Great TWO Day w/FAMILY!
More to come :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Yeah 1,172,114
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min Chimney1 141,697
GOP, Democrats gird for showdown on how to over... 6 min USA Today 1
15 year me sex 12 min ritu 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 min positronium 50,214
With State of the Union, Obama sets agenda ... ... 22 min Chicopee 107
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 24 min Guru 184,333
Obama to seek wilderness designation for Alaska... 35 min USA Today 13
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 47 min WOW bird brain 167,950
Who do you side with in Ferguson? 2 hr Sir-Righteous 11,160
Netanyahu visit continues to stir emotion 2 hr SirPrize 33
More from around the web