The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 403611 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#196113 Oct 15, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Public Projects are funded with public bonds sold to investors guaranteed by taxpayers but paid by user fees. We have a local jail. It was built with a local bond issue and could have caused local property taxes to go up had the enterprise failed. However, since citizens from large cities rented the beds in our jail to hold their alleged criminals, it was those citizens who paid for our jail and the local jailer jobs.
Roads and highways were financed using taxpayer guaranteed bonds but paid for with user fees in the form of excise tax on gasoline. People who fly airplanes get a refund for the highway taxes they pay for gasoline. Farm diesel doesn't have highway tax in it so it's dyed so that police can detect if truck drivers are cheating using untaxed fuel.
Schools are built using local bonds and paid for with property tax increases and federal grants. The feds get the money for grants from excise taxes on products like makeup, alcohol and gambling operations like lotteries. Other funds come from taxes applied to imported goods.
Sure, big projects are funded with taxpayer backed bonds but are payed for with user fees.
Obamacare is paid for by robing one half trillion from Medicare and by charging working people double so that lazy people can have it for free.
Enjoy! I'll make money off Obamacare. I realize it's impact to business and will invest accordingly.
My firm and I will too if we do things right and money will continue to grow on trees. Our trees.
Even ditch digging will improve. LOL.
I realize obamacare's impact as well.
I'll create more than enough wealth to stay under the poverty level.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#196114 Oct 15, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
They want you to leave... becuase you speak the truth about them and they hate that.
I want her to stay and hear truth. I would be devastated if she turned her back to it.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#196115 Oct 15, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
They would have paid more had they built the jail to hold their inmates there in their town. We provide a service and they pay for it.
I am not wrong Jaxxon. People like you are idiots and communists. You all deserve nothing! Not even a grave. If it were up to me I would advertise free trips to the Bahamas for welfare recipients, load the planes up and fly about five miles off shore then open the doors on the airplanes and push them out at 35,000 feet over the ocean. Then come back for another load until all the welfare scum are history. Then start again without any public assistance programs that cause people to turn into entitled leaches.
I know you are not wrong either and this is why I bumped it up. I say 30 miles out though in int'l waters.

Since: Feb 11

Nearer than you would like

#196116 Oct 15, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
"you use those publicly funded resources provided by taxpayer dollars: utilities, public roads, the internet (;-), public education, etc.."
Each of the programs you listed are funded by user fees. If you don't use them, you don't pay for them.
That is complete and utter bullshit. As a taxpayer, you fund roads, schools, utilities, national defense, police and fire services and numerous other programs, regardless of personal consumption. User fees? ROTFLMAO!
It's not like Obamacare. You will pay for it even if yo don't use it so someone else can get it for free. If you don't buy it, you will be charged a fine.
1) People already receive free healthcare, fucktard – Medicaid and Medicare have been around for a long time.
2) You do not have to pay for anything. You can opt out. You can obtain a private plan. Stop the lying!
There are a lot of crazy things in the ACA. One of which will cause employers who provide health insurance for their employees to quit providing health insurance to their employees.
Read the details regarding that provision. Your Fox summary is lacking in facts.
It's the part where the CEO's cannot give themselves health insurance that has all the bells and whistles and offer their employees a lesser plan.
And?
The ACA mandates to employers that they must provide their employees the same policy that they offer to themselves.
You seem concerned with that. Why?
That part of the law will force employers to drop health insurance for all their employees or eliminate all their full time employees so they won't be required to provide anything at all and still keep the five diamond policies that they provide to themselves and upper management.
Or…it can force a company to actually provide better healthcare plans for their employees.

It is still remarkable that some people believe that a job entitles them to benefits. Insurance coverage is a perk to solicit and retain employees.(sigh)
Forcing part time employees to go to the Obamacare exchanges where they can qualify for Medicaid for free.
Or…they can pay for a plan themselves. Not all part time employees are the providers in their homes.
Senior citizens rely on Medicare but the ACA takes half a trillion dollars from Medicare to pay for Obamacare.
Not true. The last Presidential debate, Snopes and numerous news agencies have already debunked that lie.
These are people who have paid into the program all their lives who are being robbed so that a lazy scumbag who never pays into anything can have free health insurance.
How did they pay into Medicare?
Democrats who supported Obamacare will pay for their mistake in Nov 2014 when the republicans take both chambers of congress and begin impeachment hearings on the communist in chief.
Tell that to Lonegan. ROTFLMAO!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#196117 Oct 15, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>You have no idea of how much I payed into any system, how long I have worked for what I have, and the benefits that I am entitled to and still have never used.
I also don't think you have full knowledge of the concept of saving for a rainy day and maximizing one's potential and building wealth while still staying on the legal side of our tax laws.
Tax avoidance is not a crime and the firm and I do very well by living just under the poverty level and I would venture to say that we enjoy a much higher standard of living than you ever did.
You worry about your taxes and entitlements and I'll worry about accumulating wealth and value in forms other than money, lol.
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, you get upset when others demand that you be accountable for fabricating stories about the President.
Duplicity is thy name.
Many things upset me. You don't though, although you try.
I do build things, therefore I am a fabricator.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#196118 Oct 15, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
Wishful thinking, stooge.
You cannot impeach someone based upon wishes and dreams. Each time I ask you to provide a single, impeachable offense you hide.
Even funnier is your belief that he is a communist. Do you even know what that means? When pressed to tell us how he is a communist you hide.
You are truly pathetic.
There is no limit to what we can do.

#196120 Oct 15, 2013
positronium wrote:
Many things upset me. You don't though, although you try.
I do build things, therefore I am a fabricator.
Constructing lies is not something you should put on your resume.

It is evident why you prefer to not answer the queries I make. Hiding is your strength.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#196121 Oct 15, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>You have no idea of how much I payed into any system, how long I have worked for what I have, and the benefits that I am entitled to and still have never used.
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably less than your parents 'paid' your English teacher.
My parents WERE my Engligh teacher, chump.

“Take a deep breath”

Since: Dec 12

Let it out

#196122 Oct 15, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
That is complete and utter bullshit. As a taxpayer, you fund roads, schools, utilities, national defense, police and fire services and numerous other programs, regardless of personal consumption. User fees? ROTFLMAO!
<quoted text>
1) People already receive free healthcare, fucktard – Medicaid and Medicare have been around for a long time.
2) You do not have to pay for anything. You can opt out. You can obtain a private plan. Stop the lying!
<quoted text>
Read the details regarding that provision. Your Fox summary is lacking in facts.
<quoted text>
And?
<quoted text>
You seem concerned with that. Why?
<quoted text>
Or…it can force a company to actually provide better healthcare plans for their employees.
It is still remarkable that some people believe that a job entitles them to benefits. Insurance coverage is a perk to solicit and retain employees.(sigh)
<quoted text>
Or…they can pay for a plan themselves. Not all part time employees are the providers in their homes.
<quoted text>
Not true. The last Presidential debate, Snopes and numerous news agencies have already debunked that lie.
<quoted text>
How did they pay into Medicare?
<quoted text>
Tell that to Lonegan. ROTFLMAO!
I'll be waiting for you to come knock on my door little man. When was that break of yours again? Thanksgiving?

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#196123 Oct 15, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Reread history and get back with me. Welfare was created by democrats in 1965 as an assault in their war on poverty.
The great depression was hard times for Americans. FDR implemented the new deal. It started by getting people back to work with programs like the civil works administration and the Works Progress Administration. They build roads, bridges, schools, hydroelectric dams, airports and even built the river walk in San Antonio, TX turning a crime infested area into a tourist attraction.
That was welfare back then. I wasn't until after WWII when social security was created. The boom in the economy from all the G.I.'s returning from war wanting a home of their own. The program was intended to provide a safety net for US Citizens who worked until they were too old to work and had no savings to live off until they died.
Welfare is communism. Giving people something for nothing and not being able to ask for anything in return. We can't ask them to be drug free, we can't ask them to ensure their children attend school, and defiantly can't ask them to work. Try to deny them the free assistance and they will threaten to steal or even murder. I say beat them in the head with aluminum baseball bats and dump their corpses in the sewage treatment facility. Enslave their children and use them as cannon fodder in future wars.
Get back to me when you learn that the term welfare is not inclusive to what only happened in the 1960's "War on Poverty" otherwise known as the"Great Society". It's you who needs to read your history. Welfare began with the New Deal that began in the 1930's along with the Social Security Act of 1935.

Moreover... Social Security was not created after WW2.... Again, re-read your history.

In addition, Corporate welfare is communism, something you likely support.

#196124 Oct 15, 2013
positronium wrote:
My parents WERE my Engligh teacher, chump.
That answers numerous questions regarding your constant mistakes of grammar and logic.

By the way,'teacher' should have been plural. LOL!

“Take a deep breath”

Let it out

#196125 Oct 15, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
My laptop...it is 18:40 here. A long day is done. You are welcome.
<quoted text>
You are uniquely qualified.
<quoted text>
That's funny. Your bravado is only surpassed by your cowardice.
<quoted text>
If you say so.
<quoted text>
Is that your way of saying you are a pussy and afraid to meet?
<quoted text>
Who said that hasn't happened?
<quoted text>
I offered to provide you the means to confront me. You declined but unwisely violated 18 U.S.C.§ 875. With national boundaries transcended, it is considered a terrorist threat. To summarize:
- a transmission via interstate commerce
- a communication containing the threat
- a threat to injure the person of another.
Contact your local sheriff and ask him about it. You just made a very silly decision.
Pfft! The local sheriff said he would welcome you to this fine county. He said I didn't even have to open my door. Whenever I see a stranger pull up my driveway I should give him a call and he would investigate. If it is true that you traveled across the globe to confront me, he would use the minimum force necessary to arrest you and you can stand trial for attempted suicide.
racer42

United States

#196126 Oct 15, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
WASHINGTON – The federal deficit has shrunk to its lowest level since 2008, when President Obama won election at the start of the Great Recession, and is on track to decline even more thanks to an improving economy, higher taxes on the wealthy and reduced federal spending, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office said Tuesday.
But even with declining deficits, the nation’s debt keeps piling up, leaving lawmakers with no easy choices to fix the poor long-term fiscal outlook. The public debt is on a troubled trajectory – expected to be equal to 100% of the economy’s annual output, or gross domestic product, by 2038.
“The unsustainable nature of the federal government’s current tax and spending policies presents lawmakers and the public with difficult choices,” the office said in its report.“To put the federal budget on a sustainable path for the long term, lawmakers would have to make significant changes to tax and spending policies.”
http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/politi...
That's exactly right, the ratio of how much the federal government spends to how much it takes in is getting smaller. That is a good thing. Does this have anything at all to do with the policies of the current administration. May yes, maybe no. What is bothersome is that the article also points out that we are still spending much more than we are taking in so, while the deficit may be going down, the debt is still going up and that is a seriously bad thing.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#196127 Oct 15, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh BS! The word got out so quickly because those "poor" people who need our help to buy food have cell phones. They called and texted everyone they knew telling them about the glitch that allows them no limit on their EBT purchases. In less than two hours time the shelves were emptied and once the glitch was fixed, those who hadn't got away with theft simply left their shopping carts full of meats and ice cream in the isles and left the mess for minimum wage employees to clean up.
I say release the videos and shame those thieves. Of course all black people look alike to us crakkas so it really wouldn't do much good posting their photos on the intertubes.
Like I said before... you stand no chance defending yourself against the poor when push comes to shove. That EBT glitch is just a manifest proof of the desperation the poor have yet you think that watching "doomsday preppers" is your surefire way to survive when these people come knocking at your door.

LOL!!!

“Take a deep breath”

Let it out

#196128 Oct 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Get back to me when you learn that the term welfare is not inclusive to what only happened in the 1960's "War on Poverty" otherwise known as the"Great Society". It's you who needs to read your history. Welfare began with the New Deal that began in the 1930's along with the Social Security Act of 1935.
Moreover... Social Security was not created after WW2.... Again, re-read your history.
In addition, Corporate welfare is communism, something you likely support.
Here is what welfare looked like back then. You will like it. It has pictures.

http://www.fdrlibrary.marist.edu/pdfs/ppDIRwp...
independent common sense

Coffeyville, KS

#196129 Oct 15, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, let's see where you stand:
Abortion - Should it be made illegal within the United States, unless it involves a verified incident of incest or rape?
- Should a woman have to undergo a vaginal probe prior to seeking the termination of a pregnancy?
- Should late term abortion be allowed if a woman's life is at risk?
Homosexuality - Should LGBT be allowed to marry?
- Should firearms be regulated in any way by the federal government?
I await your responses.
("edited for space")

On abortion....I do not think it is a government concern nor a state concern what I do with my vag. The aborton issue is a religious one and religion should play NO PART in politics, especially when it is used to control behavior of the citizens. I just don't and shouldn't have to pay for anyone else to have one. I have never had one, nor would I have had one, but either way it would be my business and only I should be responsible for payment of it. The only reason it is in government is because government is using everyone's tax dollars to support an organization that conducts abortions. That is WRONG! Fix my roads and the bridges and stay out of my health issues and my bedroom. And if you want birth control...pay for it yourself! I believe in personal responsibility!
On LGBT issues....it is not my business nor my concern if you are gay and I don't care. Get married, doesn't effect me or my marriage at all. I couldn't care less. Once again, it is religion that makes it a concern for government and it should not be an issue at all in government.....religion or LGBT business nor my business. Do whatever you want in your bedroom, marry whoever you want, and as long as it doesn't effect me and mine I couldn't care less. Marriage between a man and a woman is a religious stance, not one that should be a government stance. Government should not be involved, nor should the states, it is a personal matter just like abortion. Just as long as you pay your own way and it doesn't cost me.
On guns...it is a constitutional issue, everyone should be allowed to own a gun if they want. The only problem with a criminal or an insane person having a gun is when those that aren't criminal or insane do not have one. Gun free zones are targets, armed zones are a challenge and you know damn well if you shoot you will be shot at if you are trying to commit a crime or are insane and whacking out. The government has no right to tell an American citizen they cannot own a gun unless you have already have used one in a criminal way. You give up your rights when you break laws and harm people. When someone decides to abuse their rights to harm others they surrender their rights and should be treated accordingly. The ONLY regulations a government should have on guns is on those that have abused their right to own one. The government has no right to decide who can and can't have one prior to an individual committing a crime with one. The government can't read minds and tell who will and who will not commit a crime unless they already have. Then you can regulate their stupid ass all you want because they abused their right as an American to be treated "fairly" or to have that right anymore. You break the law then you surrender your rights and shouldn't have them!
People act like anyone that is crazy shouldn't be allowed to have a gun. Well they use to be able to have them without any restrictions on who could and who couldn't own them. Where is the history on mass shootings when your grandparent's were kids?

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#196130 Oct 15, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
"...it was those citizens who paid..."
And they paid with tax dollars. Duh.
That tax on gas you mentioned is paid by anyone that buys gas, whether it's to mow their yard, run a generator or drive a car and while I'm not sure how it works everywhere, here in Indiana our public schools get a big chunk of their budget from property taxes that are paid by all property owners whether they have children in school or not.
Bottom line, you were wrong and would rather eat broken glass than admit that one simple fact.
Get back to me when and if you decide to be serious.
Until then you continue to be a waste of time.
Great comment!

Even the illegals who live in those homes are paying the property tax via their lease or rent. So not even the illegals are stuck paying taxes and contribute to the local school budget.

So taxes paid in the USA are not only paid by US Citizens. That pretty much debunks "Don't Panic's" claim.

“Take a deep breath”

Let it out

#196131 Oct 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Like I said before... you stand no chance defending yourself against the poor when push comes to shove. That EBT glitch is just a manifest proof of the desperation the poor have yet you think that watching "doomsday preppers" is your surefire way to survive when these people come knocking at your door.
LOL!!!
Those lazy mooches would be too busy killing each other in the big city to bother coming out to a rural town looking for a sack of beans and a sack of rice. They would be busting down the store fronts of jewelry stores and electronic outlets. If they are going to starve to death, they want to look good doing it.

#196132 Oct 15, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>There is no limit to what we can do.
Actually, there is. You are not an elected official, therefore, your whining is merely entertainment for those of us who pummel you daily. You do not possess the authority to impeach a sitting, elected official. You can whine, but that is all you can do.

Further, impeachable offenses are very specific. Citizens attempt to lodge them every day. They learn that such attempts are pointless, given that almost all are baseless. Remember, the Clinton impeachment? What were the charges? 2 counts of perjury (one was dismissed almost immediately), obstruction of justice and abuse of power (also dismissed immediately). So, perjury and obstructing justice involving a civil case were the smoking guns. How'd the verdict turn out?

Now, let's have some real fun...let's look at those who voted to convict him. How many are still holding their Senatorial offices?

Voinovich - no longer in office
Thurmond - no longer in office (in the ground)
Thomas - no longer in office
Smith, G.- no longer in office
Smith, R.- no longer in office
Sessions - in office
Santorum - no longer in office
Roth, Jr.- no longer in office (in the ground)
Roberts - in office
Nickels - no longer in office
Murkowski - no longer in office
McConnell - in office
McCain - in office
Mack III - no longer in office
Lugar - no longer in office
Lott - no longer in office
Kyl - no longer in office
Imhofe - in office
Hutchinson, K.- no longer in office
Hutchinson, T.- no longer in office
Helms - no longer in office (in the ground)
Hatch - in office
Hagel - no longer in office (current SecDef)
Gregg - no longer in office
Grassley - in office
Grams - no longer in office
Gramm - no longer in office
Frist - no longer in office
Fitzgerald - no longer in office
Enzi - in office
Domenici - no longer in office
DeWine - no longer in office
Crapo - in office
Craig - no longer ion office
Coverdell - no longer in office (in the ground)
Cochran - in office
Campbell - no longer in office
Burns - no longer in office
Bunning - no longer in office
Brownback - no longer in office
Bond - no longer in office
Bennett - no longer in office
Ashcroft - no longer in office
Allard - no longer in office
Abraham - no longer in office

Meanwhile, Bill Clinton is not only enjoying his post presidency years, he is making millions and is revered globally. Hmmmm....

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#196133 Oct 15, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is what welfare looked like back then. You will like it. It has pictures.
http://www.fdrlibrary.marist.edu/pdfs/ppDIRwp...
I'm well aware that prior to the implementation of government created welfare in the USA, welfare was in the form of "generosity" & "charity". However today we have people like you who think they can tell their fellow American to fck off and starve.

Therefore you will be taxed and the proceeds will be given to the poor who qualify.

You don't like it... move to another Country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 min TRUMP WINNERS 253,010
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Ray Ovehope 1,458,027
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 5 min TRUMP WINNERS 22,396
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min tina anne 62,304
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 8 min ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 14,552
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 10 min Fcvk tRump 151
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 10 min Imprtnrd 1,998
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 23 min Responsibility 2,907
News Trump soaks up the adulation, brags about victory 1 hr Black Rhino 67
More from around the web