The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 395945 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Take a deep breath”

Since: Dec 12

Let it out

#195197 Oct 11, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
http://thehill.com/homenews/ad ministration/328117-obama-boeh ner-say-talks-to-go-on
.....An NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll found more people blame Republicans for the shutdown than the White House, and a greater gap in those figures than the 1990s fights involving President Clinton and the House, led by former Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.).
They also found Obama’s approval rating ticking up a bit.
Those figures make it much easier for Obama to make demands and make it tougher for Republicans to hold out.
Senate and House Republicans have publicly acknowledged the numbers are troubling.
“We read the newspapers,” Rep. Hal Rogers (R-Ky.) said Friday.
“I don’t know in what world we are faring well under the shutdown, either in terms of policy or politics,” Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) said after a meeting between Obama and Senate Republicans at the White House.
Like I said, a Democratic plot to shut down the government and make it look like it was the Republicans. When president Nixon used spies against the DNC, he was forced to resign or face impeachment and prison time. Obama is using the NSA to spy on the RNC and using secrecy and national security as a cover to get away with it. That's why he was so pizzed at Eric Snowden that he downed the aircraft of the president of a sovereign nation and made America a laughing stock. That's why Obama is so mad a Russia for granting political asylum to Eric Snowden and when the news breaks on this scandal, Obama will be the first black president to resign in lieu of impeachment and prison time.
Beaner Culture

Broomfield, CO

#195198 Oct 11, 2013
Sperm Whale wrote:
<quoted text>
Heard you can't stop swallowing....sooooo open up.
Machismo Beaners hate Women who won`t comply and bow down!

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#195199 Oct 11, 2013
The SHUTDOWN! Maybe it's better to just watch Stephen Colbert 'splain it:

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-repo...

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#195200 Oct 11, 2013
Beaner Culture wrote:
<quoted text>
No Morals and the reason America is failing thanks to Obama!
Oh yes!!! Another "Thanks Obama!" moment. We just can't get too many of those, can we?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#195201 Oct 11, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
It takes a majority to shut down the government. The democrats are the majority. The democrat majority told the republican minority to give us a continuing resolution which is a law to continue federal spending at current levels of funding. The democrats told republicans to pass it clean or they wouldn't pass it. President Obama told the republicans if they didn't give him exactly what he wanted, he would veto it. The republicans, being the minority, said that current spending is out of control and if they pass the continuing resolution that the democrats wanted, they would have zero leverage to negotiate lower federal spending after giving the democrats exactly what they asked for so the republicans asked to have the individual mandate of the affordable care act, the part where the federal government assesses fines to individuals who don't pay for health insurance, postponed until the employer mandate kicks in. Obama and the democrats screamed bloody murder and accused the republicans of defunding Obamacare. The republicans said hey, it's only fair! The democrats said fk the working man! Give us everything we want and we will consider listening to you later. The republicans said that wasn't fair and resubmitted their version of the continuing resolution to the democrats and the democrats freaked out screaming "The Tea Party is holding America hostage!" as they rejected the continuing resolution the republicans passed. The republicans made some concessions to their original demands and the democrats had another tantrum claiming "The republicans are holding a gun to our heads!" and refused to keep the government open. The democrats are to blame and the president was their cheer leader.
Democrats have been wringing their hands for weeks leading up to this continuing resolution in hopes that they could shut down the government and blame it on the republicans and the tea party. Obama's NSA has been spying on the RNC and republican members of congress so they knew the republicans wanted some concessions to the ACA and they used that in their plan to shut the government, make the republicans out to be the bad guys so that they would have to toe the line during the upcoming vote to increase the debt limit adding trillions to Obama's credit card so he can give more Obama money to Obama voters and making the democrats popular among the takers of this country.
Nobody to blame but the President and his party. They have failed us.
"It takes a majority to shut down the government."

LOL...yes it does.

In this case it took the republican majority in the House of representatives.

The democrats are the majority in the Senate. The senate voted on and passed a clean CR and sent it to the house.

They did their job. It's called legislating.

The republican controlled House of Representatives refused to allow a vote on a clean CR, made demands and decided to hold the government hostage unless they got their way.

It's called obstructionism...or extortion. Take your pick.

Didn't read the rest of your post. I've come to understand that you're kind of a dolt and nothing short of a colossal bore.

;)
Beaner Culture

Broomfield, CO

#195202 Oct 11, 2013
Sarah Wendelstat wrote:
Run Rico Run....
Rico can`t run, His 147 I.Q Abs are too fat. 40 feet and he is down for the count. Sad too since he`s only 41.
Black Flag bug killer

Broomfield, CO

#195203 Oct 11, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
The SHUTDOWN! Maybe it's better to just watch Stephen Colbert 'splain it:
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-repo...
Allah is gonna be so mad at you!

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#195204 Oct 11, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, a Democratic plot to shut down the government and make it look like it was the Republicans. When president Nixon used spies against the DNC, he was forced to resign or face impeachment and prison time. Obama is using the NSA to spy on the RNC and using secrecy and national security as a cover to get away with it. That's why he was so pizzed at Eric Snowden that he downed the aircraft of the president of a sovereign nation and made America a laughing stock. That's why Obama is so mad a Russia for granting political asylum to Eric Snowden and when the news breaks on this scandal, Obama will be the first black president to resign in lieu of impeachment and prison time.
Oh, fox hockey. Nobody wants him to resign - not even Republicans, and there's no danger of him being impeached. Have you forgotten who the Vice President is? What are you thinking? He is totally "good to go".
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#195205 Oct 11, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Republican approval rating falls to lowest point in Gallup poll history
Wednesday, October 9, 2013
Only 28 percent of Americans have a favorable impression of the Republican Party, according to the latest Gallup poll, taken after Sen. Ted Cruz's 21-hour speech and the subsequent government shutdown.
No, Republicans, the Gallup Poll is not a limbo contest.
Republicans seem to be playing “how low can you go.” Just 28 percent of Americans have a favorable impression of the GOP, according to the latest monthly Gallup tracking poll. The number ” is the lowest favorable rating measured for either party since Gallup began asking this question in 1992,” the polling company stated.
You seem to believe the ACA will be foremost in people's minds in the months ahead as we deal with any any unforeseen consequences of government shutdown? Really? I'm not inclined to agree with you that it will be.
I'm not a big fan of either party, but Ted Cruz is the man.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#195206 Oct 11, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I could get by working a 40 hour work week at min wage if I had to.. The thing is most of those are starter jobs and not meant to feed a family.. Besides if your mate both worked a min wage job you could have scraped by.. But then again people just produce kids and single parents with no child support insight.. I guess the daddy was just a sperm donor and don't care about his kids.. Now with aca and hours being cut back to 28 a week they are probably looking for other part time jobs and government assistance..
Eagle
I would venture to say, every part time worker is getting some sort of aid. If they're not, they're idiots. That's why the minimum wage - living wage argument is a crock. Minimum wage is exactly what you said it is, entry level, a beginning, never intended to be a career. Obama argues that it's the effort one exerts, not the position one attains, that determines the wage. He's an idiot.

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Rest well Brother

#195207 Oct 11, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
It may surprise you to hear this, but I don't often get a chance to speak with the president or The Attorney General.
That having been said, there was an effort on behalf of republicans in several states to use voter ID as cover for their efforts to suppress the minority vote and Florida was one of those states.
As far as people waiting until election day to cast their vote, what's your fkn problem with that?
I didn't vote until election day and I'm not about to complain because there was a larger turnout that you and the pubs wanted.
The more eligible voters that turn out the better as far as I'm concerned.
"That having been said, there was an effort on behalf of republicans in several states to use voter ID as cover for their efforts to suppress the minority vote and Florida was one of those states."

Just explain how it would have suppressed the vote?? The fact is it wouldn't have.. Your complaint about FL was long lines on election day back then.. But everyone had plenty of time with early voting.. Well you waited till the last day but I and many others didn't.. Tell me are you going to wait till the last day to sign up for aca and crash their website?? Its obvious you haven't gotten coverage yet or even a quote or you would be posting how affordable it was..

Eagle

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#195208 Oct 11, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
How much discussion do you expect when you start name calling in your first line?? Much like that closed mined leader of yours when he could have been my son.. Oh wait it could have been me.. The T.Party is doing what they were elected to do in their districts and no doubt will be re-elected when the time comes up.. At least they are standing for something..
Montgomery Gentry - Something To Be Proud Of
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =PXg8E0kzF1cXX
Eagle
LOL! Are you trying to pretend there are no "fringers" here? Or, did you take that personally? ;-)

Trust me (or don't...couldn't care less). There are definitely some really extreme fringers here. THey're racist, want to control women's bodies, want to cut food for the babies they make these women have, and have an unrelenting compulsion to punish old people and gays for......getting old and being gay!

They're pretty keen on white men in power with money to whom they'll bow and scrape and pretend they're related to in some way. That's just another delusion they have.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#195209 Oct 11, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, fox hockey. Nobody wants him to resign - not even Republicans, and there's no danger of him being impeached. Have you forgotten who the Vice President is? What are you thinking? He is totally "good to go".
IF 0 goes, biden does TOO!
THEN lQQk who is THERE!:)

Order of Presidential Succession
According to the Presidential Succession Act of 1792, the Senate president pro tempore1 was next in line after the vice president to succeed to the presidency, followed by the Speaker of the House.

Prior to the ratification of the 25th Amendment in 1967, there was no provision for filling a vacancy in the vice presidency. When a president died in office, the vice president succeeded him, and the vice presidency then remained vacant. The first vice president to take office under the new procedure was Gerald Ford, who was nominated by Nixon on Oct. 12, 1973, and confirmed by Congress the following Dec. 6.

The Vice President Joseph Biden - GOES too :)
Speaker of the House John Boehner <<---<<<
President pro tempore of the Senate1 Patrick Leahy
Secretary of State John Kerry
Secretary of the Treasury Jacob Lew
Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel
Attorney General Eric Holder
Secretary of the Interior Sally Jewel
Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack
Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker
Secretary of Labor Thomas E. Perez
Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Shaun Donovan
Secretary of Transportation Anthony Foxx
Secretary of Energy Ernest Moniz
Secretary of Education Arne Duncan
Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric Shinseki
Secretary of Homeland Security Rand Beers (acting)

Read more: Order of Presidential Succession | Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0101032.html#i...

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#195213 Oct 11, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a big fan of either party, but Ted Cruz is the man.
What? Are you kidding?

http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/archive/segm...

Since: Jun 10

Concord, CA

#195214 Oct 11, 2013
Illegal Drop house wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry your so Pizzed off that every one here knows the truth about you due to you posting it!
HEHEHE !
LOL! Hi Quirky, trying to hide your identity. No one can disguise that much stupidity.

No pissed off at all. I love laughing at you idiots and all the lies you post while you hide like the cowards you are. I never posted the things that you and your maggot friends have lied about.

“Take a deep breath”

Since: Dec 12

Let it out

#195215 Oct 11, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, fox hockey. Nobody wants him to resign - not even Republicans, and there's no danger of him being impeached. Have you forgotten who the Vice President is? What are you thinking? He is totally "good to go".
If it happens like it did back in Nixon's time, the vice president will resign and the house minority leader will be appointed vice president and become president when Obama resigns. How does President Nancy Pelosi sound?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#195216 Oct 11, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are a man who kisses boys on the mouth and gets a hard on at the thought of a hairy butthole so nobody cares to listen to what you have to say.
You post about kissing boys a lot.

Kinda weird.

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

#195218 Oct 11, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the Presidential Succession Act of 1792, the Senate president pro tempore1 was next in line after the vice president to succeed to the presidency, followed by the Speaker of the House.
Prior to the ratification of the 25th Amendment in 1967, there was no provision for filling a vacancy in the vice presidency. When a president died in office, the vice president succeeded him, and the vice presidency then remained vacant. The first vice president to take office under the new procedure was Gerald Ford, who was nominated by Nixon on Oct. 12, 1973, and confirmed by Congress the following Dec. 6.
Read more: Order of Presidential Succession | Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0101032.html#i...
Yeah most of us learn this stuff in grade school but Im glad you're learning.
I thought you were leaving?
Cutting off your net?
Or was that another empty promise?

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#195219 Oct 11, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, now. That would certainly put an end to all the speculation that Obama is preparing to impose martial law so that he can become dictator, huh? So, we'd only have a right wing conspiracy (rolling eyes) to seize the Presidency and make it all better by what? Dismantling the whole FG before they go home? LOL

Oh, bruther....What have you been up to, lunatic? Are you on drugs, or is this just a vision that came about in one of your hallucinatory states? Did you hit your head on a culvert while driving off road in your little red roadster with the top down?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#195220 Oct 11, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you American Lady for the info.
A African Black Panther group.
Muslim/Africans MauMau/Black Panthers===the same evil terrorist groups.
Yes!
They are all over the inner cities[ghettos]...
bloods ... crips ... m13 ... rico's[;~)] etc!

That site was only for Arizona ...

ANY gang member/mean person is a "terrorist ...
OR
mau mau supporter!

WE have lots of them on these boards.

These definitions are not for you R!
I KNOW you know what is what!
They are for the libTARDS that don't KNOW any better :)

Terrorist
ter·ror·ist (trr-st)
n.
One that engages in acts or an act of terrorism.
adj.
Of or relating to terrorism.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/terrorist

mau–mau verb, often capitalized both Ms \&#712;mau&#775;-& #716;mau&#775;\
mau–mauedmau–mau·ing

Definition of MAU-MAU

transitive verb
: to intimidate (as an official) by hostile confrontation or threats
intransitive verb
: to engage in mau-mauing someone
Origin of MAU-MAU

Mau Mau, anti-European secret society in colonial Kenya

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mau...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Patriot 244,016
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Hill4me 225,416
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 10 min replaytime 209,907
News 5 Words Trump Forgot to Say in First Debate 10 min Dumptrump 21
News Violence breaks out again in US city after poli... 11 min Ronald 59
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 12 min Jonah1 18,527
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min USAsince1680 1,433,253
News Post-debate poll: Clinton takes round one 50 min reality 266
News As Clinton focuses on debate, Trump says he'd c... 1 hr reality 187
More from around the web