The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 391472 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Take a deep breath”

Since: Dec 12

Let it out

#192600 Oct 5, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Yep, bears a striking resemblance to his other demented personality.
Ferrell pulled this same stunt a few years ago--flipped from compassionate, kind, and loving liberal to heartless, ugly and hateful conservative practically over night.
It's the same player with a multitude of accounts, proxies and socks and he's loving every minute of the attention.
Speaking of Ferret--where is that putrid little varmint? LOL!
She figured you out too? Good for her!

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#192601 Oct 5, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Based on my own experiences with them, I would have to agree that they do everything you say and more.
They also reflect the culture of our nation's leadership and that includes both sides of it.
Looting the Pension Funds
All across America, Wall Street is grabbing money meant for public workers
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/loo...
Today, the same Wall Street crowd that caused the crash is not merely rolling in money again but aggressively counterattacking on the public-relations front. The battle increasingly centers around public funds like state and municipal pensions. This war isn't just about money. Crucially, in ways invisible to most Americans, it's also about blame. In state after state, politicians are following the Rhode Island playbook, using scare tactics and lavishly funded PR campaigns to cast teachers, firefighters and cops – not bankers – as the budget-devouring boogeymen responsible for the mounting fiscal problems of America's states and cities.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#192602 Oct 5, 2013
-The Weather Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
You are misinformed. Google the stats.
==========
African Americans benefit from Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” self-defense law at a rate far out of proportion to their presence in the state’s population, despite an assertion by Attorney General Eric Holder that repealing “Stand Your Ground” would help African Americans.
Black Floridians have made about a third of the state’s total “Stand Your Ground” claims in homicide cases, a rate nearly double the black percentage of Florida’s population. The majority of those claims have been successful, a success rate that exceeds that for Florida whites
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/16/blacks-bene...
So much for your race card deck.
Right wing tripe.

Here are a couple of articles that examine the data and debunk the daily caller article.
----------

No, Blacks Don't 'Benefit' from Florida's Stand Your Ground Law

...something interesting happens when you look at the reverse: how often killings are considered justified when you look at the race of the victim.

http://news.yahoo.com/no-blacks-dont-benefit-...
----------

Those who Kill Blacks Benefit From Florida’s Stand Your Ground Law

On July 16th, Patrick Howley at the Daily Caller posted a provocative article titled “Blacks benefit from Florida ‘Stand Your Ground’ law at disproportionate rate”...

...his article is misleading and his facile analysis is deeply flawed because he simply cherry picks the data in such a way that it can support his absurd claim that blacks benefit disproportionately from Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” law. Using the same data base for fatal “Stand Your Ground” law cases provided by the Tampa Bay Times, one must conclude that Mr. Howley is either very inept at processing data or that he is intentionally misleading his readers to advance his own ideological agenda. His analysis fails to recognize that the most significant and relevant data instead points to the conclusion not that blacks benefit from the “Stand Your Ground” law as he states, but rather those who kill blacks benefit from the law as it is applied in Florida.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/07/22/kill-b...

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#192603 Oct 5, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's get YOU straightened out, bird brain:

America's government shutdown
No way to run a country
The Land of the Free is starting to look ungovernable. Enough is enough

Oct 5th 2013

http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/2158721...

AS MIDNIGHT on September 30th approached, everybody on Capitol Hill blamed everybody else for the imminent shutdown of America’s government. To a wondering world, the recriminations missed the point. When you are brawling on the edge of a cliff, the big question is not “Who is right?”, but “What the hell are you doing on the edge of a cliff?”

The shutdown itself is tiresome but bearable. The security services will remain on duty, pensioners will still receive their cheques and the astronauts on the International Space Station will still be able to breathe. Some 800,000 non-essential staff at federal agencies (out of 2.8m) are being sent home, while another 1.3m are being asked to toil on without pay (see article). Non-urgent tasks will be shelved until a deal is reached and the money starts to flow again. If that happens quickly, the economic damage will be modest: perhaps 0.1-0.2% off the fourth-quarter growth rate for every week the government is closed. The trouble is, the shutdown is a symptom of a deeper problem: the federal lawmaking process is so polarised that it has become paralysed. And if the two parties cannot bridge their differences by around October 17th, disaster looms.

Battles over spending are nothing unusual—indeed, Congress has not passed a proper budget on time since 1997. But this battle represents something new. House Republicans are blocking the budget not because they object to its contents, but because they object to something else entirely: Barack Obama’s health-care reform, a big part of which started to operate this week (see article). Their original demand was to strip all funding from Obamacare. In other words, they wanted Democrats to agree to kill their own president’s biggest achievement. That was never going to happen. As the deadline for a budget deal approached, Republicans scaled back their demands. Instead of defunding Obamacare, they said that its mandate for individuals to buy health insurance (or pay a fine) should be delayed for a year.

The bane of budgetary brinkmanship

That may sound more reasonable, but it is not so, for two reasons. First, delaying the mandate could wreck the whole reform. Obamacare sits on two pillars. Everyone is obliged to have insurance, and insurance firms are barred from charging people more because they are already ill. If only the second rule applies, the sick will rush to buy insurance but the healthy will wait until they fall ill before doing so. Insurers will have to raise premiums or go bust, making coverage unaffordable without vast subsidies. Obamacare will enter a death spiral and possibly collapse. For some Republicans, that is the goal.

The second reason is that Republicans are setting a precedent which, if followed, would make America ungovernable. Voters have seen fit to give their party control of one arm of government—the House of Representatives—while handing the Democrats the White House and the Senate. If a party with such a modest electoral mandate threatens to shut down government unless the other side repeals a law it does not like, apparently settled legislation will always be vulnerable to repeal by the minority. Washington will be permanently paralysed and America condemned to chronic uncertainty.(cont.)

Since: Jun 10

San Francisco, CA

#192604 Oct 5, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You know darn well that Ferrell is a "he."

Figured me out? I don't pretend to be anyone other than who I am.

You should try it. Makes things less complicated.
Ron Jeremeys Stunt Double

Washington, VA

#192605 Oct 5, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>You know I can't interact with you, Sleazydeed. GFY and KMA.
Cheers!
Pro Tip:
Olive oil is the best lubricant for dried up old Hos like you and Rose.

Oleo Capsaicin is the best when you're using your toys on yourselves, it helps to stimulate your dead nerve endings.

You're welcome

“Take a deep breath”

Let it out

#192606 Oct 5, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Right wing tripe.
Here are a couple of articles that examine the data and debunk the daily caller article.
----------
No, Blacks Don't 'Benefit' from Florida's Stand Your Ground Law
...something interesting happens when you look at the reverse: how often killings are considered justified when you look at the race of the victim.
http://news.yahoo.com/no-blacks-dont-benefit-...
----------
Those who Kill Blacks Benefit From Florida’s Stand Your Ground Law
On July 16th, Patrick Howley at the Daily Caller posted a provocative article titled “Blacks benefit from Florida ‘Stand Your Ground’ law at disproportionate rate”...
...his article is misleading and his facile analysis is deeply flawed because he simply cherry picks the data in such a way that it can support his absurd claim that blacks benefit disproportionately from Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” law. Using the same data base for fatal “Stand Your Ground” law cases provided by the Tampa Bay Times, one must conclude that Mr. Howley is either very inept at processing data or that he is intentionally misleading his readers to advance his own ideological agenda. His analysis fails to recognize that the most significant and relevant data instead points to the conclusion not that blacks benefit from the “Stand Your Ground” law as he states, but rather those who kill blacks benefit from the law as it is applied in Florida.
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/07/22/kill-b...
The only thing the data proves is that blacks don't aim very well. There are 100 shooting involving a black gunman for every one shooting involving a gunman who is white, yet the targets of the white gunmen die more often than the targets of black gunmen.

That's the thing with data Jaxxon. It can be manipulated to make it say what ever you want it to say.

“Take a deep breath”

Let it out

#192607 Oct 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Honestly, I don't know who Ferrel is.

“"One for the claws"”

Since: Jul 10

Sin City,U.S.A.

#192608 Oct 5, 2013
Ron Jeremeys Stunt Double wrote:
<quoted text>
Pro Tip:
Oleo Capsaicin is the best when you're using your toys on yourselves, it helps to stimulate your dead nerve endings.
You're welcome
Must be writing from experience! LOL
American Lady

Danville, KY

#192609 Oct 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Pro Tip:
You're welcome
I heard it 'thru the grapevine'
That nutter gives passion parties ...

tee hee hee ...

:)

Titans Cheerleaders (My Angel is the) Centerfold
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

;~)

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#192610 Oct 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Pro Tip:
You're welcome
Yuck. The best lubricant is stimulation, and there is no danger of you ever being that for anybody (stimulating, that is). Those days are apparently behind you. You're welcome.

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#192611 Oct 5, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
It's ferret, and it's really not important. Nobody cares.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#192612 Oct 5, 2013
Good Night AMERICAN Patriots <3
ANON

Gloucester, UK

#192613 Oct 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Pro Tip:
You're welcome
Cheers Mate, that's the best one I've read in awhile.

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#192614 Oct 5, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the thing with data Jaxxon. It can be manipulated to make it say what ever you want it to say.
When you do that, they cancel your research right along with your grant funding, and your INCOME DRIES UP. Then you get to figure out how to earn a living selling ganja butter and performing other multi-tasks that you conduct simultaneously (albeit from different locations) or some such nonsense.

“"One for the claws"”

Since: Jul 10

Sin City,U.S.A.

#192615 Oct 5, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Proper spelling is F-e-r-r-e-l-l. Double "L".
Quirky

Broomfield, CO

#192616 Oct 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Make you an offer you can`t refuse.

Fagedaboutit GTFU and Shoodddup!

Capice!

LMAO!
Quirky

Broomfield, CO

#192617 Oct 5, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard it 'thru the grapevine'
That nutter gives passion parties ...
tee hee hee ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Y7dGdrP3pmsXX
Titans Cheerleaders (My Angel is the) Centerfold
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
;~)
Hi AL nice to see you as it is also nice to see Reality too.

Quirky

Broomfield, CO

#192618 Oct 5, 2013
The Sin City Cat wrote:
<quoted text>Must be writing from experience! LOL
Rico is a true explorer of all things perverted. What can one say?

“Take a deep breath”

Let it out

#192619 Oct 5, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>When you do that, they cancel your research right along with your grant funding, and your INCOME DRIES UP. Then you get to figure out how to earn a living selling ganja butter and performing other multi-tasks that you conduct simultaneously (albeit from different locations) or some such nonsense.
Just call me a racist and get it over with already.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Incognito4Ever 1,405,194
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 min who cares 14,902
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 1 min Born USA 10,474
News 'Jill not Hill' - Green Party's Stein seeks San... 2 min Jeff Brightone 9
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min Blitzking 201,578
News Trump bounces into the lead 5 min spud 247
News The Latest: First lady calls out Trump, - hatefula 7 min Ronald 67
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 7 min Denny CranesPlace 5,578
News Hacked emails show Democratic party hostility t... 48 min slick willie expl... 311
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Cornelius Scudmister 233,378
More from around the web