The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 381104 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Since: Jun 10

Santa Clara, CA

#190283 Oct 1, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
well, then SOMETHING doesn't add UP...
you DO receive disability, right?
AND STILL WORK and buy your own HI policy?
or, are too RICH?
define 'old', please? I'll soon be 61, btw....
What doesn't add up is why you're sticking your nose in my personal business.

Santa Clara, CA

#190284 Oct 1, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
A simple yes would have sufficed.
I'm sorry, I forgot that only one-syllable words comprise your vocabulary.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#190285 Oct 1, 2013
Sir Ghost Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, no you didn't.. You thought you could be superior to DP and give him ultimatum last night.. You failed just like NTR did a few years back with me..
Accept the fact that some people just are not going to compromise their principles in order to get a win..
You and your ilk are controlling and if people don't dance to your tune, you will attempt to slander and discredit them...
Give it your best shot, Jax.. It hasn't worked for you in the past and I seriously doubt it will work for you now..
You see, you too are outside of DP's league and beneath him.. He simply does not support a free ride for anyone. We all have the opportunity to get out there and get a job regardless if it is menial or professional.. We will always have the working poor that has always been taken cafe of.. Then we have the lazy poor who is getting booted to the curb.. But they too are being taken care of against our better judgements...
No one here is being affected by this govt shutdown and majority of the population is not being affected.. Only govt employees are and they will withstand the shut down as they have in the past....
This embarrassing show of being appalled by the dems and obama is nothing more than a grandiose show of extreme narcissism....
Blah, Blah, Blah...what?

So, you think you've added DP to your little stable of online ideological wh*res?

Here's a little prediction, someday he's going to get tired of you treating him like daddy's little bottom and slap you upside the rhetorical head.

Until then I'll just sit back and watch the show.

;)

“Speak softly”

Since: Oct 07

Carry a big sword

#190286 Oct 1, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberal mentality. If you don't give it to me. I will steal it.
Conservative mentality. Don't give me anything. If I want it. I will work hard, save up and buy it.
Yes because no conservative ever accepts handouts or hand-ups, such as subsidies or tax breaks, or govt assistance for disabled dependents even though they don't need the help(see the Goat). Conservatives never cheat on tests, or use their parents' standing to advance, or fudge numbers on their tax returns.
I am proud to be a "liberal". I care about equality and freedom and I can't shut off my caring that others go without through no fault of their own, or some fault of their own, or because they really screwed up. I believe that very few people come here to be less than they can be, and I also believe that very few are not greatly humbled by having to ask for help. If they ask, I am compelled to answer. I tend to take people as they are, knowing it's not my job to judge, yet it IS my job to help.
I like being around generous people. I find it foreign to think only of oneself and one's immediate family. I find it frightening to observe how a fortress and a stockpile of weapons and food are some people's answer to society's problems. I tend to extend myself, to open up to solutions, while these folks tend to withdraw. I know that what I possess here is for sharing, or what would be the purpose of having it? Accumulation? How proud one must be, sitting alone on a big pile of money. Cuz you know, that's what life is all about.
But we both know that there is so much more complexity to us all, and defining us by groups, or even ourselves(see me) is a flawed endeavor. I prefer to see the good(god) in you. I hope you want to see it in me as well.

“Peace”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#190287 Oct 1, 2013
Sir Ghost Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, no you didn't.. You thought you could be superior to DP and give him ultimatum last night.. You failed just like NTR did a few years back with me..
Accept the fact that some people just are not going to compromise their principles in order to get a win..
You and your ilk are controlling and if people don't dance to your tune, you will attempt to slander and discredit them...
Give it your best shot, Jax.. It hasn't worked for you in the past and I seriously doubt it will work for you now..
You see, you too are outside of DP's league and beneath him.. He simply does not support a free ride for anyone. We all have the opportunity to get out there and get a job regardless if it is menial or professional.. We will always have the working poor that has always been taken cafe of.. Then we have the lazy poor who is getting booted to the curb.. But they too are being taken care of against our better judgements...
No one here is being affected by this govt shutdown and majority of the population is not being affected.. Only govt employees are and they will withstand the shut down as they have in the past....
This embarrassing show of being appalled by the dems and obama is nothing more than a grandiose show of extreme narcissism....
For once you nailed something on the head GR.
"This embarrassing show of being appalled by the dems and obama is nothing more than a grandiose show of extreme narcissism.... "
I'm appalled by the Republicans as they are the ones that have been the Party of No.

“Speak softly”

Carry a big sword

#190288 Oct 1, 2013
Sir William Ferrell wrote:
<quoted text>
You said feverishly to yourself as you were tonguing your own grandmother's azzcrack?
Yeah, thought as much.
Does your grandmother know about your fantasies?

“Speak softly”

Carry a big sword

#190290 Oct 1, 2013
Sir William Ferrell wrote:
<quoted text>
Fck You! You yellow bellied yelolow journalist punkazz b!tch.
Just, fck you.
HA! Touchy, touchy...

“Speak softly”

Carry a big sword

#190291 Oct 1, 2013
VorenusI wrote:
<quoted text>
Unique demographics!
Every single one of them a Republican, who knew!
Even the 70 something steak eating, beer guzzling man, his 30 system cheating, Tyson slave wage employee children, 100+ grandchildren and let's not forget his 17 yr old wife..
What about that now minutes away local Hospital that just last week was hours away!
Embellish much Mr Chameleon?
You're far too preoccupied with these "leeches" (I presume that's what you meant) One does not need to look very far to find 'em, they're all over, your homecoming buddies Eagle, GR and Quirky for instance, none of them work and yet they're living the "Good Life", or so they say.
Full Medical for peanuts is just one of the perks they enjoy as they ride your proverbial "Gravy Train"
Ain't that ironic?
Quit your whinning and pay your fair share of taxes, sourpuss!
there is nobody in this country who got rich on his own. Nobody."
"You built a factory out there? Good for you,"
"But I want to be clear: you moved your goods to market on the roads the rest of us paid for; you hired workers the rest of us paid to educate; you were safe in your factory because of police forces and fire forces that the rest of us paid for. You didn't have to worry that marauding bands would come and seize everything at your factory, and hire someone to protect against this, because of the work the rest of us did."
"Now look, you built a factory and it turned into something terrific, or a great idea? God bless. Keep a big hunk of it. But part of the underlying social contract is you take a hunk of that and pay forward for the next kid who comes along."
Elizabeth Warren
Standing ovation!!!

“Speak softly”

Carry a big sword

#190292 Oct 1, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
That Dmbfk has a Bi-Polar fetish with Google. Loves to google words from posters. With a Leftist overtone.
How observant, Quirky, you really caught on quick!(eye roll)
racer42

Oakland, CA

#190293 Oct 1, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>It's not about the imperfections of the ACA, Racer, which everybody (including the Admnistration) sees it has. regardless of all of the issues that concern us, it's what Congress passed into law, and it is a program that will hold down escalating health care costs while also providing coverage to millions who currently don't have that.
Rather than what they've done by holding our budget hostage to their desires to block a duly passed and signed into law piece of legislation from going into effect, the Republicans have every opportunity to introduce legislation that makes the ACA better. Why don't they work on THAT, Racer?
Instead, they just prefer to block it's rollout and have nothing on the table in its' stead. Unreal. We didn't elect to go along with them on this or anything else they had in mind. They seem to have forgotten that American voters rejected their candidate and their plan. For that reason alone, I believe they will pay a price. Wait and see.
In the meantime, America will be paying a price for failure to work together as mature adults in service to the people who elected them to serve, and the bulk of that wrong will be assigned to the Republican party.
I made that very suggestion to the Republican National Committee. Instead of their current tactics, why not provide the American people with a viable, cost effective option to the ACA and let the public decide which they like. Haven't gotten an answer, so far.

Again, the bill that was signed into law and, by law, at this point should be set in concrete unless legislative action changes it, has already been modified by the Obama administration. They don't have the constitutional nor legal authority to do so but, since Obama is God and can do whatever he likes regardless, modify it they have.
racer42

Oakland, CA

#190294 Oct 1, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
Agricultural subsidies is the biggest waste in our nation. Fools like you pay a fortune to lobby Washington and then claim you demand transparency from the administration.
A month ago, the industry said they would raise the price of a gallon of milk to $5 or $6 if they didn't get their way.
Screw you.
Not responding strictly to this post to but all your posts in general, you should stick your head back into your sandbox and leave the adult discussions to the adults, Chance the Gardener.

“Speak softly”

Carry a big sword

#190296 Oct 1, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
They will also discover that just because you have health insurance, a doctor doesn't have to accept them as patients. Even with insurance, many family practitioners have waiting lists for new patients. Especially the good ones.
Good luck finding a doctor who will see you. You can show up and beg but they can refuse to see you and suggest you go to the ER if it is so urgent.
Even if you are on the doctors patient list, you may have to wait several days for an appointment to see the doctor.
Once Obamacare is fully implemented, the people who blindly supported it's passage will discover that health insurance doesn't mean health care.
I kinda think it's that way now, I mean, in my experience it is. But we have to start somewhere, not everything is instant in this world of instant everything.

Santa Clara, CA

#190297 Oct 1, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I can always get money by selling beef and for now people can buy beef with money but when that money isn't worth anything I'll still be eating beef and they can eat their money.
The U.S. Dollar fell to 79.864 on the world market today but the Dow Jones is up 12 points. Too bad for those liberals living hand to mouth.
Are you going to have GR over for a BBQ? Cool.

Study: Too much red meat may shorten lifespan

By Anne Harding, Health.com

A new study is the first to estimate the effect of red meat on a person's lifespan

Each additional daily serving was associated with a 20% higher risk of dying

Charring red meat at high temperatures can produce carcinogens on the surface

( Health.com )-- Want to live longer? Trade some of the red meat in your diet for fish, nuts, whole grains, and other healthier protein sources, Harvard researchers say.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/12/health/red-meat...

Santa Clara, CA

#190299 Oct 1, 2013
Sir Ghost Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
"You and your ilk are controlling and if people don't dance to your tune, you will attempt to slander and discredit them..."

No one has done this as much as YOU and your band of bullying reprobates, you hypocrite. You always manage to describe exactly what you do when you falsely accuse others.

No one is trying to control DP, except YOU. You think by sucking up to him and going after those who disagree with him, you'll have enlisted a new little follower to your crew of rejects.

You've been working this now since last night when you saw the opportunity to sink your devil horns in. You've been pulling this same stunt for YEARS on these thread, GR. It's the only way you can get supporters. You flatter them into submission, and anyone who's stupid enough to fall for it deserves a blowhard like you for a friend.

Let's see there's Quirky, Eagle, POS, Courtney, AL, Reality, Ferrell and so on.

Hahahhaahh! What a bunch of losers and hypocrites just like you!

“Speak softly”

Carry a big sword

#190300 Oct 1, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
"Thanks for the support!"
Now that's just sad.
Don't Panic thanking Ghost Rider for his support. Too bad somebody didn't see this coming...oh wait! I did!
Anyway, you keep complaining because the senate wouldn't cave in to the tea party House, but you have yet to answer one simple question.
Why did the House republicans refuse to even allow a vote on the clean CR the Senate sent to them?
I'll tell you why, because they knew it would have passed.
Now that we're here and the shutdown is a reality I hope the democrats stand their ground until the republicans are forced to come crawling back on their hands and knees, humbled and with nothing to show for this except their own impotence.
Bring the clean CR to a vote or no deal.
I'm fine with that.
Works for me, too.

Location hidden

#190301 Oct 1, 2013
Sir Ghost Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO..
Yet you have no problem that congress and obama will still collect a pay check...
<shaking head>
I would like to see a list of those who claimed they would go without a pay check if the govt is shut down.. Talk is cheap where action speaks volumes.. Nonetheless, no one in congress is being affected by this shut down..
From now on if you want to know what I think just ask me...or pay attention...because you're really bad at guessing.

Personally, I'd like to see every one of them do without a paycheck, insurance and any other befits or perks until they get this sorted out and do their jobs.

The problem is that the 27th amendment guarantees that they will get paid even during a government shutdown.

Funny thing is that even though several Senators and Congressmen have said that they will stop accepting their government checks during the shutdown, Republican Ted Cruz who has led the fight to bring the government to its fiscal knees is the ONLY one so far to say that he intends to keep collecting his pay no matter how long the shutdown lasts.

That's right goat, the tea party champion of fiscal irresponsibility (Ted Cruz) is the one and only elected official to declare that he wants his paycheck whether anyone else gets paid or not.

Go figure.

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#190302 Oct 1, 2013
racer42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I made that very suggestion to the Republican National Committee. Instead of their current tactics, why not provide the American people with a viable, cost effective option to the ACA and let the public decide which they like. Haven't gotten an answer, so far.
Again, the bill that was signed into law and, by law, at this point should be set in concrete unless legislative action changes it, has already been modified by the Obama administration. They don't have the constitutional nor legal authority to do so but, since Obama is God and can do whatever he likes regardless, modify it they have.
Again, what part of delay in the employer mandate is in violation of the Constitution and in what way? The issue would be whether or not the entire piece of legislation should be delayed because Republicans (Tea Party) don't like it?

Why should the President agree, and on what basis should he advise his party to go along with that plan? What good could possibly come of it? I don't get your point. In fact, I think he should never surrender again to this kind of bullying. I didn't agree the first few times he compromised after receiving a voter mandate to pursue his stated objectives. I don't see the "losers" in this past election moving a d*mned bit off the dime. I am inclined to believe that America's voters see that quite well and will speak out in 2014 and again in 2016 when it will come down to their choice of a NEW dem or a NEW pub president. They will remember how obstructionist this pathetic Congress has been, and who the obstructionists were.

“Speak softly”

Carry a big sword

#190303 Oct 1, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the only rider on the CR approved from the house. Congress, Obama and their staffers lose their subsidized health insurance and be forced to use the same Obamacare they have forced on the American people.
The Republicans voted to suck it up and live with it and the Democrats just said NO. Even Obama refuses to sign up for Obamacare.
That says a lot about your dear leader.
That sure is a very convenient, yet incomplete, explanation. You left out the part where they wanted to defund AHC, and the fact that they are wasting time trying to abolish what is now Congress and White House endorsed, Supreme Court upheld law of the land.
The Dems were right to not let this small extreme faction take over the legislative branch of our govt.

“Take a deep breath”

Since: Dec 12

Let it out

#190304 Oct 1, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
Agricultural subsidies is the biggest waste in our nation. Fools like you pay a fortune to lobby Washington and then claim you demand transparency from the administration.
A month ago, the industry said they would raise the price of a gallon of milk to $5 or $6 if they didn't get their way.
Screw you.
I already showed you the site where you can look it up for yourself. MOST farms receive zero farm subsidies. So what if mild goes to $6 a gallon because your dollar is only worth 60 cents? That's what Oblaimer is doing to your dollar with his spend and borrow government. It's inevitable that the US Dollar no longer remains the world central currency.

Enjoy life with worthless money. I'll trade beef for gasoline. Hamburger costs 1.50 gallons per pound today. Better stock up! I'm predicting the price will double in the next few weeks.

Location hidden

#190305 Oct 1, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I already showed you the site where you can look it up for yourself. MOST farms receive zero farm subsidies. So what if mild goes to $6 a gallon because your dollar is only worth 60 cents? That's what Oblaimer is doing to your dollar with his spend and borrow government. It's inevitable that the US Dollar no longer remains the world central currency.
Enjoy life with worthless money. I'll trade beef for gasoline. Hamburger costs 1.50 gallons per pound today. Better stock up! I'm predicting the price will double in the next few weeks.
LOL...when you've been forced to sell your herd because you can't afford the feed and all those antibiotics you force down their throats, I'll still be getting 45 MPC (miles per chicken).

;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min now 222,699
News North Carolina's rush to bigotry 2 min Time again 1,929
News Republicans downplay Trump rally unrest in Cali... 2 min woodtick57 221
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min Denny CranesPlace 58,810
News 'Atheists, homosexuals and transgender individu... 3 min Robin Hood 4
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 3 min Patrick 50,926
News Cruz, Clinton, Young lead in polls by Downs Cen... 4 min Sue4BERNIE2016 6
News Trump pressed on 'woman card,' foreign policy 5 min urineidiot 51
News Violence follows California Trump rally, about ... 12 min Joe Fortuna 186
News Obama out: US President delivers last White Hou... 20 min Denny CranesPlace 45
More from around the web