The President has failed us

Full story: Times News

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Comments (Page 7,858)

Showing posts 157,141 - 157,160 of217,930
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand the thinking of some using a ER for minor crap.. The only time I been in them is from the ride the paramedics provided.. Most of the time I just wait there till a room is opened up in the CCU.. Twice I went to get some stiches from auto accidents where people pulled out it front me me.. But everytime I had insurance.. I think the aca law is a mistake and always will.. But put some teeth into it and pass a law that allows hospital's to refuse treatment if you don't have insurance..
Eagle
Is compassion a necessary component of healthcare?
http://blog.practicalethics.ox.ac.uk/2013/09/...
So, if we consider these modes of compassion necessary, we must ensure working conditions are such that healthcare professionals are always able to manifest these requisite attitudes and manners of care.
STD free

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Sparkle wrote:
just checked out my healthcare exchange.... I will qualify for free healthcare... yes... the first time I have had health coverage in 10 years
Based upon $249 a mo read the small print otherwise why would they ask for your bank routing # and account #. You have been lied too. There is a planned 25,000,000 man march to Washington DC should be very interesting and could get very bloody!!!!!!!
racer42

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"sparkless"
Are you serious? I would hope not. Folks that paid in to Social Security, under duress, they had no choice, should give that money back It is their money dummy.
Get a life. Get a brain.
Peace
KMA
To late, all the brains have been taken.

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Big Birds Nest..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Sir Ghost Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
State disability is different from SS... It's a state disability insurance.. It is what you pay into along and it is time limited on a temporary basis... They calculate your last four quarters of net salary and pay you the highest quarter earnings.... I believe you went to the state unemployment office to file/apply for it..
Maybe not all states have that... I don't know...
I don't know anything about state disability but I do know SSD is based on what you payed into the system.. Not that I got to worry about it since I wont live long enough.. But I wonder if someone on SSD reaches retirement age will their benefits be cut?? Posters here are not ever going to discuss the issue but I would like to know..

Eagle
Hamlet the Racer

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

racer42 wrote:
<quoted text>
There used to be another brain dead, clue less, moron posting from Belvue, Wa. Your brother per chance. Did you give him aids as well.
That's right, you should remember. You got a Oscar for that one right! great acting!
STD free

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Sparkle wrote:
<quoted text>Hey BTW just thought you would be happy that I qualify for free health coverage

Democrats care about the people
Again read the small print. It's only free until you get a required welfare to work within 12 months. If you don't get a job you get fined and it gets taken out of your IRS refund. But when you get a job you are required to pay min $249 a mo like the rest of us. Not enough money to pay car payment govt does not care and the repo man cometh to take your car. I bet you have Target Red Card where you save 5% on your debits. Problem is it charges you 29% annual percentage rateto use your own money. Florida attorney general's office is planning to use federal agents to sieze records from Target and management will be facing racketeering charges!!!!!! Target will be no more!!!!!!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Dequin wrote:
Take it easy with those comments about Obama, and try
to understand the vision he is following.
People who are oppsing Obama are the ones who are actually ruining the nation.
Youīve got to understand that he is an idealist.
So-lets get those ideals transacted and then thereīll
still be time to be down to earth for eighty more
years, until the next idealist comes along.
Itīs that simple, really: Donīt keep blocking Obama,
just work along with him, Iīd say, if you donīt
want to end up empty-handed as a nation!
Obama ia almost as bad as Gorbatchov, but he may just be that bitter pill that any nation needs to swallow every now and then!
For Whose ideals?

“If Everyone's Talking”

Since: Jun 10

Who's listening?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know anything about state disability but I do know SSD is based on what you payed into the system.. Not that I got to worry about it since I wont live long enough.. But I wonder if someone on SSD reaches retirement age will their benefits be cut?? Posters here are not ever going to discuss the issue but I would like to know..
Eagle
When a person on SSDI reaches retirement age, the higher of the two benefits is received. They don't lose anything. SSDI is calculated exactly as Social Security retirement benefits are. It's simply taking the benefit early if you become disabled before retirement age.
STD free

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Sparkle wrote:
<quoted text>well I am a stripper and prostitute in seattle so it fits perfect... thanks for playing

don't forget your conselation price near the door as you exit
You are dumb enough to admit you are prostitute on worldwide web? Lets just say I have already traced your IP address and it is so easy. Thanks for making our lives so easy!!!!
radha

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Mujhe chudna he

“ON THE PROWL”

Big Birds Nest..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Sir Ghost Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
At least you are honest about it... You can ask the pharmacist, but unless they know your medical history, the dr is the best route to go....
Pharmacist count pills and thats their job.. Some docs like to fck with your over your scripts.. Take my temazepam for example.. All my prior docs wrote 6 month scripts and this new one only does one month at a time.. I said to my family member's let him refuse to fill one my scripts on you will see a new docs name on the bottle.. Anyway after playing the game for 4 months he finally got wise and filled if for 90 days.. I was kinda shocked since the docs and pharmacist all consider it a "controlled substance" and would only give you 30 pills at a time even if you had 5 refills left.. But anyway isn't every pill you get from a pharmacy considered a controlled substance's??

Eagle
SparkleShines

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

STD free wrote:
<quoted text>
Again read the small print. It's only free until you get a required welfare to work within 12 months. If you don't get a job you get fined and it gets taken out of your IRS refund. But when you get a job you are required to pay min $249 a mo like the rest of us. Not enough money to pay car payment govt does not care and the repo man cometh to take your car. I bet you have Target Red Card where you save 5% on your debits. Problem is it charges you 29% annual percentage rateto use your own money. Florida attorney general's office is planning to use federal agents to sieze records from Target and management will be facing racketeering charges!!!!!! Target will be no more!!!!!!
no worrys I don't own a car... nor do I have credit or credit cards... wouldn't get a income tax refund check even if I did work given i'm in default on my student loans.... and no i'm not going to get a job now at this point in my life... why bother
STD free

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Sparkle wrote:
love how the rich repuglicans hate that others are actually gonna have health care... aaaawh what a shame
Your spelling and grammar explains why you belong to the Dumbocrat Party!!!!!!
SparkleShines

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

STD free wrote:
<quoted text>
You are dumb enough to admit you are prostitute on worldwide web? Lets just say I have already traced your IP address and it is so easy. Thanks for making our lives so easy!!!!
oooohhh i'm so worried

lock me up at a cost to you of 47,000 a year please want my address to

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Eagle
Your SSDI will convert to Social Security. Your Medicaid with convert to Medicare.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Sparkle wrote:
<quoted text>gee that's odd given I haven't had health insurance in over 10 years now.... but I will after the 1st of the year
And you said you weren't paying for it. Who do you think IS paying for it?

Engage brain prior to posting

“Extremism is no virtue”

Since: Mar 07

My orchids in bloom

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Currently, corporate law is regional. Each state has it's own set of corporate laws. Like the article stated, all those laws are pretty much the same. They hold the CEO and corporate officers responsible for one thing only. Make a profit for the corporation and its shareholders. We need to create a national set of corporate laws which overrides the individual states corporate laws forcing all corporations doing business in the U.S. to abide by the same set of rules.
Corporations will fight a blanket national law because they like the fact that no state will go alone to change their corporate laws fearing the loss of the corporate jobs to an adjoining state that doesn't change their corporate laws. It's also easy for a corporation to get several states competing over a lucrative proposal causing each of them to make better offers than the next providing tax exemptions, offering free land, using state resources to train a workforce, appointing corporate officials to provide corporate oversight, issuing public bonds to finance the start up, etc..
Having a unified set of corporate laws at the national level would make it harder for the corporation to pit one state against another for the best deal because the federal rules would override the states ability to compete against another state simply by rewriting their own corporate laws to the advantage of the corporation.
Here's the sticking point:

"Corporations will fight a blanket national law because they like the fact that no state will go alone to change their corporate laws fearing the loss of the corporate jobs to an adjoining state that doesn't change their corporate laws."

What congressional rep would introduce that kind of legislation?

The only way to deal with the issue you've raised is through legislation and health and safety regulations that would tie our partnership trade agreements into conforming to our own EPA and OSHA and LABOR regulations with our trading partners around the world.

Barring our ability to get compliance, we can impose penalties and/or tariffs on imported goods from countries which don't adopt the same standards that we have in place. This at least discourages outsourcing to Third World nations where labor is abused and employers are abusive, as well as in those parts of the world where there are no environmental regulations to restrict pollution.

At any rate, I have no objections to your approach. I just don't see how we circumvent the corporatists who exercise power over both houses of government.

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

positronium wrote:
<quoted text>For Whose ideals?
Obama rebukes 'irresponsible' Republicans in health care speech
http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09/...
Ridiculing Republicans at length and quoting some lawmakers' dire warnings about the consequences of the law, Obama said he will not be "blackmailed" with threats of default.

"I won’t negotiate on anything when it comes to the full faith and credit of the United States of America," he said.

Without naming him, Obama quoted New Hampshire state lawmaker Bill O'Brien, who called Obamacare "a law as destructive to personal and individual liberty as the Fugitive Slave Act of 1850."

"All this would be funny if it wasn't so crazy," he added.

Obama encouraged Americans to investigate the new plans online.

"Make up your own mind," he said. "I promise you if you go on the website and it turns out you're going to save a hundred, two hundred, three hundred dollars a month on your insurance - or you'll be able to buy insurance for the first time - even if you didn't vote for me, I'll bet you'll sign up for that health care plan."
Quirky

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

STD free wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Sir Ghost Rider said earlier. That's just some Idgit looking for a reaction from the posters here. No sense in wasting your time replying to it. Or wasting your time even giving it Judge-it`s.

“ON THE PROWL”

Big Birds Nest..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Sparkle wrote:
<quoted text>Hey BTW just thought you would be happy that I qualify for free health coverage
Democrats care about the people
Good have you looked at the deductables and co-pay's?? Here's a bit of knowledge for ya.. You still have to pay them and my Orlando doc was charging 190 for a office visit to my insurance company and they gave him 90.. So he would charge me the 90 when I didn't have insurance.. So while you might have a bronze card you still have to pay 40% for that doc visit which will be about 90 bucks out of pocket..

Eagle

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 157,141 - 157,160 of217,930
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••