The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 387901 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#169586 Aug 11, 2013
Occupy-Chicago wrote:
<quoted text>
As a Christian we are thought to love thy neighbors. And judge you not unless you be judged.
I take this as I love the opposite sex if fact I am crazy about the opposite sex. It sounds like you may like the opposite sex as well. But there are those on here who may like the same sex. My view on that is simple I don’t care; it is not my place to judge. Even if I do think homosexuality is a sin that is a problem between god and that person not me. I cannot stop you from sinning but I don’t have to help you sin either. And I can say I disagree with your life style. I could say that about a lot of heterosexual’s people I know as well
God Bless you and keep the post coming :)
Some believe they see image of Mary, Jesus outside North Providence church
http://www.providencejournal.com/breaking-new...
Asked if she believed it was Mary as she headed to the church, Andreozzi said: "We need a miracle the way this country is going, the turmoil that we are in. Absolutely, I believe."

“Tutte le strade portano a Roma”

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#169587 Aug 11, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
You take topix way to serious.
LOL!
Posi's a modern day Don Quixote,
He creates monsters out of windmills...

#169588 Aug 11, 2013
freebird wrote:
Wow! It seems that the rich are only getting richer under Obama and the Dems. I'm sure the government union workers are benefitting also.
"NEW YORK (CNNMoney)
Investors are hoping that a fresh batch of economic data will breathe life back into stock markets this week.
All three major indexes shed about 1% last week.
However, the market hasn't lost much of its momentum. The Dow Jones Industrial Average, S&P 500 and Nasdaq are all up between 18% and 23% so far this year."
Opinion: Banks strike gold in aluminum scam
http://www.northjersey.com/news/opinions/alum...
IN 1909, as one of the scores of short pictures he turned out that year, D.W. Griffith directed “A Corner in Wheat,” a 14-minute film adaptation of a story by the populist antitrust novelist Frank Norris. In it, a Wall Street speculator buys up so much of America’s wheat and keeps it off the market that prices soar and millions — including the farm family Griffith shows laboring in the fields — go hungry.

Location hidden

#169589 Aug 11, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"hoe"
You are way off base. I consider you a tool for the liberal loons, thus the word "hoe" a tool. As to KMA check below;
K indly
M ontana U
A lum
Peace
KMA
Queazy head, why don't you GFYMITA!
Go
Fix
Your
Mullet
In
The
Afternoon

“dystopian proles”

Since: Feb 09

ludovico

#169590 Aug 11, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't know Jesus if he slapped you upside the head...which I have a feeling may happen any minute now.
BROTHER LOVE'S TRAVELING SALVATION SHOW

http://youtu.be/WAZq5xIsFTk

Neil Diamond
[somewheeremaybevideos]

Location hidden

#169591 Aug 11, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, you're a retired one percenter living your life on topix...I forgot.
:p
LMAO!
His b.s. is very forgettable.
Lyin' like a mofo is one of his ticker meds side effects.

Location hidden

#169592 Aug 11, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a legend in your own mind pos.
You know why I fail to push my "agenda"?
Because I don't have one!
I tend to get my point across, make my message clear and whip your topix addicted a*s every time we cross paths, but there isn't an agenda in sight.
That's your game.
LOL!
Sometimes I feel sorry for these morons, but only for about a minute...

#169593 Aug 11, 2013
anne bonny wrote:
<quoted text>
BROTHER LOVE'S TRAVELING SALVATION SHOW
http://youtu.be/WAZq5xIsFTk
Neil Diamond
[somewheeremaybevideos]
A Shuffle of Aluminum, but to Banks, Pure Gold
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/21/business/a-...
Hundreds of millions of times a day, thirsty Americans open a can of soda, beer or juice. And every time they do it, they pay a fraction of a penny more because of a shrewd maneuver by Goldman Sachs and other financial players that ultimately costs consumers billions of dollars.

The inflated aluminum pricing is just one way that Wall Street is flexing its financial muscle and capitalizing on loosened federal regulations to sway a variety of commodities markets, according to financial records, regulatory documents and interviews with people involved in the activities.

The maneuvering in markets for oil, wheat, cotton, coffee and more have brought billions in profits to investment banks like Goldman, JPMorgan Chase and Morgan Stanley, while forcing consumers to pay more every time they fill up a gas tank, flick on a light switch, open a beer or buy a cellphone. In the last year, federal authorities have accused three banks, including JPMorgan, of rigging electricity prices, and last week JPMorgan was trying to reach a settlement that could cost it $500 million.

Using special exemptions granted by the Federal Reserve Bank and relaxed regulations approved by Congress, the banks have bought huge swaths of infrastructure used to store commodities and deliver them to consumers — from pipelines and refineries in Oklahoma, Louisiana and Texas; to fleets of more than 100 double-hulled oil tankers at sea around the globe; to companies that control operations at major ports like Oakland, Calif., and Seattle.

Location hidden

#169594 Aug 11, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
I've noticed that also, Jax.
They actually promote the very things they claim to be against. I don't think there's enough intelligence among the lot of them to even know what a "democratic society" means. They seem to favor draconian tactics like dictators and fascists.
Apparently, this group thinks freedom is only for those they decide deserve it.
Most irrefutable post your Highness!
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#169596 Aug 11, 2013
This is the kind of shit that I'm talking about. I just made out my check for my electric bill, and was charged $9.40 because CA thinks I should pay for the poor(lots of illegal alien kids in the mix I'm sure). It's bullshit!!!

"Let the Energy Savings Assistance Program help you conserve energy and save money. For income-qualified customers, we’ll provide free appliances* and installation of energy-efficient refrigerators, air conditioners and more, as well as home efficiency solutions like weatherization that will help you save energy and money every day.

*In some instances you may be required to pay a co-payment"
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#169597 Aug 11, 2013
VorenusI wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
Sometimes I feel sorry for these morons, but only for about a minute...
Is that minute you pulled your head out of your ass to come up for air?
Quirky

Brighton, CO

#169598 Aug 11, 2013
Joshua Tree

Jacksonville, FL

#169599 Aug 11, 2013
VorenusI wrote:
<quoted text>
Most irrefutable post your Highness!
Only 36 posts huh?

You being new, here's some advice, I would recommend to stay away from Rose, she's very bad news and a perennial troublemaker.

You'll thank me later on down the road I'm sure.
Welcome to Topix!

#169602 Aug 11, 2013
A rock star's welcome, with hope for change
http://www.lowellsun.com/todaysheadlines/ci_2...
In Cambodia, corrupt government officials continue to grow richer by trampling on the human rights of the rest, said Lak, an engineer from Providence, R.I., who was deported from the communist-ruled country 30 years ago. But, seeing fellow expatriates stand united with Rainsy -- the opposition party leader who says he won the minister post in last month's general election -- is giving Lak hope that changes are coming.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#169603 Aug 11, 2013
Joshua Tree wrote:
<quoted text>
Only 36 posts huh?
You being new, here's some advice, I would recommend to stay away from Rose, she's very bad news and a perennial troublemaker.
You'll thank me later on down the road I'm sure.
Welcome to Topix!
He/she isn't new!

#169604 Aug 11, 2013
freebird wrote:
This is the kind of shit that I'm talking about. I just made out my check for my electric bill, and was charged $9.40 because CA thinks I should pay for the poor(lots of illegal alien kids in the mix I'm sure). It's bullshit!!!
"Let the Energy Savings Assistance Program help you conserve energy and save money. For income-qualified customers, we’ll provide free appliances* and installation of energy-efficient refrigerators, air conditioners and more, as well as home efficiency solutions like weatherization that will help you save energy and money every day.
*In some instances you may be required to pay a co-payment"
Why is sales tax charged on soda can 'deposit'?
http://www.ocregister.com/taxdollars/strong-4...
"I have been trying to find out why I pay state sales on the CRV I am charged whenever I buy canned soda," Tom Dimuro wrote to us at The Register. "I have asked several store managers and they tell me that they have also tried to get the answer to the same question to NO avail."

Well, Tom, that's what we're here for. It turns out that while many folks think of the 5-or-10-cent California Refund Value (CRV) as a deposit, it is, in fact, no such thing. To wit:

"The charge for California Redemption Value (CRV) is not a deposit, but a fee imposed on the distributor of the beverage," the state explains. "The fee is passed along to the retailer and to you as the consumer. Although separately stated, the fee is subject to tax as part of the taxable selling price of the beverage."

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#169605 Aug 11, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just enjoying the h*ll out of this little show you "guys" are putting on this morning.
A liberal jester should as a daily discovery of one's ignorance would equate to one's continuing education of which one could also derive such enjoyment.

#169606 Aug 11, 2013
Saugatuck lawmaker wants to close bottle deposit loophole in Michigan's Bridge Card program
http://whtc.com/news/articles/2013/jul/29/sau...
There are reports that some bridge card recipients will use the cards to buy soda-pop, pour out the contents and then cash in the bottle deposits to buy drugs, tobacco or alcohol.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#169607 Aug 11, 2013
Bahhad Penny wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no more "rallying around a cause" and getting the job done with unity today. Everything that is brought up has to have the hard "Divide and Conquer" pushed in our faces in an attempt to squeak out a slight edge to get what they want.
Obviously many people like that way and think it works great but I just think it will be what causes the the divide that will cause our fall.
But only if we allow ourselves to succumb to all of this foolishness that they spew.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#169608 Aug 11, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
He/she isn't new!
Neither is "Joshua".

Just an old troll that had to get a new proxy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Grey Ghost 1,394,731
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Limbertwig 228,467
News Donald Trump: Brexit is sign of independence de... 6 min kuda 103
News Lewis victory in Congress taken from civil righ... 17 min kuda 5
News African-Americans should start voting for Repub... 21 min PayupSucka 146
News The View that Putin's Advisor Has on Obama's Uk... (Nov '14) 21 min HNC 5,994
News Obama to seek healing in Orlando even as politi... 31 min payme 56
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 1 hr Go Blue Forever 898
News Boston Globe's front page: AR-15, 'Make It Stop' 7 hr maybe 398
More from around the web