The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 404315 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Ephraim Zimbalist Junior

Chicago, IL

#159694 Jul 17, 2013
Part Two

America’s Obsession with the Racist Within

That candidly sums up the state of American racism, which is a problem searching for a problem. But that is different than the state of American race relations, which is characterized by suspicion, irritation, guilt and occasional explosions carefully stirred up and set off by an entire field of professional provocateurs in academia and the media.

One of the greater fallacies of racism is to assume that it equates to race relations. It does not. The problem of racism involved the way that governments and people behaved toward each other. That’s different than how people see each other. That form of racism, like the monsters that began pouring out of the brains of patients lying cushioned on the psychoanalyst’s couch, is not something that we can or should be dealing with.

America works pretty well when it comes to the unofficial form of race-relations that involves people working and living together without killing each other. It would work even better without a racism industry whose entire reason for existence is to turn racism into the thing that we should always be talking about and always be conscious of at any time of the day.

Racial consciousness is grievance consciousness. Take any members of two ethnic groups with an ugly history and tell them that they constantly need to think about those old grudges and discover how those grudges lead to them being mistreated in the present and you would have the same perfect storm of outraged entitlement, racial paranoia and grievance theater that you do now with race relations.

America does not have a racism problem. It has a problem obsessing about racism. The obsession isn’t black or white, it comes out of the ranks of academics and activists who use it to disrupt society while profiting from the havoc. The Trayvon Martin case is only one of countless cases dug up and deployed by the racism industry to maintain this perpetual consciousness of grievance at the expense of social harmony.

Grievances don’t go away when you constantly demand an absolute justice that no human being is equipped to provide. They go away when you let go of the grievances and try to live together. It may seem easier for white people to say that, but reducing the complex mix of identities and histories of the vast majority of the population, many with their own histories of oppression, to “white people” is exactly the kind of facile unthinking bigotry that the racism industry cultivates.

America is a second chance. Not a place to forget who you are, but a place to discover who you might have become without that historical boot on your chest. That’s not what it always was, but that’s what it is today. It suffers from social dysfunction, but it is probably the least racist place in the world. Like its technological and cultural achievements, this social achievement is buried under a million tons of hate, denial and venom from a left that exists only to undermine America.

There is no bright future waiting for those who choose to become collaborators in fulfilling the self-fulfilling prophecies of the Anti-American left. The very cynicism and pessimism embodied in that worldview, the certainty of failure implicit in its obsession with racial consciousness, is pregnant with their doom. The morass of Detroit, the miasma of Newark and the wreck of Oakland isn’t the labor of white racism; it’s that same self-fulfilling prophecy that too many in the black community have chosen to collaborate in bringing about.

Faith in nothing but the power of racism leads to a hopeless future.

http://frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield/amer...

Since: Jun 10

Redwood City, CA

#159697 Jul 17, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I know she is. I know her son and ex husband.
Liar.

Redwood City, CA

#159698 Jul 17, 2013
The Weather Man wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what I have noticed. Both you and NTR have this need to not only defend one another but to speak for one another and do the others' explaining.
At least what they are posting they have the credibility where you and NTR don't. Do you think it has to do with the fact that you two lie?
LOL! You really are reaching and getting desperate again I see.

The TRUTH is NTR and I very seldom defend one another, and we never speak for one another. You are the liar as always. But I'll stand up for anyone, anytime I please.

All of you idiots stand up for each other and defend all your lies and insults.

We don't lie, but you, Quirky, POS, Ralff, Ferrell and the rest of you moronic haters lie daily.

You're really on a role tonight, GR. You must be three sheets to the wind by now. Your posts always get longer and more stupid and dishonest. You're needy for attention, and it shows. The more you need to be noticed, the more outrageous your lies get, and the more your little socks and flunkies come out of the woodwork to back up your lying ass.

Hahhahahahaha!
Juror B37

Fremont, CA

#159701 Jul 17, 2013
The Weather Man wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think you and NTR look like?
Who wears the strap on? Or do you take turns?
"Hahahahahahaha!"
Is it still as funny as you thought it was?
It's a double headed 20 incher and they share it at the same time sir.

Redwood City, CA

#159702 Jul 17, 2013
The Weather Man wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think you and NTR look like?
Who wears the strap on? Or do you take turns?
"Hahahahahahaha!"
Is it still as funny as you thought it was?
Like I said, you've obviously been drinking, and you're getting more vulgar and abusive.

It's a pattern of yours. I think your problem is sad and very serious.

AA.com

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#159708 Jul 17, 2013
House votes to delay parts of health care law
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57594264/...
The dual political-show votes marked the 38th time the GOP majority has tried to eliminate, defund or scale back the unpopular law since Republicans took control of the House in January 2011. The House legislation stands no chance in the Democratic-run Senate.

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#159709 Jul 17, 2013
Fear of a Racist Country
http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/...
That may seem unlikely to anyone who actually travels to any of the places in the world that still have slavery. They are much less concerned with media images of black people over in Mauritania which still has slavery. There’s not a lot of interest in white privilege over in Sudan, where actual genocide is still taking place. And if you get a chance, stop by Papua, where Obama’s friendly Indonesian step-folks are still killing black people.

But that’s actual racism. We don’t have real racism. What we have are cashiers writing insulting things on receipts, landlords who occasionally prefer not to rent to black people and the occasional drunken idiot who starts shouting slurs at a black man. It’s not exactly up there with genocide, but fortunately the racism industry has supplemented it by denouncing every movie and television show ever made and every police or even non-police shooting involving a black man as racist.
The Weather Man

Murrieta, CA

#159710 Jul 17, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>That site is tracking the identities of those who enter it. I sent it a phish.
How are they able to do that if you give them nothing?
Seeking Answers

Saint Louis, MO

#159712 Jul 17, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, you've obviously been drinking, and you're getting more vulgar and abusive.
It's a pattern of yours. I think your problem is sad and very serious.
AA.com
You do understand that the person in your avatar pic is long dead and gone right? And that the judge and jury has spoken? That our system of jurisprudence has spoken to the best of her ability? That it's done? It's over? It's finished? That our American system of justice prevailed over an angry mob?

What you're condoning is the exact same thing that racists condoned in the 1960's. Only in reverse.

Do you want to return to the days when an angry mob could pull you out of a courtroom and lynch you in front of the courthouse like they did to blacks in the 1960's? Racism works two ways you know.

Then why do you have that incendiary pro riot racist photo as your account pic?

You do know that that particular photo is the national protest face for mob action, mob rule and mayhem, correct?

So, why display it as I find it offensive and a slap in the face of the Judicial Branch of our nations government, which has spoken.

Especially at this juncture of a tinderbox of race relations as is occurring as I type in this country because of pot stirrers like you.
VN Vet

Richmond, VA

#159713 Jul 17, 2013
There is racism all over the world. All races and countries have dislikes of others. The REAL problem the world has now is radical Islamists. Any idiot who is so uneducated and brainwashed as to kill oneself or child for religion or anything else is a dangerous fool. Here in a time when this is going on, we are hit with black on white hatred, and all the time OUR government is hiding the truth about SO many things from us citizens(TWA flight 800, Benghazi, IRS, etc.). Don't we have enough problems without adding to them and having our officials lying to us daily? Obama has failed us, but he isn't the only one, and all parties. We can't trust anyone in politics anymore. Vote or impeach them all out of office and start over, WITH TERM LIMITS. If they break the law, put them in prison for life.
Martinez Athiest St Gang

Brighton, CO

#159714 Jul 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Liar.
You been getin all Banger and Ch!t WTF Weirdo ????
The Weather Man

Murrieta, CA

#159715 Jul 17, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, Your right about your first part of the comment. It certainly won`t do any good to go out and do the same kind of violence these people do. Thanks
Sometimes its a b!tch being right. When and if the times come, we will give them exactly what they deserve. Hopefully they will gain some "common sense". You're welcome.

Redwood City, CA

#159716 Jul 17, 2013
Seeking Answers wrote:
<quoted text>
You do understand that the person in your avatar pic is long dead and gone right? And that the judge and jury has spoken? That our system of jurisprudence has spoken to the best of her ability? That it's done? It's over? It's finished? That our American system of justice prevailed over an angry mob?
What you're condoning is the exact same thing that racists condoned in the 1960's. Only in reverse.
Do you want to return to the days when an angry mob could pull you out of a courtroom and lynch you in front of the courthouse like they did to blacks in the 1960's? Racism works two ways you know.
Then why do you have that incendiary pro riot racist photo as your account pic?
You do know that that particular photo is the national protest face for mob action, mob rule and mayhem, correct?
So, why display it as I find it offensive and a slap in the face of the Judicial Branch of our nations government, which has spoken.
Especially at this juncture of a tinderbox of race relations as is occurring as I type in this country because of pot stirrers like you.
LMAO! You're full of chit.

You're the one stirring the pot over an avatar pic.

I'll use anything I choose in my avatar, and there's not a thing you can do about it.

It's curious though that this one pic unnerves so many of you, and you pretend to care anything about Trayvon Martin when we all know you don't.

I'm showing my respect toward Trayvon Martin and his family. It's part of my First Amendment rights.

GFY! Hahhahaah!
Martinez Athiest St Gang

Brighton, CO

#159717 Jul 17, 2013
I was hopin I could turn Jane Lynch Straight??

What you`s think?
The Weather Man

Murrieta, CA

#159718 Jul 17, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
"N" word! ROTFLMAO!!! The rioters are "N". "N" isn't a color, just look in the mirror and you'll see one.
He ain't very smart is he?

Redwood City, CA

#159719 Jul 17, 2013
You people stir up trouble over anything and everything, then lie about your concern for a dead teenager.

Freakin' hypocrites.
Jeff

Mount Hope, WV

#159720 Jul 17, 2013
You people stir up trouble over anything and everything, then lie about your concern for a dead teenager.
Freakin' hypocrites.
And you do not have any concern for a dead baby. Antonio Angel Santiago.
Carlsbad bound

Los Angeles, CA

#159721 Jul 17, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Touch a nerve? No, just because you read that on Stormfront doesn't make it true. Like I said, it's rhetoric created to manipulate and rationalize racism and bigotry.
Why don't you just accept what you are and move on?
Precisely,
Old fart Posi speaks in circles, posting much and saying nothing,
kinda like Weathered GR.
The Weather Man

Murrieta, CA

#159722 Jul 17, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
If Zimmerman is a white Hispanic, then what would Obama be since his mother was white?
He would be a mixture white trash and "N" that stinks like shyt.That is just my uneducated guess and opinion as I never really put much thought to it as it has appeared to me that Obama only claims the black part in him which makes him a racist towards whites. Is he pissed at his mom for the mixture? Or is Mischelle telling him he ain't black enough?

Now if I were to put it in politically correct terms he would be a white ??? Hmmmmm. That's a good question freebird. He's never referred to himself as being biracial. Do you think if we e-mailed that question to him he would answer it. Better yet, let's send it to Jay Carney and see how he dodges the question. LOL
Carlsbad bound

Los Angeles, CA

#159723 Jul 17, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL! You really are reaching and getting desperate again I see.
The TRUTH is NTR and I very seldom defend one another, and we never speak for one another. You are the liar as always. But I'll stand up for anyone, anytime I please.
All of you idiots stand up for each other and defend all your lies and insults.
We don't lie, but you, Quirky, POS, Ralff, Ferrell and the rest of you moronic haters lie daily.
You're really on a role tonight, GR. You must be three sheets to the wind by now. Your posts always get longer and more stupid and dishonest. You're needy for attention, and it shows. The more you need to be noticed, the more outrageous your lies get, and the more your little socks and flunkies come out of the woodwork to back up your lying ass.
Hahhahahahaha!
As Kevin Harlan calls it:
Right between the eyes!!
LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 3 min President Donald ... 14,926
News Cooper names NC governor transition team Read S... 3 min Retired SOF 17
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min Dogen 217,099
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 4 min Denny CranesPlace 2,185
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Chicagoan by Birth 1,460,388
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Rogue Scholar 05 231,226
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 7 min berklee 3,204
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 25 min Faith Michigan 686
News Obama orders investigation into election hackin... 1 hr Black Rhino 30
More from around the web