The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 370033 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Since: Feb 11

Nearer than you would like

#155765 Jul 7, 2013
Neighborhood Robo Cop wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how many illegals this place employs opr has in their supply chain that doesn't practice personal hygiene, and or is a diseased employee?
Chit.
It's simple!
Listeria is yet another disease that has been reintroduced along with typhus, whooping cough, black lung tuberculosis etc., by the illegal alien.
What next?
H1N1 or worse?
Wow.

Get out of your double-wide trailer once in a while and maybe you'll learn about this thing called world travel. The CDC cites it as the leading concern for global viral outbreak.'Jim Bob' from Waterloo. WI can return to his job as manager at the dairy following his vacation and serve as host to numerous infectious diseases. He is far more likely the culprit.

Those of us whole live abroad see airport decontamination procedures utilized with regularity. Australia and New Zealand have some of the most stringent and it has NOTHING to do with human carriers. As an example, I spent some R&R in Auckland last year. A buddy brought his golf clubs and shoes along. Both were confiscated because they had vegetation on them. Grass and weeds carry bugs as well as chemicals. At the 2008 Olympics, horses carried disease to Hong Kong, an island. Some were not able to compete in equestrian events. Their handlers were just fine though.

Do learn before typing.

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#155766 Jul 7, 2013
Hemp in Wisconsin; a perfect climate and soil for growing marijuana
http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighb...
The economic possibilities of hemp cultivation are not limited to farming. The integration of an essentially new material into the productive world would also unlock the potential for growth in manufacturing, warehousing, distribution, and retail. And of course that growth would be accompanied by new jobs.

Perhaps the greatest productive potential lies in hemp’s usefulness is specialty products and in niche markets. Whether it could ever become as ubiquitous as cotton or flax is doubtful but certainly not impossible.

Of course, growers of cotton and flax have an interest in keeping any competition at bay. Powerful, determined lobbying efforts should be expected to contest legalization endeavors.

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Ocala, FL

#155767 Jul 7, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
He can still be found guilty of manslaughter. Don't break out your beer and pretzels just yet.
I expect you to disagree.
I wouldn't celebrate either way but the way I see it second degree with be found not guilty.. Regarding manslaughter I see the jury split like 2 for and 4 against.. I am no expert but I wonder if the state can retry on just the manslaughter charge alone?? I just seen the states case falling apart and helping the defense.. I found it interesting the states medical examiner kept changing his "opinions" on several things and not even caring about protocol of what goes on in his own crime lab..

Eagle

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Ocala, FL

#155768 Jul 7, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text> QUOTING YOU: "I wish I was able to afford the food they do....." END QUOTE.
Get a job. Why didn't you prepare better? Don't blame them for lousy choices you've made in life. You should have gotten an education.
Okay, now I'm actually rolling my eyes over here. This is actually a VERY revealing post, "Reality". This is what I keep telling that Aurora troll about your kind.
"Get a job. Why didn't you prepare better? Don't blame them for lousy choices you've made in life. You should have gotten an education."

Wow you are now sounding like GR..

Eagle
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#155769 Jul 7, 2013
Reality wrote:
I have a relative who works at Walmarts.
She was getting off of work the other day and shop for a few grocery items before going home.
When she went into one aisle to get bread, there were two illegal Mexicans (two women)with two carts filled to the max and about 5 children running wild.
One woman approached her and said: "speak Spanish?"
She told them no. The woman then show her a WIC card and pointed to the foods. My niece thought, this woman wants me to show her which foods are covered by WIC......my niece said she walked away.
She told me, its not enough we work and have our earnings stolen by this gov. to give illegal aliens free food, healthcare, rent, etc. Now they want us to interpret for them.
They come here illegally, they syphon the benefits, they do not speak English, they know exactly what they are doing....she knew what WIC is, didn't she.
They sponge off of us and then with the aid of the American government laugh at us.
I wish I was able to afford the food they do.....
Our government is a tyrant. Watch out.
There are also a lot of senior citizens in the same situation. While the illegal vermin and their spawn get all kinds of benefits, the working poor are barely getting by.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#155770 Jul 7, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Get a job. Why didn't you prepare better? Don't blame them for lousy choices you've made in life. You should have gotten an education."
Eagle
I don't think NTR meant that is how she thinks. The funny thing is the far right will say things like that, but so does the far left especially if they work/worked for the unionized government, unless they are talking about the "poor" illegal vermin.

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#155771 Jul 7, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Eagle
Seriously. She is saying she wishes she could afford to eat as well as people receiving foodstamps? Really? How can one claim one worked and earned their way and not eat as well as somebody on foodstamps? It doesn't add up, does it. If you're dirt poor, but not quite poor enough for foodstamps, okay. Maybe. It's not impossible, I suppose. But, overall, the champions of the wealthy are themselves blue collar right wingers who have been suckered into that kind of support and who are resentful of those even worse off than themselves - because of government subsidy they receive that makes their lives better (or at least appears to do so).

I don't think those on welfare should live as well as those who work or who worked thirty years or so. Really, I don't. It does nothing but cause resentment. So, I suggest that employers should pay a living wage, and they should resume affording their employees benefits that enable them to retire with a decent (read adequate) standard of living ABOVE the poverty level.

Most of the angry droves of right wingers never earned enough to invest, never were afforded a pension or a 401-k, nor could they fund an individual IRA or annuity. They lived paycheck to paycheck, and when the plant closed its' doors in the Great Recession or due to outsourcing, they couldn't find jobs that paid a decent wage or even a full time job at all. They struggled and struggle to make it to the age of retirement and will live out their days on poverty level social security benefits having missed the quarterly contributions they needed to contribute and having lost pension benefits.

These Americans need to refocus their anger and know who it is who screwed them and continues to screw them. It certainly isn't the poorest among us.

“This is all a game”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#155772 Jul 7, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. BTW, are you still a la raza automaton.
?? What ?? ok missy try it again...slowly.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#155773 Jul 7, 2013
Inequality is the base root to the USA’s problems. Inequality is a Right Wing Thingy. Advocating aristocratic ideologies with their puppet dictators to follow. Evade, and projection of their Right Wing Inequality Polices onto the Left. So lets step back 80 years and get a clearer picture as to who is , of the two party’s is the better party for the stewardship of our nation’s health.

A mathematical investigation was produced by the statisticians Pedro Santa Clara and Rossen Valkanov that exposes the superior performance of the stock markets under democrats. That this is but one example of the democrat’s superiority, as there are more.
Their study encompasses 80 years. Study demonstrates systematically and positively surprised by democratic policies. Comparing the stewardship of the two parties. They calculated each economic indicator as an “annual average” during the democrats and republicans of their economic stewardship of their 40 years each. Turns out to be a landslide for democrats providing beneficial returns to the nation. One example; Democrat’s presided over a very respectable average annual compound return of 9.60% during their 40 years where in as republicans averaged a dismal 0.58%.
Consider this; a 401K plan invested in stocks and had a value of $100,000 at the beginning of the 40 years. Democrats would accumulate in compound interest $ 3,912,210 where in as republicans would only produce $126,027 . Another example; “IF” an employee were to invest $5,000 per year into their 401K for 40 years in a democratic stewardship the employee would have $1,985,526 in the bank. Where as the republican would produce a dismal $224,375.
That republicans advocate that they are good for businesses is false as compared to the democrats
Another interesting fact emerges within the statistical study. The income gap between the 99% and the top 1% has widened considerably under republicans. Averaging .49% as compared to the democrat’s .41% That is to say under republicans the income gap in 40 years, widened by 19.6% and narrowed 16.4%. Resulting in a 36% difference.
LOL on debt republicans increased debt by 2.5 times greater than that of the democrats. Republicans $7.1 Trillion vs. the democrats $2.8 Trillion.
GOP’s Self-Proclamation for economic dominance; in fact, is a misnomer to call the GOP a fiscal responsible party and or a smaller government, when in fact the contrary is true!
Obama’s administration indicates he sought the great leaders on these issue. Eccles and FDR, Clinton and O’Neill to do what is most productive for our nation.
Now pass on this one small example of the fallacies of the republican’s erroneous policies and deceptions.. Truth may be incompressible to the mentally handicap; and yet for the intellectual, none the less,…. there it is..

Posis boyfriend

Anaheim, CA

#155774 Jul 7, 2013
Posi is the other Judge it masturbator,
He's maintaining a FIRM grasp on 'em,
Until Quirky wakes up and takes over.

Good thing he's ambidextrous....

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#155775 Jul 7, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
There are also a lot of senior citizens in the same situation. While the illegal vermin and their spawn get all kinds of benefits, the working poor are barely getting by.
You made my point, but I didn't see this post because I was composing my own response. Yep. We're on the same page here as to why there is so much anger. Now, if folks would simply focus their anger on the real culprits - not the bait. Those illegal workers are business "tools" and business has simply found another work around in order to get more for less and force more of the costs onto consumers and taxpayers. They shouldn't get away with it. Who will stop them, and how can we do that?
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#155776 Jul 7, 2013
This supports t he claim I put forth on the failure of republicans and the success of democrats to manage the stewardship of our nation.
The Congressional Budget Office said the 2013 fiscal deficit would fall to about $642 billion, or 4 percent of G.D.P., about $200 billion less than it estimated just three months ago.
WASHINGTON — Since the recession ended four years ago, the federal budget deficit has topped $1 trillion every year. But now the government’s annual deficit is shrinking far faster than anyone in Washington expected, and perhaps even faster than many economists think is advisable for the health of the economy.
The agency forecast that the deficit, which topped 10 percent of gross domestic product in 2009, could shrink to as little as 2.1 percent of gross domestic product by 2015 — a level that most analysts say would be easily sustainable over the long run — before beginning to climb gradually through the rest of the decade.
"Revenues have been strong as the economy has outperformed a bit," said Joel Prakken, a founder of Macroeconomic Advisers, a forecasting firm based in St. Louis.
Over all, the figures demonstrate how the economic recovery has begun to refill the government’s coffers. At the same time, Washington, despite its republican political paralysis.
Republicans say perhaps too successful. Given that the economy continues to perform well below its potential and that unemployment has so far failed to fall below 7.5 percent, many economists are cautioning that the deficit is coming down too fast, too soon.
“It’s good news for the budget deficit and bad news for the jobs deficit,” said Jared Bernstein of the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.{R}
“I’m more worried about the latter.” OOOHHH scary..
Now Obama is showing his democratic colors of success in financials. With the government running a hefty $113 billion surplus in the tax payment month of April, according to the Treasury, analysts now do not expect the country to run out of room under its debt ceiling.
The $200 billion reduction to the estimated deficit comes not from the $85 billion in mandatory cuts known as sequestration, nor from the package of tax increases that Congress passed this winter to avoid the so-called fiscal cliff. The office had already incorporated those policy changes in its February forecast.
Republicans want Congress to agree for this year to serving as a partial brake on the recovery, cutting government jobs and preventing growth from accelerating to a more robust pace, many economists have warned. The International Monetary Fund has called the country’s pace of deficit reduction “overly strong,” arguing that Washington should delay some of its budget cuts while adopting a longer-term strategy to hold down future deficits.{R} Typical, small minds for small growth..
CBO is revising its estimates for the current year, the budget office also cut its projections of the 10-year cumulative deficit by $618 billion. Those longer-term adjustments are mostly a result of smaller projected outlays for the entitlement programs of Social Security, Medicaid and Medicare, as well as smaller interest payments on the debt. The C.B.O. has quietly erased hundreds of billions of dollars in projected government health spending over the last few years.
It did so again on Tuesday. In February, the budget office projected that the United States would spend about $8.1 trillion on Medicare and $4.4 trillion on Medicaid over the next 10 fiscal years. It now projects it will spend $7.9 trillion on Medicare and $4.3 trillion on Medicaid. Republicans “Chicken Little” is dying. Serving red herrings will return to the menu for their herd.

Since: Feb 11

Nearer than you would like

#155777 Jul 7, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
1) I don't disagree that we have people illegally living in the United States. However, receiving federal benefits has a number of caveats. If one is here illegally, it is illogical to believe they have the temerity to apply for benefits that could have them returned or incarcerated.

2) Do you know how the SNAP or EBT programs works? Illegal immigrants may receive benefits through a documented worker/family member who has been accepted by the programs.

3) There are plenty of citizens who suck the welfare teat - many able bodied.

4) What is the biggest budget matter in Congress each year? Social Security. I am far more upset by those who live within the top 2% who insist on taking SS funding when they don't need it. It was designed to keep people from dying in the streets not fund a vacation.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#155778 Jul 7, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>You made my point, but I didn't see this post because I was composing my own response. Yep. We're on the same page here as to why there is so much anger. Now, if folks would simply focus their anger on the real culprits - not the bait. Those illegal workers are business "tools" and business has simply found another work around in order to get more for less and force more of the costs onto consumers and taxpayers. They shouldn't get away with it. Who will stop them, and how can we do that?
As long as the Right says it's the Left, and the Left says it's the Right we will never stop them. I say they are both in this together.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#155779 Jul 7, 2013
As competitors increase their infrastructures to swamp us on the international free trade markets, education, innovations, health, and so on. Tea Potters suggest we cower away and give up. Pitiful Tea tainted strategy. Do not touch the 84% of wealth to the 20%.… Voucher and end social programs to the 80% for they only have 16% of the wealth. Teabagger’s intoxication is pitifully ignorant.
Bush had negative employment, as has 30 years of republican administrations. That demonstrates the lack of productivity to our national health. Bush Jr. handed over a rapidly failing government 4.5 years ago. With 750,000 a month increase to unemployment per month!! GDP to debt to 20%. No exit strategy to two blank check wars. You ask am I better off? What?? Look around you and take off your foxy glasses and observe for your self. In spite of all the Tea Flavored obstructions WAY better off.“OR” you would prefer 4 years back when ;

Predators that walk amongst us.
Paulson admits deregulation has failed us all

By MarketWatch
WASHINGTON (MarketWatch)-- You know things are very very bad on Wall Street when a guy like Henry Paulson -- Treasury secretary, solid Republican, and former Goldman Sachs CEO -- joins the crowd calling for more regulation over the financial markets.
Paulson spared no one in his criticism Thursday of the excesses of deregulation that has now created the worst global financial crisis in a generation, threatening the health of the U.S. economy, the savings of millions of Americans, and the survival of some of the biggest financial institutions in the world.
Wall Street and Washington both failed big time, he said. Wall Street invented new ways to make money by selling securities so complicated that no one could really follow which shell the pea was under. Fortunes were made on the paper Wall Street sold.
At the same time, Washington's watchdogs were dozing, tranquilized by the false assurance that Wall Street would police its own.
It's been obvious for years now that Wall Street could not be trusted, and finally official Washington agrees. The markets need a tougher cop to make sure that money-center banks, investment banks, credit-rating agencies, hedge funds, mortgage brokers and the rest don't let their own greed and arrogance ruin it for the rest of us.
"Regulation needs to catch up with innovation," Paulson said, and he was backed up by the rest of President Bush's working group on financial markets, including Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke and Securities and Exchange Commissioner Chris Cox. Not a commie among them.
The housing bubble wasn't a flaw; it was a predictable outcome of a system that rewarded smart people small fortunes for conjuring up ways to persuade people to borrow more than they could ever hope to pay back. All the profits were taken off the table quickly, but the staggering costs are only now being paid by homeowners, shareholders, builders and the rest of society.
Paulson's proposals won't necessarily prevent a recurrence, but they are a humble recognition that the centerpiece of two decades of Republican economic policy have failed.
-- Rex Nutting, Washington bureau chief
Republicans have not strayed from their previous agendas other than to increase the probabilities of failure.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#155780 Jul 7, 2013
The food stamp program is the second most expensive means-tested aid program. Food stamp spending has grown rapidly in recent years, from $19.8 billion in 2000 to $84.6 billion in 2011. Part of that growth is due to the recession, but under Obama’s proposed budget, food stamp spending will not return to pre-recession levels when the economy recovers. Instead, it will remain well above historic norms for the foreseeable future.

The food stamp program is old and fossilized. Aside from enormous increases in cost, it has remained basically unchanged since its creation in the 1960s. Unaffected by welfare reform in the 1990s, it remains a program that discourages work, rewards idleness, and promotes long-term dependence.

The national debt has now topped $16 trillion and will continue to grow rapidly for the foreseeable future. To preserve the economy, government spending, including welfare spending, must be put on a more prudent course. When the current recession ends, food stamp spending should be returned to pre-recession levels. In addition, Congress should transform the program from one that rewards dependence into one that encourages work and self-sufficiency.

The Obama Administration has actively promoted use of the broad-based “categorical eligibility” loophole by states. According to the Congressional Research Service:

The USDA’s Food and Nutrition Service has taken an official stance encouraging states to use so-called “categorical eligibility” authority to expand eligibility to significant numbers of households by (1) increasing or completely lifting limits on assets that eligible households may have and (2) raising dollar limits on households’ gross monthly income.[15]

Untouched by reform, it is an old-style entitlement program offering billions in unconditional aid. Recipients are entitled to one-way handouts and are rarely required to engage in constructive behavior as a condition for receiving that aid. Like the failed AFDC program, which it closely resembles, food stamps discourages work and rewards dependence.

There is a common misperception that the food stamp program is a program of temporary, short-term assistance. In reality, at any given moment, the majority of recipients are or will become long-term dependents. Historically, half of food stamp aid to families with children has gone to families that have received aid for 8.5 years or more.

Following the welfare reform model, food stamps should be transformed from an open-ended entitlement program that gives one-way handouts into a work activation program. Non-elderly, able-bodied adults who receive benefits should be required to work, prepare for work, or at least look for work as a condition of receiving aid.

Many food stamp households contain adults who are capable of working but work little or not at all. In the average month in 2010, 18.8 million households—roughly one household in five in the U.S.—received food stamp benefits.[24] Of this total, approximately 10.5 million households contained at least one able-bodied, non-elderly adult. This included around 7 million families with children and 3.5 million non-elderly, able-bodied adults without dependents.

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2012...

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#155781 Jul 7, 2013
How Food Stamp Resentment Feeds Crabby Conservatism
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/01/food...
But many Americans do not want to let people on food stamps eat cake. This sentiment is particularly prevalent among conservatives in Congress. Cash register resentment of the sort directed at Riley feeds Republican animus toward the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.

It's a petty path toward a huge target: As SNAP enrollment has surged to nearly 50 million in the wake of the Great Recession, the program's annual cost has more than doubled to $80 billion. Republicans want to shrink those numbers, but they missed their best chance in June, when a trillion-dollar farm bill failed in the House of Representatives, after the GOP sought deeper cuts than Democrats would accept.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#155782 Jul 7, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>You're good with meaningless words but are lousy with facts.
Facts are my forte.... ignorance is yours. Your rhetoric is a manifest proof of that fact!!!!

So ya gonna blame Obama for that Airliner that fell out of the sky the other? You might as well since ya blame Obama for anything and everything else!

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#155783 Jul 7, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
What? You couldn't hear the correct answer on Fox? There isn't a right wing blog to help you?
Son, stop regurgitating the words of others and start learning for yourself.
3.510. Determination of Attempts and Lesser Included Offenses
On an indictment or information on which the defendant is to be tried for any offense the jury may convict the defendant of:
(a) an attempt to commit the offense if such attempt is an offense and is supported by the evidence. The judge shall not instruct the jury if there is no evidence to support the attempt and the only evidence proves a completed offense; or
(b) any offense that as a matter of law is a necessarily included offense or a lesser included offense of the offense charged in the indictment or information and is supported by the evidence. The judge shall not instruct on any lesser included offense as to which there is no evidence.
While a judge in Florida may instruct a jury to consider a lesser charge, it is highly irregular and is ALWAYS an appellate consideration. Few judges there choose to risk admonishment.
The onus is upon the prosecution. They included a lesser charge in the original filing but then again, that is old news and probably not covered on Fox.
Of course Fox News would not cover it.... they're the most pathetic News source on Earth!!!

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#155784 Jul 7, 2013
Sharrp Shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey you little racist....ethnic slurs is your camps ways...
sad group. Sobered up yet? LMAO@U...:)
Hey compatriot... it's always nice to se you call out the Topix turds!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 12 min Igor Trip 186,863
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 25 min Brian_G 57,181
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 32 min An NFL Fan 1,346,076
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 42 min Woj 207,434
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 47 min Brian_G 310,649
News Black Lives Matter* 54 min R12 Freon 1,182
News Cruz embraces supporters on fringe of GOP 1 hr serfs up 5
More from around the web