The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 396014 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Sunny

Longview, WA

#143142 May 24, 2013
Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Speak for yourself. You want to defend YOUR principles with blood if you deem it so required, but you're not representing Conservatives as a whole. Traditional conservatives are just as interested in cooperation and peaceful progress as liberals.
Most sane people know it isn't good for the country to divide/take up arms over problems that can be solved with words and an open mind. Left to your desires, we'd be in a civil war or worse, the Divided States of the Americas.
Obambler is the most dividing pres. there has been.
War is what happens WHEN LANGUAGE FAILS.
I know not with what weapons World War 3 will be fought,but World war 4 will be fought with sticks and stones.[Albert Einstein]
Reality

Mount Eden, KY

#143143 May 24, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>You have short-term memory defect, Reality. Every single issue you raised in this post can be directly attributed to The Great Recession - not brought about by anything Barack Obama did. Take that finger and put it back where it belongs - George W. Bush and his Administration under a spendaholic who provided us two unfunded wars and failure to regulate financial markets. None of that can be blamed on Obama. None of it.
Now, could it have been made better faster? Probably. Could Obama and his Administration made it better without support and compromise in Congress? I don't think so.
I believe whole-heartedly if you were standing in front of me and made that statement---you would no longer be standing but lying on the ground hoping some liberal would come and pick you up from the dirt you belong in. Don't threaten me. The problem with that is--all liberals would be too cowardly to even want to pick you up off your butt. Now, if you are wanting to find a place to stick a finger somewhere---I have several suggestions for you unlike the threatening manner you have just displayed with me.

As for the economy or Great Recession, this didn't happen magically as you believe things do but was man-made. Obama gave 80% of the stimulus money to unionized supporters---count them--80%. Obama has quadrupled the spending....again quadrupled the spending.

What was Obama's words in 2008 campaign: I'll refresh "If I am elected President, I will put 400,000 Americans to work rebuilding
bridges, roads, infrastructures, etc.....it never happen. The Muslim terrorist bought votes with the money, pure and simple.

The bridge that fell yesterday is one example. The bridge in KY where Obama said he would take care of it immediately---is still waiting. We continue on for the rest of our lives about the lies Obama has spewed but he is not worth that specified time.

Don't be a show off and don't make threats.
Sunny

Longview, WA

#143145 May 24, 2013
The Harsh Reality wrote:
<quoted text>Fewer Nevadans Seek Employment In April
Senator Dean Heller issued the following statement regarding the Nevada unemployment figures:“It is always great to see the number of unemployed Nevadans decline, and I hope this continues. We still have a long way to go in securing economic stability, and right now Washington scandals are taking precedence over the larger issues we should be discussing. Far too many Nevadans are still struggling to make ends meet, which is why I will continue to stand up for policies that make sense and will put the Silver State back on track.”
The reason Nevadans are having employment trouble is because don't go there anymore.
If I have the need to gamble I go to local Indian reservation."Sorry"
Reality

Mount Eden, KY

#143146 May 24, 2013
Obama's Excuses:

I didn't know.
The GOP.
Blame a subordinate.
Blame Bush.
Lack of funds.
You tube video.
Reality

Mount Eden, KY

#143147 May 24, 2013
Article II
Section 4

The President, Vice President and all Civil Officers of the United States shall be removed from Office on impeachment for and conviction of Treason, Bribery, or other High Crimes and misdemeanors.

Impeach Obama--he is a danger to America.

Since: Jun 10

Martinez, CA

#143148 May 24, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I am an American. That might exclude YOU. The rest of your post is blather.
See how utterly unreasonable you are?

I am also an American, so I'm not excluded at all despite your arrogant judgments.

There was no "blather," at all--just the honest and sincere truth which you hate when it shows you up for how foolish and childish you are.
jackson

Lexington, KY

#143149 May 24, 2013
Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Speak for yourself. You want to defend YOUR principles with blood if you deem it so required, but you're not representing Conservatives as a whole. Traditional conservatives are just as interested in cooperation and peaceful progress as liberals.
Most sane people know it isn't good for the country to divide/take up arms over problems that can be solved with words and an open mind. Left to your desires, we'd be in a civil war or worse, the Divided States of the Americas.
We're not demonstrating problem solving with words and an open mind here, are we? You're right, that is the solution, but the mentality here is "I'm right and you're wrong" and nothing is accomplished. And forget about respect -- there is none here. Everyone is guilty of it, though some have tried, I like to think I have tried.
It's a very sad commentary of where we are today -- no respect, no open minds and no coming together in support of our country. Only hatefulness and nastiness. I've never seen our country so divided on a personal level. Just because people of a different mind have found a voice (conservatives), the MSM and libs scream racism, and that's all it took. Libs are used to having their say and convincing people to agree without public opposition. They don't like it much when opposing viewpoints are spoken aloud and given voice.
We have different viewpoints of what is best for our country. Can we not agree to that and work from there without vitriole?
Libs believe there should be more government, more government control, more government spending and the rich should pay for it.
Conservatives believe there should be less government and less government control, which would lead to less government spending, fewer taxes to everyone and allowing the capitalist society to work, as it has for 200 years.
Libs want less government spending in defense. Cons want a strong defensive military. There has to be middle ground there somewhere.
I don't have a solution, I don't understand why everyone is so hateful. I've bemoaned this far too long and am continually saddened when I see no prospect for hope going forward.
I believe what I believe. I am willing to listen to other viewpoints. I keep coming back to these forums to see if anyone is achieving an open-minded dialog, only to find the answer to that is no. Links to prove points from biased sources. So many one-line jabs that accomplish nothing except to add fuel to the fire. So much nastiness.
This just isn't worth my energy any more. I'll probably be back at some point, but for now I'm exhausted with my unsuccessful attempts to work WITH someone, instead of against. I have a good life and this isn't worth bringing me down. I have better, more important things to do. Maybe I'll run for office somewhere and hope to start a grass roots movement of kindness and openmindedness and working together. Hmm, probably won't work.
Reality

Mount Eden, KY

#143150 May 24, 2013
Eric Holder to investigate himself and send himself to prison.

http://frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield/atto...

What a joke of an administration this is.
REMBRANDT

Los Angeles, CA

#143151 May 24, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the Real Truth:
The true patriots of America have been sold a long time ago by both parties.
Obama is in agreement with both parties on this matter but is selling the Americans out to Muslim Terrorist.
I am not referring to politicians who actually do nothing but to the good and courageous conservatives Americans who ALWAYS HELP those in need.
Where is Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton, Louis Farrakhan, ACORN, the SEIU when you need them.....Nowhere. It doesn't benefit their pockets and bank accounts.
You paint a bleak picture, but we're all entitled to our opinions.
Even though I post contrary to your opinions, doesn't mean I'm blind to some of the items. I'm just posting opposing opinions to balance the scales. There's some posts that are trying to associate acts of terrorism, weather conditions, natural disasters, justin beiber and what not on the President.
Whatever the outcome of the current events, the truth and the fair rule of law and will of the people, God willing will prevail.
Topix is what it is, a place to air out our differences.
jackson

Lexington, KY

#143152 May 24, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe whole-heartedly if you were standing in front of me and made that statement---you would no longer be standing but lying on the ground hoping some liberal would come and pick you up from the dirt you belong in. Don't threaten me. The problem with that is--all liberals would be too cowardly to even want to pick you up off your butt. Now, if you are wanting to find a place to stick a finger somewhere---I have several suggestions for you unlike the threatening manner you have just displayed with me.
As for the economy or Great Recession, this didn't happen magically as you believe things do but was man-made. Obama gave 80% of the stimulus money to unionized supporters---count them--80%. Obama has quadrupled the spending....again quadrupled the spending.
What was Obama's words in 2008 campaign: I'll refresh "If I am elected President, I will put 400,000 Americans to work rebuilding
bridges, roads, infrastructures, etc.....it never happen. The Muslim terrorist bought votes with the money, pure and simple.
The bridge that fell yesterday is one example. The bridge in KY where Obama said he would take care of it immediately---is still waiting. We continue on for the rest of our lives about the lies Obama has spewed but he is not worth that specified time.
Don't be a show off and don't make threats.
Well stated, thanks.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#143153 May 24, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe whole-heartedly if you were standing in front of me and made that statement---you would no longer be standing but lying on the ground hoping some liberal would come and pick you up from the dirt you belong in. Don't threaten me. The problem with that is--all liberals would be too cowardly to even want to pick you up off your butt. Now, if you are wanting to find a place to stick a finger somewhere---I have several suggestions for you unlike the threatening manner you have just displayed with me.
As for the economy or Great Recession, this didn't happen magically as you believe things do but was man-made. Obama gave 80% of the stimulus money to unionized supporters---count them--80%. Obama has quadrupled the spending....again quadrupled the spending.
What was Obama's words in 2008 campaign: I'll refresh "If I am elected President, I will put 400,000 Americans to work rebuilding
bridges, roads, infrastructures, etc.....it never happen. The Muslim terrorist bought votes with the money, pure and simple.
The bridge that fell yesterday is one example. The bridge in KY where Obama said he would take care of it immediately---is still waiting. We continue on for the rest of our lives about the lies Obama has spewed but he is not worth that specified time.
Don't be a show off and don't make threats.
A~M~E~N ... R!
I'm RIGHT there with you :)
American Lady

Danville, KY

#143154 May 24, 2013
jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not demonstrating problem solving with words and an open mind here, are we? You're right, that is the solution, but the mentality here is "I'm right and you're wrong" and nothing is accomplished. And forget about respect -- there is none here. Everyone is guilty of it, though some have tried, I like to think I have tried.
It's a very sad commentary of where we are today -- no respect, no open minds and no coming together in support of our country. Only hatefulness and nastiness. I've never seen our country so divided on a personal level. Just because people of a different mind have found a voice (conservatives), the MSM and libs scream racism, and that's all it took. Libs are used to having their say and convincing people to agree without public opposition. They don't like it much when opposing viewpoints are spoken aloud and given voice.
We have different viewpoints of what is best for our country. Can we not agree to that and work from there without vitriole?
Libs believe there should be more government, more government control, more government spending and the rich should pay for it.
Conservatives believe there should be less government and less government control, which would lead to less government spending, fewer taxes to everyone and allowing the capitalist society to work, as it has for 200 years.
Libs want less government spending in defense. Cons want a strong defensive military. There has to be middle ground there somewhere.
I don't have a solution, I don't understand why everyone is so hateful. I've bemoaned this far too long and am continually saddened when I see no prospect for hope going forward.
I believe what I believe. I am willing to listen to other viewpoints. I keep coming back to these forums to see if anyone is achieving an open-minded dialog, only to find the answer to that is no. Links to prove points from biased sources. So many one-line jabs that accomplish nothing except to add fuel to the fire. So much nastiness.
This just isn't worth my energy any more. I'll probably be back at some point, but for now I'm exhausted with my unsuccessful attempts to work WITH someone, instead of against. I have a good life and this isn't worth bringing me down. I have better, more important things to do. Maybe I'll run for office somewhere and hope to start a grass roots movement of kindness and openmindedness and working together. Hmm, probably won't work.
WE will miss your words of wisdom.
I admire this summation of this board.
Truly 'hate' to see you go, tho "totally" understand it.

Because I "feel" the SAME way :)
and am not on here as much as I was.

Since: Jun 10

Martinez, CA

#143157 May 24, 2013
jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not demonstrating problem solving with words and an open mind here, are we? You're right, that is the solution, but the mentality here is "I'm right and you're wrong" and nothing is accomplished. And forget about respect -- there is none here. Everyone is guilty of it, though some have tried, I like to think I have tried.
It's a very sad commentary of where we are today -- no respect, no open minds and no coming together in support of our country. Only hatefulness and nastiness. I've never seen our country so divided on a personal level. Just because people of a different mind have found a voice (conservatives), the MSM and libs scream racism, and that's all it took. Libs are used to having their say and convincing people to agree without public opposition. They don't like it much when opposing viewpoints are spoken aloud and given voice.
We have different viewpoints of what is best for our country. Can we not agree to that and work from there without vitriole?
Libs believe there should be more government, more government control, more government spending and the rich should pay for it.
Conservatives believe there should be less government and less government control, which would lead to less government spending, fewer taxes to everyone and allowing the capitalist society to work, as it has for 200 years.
Libs want less government spending in defense. Cons want a strong defensive military. There has to be middle ground there somewhere.
I don't have a solution, I don't understand why everyone is so hateful. I've bemoaned this far too long and am continually saddened when I see no prospect for hope going forward.
I believe what I believe. I am willing to listen to other viewpoints. I keep coming back to these forums to see if anyone is achieving an open-minded dialog, only to find the answer to that is no. Links to prove points from biased sources. So many one-line jabs that accomplish nothing except to add fuel to the fire. So much nastiness.
This just isn't worth my energy any more. I'll probably be back at some point, but for now I'm exhausted with my unsuccessful attempts to work WITH someone, instead of against. I have a good life and this isn't worth bringing me down. I have better, more important things to do. Maybe I'll run for office somewhere and hope to start a grass roots movement of kindness and openmindedness and working together. Hmm, probably won't work.
This is Topix and not truly representative of how most Americans, liberal or conservative think or express themselves.

That's an important point to bear in mind. If you're expecting 100 percent civil discourse on a public message board, then you're either naive, new to Topix or simply unaware.

People from BOTH sides of these "debates" have been ugly toward each other, and it's always the other side who blames their opposition. It will never end in this environment at least.

The anonymity is what encourages the false sense of courage. But I also see you slamming liberals in your posts, so you're not innocent or above it all by any means.

I dare say that if any of us were actually to discuss these issues face to face, you would never see the kind of vitriol, vulgarity and just plain hatefulness as you see on Topix. You can only take this site so seriously, then you have to put things in perspective. This is "virtual," and not an honest portrayal of reality IMO.

Besides, people speak very differently from the way they write. This is very limited and one-dimensional. And trolls from either side don't help one bit.
Sunny

Longview, WA

#143158 May 24, 2013
jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not demonstrating problem solving with words and an open mind here, are we? You're right, that is the solution, but the mentality here is "I'm right and you're wrong" and nothing is accomplished. And forget about respect -- there is none here. Everyone is guilty of it, though some have tried, I like to think I have tried.
It's a very sad commentary of where we are today -- no respect, no open minds and no coming together in support of our country. Only hatefulness and nastiness. I've never seen our country so divided on a personal level. Just because people of a different mind have found a voice (conservatives), the MSM and libs scream racism, and that's all it took. Libs are used to having their say and convincing people to agree without public opposition. They don't like it much when opposing viewpoints are spoken aloud and given voice.
We have different viewpoints of what is best for our country. Can we not agree to that and work from there without vitriole?
Libs believe there should be more government, more government control, more government spending and the rich should pay for it.
Conservatives believe there should be less government and less government control, which would lead to less government spending, fewer taxes to everyone and allowing the capitalist society to work, as it has for 200 years.
Libs want less government spending in defense. Cons want a strong defensive military. There has to be middle ground there somewhere.
I don't have a solution, I don't understand why everyone is so hateful. I've bemoaned this far too long and am continually saddened when I see no prospect for hope going forward.
I believe what I believe. I am willing to listen to other viewpoints. I keep coming back to these forums to see if anyone is achieving an open-minded dialog, only to find the answer to that is no. Links to prove points from biased sources. So many one-line jabs that accomplish nothing except to add fuel to the fire. So much nastiness.
This just isn't worth my energy any more. I'll probably be back at some point, but for now I'm exhausted with my unsuccessful attempts to work WITH someone, instead of against. I have a good life and this isn't worth bringing me down. I have better, more important things to do. Maybe I'll run for office somewhere and hope to start a grass roots movement of kindness and openmindedness and working together. Hmm, probably won't work.
Don't go man I love reading what you got to say and you to America Lady.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#143159 May 24, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
....and you heard the air swishing around.
Don't fret...a symptom of liberalism.
No, I heard the equivalent to the echo of ignorance coming from the same place as the words that follow the words QUOTE who="Reality".

Take your time
Tommy

Chicago, IL

#143160 May 24, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
This is Topix and not truly representative of how most Americans, liberal or conservative think or express themselves.
That's an important point to bear in mind. If you're expecting 100 percent civil discourse on a public message board, then you're either naive, new to Topix or simply unaware.
People from BOTH sides of these "debates" have been ugly toward each other, and it's always the other side who blames their opposition. It will never end in this environment at least.
The anonymity is what encourages the false sense of courage. But I also see you slamming liberals in your posts, so you're not innocent or above it all by any means.
I dare say that if any of us were actually to discuss these issues face to face, you would never see the kind of vitriol, vulgarity and just plain hatefulness as you see on Topix. You can only take this site so seriously, then you have to put things in perspective. This is "virtual," and not an honest portrayal of reality IMO.
Besides, people speak very differently from the way they write. This is very limited and one-dimensional. And trolls from either side don't help one bit.
Jackson meet Rose. As you have probably figured out she is the resident drunken idiot. At least you gave her an idea to run with, usually by noon she's on her knees crawling.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#143161 May 24, 2013
Reality wrote:
FBI called into hate crime targeting whites.
A mother, dad and daughter beaten viciously by a gang of blacks.
http://www.wnd.com/2013/05/fbi-called-into-ha...
I didn't even click on your link because "Wnd" is a the equivalent to The National Enquirer.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#143162 May 24, 2013
Just An Honest Man wrote:
<quoted text>Ever notice that when I ignore x-woman's insults a grey box with a new name soon appears and starts in on me? Lol!
You don't even have to guts to accuse me of your cowardly baseless accusations directly. What a total wuss.

Btw, I'm not a woman ya wuss. I'm all man, and EVERYTHING works without a machine. ;)

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#143163 May 24, 2013
Sunny wrote:
<quoted text>is is nuts!!
http://www.powerstuttering.com/stutter/consul...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#143164 May 24, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>It gets even more interesting when these events are diagrammed out. The firm is very good at this, but I am not. I just get to see the results.
Pfft. LOL

There ain't nothing your "firm" can diagram that will show that I post as a grey box so don't imply it, unless you're ready prove it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police in riot-hit Charlotte say shooting victi... 1 min okimar 698
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 min Uncle Tab 244,305
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 4 min renee 10,594
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Chicagoan by Birth 225,478
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 6 min who cares 18,632
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Yeah 1,433,852
News Manager: I reprimanded Trump over Machado remarks 10 min Responsibility 2
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 34 min Buck Crick 284
News Post-debate poll: Clinton takes round one 36 min Le Jimbo 324
More from around the web