The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 409183 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Quirky

Brighton, CO

#140243 May 14, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Go eat the leather of a hog.
Go use a flat iron on that curly tail of yours. Dingus!

Since: May 13

Marengo, OH

#140244 May 14, 2013
PRJester wrote:
<quoted text>"Michelle already had a criminal background with throwing poor black patients on the curb from the hospital she was in charge of in order to hike her salary up. She was admitting paying patients and also receiving gov. aide for the Medicaid/Medicare patients she threw to the curb."

You don't allow a little "truth" to get in the way of your agenda, do you?
Did monkey face did that?

Why "monkey face"?

Because Liberals really believe that Liberalism makes ugly women beautiful!!!

Can you believe that Liberals claim she is the second most beautiful woman in the world? LOL!!!

After Beyonce, my God!!!

If that does not proves Liberalism is a mental disease nothing will!!!

United States

#140245 May 14, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>How much does an F-16 fighter jet cost?

Answer:

12 Million USD

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_does_an_F-...

So this adds up to an additional 240 million Obama has given Egypt!!

That's nearly Half a Billion Dollars !!!
Mr. "my Myslim faith", needs to help the Moslem Brotherhood some how!

Did you know that Obama secretly told Egypt leaders to make sure half of the military aid money goes to Muslim Brotherhood?

He promised he will look the other way!!!

United States

#140246 May 14, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Bonnie , Did you know them Morel Mushrooms are worth about $45.00 an ounce on the open market? They are as valuable as Gold! Some one I knew had them growing in their front yard. They also grow near rotted out dead tree stumps.

Pictures of Morel Mushrooms:

http://www.morels.com/photos/
Why are they so expensive?

United States

#140247 May 14, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
The report revealed that high level IRS officials knew about the targeting nearly one year before then-IRS commissioner Douglas Shulman informed Congress. Moreover, the criteria by which these groups were singled out continually evolved over the course of the 2012 election cycle. By January 2012, groups were being selected from “political action type organizations involved in limiting/expanding government, educating on the Constitution and Bill of Rights, social economic reform/movement,” according to the Treasury Department report. Even the phrase “making America a better place to live” began getting applications for 501c(4) status reviewed.

Many groups covet this status not only for its lack of tax obligations, but also because they typically do not have to disclose donors. This status requires the primary activity of the group to be the betterment of social welfare, and although political activity is allowed, no one is quite sure how this ratio is calculated. The screenings then began as an attempt to investigate the activities of groups and be sure that their functions were in line with the mantra of social welfare. However, the increased questioning of potential groups exclusively targeted conservatives.

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/the-embarr...
So?

America will always love Santa Claus!

As long as Santa brings me toys, welfare and food stamps, I will keep voting for him, even if he kills my kids!!!
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#140248 May 14, 2013
Sunny wrote:
<quoted text>Got a patch about mile from house nobody knows about.
Most people are scared they will get a bad mushroom,use to take some to work an could only get one guy to take some.
You do have to be careful because there are some really bad ones out there.
chanterelles are hard to mix up with something else.
LLOL. Well I hate to say it...But Mariels look like a pen!s. They are hard to get mixed up with any other mushrooms too. ;) Ahem...Sorry..LOL. BTW. Not sure if I 'm spelling Mariel right or not. No spell check, and I quess I spell things just awful. LOL. I probably spelled it different every time. LOL.
Reality

Mount Eden, KY

#140249 May 14, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Link please?
Do have any support for your comments? Any?
Google it yourself.

Its there for all to see.
ZEIGFIELD

Los Angeles, CA

#140250 May 14, 2013
You can really tell how bad a thread is by how many times the supporters yell "Hooray".
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#140251 May 14, 2013
It's Morel.
Reality

Mount Eden, KY

#140252 May 14, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>That's apparently not your only deficiency. There is nobody here as ignorant as you. You don't know how to respond accurately or truthfully either. The best way to respond to ignorance is by attempting to educate the ignorant by providing food for thought.
Let's start here:
http://money.cnn.com/2013/05/14/news/world/oi...
U.S. oil boom causing energy upheaval
By Alanna Petroff @AlannaPetroff May 14, 2013
that ties to this:
Gas Prices
http://money.cnn.com/2012/11/12/news/economy/...
U.S. to become biggest oil producer - IEA
By Mark Thompson @MarkThompsonCNN November 12, 2012
So, there now. Who is President of The United States of America? Shall we give credit to policies of the sitting President for this situation? WHO gets the credit, and should it be considered a CREDIT to policy? If so, why? If not, why not? It would be helpful if you analyze and opine anytime you've finished your assessment as to how "good" or "bad" this is for America and say why. ;-)
It's so good to have a wonk like yourself on the boards.
LMAO!
Professor NTR

There is something wrong with you.

Seriously.

Reality

Mount Eden, KY

#140253 May 14, 2013
PRJester wrote:
<quoted text>
"Michelle already had a criminal background with throwing poor black patients on the curb from the hospital she was in charge of in order to hike her salary up. She was admitting paying patients and also receiving gov. aide for the Medicaid/Medicare patients she threw to the curb."
You don't allow a little "truth" to get in the way of your agenda, do you?
Google it.

Its all there for the world to see.

I feel very competent you will find it and the truth.
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#140254 May 14, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Bonnie , Did you know them Morel Mushrooms are worth about $45.00 an ounce on the open market? They are as valuable as Gold! Some one I knew had them growing in their front yard. They also grow near rotted out dead tree stumps.
Pictures of Morel Mushrooms:
http://www.morels.com/photos/
That sounds pretty high. Five of us and a younger girl gathered 85 pounds green weight about four years ago. We dried them and divided them up. I used the last of mine about a year ago. I like it better than the Rib Eye we usually have with them. I don't know what the dried weight would have been. I Just love 'em. I know some pretty good places for 'em.
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#140255 May 14, 2013
LiberalsAreHypocrites wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they are so (((good))) and relatively scarce.
Reality

Mount Eden, KY

#140257 May 14, 2013
Just An Honest Man wrote:
Does anyone else find it unsettling that we have a President that he and his people spend a great deal of their time trying to convince the citizenry that Obama supports our Constitution?
W.H. on AP probe: Obama 'firm believer' in press freedom
President Obama is a "strong defender" of the First Amendment and a "firm believer" that the press should not be blocked in its reporting, White House press secretary Jay Carney said Tuesday, but the Justice Department must also be able to investigate criminal activity.
more yada yada at http://www.politico.com/politico44/2013/05/wh...
I find it more than unsettling. More like a tragedy.

You know Obama is a liar when he opens his mouth to speak.

If America should fall. There will still be these Americans who support Obama because they fail to utilize the brain cells GOD gave them.

Heck, they will support him as he personally marching them to the ovens. This is how ludicrous his supporters are.
Reality

Mount Eden, KY

#140258 May 14, 2013
The Sin City Cat wrote:
<quoted text>Its rather interesting about who or what is Al Qaeda. If they resent or resist the U.S. meddling in their country's affairs they are called Al Qaeda. If they can be used for U.S. interests they become "REBELS". Many of the Syrian rebels are also members of Al Qaeda. Our armed forces fought them in Afghanistan and Iraq. However they serve a purpose for the U.S. government in Syria, so they are being armed. If at some time they turn on U.S. interests they'll become Al Qaeda.
So, you go ahead and trust them.

I won't.

Just like our soldiers trusted the Afghanistan police to aid and abet them. Many of our soldiers have died from being killed by whom.....Afghanistan soldiers.

Not all Muslims are terrorist.

But all terrorist are Muslims.

They all read and obey the Koran. There god is Allah....to all of them.
Quirky

Brighton, CO

#140259 May 14, 2013
LiberalsAreHypocrites wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I understand they are delicious and a delicacy. I`v never tasted any!
Reality

Mount Eden, KY

#140260 May 14, 2013
I know nothing...
I see nothing....
I hear nothing...

Obama

Since: Jun 10

San Francisco, CA

#140261 May 14, 2013
TUESDAY, MAY 14, 2013

When the IRS targeted liberals

Under George W. Bush, it went after the NAACP, Greenpeace and even a liberal church

BY ALEX SEITZ-WALD

While few are defending the Internal Revenue Service for targeting some 300 conservative groups, there are two critical pieces of context missing from the conventional wisdom on the “scandal.” First, at least from what we know so far, the groups were not targeted in a political vendetta — but rather were executing a makeshift enforcement test (an ugly one, mind you) for IRS employees tasked with separating political groups not allowed to claim tax-exempt status, from bona fide social welfare organizations.

Employees are given almost zero official guidance on how to do that, so they went after Tea Party groups because those seemed like they might be political.

Keep in mind, the commissioner of the IRS at the time was a Bush appointee.

The second is that while this is the first time this kind of thing has become a national scandal, it’s not the first time such activity has occurred.

“I wish there was more GOP interest when I raised the same issue during the Bush administration, where they audited a progressive church in my district in what look liked a very selective way,” California Democratic Rep. Adam Schiff said on MSNBC Monday.“I found only one Republican,[North Carolina Rep. Walter Jones], that would join me in calling for an investigation during the Bush administration. I’m glad now that the GOP has found interest in this issue and it ought to be a bipartisan concern.”

The well-known church, All Saints Episcopal in Pasadena, became a bit of a cause célèbre on the left after the IRS threatened to revoke the church’s tax-exempt status over an anti-Iraq War sermon the Sunday before the 2004 election.“Jesus [would say],‘Mr. President, your doctrine of preemptive war is a failed doctrine,’” rector George Regas said from the dais.

The church, which said progressive activism was in its “DNA,” hired a powerful Washington lawyer and enlisted the help of Schiff, who met with the commissioner of the IRS twice and called for a Government Accountability Office investigation, saying the IRS audit violated the First Amendment and was unduly targeting a political opponent of the Bush administration.“My client is very concerned that the close coordination undertaken by the IRS allowed partisan political concerns to direct the course of the All Saints examination,” church attorney Marcus Owens, who is widely considered one of the country’s leading experts on this area of the law, said at the time. In 2007, the IRS closed the case, decreeing that the church violated rules preventing political intervention, but it did not revoke its nonprofit status.

And while All Saints came under the gun, conservative churches across the country were helping to mobilize voters for Bush with little oversight. In 2006, citing the precedent of All Saints,“a group of religious leaders accused the Internal Revenue Service yesterday of playing politics by ignoring its complaint that two large churches in Ohio are engaging in what it says are political activities, in violation of the tax code,” the New York Times reported at the time. The churches essentially campaigned for a Republican gubernatorial candidate, they alleged, and even flew him on one of their planes.

Meanwhile, Citizens for Ethics in Washington filed two ethics complaints against a church in Minnesota.“You know we can’t publicly endorse as a church and would not for any candidate, but I can tell you personally that I’m going to vote for Michele Bachmann,” pastor Mac Hammond of the Living Word Christian Center in Minnesota said in 2006 before welcoming her to the church. The IRS opened an audit into the church, but it went nowhere after the church appealed the audit on a technicality....(cont.)

http://www.salon.com/2013/05/14/when_the_irs_...
Reality

Mount Eden, KY

#140262 May 14, 2013
"Obama you lie."
Joe Wilson

The first person to get it right.
Quirky

Brighton, CO

#140263 May 14, 2013
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text>That sounds pretty high. Five of us and a younger girl gathered 85 pounds green weight about four years ago. We dried them and divided them up. I used the last of mine about a year ago. I like it better than the Rib Eye we usually have with them. I don't know what the dried weight would have been. I Just love 'em. I know some pretty good places for 'em.
I could be wrong on the price. I had checked about them back when a friend had them growing in their front yard.

What is the current price for morel mushrooms?

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

I saw a 1 oz. package of dried morels at Whole Foods the other day for around $25 - that's over $350 per pound. Saw fresh ones there once for $45 per pound.

Before you get dreams of making your living in the spring for a month or two collecting morels, you should check your local farmer's market. They often are selling morels during the springtime, and they go for anywhere from $15 to $25 or more per pound.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Brad 1,479,986
News Julian Assange 'to face extradition' after Chel... 4 min anonymous 13
News News 16 Mins Ago Inaugural speech is Trump's ti... 8 min shot first whites 41
News Specter of Lyndon Johnson haunts Trump 10 min shot first whites 47
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 11 min President Donald ... 4,395
News Can Democrats learn to fight fire with fire? 11 min tomin cali 59
News Bill and Hillary Clinton to attend Trump inaugu... 12 min Go Blue Forever 62
News Hillary Clinton won US popular vote by nearly 2... 19 min hacker here 1,106
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 1 hr President Donald ... 17,838
News King's legacy celebrated as Trump, Lewis duel l... 1 hr Aquarius-wy 213
More from around the web