The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 391049 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

American Lady

Danville, KY

#140075 May 13, 2013
Government obtains wide AP phone records in probe
Mon May 13, 2013 2:10 PM

The federal government seized records for more than 20 telephone lines assigned to Associated Press and its journalists in April and May of 2012. In a letter of protest sent to Attorney General Eric Holder on Monday, AP President and Chief Executive Officer Gary Pruitt said the government sought and obtained information far beyond anything that could be justified by any specific investigation. He demanded the return of the phone records and destruction of all copies.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/politics/free/2...

Phone Records of Journalists Seized by U.S.

By CHARLIE SAVAGE and LESLIE KAUFMAN
Published: May 13, 2013

WASHINGTON — Federal investigators secretly seized two months of phone records for reporters and editors of The Associated Press in what the news organization said Monday was a “serious interference with A.P.’s constitutional rights to gather and report the news.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/14/us/phone-re... ;

Benghazi depositions to examine Clinton's role
http://news.yahoo.com/benghazi-depositions-ex...

Obama denounces Benghazi cover-up charges as ‘political circus’

"There’s no 'there' there,” Obama insisted ...

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-deno...
Quirky

Brighton, CO

#140077 May 14, 2013
Obama tries to swat down 2 swirling controversies

Video:

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-tries-swat-down-2...
Honest Abe

Anaheim, CA

#140078 May 14, 2013
“What we want, and all we want, is to have with us the men who think slavery wrong. But those who say they hate slavery, and are opposed to it, but yet act with the Democratic party — where are they? Let us apply a few tests. You say that you think slavery is wrong, but you denounce all attempts to restrain it. Is there anything else that you think wrong, that you are not willing to deal with as a wrong? Why are you so careful, so tender of this one wrong and no other? You will not let us do a single thing as if it was wrong; there is no place where you will allow it to be even called wrong! We must not call it wrong in the Free States, because it is not there, and we must not call it wrong in the Slave States because it is there; we must not call it wrong in politics because that is bringing morality into politics, and we must not call it wrong in the pulpit because that is bringing politics into religion; we must not bring it into the Tract Society or the other societies, because those are such unsuitable places, and there is no single place, according to you, where this wrong thing can properly be called wrong!”

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#140079 May 14, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I called you a fraud and your reply was---don't post to me.
NTR posted; "If you don't want comments, don't post on the thread."
Shouldn't you practice what you post...
How about you stick to a name and ID instead of playing three roles every time you post. My reply was to you in your role as American Lady. In "reality", you're just another lunatic troll with no particular place to go.
jackson

Lexington, KY

#140080 May 14, 2013
Obama administration – Justice Department
AP phone lines intrusion

Obama administration – IRS
Apologized and admitted treating Tea Party and other conservative groups illegally

Obama administration – State Department (Hillary Clinton)
Lied for weeks about attack in Benghazi, that it was due to a protest over a video – to save Obama’s campaign
Press secretary lied to press about talking points emails – also to save Obama’s campaign

How much is enough? Had this been the Bush administration, you know each of these stories would lead with the two words “Bush administration”. But Obama is using government offices to do his bidding and they are willing to break laws to do that for him. The Justice Department, the IRS, the State Department.
What’s next and when will it start to sink in to the liberal media and public that this man is abusing his power or, at the very least, will allow these things to go on because they help him and Hillary?

You’ll claim he didn’t know about the IRS and/or the Justice Department. What happened to the staff who are the liaisons for these groups to the White House? If he didn’t know, he has appointed an incredibly less-than-efficient staff. If he didn’t know, he’s a terrible leader – probably looking for that ever important “plausible deniability”. If he DID know, he’s much, much worse. There is NO way he can be looked at in a favorable light after all these reports.

You can’t claim he didn’t know about Benghazi. It has been proven – as all the networks have now reported (finally)- that he did, indeed, know. He and Hillary knew that very same night. Hillary was briefed that night. My questions: Who issued the stand-down order and who came up with the idea to blame it on a protest over a video? Hopefully we’ll get answers to those questions. ALL to keep the bad focus away from his campaign.

Each one of these issues is worse than Watergate, yet the media allows him to get away with it. This doesn’t even address the huge problems now becoming obvious with Obamacare.

But Obama has people all over the country covering for him and making light of these very serious situations.“It’s not important because we say it’s not important.” They whitewash or ignore these headlines and, if reported at all, you have to search for the stories.

How much is finally too much for the left?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#140082 May 14, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope something is done about what this man is doing.
What is wrong with everyone? What else does Obama need to do in order to get his butt impeached?
What is wrong? It is this foreign unamerican culture that seems to pervade American society that is manifesting itself in all levels of government that has been purposely designed by those intent on destroying our way of life in order to force us to assimilate into a global entity by eroding our constitutional values.
Who or whatever is doing this, IMO, should be considered our mortal enemy and should be neutralized.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#140083 May 14, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
When Obama was giving his lies today in front of the press with the British Prime Minister beside him. I thought for sure, the PM would roll his eyes.
Anyway, Obama lied again today about the IRS. The order without a doubt came from the Obama Amin. to treat the conservatives with bias and discrimination and deny them 501(c)3 exemptions. Obama said: "the first I heard about this problem with the IRS was last Friday." Yeah right.
This man is still campaigning, there is no governing from him and there will never be. His intent is not to be a leader but to do as much damage as he can to America.
I hope you are right about Obama. I sincerely do.
I was right about him from the very beginning of this thread.
He is a blatant failure.
Right now the associated press holds all the cards and they are not very happy about this new wave of government intrusion into their private business.
I don't blame them one bit and the whole matter is akin to what had happened in Nazi Germany. IMAO.
This cancer needs to be killed before it spreads. It is of foreign origin and is being spread through the disguise of globalism and diversity. IMAO
God help us.

Since: Oct 07

Serving sarcasm since 2007

#140084 May 14, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
UC Davis Staff photo`s
www.ucdavis.staff.com
*snicker*(eye roll)
Rip tide

Rochester, NY

#140087 May 14, 2013
Is Obama still blaming Rush Limbaugh for all of Obama's legislative failures and political scandals?
Rip tide

Rochester, NY

#140088 May 14, 2013
Did you notice who Obama threatened when he wasn't getting his way on raising the debt ceiling? He threatened to not pay:- Social Security Retirees- Military Retirees- Social Security- Disability and
- Federal Retirees.- Now let this sink in really good...- He did not threaten to stop payments to illegal aliens.- He did not threatened to take frivolous benefits such as Internet access away from violent inmates.- He did not offer to fire some of the thousands of unnecessary federal employees that he hired.- He did not offer to cut down on his or his wife's frivolous gallivanting around.$20 Million already spent on family vacations.(One Million on a FL golf outing). All our money...why not?- He did not threaten to not pay the senators and representatives or any of their staff.- He did not threaten to take benefits away from welfare recipients or to stop the free cell phones they get.- He did not threaten the food stamp programs.- He did not threaten to reduce payments in foreign aid.- He did not threaten to cut back on anything that involves his base voters.- The list could go on and on. He is in full political mode!Why are we allowing this person to destroy this wonderful country with his selfishness and his lies? Have WE lost our blooming minds!!!!!!!!

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/201 ...

I copied this because it was so well said.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#140089 May 14, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that's the one tactic you can't escape. Abortion is murder, no matter when you snip it and having some black robed arbiters give their seal of approval can't change that fact.
Topix didn't want me to post that reply to you because I received a red warning for something that I don't think I should refrain from. Would that be censorship?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#140090 May 14, 2013
Reality wrote:
Benghazi makes Watergate 'Look like Kindergarten.'
I would say that it makes watergate look like a spark. and btw neither one of those events warrants a capitol letter in my book.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#140091 May 14, 2013
J_a_n wrote:
Many crimes under Obama, people finally talking about impeachment!
They are all coming out at once!
http://conservativepapers.com/news/2013/05/13...
YOU BET they are!
ITS ABOUT TIME!
He has failed us!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#140092 May 14, 2013
Just An Honest Man wrote:
Obama is dancing like someone is shootin' at his feet with one of those "assault rifles" he wants gone;
White House responds to Justice Dept. secretly obtaining AP phone records: "We are not involved"
http://outfront.blogs.cnn.com/2013/05/13/whit...
Obama’s claim he called Benghazi an ‘act of terrorism’
Once again, it appears that we must parse a few presidential words. We went through this question at length during the 2012 election, but perhaps a refresher course is in order.
Notably, during a debate with Republican nominee Mitt Romney, President Obama said that he immediately told the American people that the killing of the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans in Libya “was an act of terror.” But now he says he called it “an act of terrorism.”
more twisting at http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-chec...
Come on Obama, don't be like rose and x-woman. You can't twist memories when the conversations were recorded...
He is doomed. IMO of course.
Dr Handsome

Rochester, NY

#140093 May 14, 2013
Throw the bum out. We need real leadership, and we need it now. We need to clean house and get our Nation's affairs in order, root out the internal decay, before the barbarians knock down the gates.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#140094 May 14, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Topix didn't want me to post that reply to you because I received a red warning for something that I don't think I should refrain from. Would that be censorship?
Must have been a good one. All it takes is one liberal to express their 'disgust' and... bingo.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#140095 May 14, 2013
Dr Handsome wrote:
Throw the bum out. We need real leadership, and we need it now. We need to clean house and get our Nation's affairs in order, root out the internal decay, before the barbarians knock down the gates.
Bingo! He has failed

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#140096 May 14, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>How about you stick to a name and ID instead of playing three roles every time you post. My reply was to you in your role as American Lady. In "reality", you're just another lunatic troll with no particular place to go.
Now, you can "disagree" all you like, but the reality is that I did, indeed, show you for what you are once again, Troll. Here's the proof on post 13991:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/immigration/T...

Hysteria. If you don't want comments, don't post on the thread. Better yet, please stop posting paranoiac nonsense. Either way would work, but making demands doesn't work at all. You posted about me and called me a fraud. I think you're the fraud here. I couldn't care less about your patience, especially since it's obvious that you have repeatedly tried the patience of most posters on this thread with your incessant spam which keeps vanishing much to your chagrin. Too bad and so sad.

American Lady wrote:
.......(Snipped for space needed)
==========
Do not !!!
"I" REPEAT ...
DO NOT COMMENT TO ME ANYMORE!
I WILL "NOT" CONVERSE WITH SUCH A ---BLOOMING IDIOT--- AS YOU!
Do you "understand" ME?
You can NOT TAKE A HINT ...
that someone does not want to have -ANYTHING- to do with you!
ALL I have for you is "contempt" ...
"I" consider you BENEATH me!
I DID NOT come on here "caring" what any of this board thinks of me other than the "intelligence" and *Patriotism* of my posting[which IS the polar OPPOSITE of you] I have come to LOVE some of the people and their ADMIRATION of this Country. So, in that way of thinking, I THINK I can "speak" for them too! I have been more than patient with your kind.
You are NOTHING but a "contemptible" SNAKE/FRAUD!
You come on here with your "condescending" & "arrogant" attitude and comments about ANYTHING AND ANYONE'S comments that you do not agree with! Simply to further you AND your family's "dependency" on the Federal Government, and your kind of philosophy and ideology of going along with it ... as in "worship" ...
My patience is gone.
There comes a time when a person has had their FILL!
My patience is gone.
I've had my FILL of you AND your ILK!
As, I do believe lots of others have too.
Your PAST "is" catching up with you!
I "rebuke" you ...
MORE TO FOLLOW:

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#140098 May 14, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Must have been a good one. All it takes is one liberal to express their 'disgust' and... bingo.
It was this: When the second brick is joined to the first, the structure becomes a building.
What would you call intentionally kicking those two bricks apart?
I call it murder.
A human being is a building.
Abortion is murder.
Where is the inappropriateness or the offensiveness in that reply to you? Should that be censored.
Sunny

Longview, WA

#140099 May 14, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I was right about him from the very beginning of this thread.
He is a blatant failure.
Right now the associated press holds all the cards and they are not very happy about this new wave of government intrusion into their private business.
I don't blame them one bit and the whole matter is akin to what had happened in Nazi Germany. IMAO.
This cancer needs to be killed before it spreads. It is of foreign origin and is being spread through the disguise of globalism and diversity. IMAO
God help us.
Exactly right posi.
Obama and all his ilk have failed us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 min THE LONE WORKER 201,109
News Ohio's Kasich urges working together at NAACP c... 1 min Ronald 128
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 min Cornelius Scudmister 232,804
News Could NATO be the next alliance to unravel? 2 min Synque 14
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min RealDave 1,403,268
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 3 min Mikey 5,274
News Hacked emails show Democratic party hostility t... 5 min Captain Yesterday 44
News Despite her many roles, Hillary Clinton still h... 7 min woodtick57 150
News Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as vice preside... 18 min woodtick57 161
News Trump doubles back to hit Cruz 2 hr An NFL Fan 52
More from around the web