The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 333033 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“RELAX”

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#131854 Apr 23, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I have to agree with you but I don't attribute my being better off to our president. Markets rise and fall independently of presidents and I made a small fortune during the Bush years and I continue to do so during Obama's reign by investing wisely in things I can use to make money and still sell. I could care less about my home's value because I never intend to sell it. That was my very first investment and it started with a savings account for land and house. it came before my first car. BTW I started driving 2 weeks after I turned 16
"Markets rise and fall independently of presidents"

Markets react to many factors and the President of the USA is a major factor in any market reaction.

When Bush appointed Paul O'Neill as secretary of the treasury, the markets remained confident but in 2002 O'Neil suggested the United States faced future federal budget deficits of more than $500 billion and suggested that sharp tax increases, massive spending cuts, or both, the markets slowed. When O'Neil told us that the neoconservative elements of the Bush Administration had been planning war in Iraq since the first National Security Council meeting, soon after the administration took office, Bush fired O'Neil and appointed yes man John W. Snow as Treasury secretary who was forced to resign over a stock deal he made with Fanney Mae/Freddy Mac so Bush appointed the CEO of Goldman Sachs, Henry Paulson as Treasury secretary and he handed $700 billion dollars back to his buddies on Wall Street.

Everything Bush did in his eight years caused the markets to rise for the crooked bankers and war profiteers but for everyone else....doom.

President Obama brought confidence back to the markets. Gone were the days of "off books" government spending and "no bid" government contracts. Watch dogs were posted on Wall Street and financial regulations were being enforced once again. All the jobs lost under Bush/Cheney were gained back under Obama and the future keeps looking brighter for the land of the free.

Obama is AWESOME!!!

Since: Jun 10

San Jose, CA

#131855 Apr 23, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolute - A value or principle regarded as universally valid or viewed without relation to other things.
>>>> https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy...
Freedom - 1.The power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or restraint.
>>>> https://www.google.com/#hl=en&gs_rn=11&am...
If you don’t want your absolute freedom then don’t complain when the government or somebody else tell you what you can or can’t do with the use of physical or coercive force!
PROTECTING “WE THE PEOPLE” ABILITY TO CHOOSE AS ABSOLUTE FREEDOM!
“ABSOLUTE FREEDOM (ABILITY TO CHOOSE) UNDER THE "ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY" BECAUSE IT (ABILITY TO CHOOSE) IS GOVERNED BY THE ENVIRONMENT ON A UNIVERSAL (GLOBAL) SCALE!”
>>>> http://wh.gov/tWeD
Ability to choose means your freedom in case you didn't know what "the ability to choose mean.
Please sign petition and spread the word fast!
And your point is!

I don't recall what the context of re-posting those comments even were at the moment.

And none of the links you provided direct me to what was said at the time.

If you want people to understand what you're getting at, and you want to be honest, you need to provide the ORIGINAL link to the ORIGINAL comment.

I'm a fervent supporter of FREEDOM and CHOICE.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#131858 Apr 23, 2013
hey liberals ...
How do "u" like me NOW?!?

:)

Four accused of voter fraud appear in court

Butch Morgan, Pamela Brunette, Beverly Shelton, and Dustin Blythe are all accused of conspiring to force signatures before the 2008 Presidential Primary.[Charges in BELOW link]
http://www.abc57.com/home/top-stories/Four-ac...

Conspiracy to COMMIT Petition FRAUD
Class D Felony
http://images.bimedia.net/documents/Crim+Info...

Filed April 2, 2012
St Joseph Superior Court
St Joseph County
South Bend, Indiana

``````````

"Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,"
BY MOTHER GOOSE

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall;
All the king's horses and all the king's men
Couldn't put Humpty together again.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“RELAX”

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#131859 Apr 23, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
And your point is!
I don't recall what the context of re-posting those comments even were at the moment.
If you want people to understand what you're getting at, and you want to be honest, you need to provide the ORIGINAL link to the ORIGINAL comment.
He defines "Freedom" as "The power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or restraint."

This guy is a nutcase. We all know that nobody has a "right" to "act" without hindrance or restraint. We have laws in this country. You don't have the right to have sex before you are 16 (14 in Arkansas), and you don't have the right to vote before you are 18 and you don't have the right to drink alcohol before you are 21. Other than that, ain't nothing illegal until you get caught.
Welcome To Obamas America

San Bernardino, CA

#131861 Apr 23, 2013
House GOP concludes Hillary Clinton blew Benghazi response

By Stephen Dinan

-

The Washington Times

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

House Republicans have concluded that Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton was responsible for cutting security at the consulate in Benghazi ahead of last year’s attack there, and that the administration lied about why it downplayed terrorism as the cause of the assault.

A new report — the result of months of investigation by five different House committees — says there was plenty of intelligence that presaged the attack, but the State Department and President Obama failed to heed the warnings or give the Defense Department the authority to respond to such an attack.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/...
Follow us:@washtimes on Twitter

“The Beast Within”

Since: Oct 12

Paradise, Calif

#131862 Apr 23, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolute - A value or principle regarded as universally valid or viewed without relation to other things.
>>>> https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy...
Freedom - 1.The power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or restraint.
>>>> https://www.google.com/#hl=en&gs_rn=11&am...
If you don’t want your absolute freedom then don’t complain when the government or somebody else tell you what you can or can’t do with the use of physical or coercive force!
PROTECTING “WE THE PEOPLE” ABILITY TO CHOOSE AS ABSOLUTE FREEDOM!
“ABSOLUTE FREEDOM (ABILITY TO CHOOSE) UNDER THE "ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY" BECAUSE IT (ABILITY TO CHOOSE) IS GOVERNED BY THE ENVIRONMENT ON A UNIVERSAL (GLOBAL) SCALE!”
>>>> http://wh.gov/tWeD
Ability to choose means your freedom in case you didn't know what "the ability to choose mean.
Please sign petition and spread the word fast!
spread the word, spread your legs, SPREAD The MONEY!

EXCLUSIVE: Read the Koch Brothers' Plans for Their Upcoming GOP Donor Retreat.
Billionaires agenda
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/04/k...

M O N E Y

http://youtu.be/eNEdcOeY2G4

BARRET STRONG
mickeymousenation-toon

M O N E Y

San Jose, CA

#131863 Apr 23, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
But, But you are lying one again as usual!
No Quirky, it's YOU who is lying.

I never posted that hateful, vulgar comment that Reality claimed I did.

That makes BOTH of you liars, but then you already know that, troll.

San Jose, CA

#131864 Apr 23, 2013
Just An Honest Man wrote:
<quoted text>I understood the post just fine and I believe the poster has the freedom to make the choice to link or not.
LOL! Sure Ralff. This coming from the hypocrite who's always demanding proof and a link.

And I have the right to request a link to something I posted.

You understand what you choose to understand, even if it's a misunderstanding or a lie. Your name doesn't suit you in the slightest.

San Jose, CA

#131865 Apr 23, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
He defines "Freedom" as "The power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or restraint."
This guy is a nutcase. We all know that nobody has a "right" to "act" without hindrance or restraint. We have laws in this country. You don't have the right to have sex before you are 16 (14 in Arkansas), and you don't have the right to vote before you are 18 and you don't have the right to drink alcohol before you are 21. Other than that, ain't nothing illegal until you get caught.
Sounds absolutely right to me, DP.

I think this is the environmental researcher dude who was trying to teach me Philosophy 101 on Topix.

I just wish people would make their comments more clear. There's always the chance that a person will distort and misrepresent what was originally posted.

No you say?? Not here??? LOL!

I hate ambiguity. It's chickenchit and dishonest.

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#131867 Apr 23, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
And your point is!
It is the original link to original comment! It's ALL about freedom and choice! Did you sign it for your freedom and choice?!

INTEGRITY CHECK!
Gus007

Oneonta, NY

#131868 Apr 23, 2013
Obama to headline fundraiser for largest US abortion provider...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/...

San Bernardino, CA

#131869 Apr 23, 2013
CNN Finds Time for Airport Delays and Mark Sanford's 'Soap Opera,' But Not Gosnell Trial

By Matt Hadro | April 23, 2013 | 16:39

[UPDATED BELOW] CNN's blackout on the trial of abortionist Kermit Gosnell has resumed after a three-week silence was broken for a day on April 12. The network hasn't touched the story in nine days, and despite live coverage of the disasters in Boston and Texas the network has still managed to report on stories like airport traffic, Mark Sanford's "soap opera," and the "North Pond hermit" thief in Maine.

On Friday, April 12, CNN covered the Gosnell trial for the first time since March 21 and basically shelved the story after that. The one exception came in a 90-second discussion by media critic Howard Kurtz of the media coverage of the trial, on the April 14 Reliable Sources. Kurtz lamely offered that CNN aired a "half dozen segments" on the trial, although the actual number of Gosnell mentions was four, not counting one CNN.com article.[Video below.]

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matt-hadro/2013/...

San Bernardino, CA

#131871 Apr 23, 2013
Trial starts for two Democrats accused of forging presidential ballot petitions
Former county party chief and his appointee face felony counts.
April 22, 2013|ERIN BLASKO | South Bend Tribune

SOUTH BEND — Jury selection Monday in the forgery trial involving former head of the county Democratic Party Butch Morgan and party member Dustin Blythe focused on the political affiliation of the prospective jurors and what influence, if any, that might have on the outcome.

Both sides — the state, represented by special prosecutor Stanley Levco, and the defense, represented by public defender Jeffrey Kimmell (Blythe) and William Stanley (Morgan)— asked the jurors whether they were loyal to a particular political party and, if so, whether that might affect their ability to decide the case in an impartial manner.

"Do any of you, because of your political affiliation, feel you are leaning one way or another?" Levco asked.

Some said yes, others said no.

In one case, Kimmell flat out asked a group of 14 prospective jurors whether any of them identified as Republican.

A few raised their hands.

Levco also asked whether any of the jurors felt the alleged crimes were not serious or should not be prosecuted so many years after the fact.

Again, on both points, some said yes while others said no.

Despite the considerable amount of local and even national media attention paid to it over the past 18 or so months, less than half of the 41 prospective jurors questioned on the matter admitted to any prior knowledge of the case.

Some did, however, admit to knowing one or both of the defendants and/or one or more of the potential witnesses.

In the end, it took about three and a half hours to select 14 jurors — four males and 10 females, including two alternates — from a pool of 56. A roar erupted from the jury room when the final three entered about 5 p.m.

Morgan and Blythe are accused of conspiring to forge signatures on petitions to place then-Sens. Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton on the state Democratic primary ballot in 2008.

Morgan faces two counts of conspiracy to commit petition fraud, a Class D felony, and two counts of conspiracy to commit forgery, a Class C felony, while Blythe faces nine counts of forgery and one count of falsifying a petition.

The two sat next to each other Monday. Morgan wore a dark suit with an open-collared dress shirt. A cross hung low around his neck. Blythe wore a pair of khaki dress pants and a white dress shirt. He also wore a tie.

The two spoke to each other on occasion during the selection process but otherwise sat quietly.

Two other defendants in the case — Pam Brunette, the former Democratic head of the county Office of Voter Registration, and Bev Shelton, who worked under Brunette in the office — admitted guilt prior to Monday and are awaiting sentencing.

Brunette pleaded guilty to one count of Class C felony forgery, one count of Class D felony official misconduct and one count of Class D falsifying a petition, while Shelton pleaded guilty to one count of forgery and one count of falsifying a petition.

Both are expected to testify later this week on behalf of the state.

The four defendants were charged in January following a joint investigation by The Tribune and Howey Politics Indiana into alleged fraud involving petitions to place Obama and Clinton on the state Democratic primary ballot in 2008.

Morgan resigned as party chair in the wake of the investigation, and Shelton and Brunette were replaced.

The trial resumes today with jury instructions and opening statements. It is expected to run through Thursday.

http://articles.southbendtribune.com/2013-04-...

San Bernardino, CA

#131873 Apr 23, 2013
Executive Action: Obama To Ban Importation of Ammo, Magazines and Gun Accessories Without Congressional Approval
Mac Slavo
April 23rd, 2013
SHTFplan.com

Over the course of the last month, while Americans were distracted with the threat of nuclear war on the Korean peninsula and the devastation wrought by the Boston bombings, President Obama was quietly working behind the scenes to craft laws and regulations that will further erode the Second Amendment.

Congress, and thus We the People, may have unequivocally rejected federal legislation in March which aimed to outlaw most semi-automatic rifles, restrict magazine capacity, and force national registration, but that didn’t stop the President from ceding regulatory control over firearms importation to the United Nations just two weeks later. What the UN Arms Trade Treaty, passed without media fanfare by 154 counties, would do is to restrict the global trade of, among other things, small arms and light weapons. Opponents of the treaty argue that loopholes within the new international framework for global gun control may make it illegal for Americans to purchase and import firearms manufactured outside of the United States.

To further his gun-grabbing agenda, however, President Obama and his administration didn’t stop there.

Now they’re taking another significant step against Americans’ right to bear arms – and they’re doing it through Presidential Executive Action, a strategy that, once again, bypasses Congressional oversight and the legislative process.

Read more: http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/executi...

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#131874 Apr 23, 2013
The next Presidential hopeful may need to run on the
BenghaziDECEPTION Investigation.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#131876 Apr 23, 2013
Welcome To Obamas America wrote:
Trial starts for two Democrats accused of forging presidential ballot petitions
Former county party chief and his appointee face felony counts.
April 22, 2013|ERIN BLASKO | South Bend Tribune
SOUTH BEND — Jury selection Monday in the forgery trial involving former head of the county Democratic Party Butch Morgan and party member Dustin Blythe focused on the political affiliation of the prospective jurors and what influence, if any, that might have on the outcome.
Both sides — the state, represented by special prosecutor Stanley Levco, and the defense, represented by public defender Jeffrey Kimmell (Blythe) and William Stanley (Morgan)— asked the jurors whether they were loyal to a particular political party and, if so, whether that might affect their ability to decide the case in an impartial manner.
"Do any of you, because of your political affiliation, feel you are leaning one way or another?" Levco asked.
Some said yes, others said no.
In one case, Kimmell flat out asked a group of 14 prospective jurors whether any of them identified as Republican.
A few raised their hands.
Levco also asked whether any of the jurors felt the alleged crimes were not serious or should not be prosecuted so many years after the fact.
Again, on both points, some said yes while others said no.
Despite the considerable amount of local and even national media attention paid to it over the past 18 or so months, less than half of the 41 prospective jurors questioned on the matter admitted to any prior knowledge of the case.
Some did, however, admit to knowing one or both of the defendants and/or one or more of the potential witnesses.
In the end, it took about three and a half hours to select 14 jurors — four males and 10 females, including two alternates — from a pool of 56. A roar erupted from the jury room when the final three entered about 5 p.m.
Morgan and Blythe are accused of conspiring to forge signatures on petitions to place then-Sens. Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton on the state Democratic primary ballot in 2008.
Morgan faces two counts of conspiracy to commit petition fraud, a Class D felony, and two counts of conspiracy to commit forgery, a Class C felony, while Blythe faces nine counts of forgery and one count of falsifying a petition.
The two sat next to each other Monday. Morgan wore a dark suit with an open-collared dress shirt. A cross hung low around his neck. Blythe wore a pair of khaki dress pants and a white dress shirt. He also wore a tie.
The two spoke to each other on occasion during the selection process but otherwise sat quietly.
Two other defendants in the case — Pam Brunette, the former Democratic head of the county Office of Voter Registration, and Bev Shelton, who worked under Brunette in the office — admitted guilt prior to Monday and are awaiting sentencing.
Brunette pleaded guilty to one count of Class C felony forgery, one count of Class D felony official misconduct and one count of Class D falsifying a petition, while Shelton pleaded guilty to one count of forgery and one count of falsifying a petition.
Both are expected to testify later this week on behalf of the state.
The four defendants were charged in January following a joint investigation by The Tribune and Howey Politics Indiana into alleged fraud involving petitions to place Obama and Clinton on the state Democratic primary ballot in 2008.
Morgan resigned as party chair in the wake of the investigation, and Shelton and Brunette were replaced.
The trial resumes today with jury instructions and opening statements. It is expected to run through Thursday.
http://articles.southbendtribune.com/2013-04-...
P-R-A-Y ...

for the "jurors"
to DO the right thing!

~--~

HOW COME THIS
isn't on
NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL NEWS?

Like George Zimmerman WAS!

IT IS of more importance that THAT was!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#131877 Apr 23, 2013
Welcome To Obamas America wrote:
Executive Action: Obama To Ban Importation of Ammo, Magazines and Gun Accessories Without Congressional Approval
Mac Slavo
April 23rd, 2013
SHTFplan.com
Over the course of the last month, while Americans were distracted with the threat of nuclear war on the Korean peninsula and the devastation wrought by the Boston bombings, President Obama was quietly working behind the scenes to craft laws and regulations that will further erode the Second Amendment.
Congress, and thus We the People, may have unequivocally rejected federal legislation in March which aimed to outlaw most semi-automatic rifles, restrict magazine capacity, and force national registration, but that didn’t stop the President from ceding regulatory control over firearms importation to the United Nations just two weeks later. What the UN Arms Trade Treaty, passed without media fanfare by 154 counties, would do is to restrict the global trade of, among other things, small arms and light weapons. Opponents of the treaty argue that loopholes within the new international framework for global gun control may make it illegal for Americans to purchase and import firearms manufactured outside of the United States.
To further his gun-grabbing agenda, however, President Obama and his administration didn’t stop there.
Now they’re taking another significant step against Americans’ right to bear arms – and they’re doing it through Presidential Executive Action, a strategy that, once again, bypasses Congressional oversight and the legislative process.
Read more: http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/executi...
P-R-A-Y ...

for the "jurors"
to DO the right thing!

~--~

HOW COME THIS
isn't on
NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL NEWS?

Like George Zimmerman WAS!

IT IS of more importance that THAT was!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Estefenu NY

#131878 Apr 23, 2013
Just An Honest Man wrote:
<quoted text>The Topix Liberal's worst enemy is the Merriam-Webster Dictionary.
Yep, That is a self evident truth. LOL
Liberals Own It

San Bernardino, CA

#131879 Apr 23, 2013
Obama Supporters Petition to Repeal 6th and 7th Amendments (Right to Speedy & Public Trial by Jury)
Published on Apr 22, 2013

Since: Oct 07

sugarcoated sunshine

#131880 Apr 23, 2013
RayOne wrote:
The next Presidential hopeful may need to run on the
BenghaziDECEPTION Investigation.
Sure, if they want to lose like your last dishonest candidate. I'd do something completely different and nominate a moderate Republican with integrity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min woodtick57 1,251,816
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 9 min Nine Ball 60,552
News Donald Trump surges, and Democrats cheer 10 min white boy 79
News Love Wins Again - Episcopal Churches Change The... 13 min RevKen 6
News Official sued in landmark marriage case reads a... 14 min RalphB 20
News Religious liberty is rallying cry after gay mar... 16 min RalphB 163
News Why the Confederate flag flies in SC 19 min johnplustwomore 2,236
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 35 min Le Jimbo 186,418
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 39 min woodtick57 192,342
News Hispanic leaders want GOP field to condemn Trum... 1 hr Cracker 81
More from around the web