The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 388329 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#126934 Apr 12, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, Hilary was the one in her days before Bill was president who worked to created the right of a Teen to basically get a divorce from their parents, there by taking away more of a parents control of their children. Allowing children to emancipate themselves from the Family. But it also gave the Parents the right to do so. So it also could have given the Parent a way to kick out a lazy Kid.
Who are responsible for the rise in violence and moral decay of our society?
Breaking the Bonds Between Children and Parents
Authoritarian and totalitarian regimes - be they fascist or communist in nature - have always sought to destroy the traditional family unit by severing the bonds between parents and their children, thereby increasing the power of the government.
Adolph Hitler understood that if he were to control the German people, he had to first control the children. He started by first taking charge of the children and educating them to follow his racist view and teaching them that it was OK to kill and torture Jews, and anyone that shared different ideals. Before it was over, Hitler's youth were even turning in their parents if they shared other values.
Today, we see a similar trend in our schools teaching children that Christianity is the root cause of environmental deterioration and homophobic attitudes. And children are empowered through child welfare laws and agencies to turn in offending parents.
Quite simply, Hillary Rodham, Donna Shalala, and other modern statists believe they can raise your children better than you can. That's what they mean by "children's rights" the rights ofchildren to be liberated from the shackles of their evil parents.
http://www.jeremiahproject.com/prophecy/whosr...
From the results since looks like she has proven that it does take a parent and not a village.
higgans

Avon, IN

#126935 Apr 12, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
No one said anything about E-cigs being dangerous.
What a silly question.
well, Ms.Know-it-all, E-cigs are banned here in IN along with real cigs.

didn't know that, eh?

the question still stands.

L-J has already answered it: certain people want what they want.

right, L-J?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#126936 Apr 12, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
make that 75-25 PRO-Progressive....
damn, I just hate being right....:)
Higgans, the other night you said that a twelve year old girl having sex with a 28 year old man "knew what she liked".

All this topix crap aside I have a serious question.

Do you think it is okay for a 28 year old man to have sex with a twelve year old girl or not?
Anonymous

Payson, AZ

#126937 Apr 12, 2013
America is fracturing demographically and culturally.
Economy is slowing losing steam. No jobs except
service industries. And there is not one damned thing
Washington DC can do about it.
It has been suggested that the continuing rise in
gun sales reflects public perception that "the
wheels will come off." Cannot create a better system
until this one shatters.
higgans

Avon, IN

#126938 Apr 12, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>You...
Do you get it now?
damn! I shud have copyrighted that!

I could be reporting u for Topix violation right now.

double-damn!

*I've notice a LOT of my words/expressions being repeated.

ah, flattery... the peanut gallery lifting material from the 'retard'.LOL

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#126939 Apr 12, 2013
More Government Hypocrisy

WASHINGTON – Around the same time the State Department was warning the public about the painful pinch from sequester cuts, it was also signing off on a $700,000 gardening contract at the home of a U.S. ambassador in Belgium, federal documents show.

The State Department is also shopping for landscaping services for U.S. embassies in Santiago, Chile; Bangkok, Thailand; and in Jakarta, Indonesia.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#126940 Apr 12, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>As the subject was on same sex marriage why then did you bring up NAMBLA? Was it to make homosexuals look like they were either pedophilers or that they condomned that type of thing?
http://www.nambla.org/
Here you go, surf on over there and tell me what you think after reading some stories there.
I'll be waiting for your reply.(probably forever) lol.
higgans

Avon, IN

#126941 Apr 12, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
If this had been a wealthy man that had abused girls pos would have never asked "could he have been straight?"
Let's face it, there are some people on this thread that are determined to make a connection between homosexuals and the abuse of children even though they never make the same connection in regards to heterosexuals.
It's intellectually dishonest and based on nothing more than their own prejudice.
well, the discussion was about Homoseaxuals UNTIL the resident H injected heteros into it.

let me be the first to say ALL perversions and perverts are ABNORMAL and some are abhorrent and criminal.... ALL.

any pedophile is lower than whale sh!t and should be shot, then hung and then burned.

serial child molesters should at least be chemically castrated, incarcerated and possibly shot, etc...

how's that?

feel better about yourself now?

or do u still want/need to lump all of the perverts in with homosexuals?

you guys did that trying to make a Progressive defense/deflection.... apples and oranges (do u get that?).

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#126942 Apr 12, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude! The US and the Soviet Union conducted surface tests of atomic bombs back in the 40's, 50's and 60's. The radioactive dusts from those tests followed the jet stream and fell out all across the planet. People with respiratory problems and smokers were hit the hardest but everyone was exposed to that radioactive fallout.
Governments were more than happy to allow tobacco to take the blame and financial liability for all the lung cancer cases in the past half century.
As far as indoor smoking ban go, the main sponsor of all local legislation banning smoking is the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. Johnson and Johnson is the leading seller of nicotine gum and nicotine patches and also own the company that makes smoking cessation drugs.
They have a financial interest in implementing indoor smoking bans because they believe that smokers who want to sit inside bars and restaurants with their friends and business partners will purchase their smokeless nicotine products.
The Robert Wood Johnson foundation targets local health departments, and school boards enticing the leaders with cash and prizes to spearhead local ordinances to ban indoor smoking. Those local leaders then push for these personal issues during their duty hours as they are paid by local tax dollars and they are using locally funded resources to further their agendas. These indoor smoking bans are passed through as local ordinances by a simple majority of a three to seven person council but in most cases local citizens force it to a public vote. In those cases, it's usually a group of local private businessmen with limited resources fighting against government paid employees who violate the law as they utilize taxpayer resources to advocate in favor of the ban. With limited resources, the local private citizens find it difficult to mobilize sufficient votes to overcome the massive campaign efforts of local government servants who have plenty of time to canvass college campuses offering trinkets and other freebies provided by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation to entice masses of students, most being non-residents of the town where the banishment is being proposed, and get them to register and vote in favor of the indoor smoking ban.
After enough cities in a state has outlawed indoor smoking, the folks at Robert Wood Johnson moves on to the statehouse to push for statewide indoor smoking bans. Once a state is in the indoor smoking ban corner, Robert Wood Johnson starts in on advocating local bans on stuff like soda pop, sugary snacks and other products that the Johnson and Johnson corporation has created an alternative substitute for.
Local bars who once served veterans and working class stiffs who enjoyed meeting at the bar after work found themselves with too few non-smoking clientele to stay in business and were forced to fire their staff and close their doors for good.
Indoor smoking bans are not about second hand smoke or health. It's about corporate greed and elitist attitudes. The elitists who push for these bans don't even go into smokey bars or pool halls. Neither do those college kids who vote in favor of the bans. They just pass laws and pat themselves on the backs.
Then isn't it Obama's fault for continuing with the myths and deceptions and outright lies?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#126943 Apr 12, 2013
Stupid Liberals Still Believe The Lies

WASHINGTON - Even as the mandated sequester bites into U.S. federal spending -- and newly appointed Secretary of State John Kerry boasts that he is cutting his budget by 6 percent -- the State Department is planning to boost spending on the [thieving and corrupt] United Nations in 2014 by more than 4 percent to at least $3.6 billion.

That is likely to be far from the final tally of Obama Administration support, as hundreds of millions of dollars in U.S. development, health and other funds are usually channeled through U.N. agencies and institutions -- with the [thieving and corrupt] U.N. agencies taking administrative fees as part of the deal.

The most recent tally on the website of the White House Management and Budget website, for example, lists support for the [thieving and corrupt] U.N. at $7.7 billion -- in 2010.
sunny

Longview, WA

#126944 Apr 12, 2013
EPA to determine how much roof and blacktop your property has using Satellite.http://politicaloutc ast.com/2013/04/epa-mandates-r ain-tax-for-maryland-residents /

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#126945 Apr 12, 2013
Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
No fish. I get my protein from soy sources, beans, whole grains, nuts, protein powder smoothies, and eggs.
That's cool. Did you know that too much unfermented soy products are not really too good? I did say "too much". What is the protein powder made from.

Location hidden

#126946 Apr 12, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
well, the discussion was about Homoseaxuals UNTIL the resident H injected heteros into it.
let me be the first to say ALL perversions and perverts are ABNORMAL and some are abhorrent and criminal.... ALL.
any pedophile is lower than whale sh!t and should be shot, then hung and then burned.
serial child molesters should at least be chemically castrated, incarcerated and possibly shot, etc...
how's that?
feel better about yourself now?
or do u still want/need to lump all of the perverts in with homosexuals?
you guys did that trying to make a Progressive defense/deflection.... apples and oranges (do u get that?).
You were the one that said it was alright for a grown man to molest a 12 year old girl.

If you're changing your statement now that's fine, but it has nothing to do with homosexuals.

This was a real life account of a straight man molesting a 12 year old girl and you didn't have a problem with it at the time, so drop the distractions and deal with the issue.

“Speak softly”

Since: Oct 07

Carry a big sword

#126947 Apr 12, 2013
Quirky wrote:
PETA eyes drones to watch hunters, farmers
Hunters online have suggested they'll shoot down drones
(CNN)—Another animal rights group is shopping for drones it will use to watch for animal abuse -- and gun owners are setting their sights in anticipation.
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals said this week it plans to purchase drones -- small, remote-controlled, camera-carrying aircraft -- to watch for illegal activity among hunters.
In a press release, PETA said it would "monitor those who are out in the woods with death on their minds," using spotlights or feed lures, or drinking alcohol while in possession of a firearm. PETA also intends to fly the remote-controlled aircraft over factory farms, fishing spots and "other venues where animals routinely suffer and die," it said.
Read more: http://www.ksbw.com/news/PETA-eyes-drones-to-...
Reinforces my opinion that these idiots have no business owning a gun.

Since: Jun 10

Redwood City, CA

#126948 Apr 12, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
well, Ms.Know-it-all, E-cigs are banned here in IN along with real cigs.
didn't know that, eh?
the question still stands.
L-J has already answered it: certain people want what they want.
right, L-J?
The previous discussion was about the dangers of REAL cigarettes.

E-Cigarettes are a whole different issue, and there's no conclusive studies yet to determine if they are dangerous or not. They're not subject to alcohol and tobacco laws......YET.

There's a huge market for them here and in Europe, despite what Indiana does.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#126949 Apr 12, 2013
Quirky wrote:
PETA eyes drones to watch hunters, farmers
Hunters online have suggested they'll shoot down drones
(CNN)—Another animal rights group is shopping for drones it will use to watch for animal abuse -- and gun owners are setting their sights in anticipation.
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals said this week it plans to purchase drones -- small, remote-controlled, camera-carrying aircraft -- to watch for illegal activity among hunters.
In a press release, PETA said it would "monitor those who are out in the woods with death on their minds," using spotlights or feed lures, or drinking alcohol while in possession of a firearm. PETA also intends to fly the remote-controlled aircraft over factory farms, fishing spots and "other venues where animals routinely suffer and die," it said.
Read more: http://www.ksbw.com/news/PETA-eyes-drones-to-...
Let the games begin. Practice makes perfect lol

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#126952 Apr 12, 2013
Tranquillity wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe that is what this is all about....his guilty conscience. It sure as Hell isn't about Sandy Hook because what is on the table wouldn't have stopped it.
That is very true.

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#126953 Apr 12, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
let's see, a National government working hand-in-glove with Private businesses, right? I assume to achieve THEIR goals over the people's, right?
BOTH spreading lies and propaganda and polices and POVs designed to aide THEIR agendas, right?
sounds like, er, fascism.
and, Obama continues these same decades long policies, too.
hmmmmm....
that would make our current POTUS the Head Fascist-in-Charge, wouldn't it?
boy, now I am really glad I did NOT vote for THAT!
tell me, did Nazi Germany have National HC, too?
and college for every one.... that the Govt deemed worthy?
we know they had a very aggressive immigration policy! heck, those that wouldn't come to them, they went out GOT!!LOL
how long after the Leaders took control, did the 'cleansing' begin?
how long will it take HERE.... if History repeats?
the 'marriage' of State and Business has been on-going for decades.
culminating in BAIL OUTS and picking/backing 'favorites' TODAY.
from who knows when, thru Bush II and right up to and including Obama.
thanks for the warning(?), NTR.
u do realize that to get rid of those programs YOU deem bad, some or all of THIS govt's policies are going to have to GO, too, right?
that is callled COMPROMISE.
you ready to compromise?
I'll bet NOT....
"Follow, follow, follow... the yellow brick road..."
communism equals red...
Progressivism MUST equal YELLOW.
works for me....
hurry, hurry, HURRY....
I'm just grateful that we didn't end up stuck with the candidate and control that YOU voted for last election. It would have been far worse to be "us" right about now.
Quirky

Denver, CO

#126954 Apr 12, 2013
NTR, FreeDumbch!t8, Rose, And X-Women Are lurking and judging. YUCK !

Location hidden

#126955 Apr 12, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
The previous discussion was about the dangers of REAL cigarettes.
E-Cigarettes are a whole different issue, and there's no conclusive studies yet to determine if they are dangerous or not. They're not subject to alcohol and tobacco laws......YET.
There's a huge market for them here and in Europe, despite what Indiana does.
E-cigarettes have not been banned in Indiana.

I have no idea where he got that, but it isn't true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 8 min Responsibility 3,538
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 38 min Blitzking 199,446
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 53 min Dr Guru 216,942
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 54 min Earthling-1 60,144
News News 28 Mins Ago 'Not the America we want': Oba... 1 hr Patriot 359
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Abe 228,796
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Truth is might 311,355
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Bill 1,395,959
News Boston Globe's front page: AR-15, 'Make It Stop' 7 hr serfs up 501
News Rebellious Democrats disrupt House, stage protest 8 hr An NFL Fan 281
More from around the web