The President has failed us

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Full Story

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#126656 Apr 11, 2013
The Republican Party is in trouble, and it knows it. But it does not have a clue what to do.

The Democratic Party is in trouble, too. But it is troubles run much deeper: It does not even recognize that it has a problem, as it stands on the brink of making that problem substantially worse.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2013...
It's better to know you are in trouble and not nave a clue what to do than to be in trouble and not even recognize it.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#126657 Apr 11, 2013
<have>

“Life is short. Enjoy the ride”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#126658 Apr 11, 2013
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
God knows yourass needs some.:)
LOL! Probably not as much as her brain clearly needs more oxygen - a LOT more.
Welcome To Obamas America

San Bernardino, CA

#126659 Apr 11, 2013
Democrats are Blocking Resolution to Honor Lady Thatcher

Katherine Rosario | April 11, 2013

One would naturally think it impossible that anyone would hesitate – even for an instant – to honor the woman who tackled communism head on as prime minister of Great Britain. Lady Margaret Thatcher was a principled politician who helped to foster the special relationship between Great Britain and the United States that we all benefit from today.

A Senate resolution to honor Lady Thatcher was supposed to pass last night. However, per well placed sources on the Hill, Democrats have a hold on the resolution.

To refuse to honor a woman of such great historical and political significance, who was deeply loyal to the United States, is petty and shameful. One truly has to wonder, what is it about Lady Thatcher that gives them pause? Her unfaltering commitment to freedom? Or perhaps the way she fought for individual liberty and limited government?

The House used traditional bereavement procedures, the same model they used for John F. Kennedy. It’s a simple, solemn means of honoring the individual by passing a resolution and immediately adjourning. Similarly, Great Britain’s House of Commons was recalled, bringing members of Parliament back from vacation to honor Lady Thatcher.

Those actions were a fitting response to the death of one of the world’s greatest post-World War II leaders.

http://heritageaction.com/2013/04/democrats-a...

“Peace”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#126660 Apr 11, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Hi WA.
Eloquently stated.
Slight bow....Thank you....Thank you.

“Peace”

Location hidden

#126661 Apr 11, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>How is that so different from the burning of any plant biomass at all such as burning wood for heating? Or even coal or oil for that matter? What is so damn unique about raw tobacco that is radically different from any other plant matter including wood.
You don't know. I listed many but not all of the toxins in tobacco smoke. Many are added for flavor and long life. Plus no one is stopping people from smoking tobacco just not doing it in public places. They still can smoke outside. So where is the problem?
You know that your freedoms end where my freedoms begin and vice versa.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#126662 Apr 11, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Kindly don't lump all of us Conservatives together- some of these people are taking ignorance to a new level. It's getting embarrassing to read some of their posts.
Point taken and I almost always make a distinction between the far right and conservatives.

It seems like these days more and more conservatives are making that distinction too.

“Peace”

Location hidden

#126663 Apr 11, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>They also are of both genders. Let's not forget that little tidbit.
Yes they do.

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#126664 Apr 11, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>WHO is Junius P. Long, and what is his background or bio? Or is this like posting quotes from Huntscoyotes?
After doing the keyword search thing, i can only say he is a penname for some kind of folksy philosopher who is also know for ""If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles" By Junius P. Long Food For Thought. "He" has a facebook page as well. I thought the post I shared to be somwhat obtuse and misleading in some of it's insights, but entertaining and a bit insightful at the same time. It DOES pose some relevant questions.

“Peace”

Location hidden

#126665 Apr 11, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Good.
Then again, you have the story of the member of NAMBLA along with is boyfriend, kidnapped, raped and killed a little boy. The ACLU came to their defense.
The ACLU is made up of many homosexual attornies.
We can go back and forth and I stated what I had to say.
Love the sinner, hate the sin.
Again, I reiterate, not all homosexuals are pedophiles just as not all heterosexuals are pedophiles.
The question that is not being asked even though I have asked it twice, this making it the third time is:
Why do homosexuals want to join a group as the BSA which is an all male org?
Why don't they join the coed groups that is available?
Why don't they start their own organization for kids?
There is so many alternatives but not addressed.
I have answered your question several times.
Perhaps they have sons that are members. Plus the BSA isn't an all male organization. They also have many female leaders. Why do the females want to join? Do you think they are pediphiles? I get the impression that you do think that a homosexual that wanted to join BSA is doing so because they are pediphiles.

outdoors

#126666 Apr 11, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Aren't you thrilled? Isn't this the way to bring down our deficit faster, and isn't this what you want us to do? Maybe the man isn't a Democrat in the classic sense, and as some of us have said, he would be characterized as a conservative thirty years ago.
Your party loves the chained CPI. They're all in favor of it. How about you? You haven't fallen out of love, have you? After all, Republicans don't care whose taxes are raised (never have) as long as the wealthy aren't impacted negatively.
I think of him as Nero afiddlin' while his Rome burns, and he's sneaking in gasoline when he thinks nobody's watching. I've never known of such colassal gall from a First Family to live so high on the hog while the vast majority of hard-working Americans live in fear of the country's collapse.

outdoors

#126667 Apr 11, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Point taken and I almost always make a distinction between the far right and conservatives.
It seems like these days more and more conservatives are making that distinction too.
I know you do and I'll take it for granted that you do even when you don't bother to say so. You know, it amazes me at the rate this thread grows, and we've none of us convinced anyone that we're right and you're wrong (vice-versa). It reminds me of a bit George Carlin used to do-(ahem),(Your stuff's $hit and my $hit's stuff!". IOW, "my opinion is fact and your facts are opinion"...now you... Pace yourself on that fence clearing.

“Peace”

Location hidden

#126668 Apr 11, 2013
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
Darsan Namaste my gentlelady.
"May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
May the rains fall soft upon your fields,
And, until we meet again,
May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.
This is part of an Irish blessing for you mi amigo.

outdoors

#126669 Apr 11, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>I have answered your question several times.
Perhaps they have sons that are members. Plus the BSA isn't an all male organization. They also have many female leaders. Why do the females want to join? Do you think they are pediphiles? I get the impression that you do think that a homosexual that wanted to join BSA is doing so because they are pediphiles.
Ask any good Catholic, they'll tell you that pedophiles show up in the darndest places.

“Peace”

Location hidden

#126670 Apr 11, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
WA, do you even KNOW what NAMBLA stands for?
that IS the point.
not all gay men are members.
BUT...
by DEFINITION...
ALL members ARE practicing homosexual behaviour.
now do u get IT?
best stick with posting kudos to your favorite posters and leave the heavy lifting to the thinkers.:)
or, better yet, just keep your head and comments buried in the middle ground.lol
just trying to give u some friendly advice.
u take one mis-step with these Progressives and they will turn on you faster than Reid dodging a vote on a House bill!
seen it happen way too many times....
Higgans I know exactly what Nambla stands for....North American man/boy Love Association. I also know that those that are members are homosexuals. But I also know that they don't comprise anything more then a very small number of homosexuals.
So again what's your point? Marriage isn't for anyone that is underage. I see all this as a means to pettifog the issue of same sex marriage.
As to my having a mis-step and having Progressives turn on me that won't happen. They may well turn on my opinion about something but that's not turning on me. If they disagree they say so, if I disagree I say so. That's what discussing issues is all about. It isn't about condescending comments or put downs...it's about discussion of an issue and why one feels the way they do. Showing any backup they may have for their opinions.

“Peace”

Location hidden

#126671 Apr 11, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Ask any good Catholic, they'll tell you that pedophiles show up in the darndest places.
I laughed but that really hurts and it isn't because I'm Catholic. It's because that is so sick, so sad and such a betrayal for those young people.

“Peace”

Location hidden

#126672 Apr 11, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>I know you do and I'll take it for granted that you do even when you don't bother to say so. You know, it amazes me at the rate this thread grows, and we've none of us convinced anyone that we're right and you're wrong (vice-versa). It reminds me of a bit George Carlin used to do-(ahem),(Your stuff's $hit and my $hit's stuff!". IOW, "my opinion is fact and your facts are opinion"...now you... Pace yourself on that fence clearing.
ROFLMAO So very true.

Since: Jun 10

Santa Clara, CA

#126673 Apr 11, 2013
American Lady wrote:
---Wild Irish Rose---
Bravo!! You just described yourself perfectly. Or should I say, the dictionary described you perfectly? LOL!
We know you can't compose a coherent, correctly constructed sentence to save your life.
Y-O-U is how you spell the word "you."
Tomorrow we'll work on some two-syllable words like S-T-U-P-I-D.
---Wild Irish Rose---
Okay, can I "mock and rebuke" YOU instead?
I didn't read the letter--I suspect it's a piece of garbage. LOL!
==========
I posted THIS to another person on another forum ...
BUT ...
It suits for the ILK here ... namely "U" ...
u "vile" piece of SCUM ...
LEARN something by READING before you go calling other people names OR dogging something u have no idea about!...
u do NOTHING but name call ... with vile, putrid crap ...
Therefore u are nothing but a "menace to a MORAL society!"
u need your internet service DISCONNECTED ... imo
I do get HARSH, I'm sure your ILK thinks ...
BUT
I am STATING the TRUTH ..
AND
I am 'defending' MORAL Americans
AND
OUR
Country!
I can NOT stand "morons" in ANY form!
Especially "hard headed" people who will not even listen to REASON!
Name call ME all you want ...
IT bounces off :)
Sticks and stones
may break my bones
BUT your words
will NEVER hurt!
==========
How the GOP Lost the African American Vote, And Their Civil Rights Reputation
If you were to ask your average millennial which party had supported the majority of civil and voting rights legislation for both African Americans and women over the last century, there’s a good chance that they would say the Democrats. Many would be surprised to realize that it was in fact the Republican Party that spearheaded not one, but several landmark pieces of legislation designed to bring women and minorities into the voting fray.
Actions speak louder than words. Despite the fact that Republicans had led the fight for civil rights for a century, a Democrat was in office when everyone was paying attention, and he took the credit for himself and his party. Perhaps more people would not be so willing to laud the accolades onto President Johnson if they heard some of his more colorful thoughts.
* There's one thing that voters of all color and backgrounds share: they like being told what they want to hear. Minorities, white blue collar workers, and those living in poverty were told by one side that there would be help for them, and told by another side that they could and should do it themselves.
* The Republican message wasn’t meant to come across as cold, but voters began to take it that way. The image stuck, and more people ran into the arms of Democrats, who never stopped promising the world, even if they would never be able to deliver it.
http://www.policymic.com/articles/12137/how-t...
Seek help, "lady." LOL!

---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that's about the 13th time you've posted that.
I hope you feel better soon.

American Lady wrote:
BITE ME!
trolluna the douchehag!

I'll pray for you, since you are to be pitied.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/immigration/T...

“Peace”

Location hidden

#126674 Apr 11, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Position on gender
The Boy Scouts of America's official position is that girls cannot participate in its Cub Scouting or Boy Scouting programs. "The Cub Scout and Boy Scout programs were designed to meet the emotional, psychological, physical, and other needs of boys between the ages of 8 and 14. Boys in this age range seek out and enjoy group activities with other boys."[37] However, the Venturing and Learning for Life programs are open to young men and women ages 14 through 21.
Two separate programs.
Yet both programs have many women leaders for those groups.
You are referring to adults aren't you Reality?

“Peace”

Location hidden

#126676 Apr 11, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you say these words to the hateful post coming from the left?
Yes or no will suffice.
As many on your side think I'm on the left the answer would be yes. As I was talking about myself and no one else on either side.
I'm wrong when I find myself judging another poster because of what they post. I try not to do that but I'm human and can at times find myself doing it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 9 min Blitzking 126,904
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min Learn to Read 180,702
The Reasons Why 29 min Mark 6
Aryan Nations recruiting again in northern Idaho (Apr '09) 31 min Commander Bunny 201
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 43 min Dale 162,832
Yes, those Kim Kardashian photos are about race 46 min Diamondiqa 31
Who do you side with in Ferguson? 51 min HOLME 8,307
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr LOL 1,142,189
US, Turkey still not in sync on Syria 1 hr Your Ex 24
What Obama immigration plan means for US economy 4 hr Hooogle It 8

US News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE