The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 412948 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Marion Oaks..

#112480 Mar 6, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>So, he was just a friggin' hyped up cowboy with a loaded weapon and a thirst for power. Okay. I'll buy that.
I lived in Central FL all my life NTR and been/worked through that area most of it.. You can think all you want about Z but I doubt most will buy that.. I would bet my home on the fact he wasn't looking for trouble that night..

Eagle
Huntscoyotes

Lexington, KY

#112481 Mar 6, 2013
Teumessian Fox wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. Bars top the list and churches aren't on it at all. What kind of community wouldn't think churches are important enough to mention?
<I can't resist, and NTR will agree with this> Ahem, they have a church in Lexington, Ky- it's called <bugles blowing> Rupp Arena!!! The One True religon in the bluegrass- college basketball.

“ON THE PROWL”

Marion Oaks..

#112482 Mar 6, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said before, you may not know as much about the law as you think you do.
From what I understand, in Florida, if the jury isn't convinced on the murder charge they have the option of convicting him on the lesser charge of manslaughter.
I'll check to make sure, but that's the way I understood it.
The citizens of central FL seek truth and justice.. From witness #8 lying and the FBI withholding their files.. There will be a verdict and it will be not guilty..

Eagle

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#112483 Mar 6, 2013
Like I thought.

Eagle doesn't know everything he thinks he does.

Turns out that if Zimmerman isn't convicted on the murder charge, the jury does still have the option of convicting him on the lesser charge of manslaughter.

There are dozens of sources that explain this in detail. Most are academic, but here's an easy to understand article that covers it...

The George Zimmerman Case: Five Key Questions

"...it was still a wise strategy on Corey's part, as a jury can always find him not guilty of second-degree murder but guilty of manslaughter. A jury can never find someone guilty of a higher charge, but they can always find him guilty of a lesser charge, so in a sense, she's covering her bases."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mari-fagel/the-...
---------

The moral of this story is, DON"T TAKE LEGAL ADVICE FROM EAGLE!!!

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#112484 Mar 6, 2013
Teumessian Fox wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. Bars top the list and churches aren't on it at all. What kind of community wouldn't think churches are important enough to mention?
Businessweek/Bloomberg.

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#112485 Mar 6, 2013
Huntscoyotes wrote:
<quoted text><I can't resist, and NTR will agree with this> Ahem, they have a church in Lexington, Ky- it's called <bugles blowing> Rupp Arena!!! The One True religon in the bluegrass- college basketball.
When in school and even after I married, we spent our church time at the Unitarian church on campus playing Volleyball. LOL;-) Those Unitarians are very liberal.

Location hidden

#112487 Mar 6, 2013
Teumessian Fox wrote:
<quoted text> You keep overlooking the obvious choice for the jury - acquittal and I assure you, they won't over look it.
They shouldn't overlook it.

If the evidence convinces a jury that Zimmerman did nothing wrong then he should be found not guilty.

I just happen to believe that isn't the way this is going to turn out.
Huntscoyotes

Lexington, KY

#112488 Mar 6, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, we'll see. I'm inclined to believe no Judge is going to sit quietly and allow the victim's character to be impugned with the kind of garbage we've seen on these threads. I'm patient. You can let me know how it went when the case comes to trial. Slander and gossip and libel just tick off most judges. They frown on that stuff in their courtrooms. Facts that are relevant to the case and the situation? Different story. However, almost none of the garbage about Trayvon Martin posted here is likely to be considered relevant, and you can bet the prosecutor won't allow some BS to come into evidence or misinform the jury;-)
That same judge won't let such slanderings occur against GZ either (burden of proof is on the prosecution)- regardless of the garbage that has been brought up. I likely won't let you know because I'm not interested enough in the case, it's __________ that far away on the map. Every time I get exposed to a murder trial, it causes a little bit of deja vu ( I think I've told you about this)- so I won't keep up with the proceedings.

Location hidden

#112490 Mar 6, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The citizens of central FL seek truth and justice.. From witness #8 lying and the FBI withholding their files.. There will be a verdict and it will be not guilty..
Eagle
Zimmerman has credibility problems of his own, but all of that aside I hope you'll understand that in light of how many times you have already been wrong about how this case was going to play out I'm just not ready to accept your opinion as fact.

There will be a trial and the jury will decide.
Huntscoyotes

Lexington, KY

#112491 Mar 6, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>When in school and even after I married, we spent our church time at the Unitarian church on campus playing Volleyball. LOL;-) Those Unitarians are very liberal.
I'm sure you did, m'Lady- but you know there's more than a nugget of truth in my previous post.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#112493 Mar 6, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Eagle
In light of the evidence of inconsistency I could agree with your prediction.

“ON THE PROWL”

Marion Oaks..

#112494 Mar 6, 2013
Teumessian Fox wrote:
<quoted text>
The same is true with people who don't understand that there can be several great ways to get a case won but a good lawyer picks the one the will work the easiest and most effectively even though many apply. But nothing has been taken off the table except a hearing the defense didn't have time to prepare for and stand your ground is still in the game and at play.
Are you aware that the FBI turn over the information they have to Zman's defense even though they were ordered to? They aren't playing fair with him. Hard to put a defense together when they are sandbagging info.
The state can't use what the FBI has either in court.. Like I stated earlier what happened to helping LEA's?? Isn't that what homeland security was all about.. Agencies working together??

Eagle

“ON THE PROWL”

Marion Oaks..

#112496 Mar 6, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
Like I thought.
Turns out that if Zimmerman isn't convicted on the murder charge, the jury does still have the option of convicting him on the lesser charge of manslaughter.
There are dozens of sources that explain this in detail. Most are academic, but here's an easy to understand article that covers it...
"...it was still a wise strategy on Corey's part, as a jury can always find him not guilty of second-degree murder but guilty of manslaughter. A jury can never find someone guilty of a higher charge, but they can always find him guilty of a lesser charge, so in a sense, she's covering her bases."
---------
I never said they can't go for a lesser charge.. No doubt they will and fail.. Their star witness is a liar and proven under oath.. Why don't you want her in jail jax??

Eagle

Since: Jun 10

Redwood City, CA

#112498 Mar 6, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
Like I thought.
---------
Thank you, Jax.

That's what I was asking.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#112499 Mar 6, 2013
Teumessian Fox wrote:
<quoted text>
The same is true with people who don't understand that there can be several great ways to get a case won but a good lawyer picks the one the will work the easiest and most effectively even though many apply. But nothing has been taken off the table except a hearing the defense didn't have time to prepare for and stand your ground is still in the game and at play.
Are you aware that the FBI turn over the information they have to Zman's defense even though they were ordered to? They aren't playing fair with him. Hard to put a defense together when they are sandbagging info.
Agree

Location hidden

#112500 Mar 6, 2013
Teumessian Fox wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe we should let the jury decide now but I doubt it should have ever been taken this far to begin with.
Ye, I remember several of you swearing up and down that Zimmerman would never be charged in the first place.

I've learned to take what you have to say about this case with a grain of salt and check the info on my own.

“ON THE PROWL”

Marion Oaks..

#112501 Mar 6, 2013
Teumessian Fox wrote:
State's main witness in George Zimmerman murder case lied
Trayvon Martin's girlfriend, the state's most important witness in the George Zimmerman murder case, was caught in a lie, it was revealed Tuesday. It was not the first piece of misinformation tied to her, but it was the most damaging to date and left prosecutors in a very awkward position. They had to publicly acknowledge that their star witness had lied under oath and had to answer questions about what they intend to do about it. Reporters asked: Will you charge the 19-year-old Miami woman with perjury? The state's lead prosecutor, Bernie de la Rionda, gave an ambiguous answer: "You can all read the law and make your own decision."
more
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/bre...
So what do you think? Should she be charges? Will she be charged?
I think she should be in jail myself..

Eagle
American Lady

Danville, KY

#112503 Mar 6, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
Like I thought.
---------
I would come closer to
STAKING my livelihood on what Eagle says ...
Than on what "you" say!

He IS telling the TRUTH ...
"you" .... NO!

It ain't in you.

“ON THE PROWL”

Marion Oaks..

#112504 Mar 6, 2013
Teumessian Fox wrote:
<quoted text> I agree, assuming it gets to the trial and is not dropped before hand.
What is the FBI hiding?
A year or two ago in this town we had a murder conviction over turned and a man set free because the prosecution played games like that.
The FBI gave enough shadow of doubt there will never be a conviction.. They are hiding along with #8 lying Z will walk a free man..

Eagle

Location hidden

#112505 Mar 6, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said they can't go for a lesser charge.. No doubt they will and fail.. Their star witness is a liar and proven under oath.. Why don't you want her in jail jax??
Eagle
Does the law call for her to be jailed Eagle?

Unless I'm mistaken she has not been accused of lying under oath.

If I'm wrong about that give me a link and I'll be glad to read it.

What I know for sure is that there is no indication that she has lied about what she says she heard that evening.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kansas community tries to heal from shooting; b... 2 min anonymous 1
News Being conservative is not being racist 3 min huntcoyotes 462
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 4 min Truth hurts 6,021
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 4 min Texxy the Selfie Cat 21,185
News Trump puts moderate GOP governors in awkward spot 4 min anonymous 5
News DNC race tight as Democrats seek gains against ... 10 min spud 114
News Santa Cruz accuses ICE agents of 'betrayal' 12 min Lex Luther 6
News White House adviser asked FBI to dispute Russia... 31 min CodeTalker 30
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 58 min Copout 1,497,801
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Garthok 237,649
More from around the web