The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 390992 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#106552 Feb 23, 2013
ima wrote:
<quoted text> GOOD! THIS KEEPS THE DICTATOR IN CHECK!

The "dictator" has had his chance:

"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." -- George Bush -- Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000

Poor teabagger.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#106553 Feb 23, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you making fun of his comments? You shouldn't do that. lol
I did not refer to him as "uneducated".

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#106554 Feb 23, 2013
just a sista wrote:
<quoted text>
But obviously not refutable by you. That is what is so laughable.
Too ridiculous to bother refuting sista!

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#106555 Feb 23, 2013
Liberals Own It wrote:
Forbes Lists America's 20 'Most Miserable Cities'; Guess What The Vast Majority Have in Common?
By Tom Blumer | February 23, 2013 | 08:58
Forbes just published its 20 Most Miserable Cities List for 2013. The magazine left off several obviously more "worthy" contenders, perhaps because its decisions to include and exclude certain criteria were, to say the least, more than a little odd.
I have listed the magazine's top twenty following the jump, along with each city's mayor and that person's political leanings, showing a commonality the magazine's Kurt Badenhausen failed to observe:
20. Youngstown, Ohio -- Charles P. Sammarone, Democrat
19. Gary, Indiana -- Karen Freeman-Wilson, Democrat
18. Poughkeepsie, New York -- John C. Tkazyik, Republican
17. Cleveland, Ohio -- Frank Jackson, Democrat
16. Atlanta, Georgia -- Kasim Reed, Democrat
15. Atlantic City, New Jersey -- Lorenzo Langford, Democrat
14. Milwaukee, Wisconsin -- Tom Barrett, Democrat
13. Camden, New Jersey -- Dana Redd, Democrat
12. St. Louis, Missouri -- Francis Slay, Democrat
11. Toledo, Ohio -- Michael Bell, ran as an independent but is a lifelong Democrat
10. New York, New York -- Michael Bloomberg, Nanny State "Independent" since 2007; Democrat before 2001; ran as a Republican in 2001 just to get a spot on the ballot.
9. Waukegan, Illinois -- Robert G. Sabonjian, Democrat (see first paragraph following this list)
8. Stockton, California -- Anthony Silva, a Republican sworn into office by Democrat and former California Assembly Speaker Willie Brown.
7. Warren, Michigan -- James Fouts, Republican
6. Vallejo, California -- Osby Davis, Not determinable
5. Modesto, California -- Garrad Marsh, "non-partisan," clear Democrat sympathies
4. Chicago, Illinois -- Rahm Emanuel, Democrat
3. Rockford, Illinois -- Larry Morrissey, Independent
2. Flint, Michigan -- Dayne Walling, "nonpartisan," formerly worked for U.S. Rep. Dale Kildee, a Democrat
1. Detroit, Michigan -- Dave Bing, Democrat
Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/2013/...
Do any Republicans live in those cities? I think they're all in the burbs somewhere living in gated communities, or else they're in the rural rural (yeah - twice) areas cooking up meth. Did you somehow think that with there being no Republicans in town, one could get elected? These folks have already been there, done that, and it turned them all into Democrats after they drove the d*mned Republicans out of town for ripping them off repeatedly! Why do you think they're poor and miserable in the first place?

Come to think of it, I think that's now happening on a national scale. That's why the Republican party is hellbent on redistricting:

Texas Redistricting: Federal Court Blocks Legislature-Drawn Maps

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/28/texa...

SAN ANTONIO — Texas Republican lawmakers discriminated against minority voters while drawing new political boundaries, a federal court ruled Tuesday, rejecting a plan pushed by the state's GOP leaders in a decision that likely comes too late to affect the November elections but is set to reverberate to 2014.

In some cases, black congressional members in Texas had economic drivers such as sporting arenas freshly carved out of their districts, though "no such surgery" was performed on any belonging to white incumbents, according to the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.(cont.)
higgans

Avon, IN

#106556 Feb 23, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
Obama in '06: Raising American's debt ceiling "is a sign of leadership failure."
Obama in '13: Not raising the debt ceiling would be "absurd" and "irresponsible."
When BO changes his mind, and he has done so very often, he is evolving, but when a republican changes his/her mind, they are flip-flopping. Has anybody ever truly listened to his rhetoric?
it's called 'Progressive-speak'. what Orwell called 'Double-speak'. what the Nazis and Marxists used repeatedly.

welcome to the Americanized version of Big Brother...
sun

Longview, WA

#106557 Feb 23, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Spelling may not be his forte, but he should not be made fun of.
thank you honey,don't let him bother ya ,he's right can't spell verygood can't type very good ,but can read, an read what he's saying on here,i'v run into lot of guys like him in my life i'm sure he's lacking in some area's have a nice life x

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#106558 Feb 23, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm curious (really). Obama opted to pursue HC 'reform' over 'tax inequality' during his first 1/2 years... when he COULD get ANY program done (or, pert near).
in your opinion, WHY did he do that?
think about it... if he would have re-wrote the FIT codes to, say, a flat standard deduction ($40, 50, 60k) and a FLAT tax on ALL income over that deduction, what would that have done to 'revenues'? and FOR the economy?
let's say it would have really jump-started a REAL recovery... HC reforms would have been easy-squeasy. even true single-payer (read that National HC a la Europe). Immigration 'reform', too.
WHY didn't he DO IT? remember, the Party of Tax Breaks For the Wealthy was NOT able to stop HC. I cannot believe that those members of that Party that support either Tax Reform or a Flat Tax would have balked like they did about HC. such a movement would have had REAL BI-partisan support... at least waaaay more than HC.
WHY?
I don't know. In fact, my initial complaint about the President is that I thought he got his priorities wrong. I think he should have stayed on the economy longer. JMO

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#106559 Feb 23, 2013
ima wrote:
<quoted text> GOOD! THIS KEEPS THE DICTATOR IN CHECK!
Interesting take regarding this subject.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/02/obamas-...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#106560 Feb 23, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not refer to him as "uneducated".
LOL

I didn't ask you if you referred to him as "uneducated".

I asked you if you were making fun of his comments.

It seems that hypocrisy could be YOUR "forte". ;)

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#106561 Feb 23, 2013
Wild Irish Rose wrote:
Ta da! It's still here. There sure are a lot of threads on this forum.
Anybody have a beer? I feel like a Tecate. LOL!
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
What?? Are you drinking by any chance?
I am neither "right wing" nor a "troll," and I have never had "multiple accounts," and I know what you're accusing me of, POS.
You lose, POS because you're a liar.
You're off topic again.
Not yet. Tecate?:)

Location hidden

#106562 Feb 23, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Could be. It's an exceedingly small amount and way less that the number I regenerate in the same time.
I can afford it if that's what it takes to get the point across that our president is failing us. LOL :)
Not so sure eh?

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#106563 Feb 23, 2013
Gus007 wrote:
Obama getting re-elected proves you can't fix stupid...!
Who can fight against Santa Claus and a rabid Liberal Media?

Location hidden

#106564 Feb 23, 2013
positronium wrote:
And you hate that.
Hate what? The number 224665? Nope. Maybe that's bow many lies you've told. ;)

Location hidden

#106565 Feb 23, 2013
s/b how
higgans

Avon, IN

#106566 Feb 23, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, those of us with a brain have given up trying to remind those on the far right why we are where we are.
Driving in the wrong direction really fast for eight long years takes time to get back to the right path. Especially with a right wing controlled house of representatives who refuse to get back on the bus and get moving.
Every single issue that the extreme right wing has raised since President Obama was first elected were problems for the entirety of the eight years that the republicans controlled all three branches of government yet they did absolutely nothing about them.
Illegal immigration, border security, out of control government spending, health care costs, crime, voter fraud, national debt, housing markets, fraud, intrusive government, loss of property owners rights, defrauding the public trust and the list goes on and on and on...
...but, it would do no good trying to explain any of this to someone who refuses to accept reality so we simply taunt and tease those idiots with wit and wisdom and allow them to make fools of themselves on a public forum.
hey, NTR & co, if u'all ever wondered why those on ur side and those pols u'all most support LIE so much, HERE IS A PRIME EXAMPLE!

DP, to support his anti-Rep/Bush post, HAD to lie about the outcome of the 2006 Mid-Term elections.... when the Reps LOST control of the Congress.

did DP hestitate to LIE about a well-known historical fact? hell, no. facts don't bother such posters or pols. like Clinton said all those years ago:'It depends on what is IS.'

for far too long, IS is what the folks with the loudest bullhorn says it is. those in national elected positions WITH the help of a complicent Press can make what IS any thing they want to just enough like- or weak-minded sheeple.

after reading this OBVIOUS LIE, I immediately hit reply. let's get back and see how many 'truth-minded' posters, like WA or NTR or Rose or Jax, call him on his 'mistake' and attempt to correct it, shall we?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#106567 Feb 23, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
"Republican has become synonymous with loser and extremists and obstructionists."
May be YOUR opinion, but definitely not a true statement. "Defense mode"? Again, your opinion. This thread is "The President Has Failed Us" and we are here to to comment on these failures. If you want only positive comments about Obama, you should create a thread "The President Has Succeeded".
You and others obviously have no problem with Obama's policies and the direction he is leading us. That is fine. I am happy for you. I and others do not agree.
You continuously point out the election is over and the majority of Americans chose Obama. I am very aware of that fact. It certainly was not a land slide as 49% of Americans did NOT choose Obama. Bottom line is he did win. I accepted his win, but I do not have to be silent regarding his continued failures. That is why I came to this specific thread.
That was my same reason and intention when I presented the first comment of this thread.
Thank you so very much for bringing this to light and you said it so very much more eloquently than I could have ever said it.
Kudos to you.
They are exposed
higgans

Avon, IN

#106568 Feb 23, 2013
sun wrote:
dontpanic i'm not sure about rep. controling all three house for 8 year i could be wrong don't matter thought fed.reserve in full control of money.vietnam vet brother just call haven't heard from him for a month coming up to watch nascar race have a good day.
here's one... from which side?:)
higgans

Avon, IN

#106569 Feb 23, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
"dem. had control of everything first two years of pres.obamas admi"
Actually, that's not the truth. Democrats had a 60 seat majority from September 24, 2009 thru February 4, 2010. 4 months; not 2 years. After that they had 56 Democrats and 2 Democratically-minded Independents. Not 58 Democrats. Also, Senator Kennedy was dieing and Al Franken not being seated while his opponent challenged the vote reduced the 60 votes required to overcome the republican filibusters to less than 58. Noting passed because the republicans folded their arms and told the world that they needed the President of the United States to fail for their own political gain.
The republican party has tried to force America to fail on purpose. They said it over and over. They wanted to get the oval office back so bad that they didn't care about the nation or the people.
That's the truth.
and NOW DP speaks of truth to another poster?LOL

truth is the new IS, eh, DP?:)
higgans

Avon, IN

#106570 Feb 23, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know. In fact, my initial complaint about the President is that I thought he got his priorities wrong. I think he should have stayed on the economy longer. JMO
YOU don't have an opinion about WHY the man YOU supported TWICE for Pres did what he did? really?

or, you just don't want to say?

go find one of your favorite sites (I'm sure there IS at least one out there that can supply an answer to WHY) and post it to us....

NTR is opinion-LESS????lol

yeah, like you, I didn't know WHY he chose HC reform over tax/jobs/trade/economy relief... for SURE. BUT, I didn't vote for him either time.

is your political mantra: befuddle me ONCE and I'll vote for you TWICE?

you are a HOOT, NTR!

Since: Jun 10

Martinez, CA

#106571 Feb 23, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>No I'm not off topic. You and Obama have both failed us.
LOL! You're nuts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Uncle Tab 232,749
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min ester povington 1,403,034
News Clinton On Police Murders: 'Don't Let Hate Infe... 6 min IDONTKNOW 67
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 6 min Chilli J 5,239
News Excited by Trump, gay Republicans struggle with... 7 min make Donald Drump... 35
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' 10 min make Donald Drump... 47
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 11 min woodtick57 20,580
News RNC Day 3: Cruz booed, Pence nominated 14 min USAUSAUSA 202
News Despite her many roles, Hillary Clinton still h... 16 min woodtick57 86
News Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as vice preside... 19 min make Donald Drump... 128
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 32 min Dr Guru 219,282
More from around the web