The President has failed us

Full story: Times News

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.
Comments
88,661 - 88,680 of 255,491 Comments Last updated 7 min ago

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. And he didn't go AWOL during Vietnam. He just called in sick. Right?
Of course he got bad intelligence then. It's always someone else's fault. Like when he got out of Harken Energy, just before the SEC would investigate him for insider trading, notwithstanding that Osama Bin Laden's cousin was one of the biggest investors of Arbusto oil, owned by your beloved Dubya.
I suppose that also was someone else's fault.
Interesting track record; Bush goes AWOL, and is joined together at the hip with the family if this country's enemy #1, and is responsible for the real estate bubble, but it is all Obama's fault; right?
You should stop drinking that turd tea.
The Butler report's conclusion that British intelligence was "credible" clearly doesn't square with what US intelligence now believes. But these new reports show Bush had plenty of reason to believe what he said, even if British intelligence is eventually shown to be mistaken.

http://www.factcheck.org/bushs_16_words_on_ir ...
----------

This is based on two Commissions' findings. I didn't blame Obama for anything in my post. You are really reaching.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not "looking for a fight" at all Jax. I just thought it was a very broad statement. Not everyone on "my side" of the political spectrum "spread hate, personal attacks, and racial prejudice" just as everyone on "your side" do not.
I said "some" and I said it in light of comments made by several profiles and posts that have since been banned. It was not a broad statement, it was very specific and limited to those individuals that do in fact post such racist material.

Do you think it's wrong to call a child racial slurs Honey?

If you do then I wasn't talking about you and I'm not sure why you seem to have taken offense or why you would be so determined to broaden the scope of what I actually said.

I don't have a side. I'm just me and sooner or later that irritates the hell out of both "sides".

Today it seems to be your turn.
Liberals Own It

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Big Three Network Double Standard on Labeling Scandalous Politicians

By Geoffrey Dickens | February 21, 2013 | 11:33

All too often when reporters are discussing Democrats caught in scandals, they develop a peculiar speech impediment that prevents them from uttering the "D" word. However, when members of the GOP stumble, the word "Republican" cascades out of the mouths of reporters.

When news broke on February 15 that former Democratic Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. was charged with improperly spending campaign funds on (among other items) Michael Jackson and Bruce Lee memorabilia, the Big Three (ABC, CBS, NBC) network anchors and reporters struggled to get their lips to form the word "Democrat." In 15 total stories on Jackson, reporters failed to utter the "D" word in 11 of them (73 percent). On the February 21 CBS This Morning Jackson was labeled a Democrat, but only in an on-screen graphic.

When word got out that the FBI was investigating New Jersey Democratic Senator Bob Menendez's jaunts (that may have included solicitation of prostitutes) with a campaign contributor to the Dominican Republic, the Big Three networks whistled past the scandal by airing a total of just eight stories since the story broke on January 24.

The reluctance to attach the "D" label to Jackson and give limited coverage to Menendez are typical examples of the liberal media's reluctance to tarnish the Democratic Party with its more ethically- challenged members. It's a courtesy that they have not extended to scandalized members of the GOP.

Over the years, the MRC has chronicled the vast disparity in how GOP politicians embroiled in scandals are covered compared to how sullied Democrats are covered, or in some cases, not covered.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/geoffrey-dickens...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I thought it was worth presenting. Was it not, Jax?
Btw I don't cling. My opinions are different than what was presented. Why do you assume so much, especially in regards to "truth"?
Again, was that "online survey" not worth presenting here for the benefit of others besides me?
I simply thought it was worth presenting the truth about recent polls in regards to that one anomalous online survey so that's what I did.

No reason to get all bent out of shape about it.

Maybe you should just stick to harassing and insulting female posters you don't like.
sun

Longview, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

marlowe44 wrote:
<quoted text>
the difference is that the hate from the left all too frequently results in violence and destruction, even deaths. Take OWS for example, crimes, assaults, property damage. When conservative groups like the Tea Party demonstrate they clean up the park before they leave. That tells me all i need to know about which side can claim moral superiority
completely agree with ya,lelf reminds me of lift over 60s hippies
Liberals Own It

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Former Striking Hostess Workers' Eligibility For Govt.'Trade Adjustment Assistance' Not a National Story

By Tom Blumer | February 21, 2013 | 09:36

Yesterday, the Department of Labor announced that it had certified "more than 18,000 former Hostess workers around the country as eligible to apply for Trade Adjustment Assistance." I'll save excerpts from DOL's inane announcement for after the jump.

The story has garnered some local coverage in areas affected by Hostess plant closures late last year, including a couple of regional Associated Press stories. But the AP, based on a search on "hostess," did not have a story at its national site as of 9 a.m. today, even though former Hostess workers in 48 states are affected. Additionally, virtually every story found in a Google News search on "Hostess trade adjustment" (not in quotes) is local in nature. Could this possibly be because doling out tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars to workers whose unions thought the company was bluffing when it said it would throw in the towel without acceptable labor contracts is more than a little embarrassing, especially when President Barack Obama is simultaneously claiming that the federal government will have no choice but to lay off and furlough employees if sequestration takes place?

Here is most of DOL's announcement (bolds are mine throughout this post):

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/2013/...

“RELAX”

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Not here, but we're expecting freezing rain this afternoon and tonight.
Supposed to get into the 50's tomorrow though so it won't last long.
I've already got a bad case of cabin fever this winter. One more round of being snowed in and I'll probably end up on the evening news.
;)
It's been so dry around here that I really don't mind being snowed in. It's good weather for baking.
Lock N Load

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Gun Control Was – Historically – About Repressing Blacks

Washington’s Blog
Feb 21, 2013

Preface: I was raised to be against guns. My parents hated guns, and believed that they only lead to crime and accidental shootings.

I was raised in a blue state, and I have long been deeply influenced by leading voices for non-violence, such as Gandhi and King. So – until recently – I was pro gun-control.

As such, I was stunned to learn about the historical background behind gun control campaigns.

The Real History of Gun Control

Read more: http://www.infowars.com/gun-control-was-histo...
Liberals Own It

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

DMV says Iraq war veteran's personalized license plate ICUHAJI encourages violence and is vulgar

By Daily Mail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 13:00 EST, 20 February 2013 | UPDATED: 13:02 EST, 20 February 2013

An Iraq war veteran's ongoing fight to get his personalized license plate back entered a new phase after the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles ruled that the plate encourages violence and is vulgar.

Sean Bujno's plate reads:‘ICUHAJI,’ which can be read to state:‘I See You, Haji.’ Some Arab-Americans object to that phrase.

A circuit court judge ruled last November that the DMV couldn't deny the Chesapeake man's license on the basis that it denigrated individuals of a particular nationality.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22818...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>It's simple RH so much of the talk that has been coming from the radical right.....note I said radical right, is nothing more then hate talk. They hated the illegals, they hated Muslims, they hated liberals, they hated President Obama...hate....hate....hate.
Most radicals on either side seem to hate specific groups of people. Most of the radical left hate religious groups, those against abortion, the NRA, etc. It is definitely a two-way street.

Although there are posters from the radical right and radical left, I believe the vast majority of posters just feel very strongly about their specific ideologies. Disagreeing on policies, methodologies, opinions, etc. does not necessarily involve hate.
Liberals Own It

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Tea Party 2.0: Focus On The Four R’s & Fight Back
Rebrand. Retool. Recruit. Re-engage.

By: LaborUnionReport (Diary)| February 5th, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Last Monday evening, I had the privilege and disappointment of speaking with yet another Tea Party group that had come to hear a message on How to Become a Force Multiplier.

I say it was a privilege to speak to this group (and others like it) because, as always, I found the group comprised of Americans concerned about the future direction of America and highly desirous to hear a message on how to save and restore it.

Yet, it was also a disappointment because, after nearly four years of this upstart movement—this “beautiful chaos” called the Tea Party Movement—after all the demonization by the institutional Left and its media apparatchik; the backstabbing by the Republican establishment; after millions of dollars of donations from large and small donors alike, last Monday’s group (like so many others) were largely unaware of the size of the behemoth we face and, worse, have never been given the basic tools necessary to lead a movement.

As a former mobilization coordinator for the other side, I was disappointed to meet yet another Tea Party group that, after nearly four years, had not even formed a committee to recruit more people into their ranks—something that is absolutely essential to building a movement.[Worse is the fact that, given the age of many Tea Party activists, attrition in the movement is a very real problem.]

While their naivete is not their fault, I was left wondering: Where has all the money gone from all the donations given to the legacy groups? Though it is, in many cases, too late now, why didn’t anyone teach these amateur leaders of a movement how to lead a movement?

It is for all of the above reasons, we (collectively) need to re-evaluate the direction of this hybrid movement called the Tea Party.

Each and every individual that remains associated with the Tea Party movement, needs to look closer at what has gone well and, more importantly, what hasn’t gone well with the Tea Party.

Below are recommendations, for your consideration, to help rebuild a movement that has been attacked (unjustly) by its enemies as well as its alleged “allies.”

Before you can begin to focus on How to Become A Force Multiplier, as I observed (again) last Monday, there must be a re-examination of the Tea Party and where it is going.

Let’s start with some basic needs:

Read more:http://www.redstate.com/2 013/02/05/tea-party-2-0-focus- on-the-four-rs-fight-back/
Liberals Own It

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Graham: A National I.D. Card ‘Is the Public’s Way of Contributing’
10:51 AM, Feb 21, 2013 • By JEFFREY H. ANDERSON

Having profoundly failed to enforce federal immigration law for the past several decades, the federal government is now angling to use the immigration debate as a means to accentuate its own power. The Wall Street Journal reports that Senator Lindsey Graham (R., S.C.), among others, supports a national biometric I.D. card, calling it “the public’s way of contributing to solving the problem” of illegal immigration.

Read more: http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/graham-na...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>
'Black Presidents': 6 United States Commanders In Chief Before Obama
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/18/blac...
Posted: 02/18/2013
Several scholars have discussed the genealogy of these presidents in the past, and the debate was reignited after Obama was elected in 2008.
Check out the slideshow below for a list of former heads of state who allegedly were descendants of African-Americans:
Starts with Thomas Jefferson;-)
The Republican Party first came to power in 1860 with the election of Lincoln to the Presidency and Republicans in control of Congress and again, the Northern states. It oversaw the saving of the union, the end of slavery, and the provision of equal rights to all men in the American Civil War and Reconstruction, 1861-1877.[6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party...

“obamabot livs”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Liberals Own It wrote:
Big Three Network Double Standard on Labeling Scandalous Politicians
By Geoffrey Dickens | February 21, 2013 | 11:33
All too often when reporters are discussing Democrats caught in scandals, they develop a peculiar speech impediment that prevents them from uttering the "D" word. However, when members of the GOP stumble, the word "Republican" cascades out of the mouths of reporters.
When news broke on February 15 that former Democratic Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. was charged with improperly spending campaign funds on (among other items) Michael Jackson and Bruce Lee memorabilia, the Big Three (ABC, CBS, NBC) network anchors and reporters struggled to get their lips to form the word "Democrat." In 15 total stories on Jackson, reporters failed to utter the "D" word in 11 of them (73 percent). On the February 21 CBS This Morning Jackson was labeled a Democrat, but only in an on-screen graphic.
When word got out that the FBI was investigating New Jersey Democratic Senator Bob Menendez's jaunts (that may have included solicitation of prostitutes) with a campaign contributor to the Dominican Republic, the Big Three networks whistled past the scandal by airing a total of just eight stories since the story broke on January 24.
The reluctance to attach the "D" label to Jackson and give limited coverage to Menendez are typical examples of the liberal media's reluctance to tarnish the Democratic Party with its more ethically- challenged members. It's a courtesy that they have not extended to scandalized members of the GOP.
Over the years, the MRC has chronicled the vast disparity in how GOP politicians embroiled in scandals are covered compared to how sullied Democrats are covered, or in some cases, not covered.
Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/geoffrey-dickens...
The same thing happens when the race of a perp isn't given, but we know who they are.

“obamabot livs”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Lock N Load wrote:
Gun Control Was – Historically – About Repressing Blacks
Washington’s Blog
Feb 21, 2013
Preface: I was raised to be against guns. My parents hated guns, and believed that they only lead to crime and accidental shootings.
I was raised in a blue state, and I have long been deeply influenced by leading voices for non-violence, such as Gandhi and King. So – until recently – I was pro gun-control.
As such, I was stunned to learn about the historical background behind gun control campaigns.
The Real History of Gun Control
Read more: http://www.infowars.com/gun-control-was-histo...
Unlikely.

“We ain't GOT no problems”

Since: Feb 13

dilbertville USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
actually, pok-a-guy, I am Pro Choice... very.
so much, I don't think we have enough of them.
matter of fact, in certain cases, I think they should be allowed to 21 yrs POST birth.
sorta like Nature. in Nature, there are wolves to take care of the defective deer. only Man allows mistakes to drag down the 'herd'.
very Progressive-thinking of me, yes?
seriously, America is ALL about CHOICES, is it not? ergo, Pro Choice...
now, go suck a.... egg.:)
Keep telling it like it IS higgans!
hurry hurry hurry ...
Lock N Load

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Beautiful: Katie Pavlich demolishes Touré’s latest pitiful argument for gun control
Posted at 11:14 am on February 21, 2013 by Twitchy Staff

http://twitchy.com/2013/02/21/beautiful-katie...

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

You were expecting him NOT to fail???

projectmyanalpha.blotspot.com

“obamabot livs”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

sun wrote:
<quoted text>completely agree with ya,lelf reminds me of lift over 60s hippies
Sadly, and to the detriment of the country, left over hippies are in control of way too many of our institutions. Most of them like Chris "tingles" Mathews live in exclusive, upscale all white communities.

"Like many suburban towns throughout the United States during the first half of the 20th century, Chevy Chase excluded individuals based on race and religion. Founder Francis G. Newlands was an "avowed racist"[3] who in 1912 mounted his presidential campaign on a platform that called for a constitutional amendment to disenfranchise black men and limit immigration to whites only. Three years earlier, the Chevy Chase Land Company had brought suit against a developer who had begun to sell lots to black people in a planned subdivision called "Belmont" on the grounds that the developer had committed fraud by proposing "to sell lots...to negroes."[3]

By the 1920s, exclusionary language had begun to appear in Chevy Chase real estate deeds. Some prohibited both the sale or rental of homes to "a Negro or one of the African race."[4] Others prohibited sales or rentals to "any persons of the Semetic (sic) race."[5] By World War II, such restrictive language had largely disappeared from real estate transactions, and all were voided by the Supreme Court's 1948 decision in Shelley v. Kraemer."

That's where Chrissy chose to live. His HQ to chastise other whites who can't afford to be his neighbor.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, and that's exactly why John McCain never stood a chance of being elected President. And, when Mitt Romney indicated he fully intended to resume the Bush program to "prosperity for the wealthy", we said, "No thanks! Been there, done that. We'll just pass."
Thank George Bush. Most of us haven't forgotten.
In the wake of a recession that began roughly seven weeks after President Bush took office, America experienced six years of uninterrupted economic growth and a record 52 straight months of job creation that produced more than 8 million new jobs. During the Bush presidency, the unemployment rate averaged 5.3 percent. We saw labor-productivity gains that averaged 2.5 percent annually — a rate that exceeds the averages of the 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s. Real after-tax income per capita increased by more than 11 percent. And from 2000 to 2007, real GDP grew by more than 17 percent, a gain of nearly $2.1 trillion.

http://www.theblogmocracy.com/2010/08/17/in-a...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••