The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 403238 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

American Lady

Danville, KY

#101316 Feb 9, 2013
They're Comming to take me away

Just for "you" PT
PT=princess trolluna

Spocko/Fwank ...
How many MORE ya got!?!

Trying to terrorize the board with ...

I say 'trying', because you don't bother me a bit ...
You're just a type of GNAT/troll that annoys people trying to have a "decent" debate ... imo

“Take a deep breath”

Since: Dec 12

Let it out

#101317 Feb 9, 2013
Liberals Own It wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really that stupid?
Changing from "Lock and Load" to "Liberals Own It" without changing you ISP is stupid.

First off, you have to register to vote. If you are illegal, you cannot register to vote. If you are not registered to vote and you show up to vote, you will be given a provisional ballot. Whether a provisional ballot is counted is contingent upon the verification of that voter's eligibility. The provisional ballot is not counted until 7–10 days after election so their vote does not affect the calling of the states to different candidates.

The only reason that a undocumented alien might be given a provisional ballot is because of the law passed by a republican house, a republican senate and signed into law by a republican president called the Help America Vote Act of 2002. Another act forced upon us by republicans that republicans later regretted. lol

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#101318 Feb 9, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.... all you racist right wingers still cannot accept the fact that a Black man is the president.
Actress Angie Harmon rejects the idea of Hollywood elitist who call her a racist just because she disagrees with Barack Obama.

“Here’s my problem with this,” Harmon said.“I’m just going to come out and say it. If I have anything to say against Obama, it’s not because I’m a racist. It’s because I don’t like what he’s doing as President and anybody should be able to feel that way.”

http://www.examiner.com/article/calling-someo...

Location hidden

#101320 Feb 9, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I remember them alright. I just don't watch FOX or listen to Rush so everything I know about the past two centuries can pass a fact check. You can't say the same.
So you must watch the main stream media which doesn't report anything which opposes Obama at all. You actually do not know anything but what they WANT you to know.

You are really limited!!!!
Lock N Load

Riverside, CA

#101321 Feb 9, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Changing from "Lock and Load" to "Liberals Own It" without changing you ISP is stupid.
First off, you have to register to vote. If you are illegal, you cannot register to vote. If you are not registered to vote and you show up to vote, you will be given a provisional ballot. Whether a provisional ballot is counted is contingent upon the verification of that voter's eligibility. The provisional ballot is not counted until 7–10 days after election so their vote does not affect the calling of the states to different candidates.
The only reason that a undocumented alien might be given a provisional ballot is because of the law passed by a republican house, a republican senate and signed into law by a republican president called the Help America Vote Act of 2002. Another act forced upon us by republicans that republicans later regretted. lol
Rico does it or are you that stupid?

I feel sorry for you.
Liberals Own It

Riverside, CA

#101322 Feb 9, 2013
Snake Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans lost popular vote twice; now want to ignore it: Editorial
Republicans have lost the White House twice straight, and five of the past six popular votes. Some say it’s time to evolve. Others say it’s just easier to change the rules.
These sore-loser laws, by design, defy the will of the voters.
Here’s how to do it right: Nine states, New Jersey included, want to make the popular vote more important, not less. They’ve passed laws pledging all their electoral votes to the winner of the national popular vote, as long as other states with a combined 270 electoral votes do so, too. That would ensure the popular vote winner becomes president.
It’s a simple ideal: The person who gets the most votes should win.
Read more: http://blog.nj.com/njv_editorial_page/2013/01...
WOW, what a great way to run an election.....in practice.
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#101323 Feb 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Why is he not a US Citizen?
He was born in Canada, if his father wasn't a US citizen, he must be naturalized.
All persons born in the US and not subject to any foreign powers are citizens, which is synonymous with, "and subject to the jurisdiction, thereof" (Civil Rights Act of 1866/14th Amendment to the US Constitution, ratified 1868).
American Lady

Danville, KY

#101324 Feb 9, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Why NOT ask the "obamaphone lady" ...
From Alex Jones ...

Google works GREAT!:)

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#101325 Feb 9, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
So you must watch the main stream media which doesn't report anything which opposes Obama at all. You actually do not know anything but what they WANT you to know.
Just because a media outlet tells you what you want to hear doesn't mean the information is accurate.

What would you consider an impartial/reliable source?
Quirky The Eye

Brighton, CO

#101326 Feb 9, 2013
<quoted text>
I heard that you got kicked off that website.
The web site has been downsized or shut down. Because Gov. Rick Perry and Obama De-funded them. I spoke directly to the Chief Sherrif who Ran the site. That is what he told me. If you don`t believe me try and log on to the site. It`s shut down!

“Take a deep breath”

Since: Dec 12

Let it out

#101327 Feb 9, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Just what is the "Mainstream Media"?

Any credible news outlet who fact checks stories before airing them have been dubbed "Mainstream Media" by fox news and other right wing talking heads.

The term "Mainstream Media" was demonized by Sarah Palin when she referred to them as the Laimstream Media and the republican tea party idiots loved it.

These are the same type people who convinced their followers that the words "American Civil Liberties" meant something dirty or vile. Of course their followers aren't the brightest stars in the sky either.

ima

El Paso, TX

#101328 Feb 9, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
But he's the quintessential liberal Democrat.
YES, it's funny the dictator hasn't commented on this ex-cop? WHY, NO COMMENT FROM THE MESSIAH?..... WE'RE WAITING FOR HIS SUPPORT OF THIS EX-COP. And then again, just what if this ex-cop got framed by his cop peers? maybe he is telling the truth, and everything concerning what really happened SHOULD BE BROUGHT INTO THE LIGHT ONCE AGAIN......there were witnesses that never were called to his defense, WHY? Now as he says "he has been ruined and wants revenge on all LAPD officers & families! If this guy was framed then the only way to stop this madness is to come forward and admit what they did to this guy. Now this cop is so mad for what he feels was unjustly done, he has even killed because of his anger towards those he feels ruined him AND WHO KNOWS? HE JUST MAY BE RIGHT. NOW HE DOESN'T EVEN CARE ANYMORE, if he lives or dies.....he just wants to get even and take as many with him as he can, then he will probably kill himself... all BECAUSE HE FEELS HE GOT BETRAYED by his peers.
higgans

Avon, IN

#101329 Feb 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Cops are fairly cool to me. Now what I said is that you're seeing is a growing population that's sick and tired of corrupt cops abusing the public.
Turn on the news. Wait... check out this link that the LA Times has on police brutality just in Los Angels and you'll begin to see.
Police Brutality
http://articles.latimes.com/keyword/police-br...
not to mention the elected folks that routinely bend us over, give us the 'business'... AND without the benefit of either vasoline or even a kiss!

not even Jax/Jack would put up with that!:)

then again, cops ARE part of the adminstrative branch of goernment, too.

maybe that's what you meant?lol
higgans

Avon, IN

#101330 Feb 9, 2013
Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you guys, thirteen? This thread is for the grownups.
anybody but me hear a little fowl farting?

thought NOT....

Location hidden

#101331 Feb 9, 2013
Quirky The Eye wrote:
<quoted text>
The web site has been downsized or shut down. Because Gov. Rick Perry and Obama De-funded them. I spoke directly to the Chief Sherrif who Ran the site. That is what he told me. If you don`t believe me try and log on to the site. It`s shut down!
It's still there.

I'm looking at it in another window right now and I'm logged in.

So either the "Sherrif" lied to you, or you are lying to us.

http://www.blueservo.net/

:)
higgans

Avon, IN

#101332 Feb 9, 2013
Snake Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Shortage of ammunition to achieve “gun control”?
Walmart’s shelves were stripped bare, except for a few boxes of shotgun shells, and the attendant in that department stated that it was not known when more ammunition would arrive.
Read more: http://lightandchampion.com/article/003224-sh...
maybe Big Brother could do the same with illegal drugs?:)

Location hidden

#101334 Feb 9, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because a media outlet tells you what you want to hear doesn't mean the information is accurate.
What would you consider an impartial/reliable source?
I want to know what is truly going on in the world and in politics. I make a real effort to watch and read a variety of news sources in order to obtain the facts. I can tell you the main stream media has proven to me they will rarely report anything which reflects negatively on Obama.

It disturbs me that people who only watch and read main stream media receive information that everything around us is improving and Obama is the best President since Lincoln. This is not true but for many people if this is reported in the "news", it must true.

I am not sure there are any sources which are totally impartial but I would rather watch something which reports the good, bad, and ugly and attempt to figure it out myself.

Location hidden

#101335 Feb 9, 2013
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>He was born in Canada, if his father wasn't a US citizen, he must be naturalized.
All persons born in the US and not subject to any foreign powers are citizens, which is synonymous with, "and subject to the jurisdiction, thereof" (Civil Rights Act of 1866/14th Amendment to the US Constitution, ratified 1868).
I don't like the guys politics, but his father immigrated to the U.S. from Cuba in 1957 and his mother is a natural born U.S. citizen.

He's a citizen.

"...Cruz was born in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, where his parents, Eleanor Darragh and Rafael Cruz, were working in the oil business.[8][9] His father, in 1957 during the Cuban Revolution, was a Cuban immigrant to the United States.[10] His mother, an American, was reared in Delaware, in a family of Irish and Italian descent.[9][11] Cruz's family returned to the U.S. when he was four years old..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Cruz

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#101336 Feb 9, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
They deny being Tea Party nowadays too. lol
Yups!!! I've noticed that for awhile now. You're hearing terms like, "independent conservatives" now days.

LOL!!!!

Location hidden

#101337 Feb 9, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Just what is the "Mainstream Media"?
Any credible news outlet who fact checks stories before airing them have been dubbed "Mainstream Media" by fox news and other right wing talking heads.
The term "Mainstream Media" was demonized by Sarah Palin when she referred to them as the Laimstream Media and the republican tea party idiots loved it.
These are the same type people who convinced their followers that the words "American Civil Liberties" meant something dirty or vile. Of course their followers aren't the brightest stars in the sky either.
A study cited frequently by critics of a "liberal media bias" in American journalism is The Media Elite, a 1986 book co-authored by political scientists Robert Lichter, Stanley Rothman, and Linda Lichter.[23] They surveyed journalists at national media outlets such as The New York Times, The Washington Post, and the broadcast networks. The survey found that most of these journalists were Democratic voters whose attitudes were well to the left of the general public on a variety of topics, including such hot-button social issues as abortion, affirmative action, and gay rights. Then they compared journalists' attitudes to their coverage of controversial issues such as the safety of nuclear power, school busing to promote racial integration, and the energy crisis of the 1970s. The authors concluded that journalists' coverage of controversial issues reflected their own attitudes, and the predominance of political liberals in newsrooms therefore pushed news coverage in a liberal direction. They presented this tilt as a mostly unconscious process of like-minded individuals projecting their shared assumptions onto their interpretations of reality.

In a survey conducted by the American Society of Newspaper Editors in 1997, 61% of reporters stated that they were members of or shared the beliefs of the Democratic Party. Only 15% say their beliefs were best represented by the Republican Party.[24] This leaves 24% undecided or independent.

A 2002 study by Jim A. Kuypers of Dartmouth College, Press Bias and Politics, investigated the issue of media bias. In this study of 116 mainstream US papers, including The New York Times, The Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times, and the San Francisco Chronicle, Kuypers stated that the mainstream press in America tends to favor liberal viewpoints. They argued that reporters who they thought were expressing moderate or conservative points of view were often labeled as holding a minority point of view. Kuypers said he found liberal bias in reporting a variety of issues including race, welfare reform, environmental protection, and gun control.[25]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal_media_bi...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump kicks off victory tour with Cincinnati ra... 8 min Philosophic 10
News Congressional panel recommends charges against ... 9 min Philosophic 5
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min sonicfilter 1,457,486
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 11 min Reality Speaks 1,851
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min mdbuilder 62,296
News Is President Elect Donald Trump Connected To Th... 15 min In The Know 89
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 15 min Injudgement 252,784
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 27 min WasteWater 2,804
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 1 hr Mikey 14,436
More from around the web