The President has failed us

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Full Story

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#100279 Feb 6, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
Troll Rehab? LOL!
Wild Irish Rose wrote:
Ta da! It's still here. There sure are a lot of threads on this forum.
Anybody have a beer? I feel like a Tecate. LOL!

I see there is.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#100281 Feb 6, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>The Gov link was from back in 2004 a time that we had many more numbers of illegal immigrants as well as much of the information being gathered then was biased.
Poor Q-cumber... I'll give him a C+ for effort!!

“I Survived Immigration Reform”

Since: Jun 10

Forum

#100282 Feb 6, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I see there is.
And your point is?

You found a thread and the first post on it. You must be so proud of yourself.

“I Survived Immigration Reform”

Since: Jun 10

Forum

#100283 Feb 6, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
Her "ASSociate" is herself.
Interesting.
Pok Guy

Plymouth, MN

#100284 Feb 6, 2013
Parthenon wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of your numbers are BS, lies and distortions. Nobody said Obama is totally at fault, just that he's been the biggest spender of all time and has done NOTHING to alleviate the problem.
Anyone who think Obama and the Dems are not all about growing government is just too stupid & ignorant to argue with. Even Obama would think you are an idiot. Though he'd be delighted to know he'd fooled another clueless sucker.
Of course Obama is the biggest spender yet. The dollar now buys less than it did when others were president so he needs to spend more dollars just to keep up.

This is due to inflation, GDP growth, the CPI, and of course, politics. Specifically, Republican politics. Overall, since 1961, we have about half Republican and half Democratic presidents. How did our economy perform under them (and contribute to Obama being a big spender)?

% Per Annum Democrat-Republican-Bush43
GDP Growth 4.1% 2.9% 2.2%
Employment Growth2.9% 1.7% 0.5%
CPI 4.0% 5.1% 3.0%
DJIA 8.1% 6.5% 0.9%
Dollar +0.8%-3.6%-5.9%

Despite Republican rhetoric of jobs, growth, cut spending and taxes for increased prosperity, this chart shows that our country performed best under Democratic presidents.

So in addition to the dollar now buying less, the current administration needs to pay for the lack of prosperity suffered by our country under Republican policies.
Pok Guy

Plymouth, MN

#100286 Feb 6, 2013
Parthenon wrote:
<quoted text>
So the "fear" is hunger, shelter, medical care, eldery needs, etc. You mean the very same "fear" that all humans have had throughout recorded history?
Nobody is saying "gut" anything. But if you are afraid of not being able to afford living a reasonably decent life, the first thing to do is this: Do NOT go bankrupt.
Obama and the Dems will ruin us financially. That will do nobody any good whatsoever. All the "fears" you mentioned will be made worse... much worse.
The worst thing about liberals is their intolerance. They actually believe that their heart-felt sentiments for the poor, elderly, infirm, etc. are SOOOOOOOOOO special that NOBODY else can possibly share them. That is, if you're not a liberal you must want to starve kids, beat the elderly and shoot litters of kittens for fun.
The reason that liberals believe this nonsense is that their intolerant philosophy is based on HATRED. As with the Nazis and the communist, anyone who does not join up is automatically a despised enemy. There can be no oppostion because to be in opposition is EVIL! Only THEY have noble thoughts about caring for the needy. Everyone else, therefore, must despise the needy.
You are a perfect example of this closed-minded, retrograde, autocratic thinking.
Conservatives want to keep us, first & foremost, within a reasonable budget that will allow some measure of support for all those programs you mentioned. It is not as simple as just taxing the rich and giving it to the poor. That's infantile thinking for children. What moves and motivates a vibrant economy is complicated. And a healty economy is the prerequisite for all the charity work there is, or is ever going to be.
You don't decide how much the need is, spend the money on that need, then try to figure out how to pay for it. That's putting the cart before the horse. Wrecking the economy is irresponsible and actually shows a callous disregard for those you claim to be so worried about. Plus it's just damned stupid. Having everyone poor might make us all "equal" in our misery, but that's about all it will do.
You've let your envy, hatred and jealousy of the successful warp your mind into believing that their good fortune must be built upon the misfortune of others. This zero-sum view is a gross simplification of a very dynamic and complicated situation. It's put forth by politicians who've realized that stirring up class warfare among the ignorant pays off. It's much simpler to gin up a howling mob than to educate them about reality. YOU are just a pitch-fork & torch carrying member of that mob, nothing more.
This so called "good fortune" of others is, for a very large part, just that, luck. I suggest you explore recent topics in behavioral economics. There you'll find interesting studies demonstrating that the hard work of successful individuals was, in the majority of cases, a fortuitous combination of parental influence (wealth and/or connections) and access to a good education (the value of which is downplayed by Republicans).

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#100287 Feb 6, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
And your point is?
You found a thread and the first post on it. You must be so proud of yourself.
Oh, I am. I should be. Want a beer?

“Life is short. Enjoy the ride”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#100288 Feb 6, 2013
Parthenon wrote:
<quoted text>
So the "fear" is hunger, shelter, medical care, eldery needs, etc. You mean the very same "fear" that all humans have had throughout recorded history?
Nobody is saying "gut" anything. But if you are afraid of not being able to afford living a reasonably decent life, the first thing to do is this: Do NOT go bankrupt.
Obama and the Dems will ruin us financially. That will do nobody any good whatsoever. All the "fears" you mentioned will be made worse... much worse.
The worst thing about liberals is their intolerance. They actually believe that their heart-felt sentiments for the poor, elderly, infirm, etc. are SOOOOOOOOOO special that NOBODY else can possibly share them. That is, if you're not a liberal you must want to starve kids, beat the elderly and shoot litters of kittens for fun.
The reason that liberals believe this nonsense is that their intolerant philosophy is based on HATRED. As with the Nazis and the communist, anyone who does not join up is automatically a despised enemy. There can be no oppostion because to be in opposition is EVIL! Only THEY have noble thoughts about caring for the needy. Everyone else, therefore, must despise the needy.
You are a perfect example of this closed-minded, retrograde, autocratic thinking.
Conservatives want to keep us, first & foremost, within a reasonable budget that will allow some measure of support for all those programs you mentioned. It is not as simple as just taxing the rich and giving it to the poor. That's infantile thinking for children. What moves and motivates a vibrant economy is complicated. And a healty economy is the prerequisite for all the charity work there is, or is ever going to be.
You don't decide how much the need is, spend the money on that need, then try to figure out how to pay for it. That's putting the cart before the horse. Wrecking the economy is irresponsible and actually shows a callous disregard for those you claim to be so worried about. Plus it's just damned stupid. Having everyone poor might make us all "equal" in our misery, but that's about all it will do.
You've let your envy, hatred and jealousy of the successful warp your mind into believing that their good fortune must be built upon the misfortune of others. This zero-sum view is a gross simplification of a very dynamic and complicated situation. It's put forth by politicians who've realized that stirring up class warfare among the ignorant pays off. It's much simpler to gin up a howling mob than to educate them about reality. YOU are just a pitch-fork & torch carrying member of that mob, nothing more.
Oh, please. Spare me. The only thing "conservatives" talk about cutting is social welfare. They want to increase defense spending, hand people a voucher for public education (rolling eyes) and make sure that nothing changes for the top income earners, corporations using cheap labor and disparity of tax code.

You're not the sharpest tool in the shed to have allowed yourself to be such a pawn of a movement that is in the "breakup" stage. Surely, you're aware? If not, read more. The Republican party cannot get enough votes to win a dog fight if they don't start expanding their plan to demonstrate they have the FIRST concern about the middle class and that they giveash*t about the poor and elderly.

I don't see one positive INVESTMENT in this economy and the middle class that the Republicans want to make. Unless or until they figure one out? They're headed toward defeat in the mid-terms.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#100289 Feb 6, 2013
La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
Twisting? Did your definition of liberal not specifically mention wealth distribution?
Like I said before, ask minority conservatives how tolerant liberals are of their views.
The only thing twisting here is you - in the wind.
"Ask minority conservatives"

Ok, where do those two live???
Pilgrim In Aryan Land

Fishers, IN

#100292 Feb 6, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
Pilgrim is a euphemism for illegal alien & squatter.
Too many ghetto dwellers and prevaricators on this thread. Way too many illegals and pro-illegals, too.
Pathetic

Location hidden

#100294 Feb 6, 2013
La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
I choose to dismiss it because of the overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
Hey, maybe it was true 25-30 years ago, but these days liberal tolerance is a fallacy, an outright myth.
It may be true, that liberal tolerance of Conservative hatred and stupidity has become somewhat thin, but let's face it, there's only so much you can tolerate until a stand must be made for what is right. As was done with slavery, prejudice, via civil rights. Rico made some great points about "Conservatism" in a previous post on where our country would be if Conservatives were allowed free reign. God instead of science, slavery, racism, war, ignorance...people like Sarah Palin running the country. Nightmare.

No, liberal tolerance is indeed a reality and still in tact. After all look how I tolerate you.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#100295 Feb 6, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Marco Rubio :)

On a conference call with reporters this morning, the Republican State Leadership Committee announced the formation of the Future Majority Caucus, an initiative to recruit and support women and minority candidates. It will be led by Republican governors Susana Martinez(M) of New Mexico and Brian Sandoval(M) of Nevada.

Governor Martinez recalled that her conversion from a registered Democrat to a Republican occurred when Republican friends reached out to her and had a “sincere conversation” about issues. She emphasized that Republicans will appeal to Hispanics only “if we are careful about our tone and really listen and not be condescending about what we think they want or need.”

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/339967/g...

)8~D>

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#100296 Feb 6, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
My goodness, you're so sweet! lol
Hugs back at ya! ;)
Awwww! Thank you!((HUGS))

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#100297 Feb 6, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Figgy!
Isn't it funny how we all have so many socks we never know which to wear on Wednesday? My friend PhreakkyPhroggy say's hello! ;) Ribbitt!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =GB2yiIoEtXwXX
OMG! I know you!((HUGS))
Nice to see you!

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#100298 Feb 6, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe minority conservatives could be log cabin republicans, you know the republicans that republicans shun for being gay!!

“Life is short. Enjoy the ride”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#100299 Feb 6, 2013
Parthenon wrote:
<quoted text>
Bite me. You're too stupid to argue with.
"Investment"? Don't make me puke. That's just liberal-talk for more tax & spend. You're like the Grinch telling Little Cindy Lou Who: "Why, no, I'm not stealing your Christmas tree. There's a light out on top and I'm just taking it to my workshop to repair it."
When a politician walks into the room, put your hand on your wallet. When he speaks, get ready for more BS. But when he says he'll "invest" your money for you, and you believe it?! Then go ahead and give him ALL of your money. Because you're a damn fool. And you know what they say about a fool and his money, don't you?
I don't pay any attention to politician speak. I'd prefer to be informed by reading what economists have to say. You, on the other hand, seem not to have the history lessons of economics at your fingertips. It takes spending cuts, increased revenues and INVESTMENT in the economy to recover from such a major hit as we've sustained. The biggest complaint from economists about Obama's stimulus is that it wasn't BIG enough - not that he used stimulus. Do you get it?

We have a crumbling infrastructure, and if we intend to compete with China and India, we'd better get our show on the road to repair it. If we try to "fix" our problems off the backs of the middle-class taxpayers in America, where the h*ll are the consumers coming from who have historically boosted the economy via spending? If they have no disposable income, where's the market for the goods and services produced by American businesses? Overseas? Well, fine. They can go wherever it works for them, but what happens to THIS nation and our living standards?

See, we have a difference in focus. I'm focused on the quality of life in America, and I believe that as it declines, so declines the motivation of arguably the most productive work force in the world. If your efforts result in NO improvement, why work so hard? If you demotivate American labor, we're headed for an even bigger fall than some predict already.

I may be stupid, but I'm not crazy. I operate from common sense. The single greatest investment we can make is in EDUCATING our people - all of them, not just the sons and daughters of the wealthy.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#100300 Feb 6, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
It may be true, that liberal tolerance of Conservative hatred and stupidity has become somewhat thin, but let's face it, there's only so much you can tolerate until a stand must be made for what is right. As was done with slavery, prejudice, via civil rights. Rico made some great points about "Conservatism" in a previous post on where our country would be if Conservatives were allowed free reign. God instead of science, slavery, racism, war, ignorance...people like Sarah Palin running the country. Nightmare.
No, liberal tolerance is indeed a reality and still in tact. After all look how I tolerate you.
I'm FINISHED "tolerating" any BULLCHIT!

From "you" or any IDIOT on this board.
``````````

This "Conservative" IS: Open Minded

Open minded
1. Open mindedness is when even if you think you are right, you know that you can be wrong and are always willing to listen to and hear an opposing or contradictory view.

Open minded people have views but know that their views do not have to be held by everyone. Open minded people also know that their views can be wrong.

2.Open minded
An ability to not dismiss an idea with sneering contempt, simply because it does not fit within your preconceived notions.
Rather than preaching an intolerant ideal of "tolerance" you should strive to be more open minded.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...

Written WITH "sneering CONTEMPT" for a LIAR. I'm NOT as tolerant as I was when I first came on here, because of the "sneering CONTEMPT" towards me.

Furthermore, I have learned these SNAKES have NO respect for anyone BUT each other, with their IDIOTIC tale of "tolerance" ... They also have NO self respect. imo

Location hidden

#100301 Feb 6, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
``````````
Open minded
1. Open mindedness is when even if you think you are right, you know that you can be wrong and are always willing to listen to and hear an opposing or contradictory view.
Open minded people have views but know that their views do not have to be held by everyone. Open minded people also know that their views can be wrong.
2.Open minded
An ability to not dismiss an idea with sneering contempt, simply because it does not fit within your preconceived notions.
Rather than preaching an intolerant ideal of "tolerance" you should strive to be more open minded.
Written WITH "sneering CONTEMPT" for a LIAR. I'm NOT as tolerant as I was when I first came on here, because of the "sneering CONTEMPT" towards me.
Furthermore, I have learned these SNAKES have NO respect for anyone BUT each other, with their IDIOTIC tale of "tolerance" ... They also have NO self respect. imo
Yawn.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#100302 Feb 6, 2013
Pilgrim In Aryan Land wrote:
<quoted text>
Too many ghetto dwellers and prevaricators on this thread. Way too many illegals and pro-illegals, too.
Pathetic
It's hard to believe that “settlers” "crusaders" "opportunist" "heretics" "outcast"... and the rest of the Anglo trash who called themselves pilgrims from Europe in the 17th century arrived in lands where there were no existing societies. The insinuation that the East Coast was unoccupied & unclaimed territories free for the taking.

Pathetic indeed!!!

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#100303 Feb 6, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
``````````
Open minded
2.Open minded
So you're a progressive conservative?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min No Surprize 1,109,269
US judge upholds state same-sex marriage ban, r... 8 min DaveinMass 747
Joint Chiefs chairman opens door to US boots on... 13 min Eleanor 1
Bill Maher Takes Aim at Minnesota Congressman 14 min Don Joe 32
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 14 min Cali Girl 2014 55,864
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 15 min Ronald 2,717
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 19 min Dale 153,091
Who do you side with in Ferguson? 27 min WARRIOR 3,951
Hillary Clinton Faces Skeptical Iowa Voters 1 hr Righteous 180
•••