The President has failed us

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Full Story

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#99706 Feb 4, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
President Obama's uncle fights for permanent residency
President Obama’s illegal-alien uncle — busted in 2011 for drunken driving — is banking on the strength of his moral character to help him win permanent resident status in the U.S., agreeing yesterday to a Dec. 3 immigration-court date before the same judge who granted asylum to his sister.
Onyango Obama, a Kenyan national who was ordered deported in 1992, is fighting to stay here under a federal immigration law that allows permanent residence for illegal aliens who entered the U.S. before 1972 and have demonstrated “good moral character.”
http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_co...
DWI he should be deported and this is one of the crimes that I ask about regarding probationary status.. While on probation and convicted of a crime they should be removed and no questions ask..
"Obama got his hearing nearly a year before other applicants who came up in court yesterday. Some were pushed off as far in the future as September 2014."
They need to speed up the system and doing their jobs..
Eagle
On the issue of DUI's....

U.S. Senate: Illegal aliens must commit three DUI’s before they can be deported
http://www.examiner.com/article/u-s-senate-il...

Current status of this law

S. 47: Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2013

The committees assigned to this bill sent it to the House or Senate as a whole for consideration on January 28, 2013.

PROGRESS

Introduced Jan 22, 2013
Reported by Committee Jan 28, 2013

On Senate Schedule Feb 01, 2013

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/s47

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#99708 Feb 4, 2013
Corpocrisy: The Systematic Betrayal of American Workers

By: Paul Buchheit

Published: Monday 4 February 2013

Free market idealists argue that capitalism works for anyone with a little initiative and a willingness to work hard. That might be true if job opportunities were available to everyone. But the facts reveal a lack of opportunity, largely because the very system of capitalism that's supposed to work for everyone is betraying its most productive members.(cont.)

http://www.nationofchange.org/corpocrisy-syst...

The article points out that in the 20 years prior to the Great Recession and beginning in 2008, corporations were paying an average rate of about 22.5% in Federal taxes. Since then, the average rate has fallen to about 10%. Many significant and important points are made in this article. Here is only one of them:

5. Pay existing workers what they earned in 1970.

Less, actually. Average real wages were $17.42 in 2007, down from $19.34 in 1972 (based on 2007 dollars). Wages, as a percentage of the economy, is at 44 percent of GDP, an all-time low. Jobs that remain are increasingly low-wage positions. Apple is a good example of the race to the bottom for wages, with an estimated $420,000 profit per employee and a $12 per hour pay rate for its store workers.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#99710 Feb 4, 2013
Obama's failed at everything except spending more money and calling for more taxes.
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#99711 Feb 4, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
How white of you.
Just the facts!
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#99712 Feb 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Well bring it... I wouldn't mind dancing with all you confederate clowns.
LMAO!! You would piss yourself.
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#99713 Feb 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Well bring it... I wouldn't mind dancing with all you confederate clowns.
States rights, you dummy.
jackson

Lexington, KY

#99714 Feb 4, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
"Try to set a better example in the future, and we might actually be able to have an intelligent dialog."
Excuse me? I'm fine with the example I set. Those that I respect, respect me and I'm ok with that.
You should think twice before coming to another poster on a high horse acting like you're General Lee himself.
That's not extending the olive branch..That's slapping me across the face with it.
My "high horse" is directed at those who call others names simply because they disagree with them. Name calling is a middle school defense mechanism and I'm pretty sure most of you are older than that. I address my remarks to anyone with any belief who is so defensive that they can only retort with juvenile name calling.
I'm not saying I'm better than you are, but you need to grow up if you believe name calling is acceptable behavior among adults.
I appreciate discussion among differing viewpoints, but have problems believing anyone who resorts to such behavior. I have great respect for many with whom I disagree politically, and appreciate hearing their reasoning. Sometimes I see their point of view and agree with them. Sometimes I don't. But childish behavior decreases the value of your input. The discussion along with that behavior is not taken seriously.
Go ahead, you can have the last word and call me names all you want. I'll not respond again, nor will I read your posts any longer. They're not worth my time.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#99715 Feb 4, 2013
Libs suck wrote:
<quoted text>
Awwww poor delusional nutbag.... or as you do with your boyfriend, "TeaBagger".
Now shut up before I have your section 8 hovel shut down.
Just remember dumb ass, without folks like me paying your way, you starve to death... granted that is no big loss.
Look here little buddy... you're obviously not a 53%'er so you're not really paying anyones way.

However, I love how your arrogance is fueled by sheer ignorance on this issue by actually believing that you contribute to my way of life in any shape of form.

jackson

Lexington, KY

#99716 Feb 4, 2013
<quoted text>
You sound like a concern troll.
A person who posts on a blog thread, in the guise of "concern," to disrupt dialogue or undermine morale by pointing out that posters and/or the site may be getting themselves in trouble, usually with an authority or power. They point out problems that don't really exist. The intent is to derail, stifle, control, the dialogue. It is viewed as insincere and condescending.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
You're the one who called me concerned. I'm not concerned about anyone getting in trouble. I don't care one way or the other. I will defend your right to say/write whatever you like to the point it may be censored by Topix.
I am, however, concerned about the level of dialog in our country if we are resorting to name calling to make a point. You criticize someone for calling you a name but in so doing call that person a name. It accomplishes nothing other than to keep us divided.
I just wish you would make your point respectfully -- I would pay attention then. But, as with X-man, I'll not pay any more attention to your posts and you can have the last word. Call me whatever you want if it makes you feel better about yourself. I don't care.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#99717 Feb 4, 2013
jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
My "high horse" is directed at those who call others names simply because they disagree with them. Name calling is a middle school defense mechanism and I'm pretty sure most of you are older than that. I address my remarks to anyone with any belief who is so defensive that they can only retort with juvenile name calling.
I'm not saying I'm better than you are, but you need to grow up if you believe name calling is acceptable behavior among adults.
I appreciate discussion among differing viewpoints, but have problems believing anyone who resorts to such behavior. I have great respect for many with whom I disagree politically, and appreciate hearing their reasoning. Sometimes I see their point of view and agree with them. Sometimes I don't. But childish behavior decreases the value of your input. The discussion along with that behavior is not taken seriously.
Go ahead, you can have the last word and call me names all you want. I'll not respond again, nor will I read your posts any longer. They're not worth my time.
"My "high horse" is directed at those who call others names simply because they disagree with them"

No it's not.

You are always complaining about something someone said, but funny thing is it's always something someone on the left has said.

Your always commenting on posts and telling us how you never read these kinds of posts too.

I've yet to see you post a single word about what comes from the foul mouthed vulgar trolls on the right which is starting to make me just a little suspicious about your motives and just how unbiased you actually are.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#99718 Feb 4, 2013
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>States rights, you dummy.
Like I said before, I wouldn't mind dancing with all you confederate clowns.

Location hidden

#99719 Feb 4, 2013
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>States rights, you dummy.
Exactly what "rights" are we talking about here and don't just tell me to keep up because I've been watching this ever since that ridiculous, out of context comment yesterday that started the whole thing and I still don't know what the he*l you're going on about.

What "state's rights" are you talking about and in what context?

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#99720 Feb 4, 2013
jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you singling X-man out for your cricisms? He's definitely not a name caller until he's called names repeatedly. That's the problem with your suggestion. Those who are repeatedly insulted are inclined to voice their own opinion of the insulter after a few ridiculous posts. It's not really an indictment of a poster who finds the insulting poster to be a "moron" (or name your name). For, surely, after repeated efforts to insult, one can only reach the conclusion that the offending troll is , indeed, a moron. Only a moron would continue to mischaracterize and attack another poster so unnecessarily and intentionally simply as "bait".

Unfortunately, we are all human, and if you sow it, you should expect to reap it. But, if understanding that or reading this perspective is not worth your time, the ability NOT to respond is yours' alone.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#99721 Feb 4, 2013
Libs suck wrote:
<quoted text>
Awwww poor lil rico is gender biased and sexually confused.... here le me S'plain it to ya boy. When your boyfriend jams his nuts into your face, THAT is what makes YOU a teabagger... an act we do not want to hear about.... yet here you are once more spewing your personal info all over the place.
It is not my fault that you are an uneducated loser douche... blame it on yer aunt maw and the sperm (whomever it may be) donor who made your worthless ass.
Now stop talking about your deviant sexual antics.... who you blow in the privacy of your section 8 single wide is your business... and no one elses.... try to keep it that way.
Now be sure to face east when you pray to oh-blamer, thanking him for your welfare little nut job.
Look here little buddy... you're the one bringing your homosexual desires into this. What's with all you tea baggers and your ludicrous desire to turn every discussion into a circle jerk?

Seriously... if you want to be gay, it's OK. I'll accept you for your "God & Guns" tea bagger mentality while you prance around in pink panties holding a confederate flag.

Location hidden

#99722 Feb 4, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you singling X-man out for your cricisms? He's definitely not a name caller until he's called names repeatedly. That's the problem with your suggestion. Those who are repeatedly insulted are inclined to voice their own opinion of the insulter after a few ridiculous posts. It's not really an indictment of a poster who finds the insulting poster to be a "moron" (or name your name). For, surely, after repeated efforts to insult, one can only reach the conclusion that the offending troll is , indeed, a moron. Only a moron would continue to mischaracterize and attack another poster so unnecessarily and intentionally simply as "bait".
Unfortunately, we are all human, and if you sow it, you should expect to reap it. But, if understanding that or reading this perspective is not worth your time, the ability NOT to respond is yours' alone.
Good points, but look at all the name calling, vulgar posts Jackson had to scroll past from people that claim to be on the right just so he could focus his "righteous indignation" on X-Man.

I've had this discussion with jackson before and at this point I find his criticisms to be laughable at best.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#99723 Feb 4, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you singling X-man out for your cricisms? He's definitely not a name caller until he's called names repeatedly. That's the problem with your suggestion. Those who are repeatedly insulted are inclined to voice their own opinion of the insulter after a few ridiculous posts. It's not really an indictment of a poster who finds the insulting poster to be a "moron" (or name your name). For, surely, after repeated efforts to insult, one can only reach the conclusion that the offending troll is , indeed, a moron. Only a moron would continue to mischaracterize and attack another poster so unnecessarily and intentionally simply as "bait".
Thank you Ntr, I owe you a prop. ;)

Location hidden

#99724 Feb 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Look here little buddy... you're the one bringing your homosexual desires into this. What's with all you tea baggers and your ludicrous desire to turn every discussion into a circle jerk?
Seriously... if you want to be gay, it's OK. I'll accept you for your "God & Guns" tea bagger mentality while you prance around in pink panties holding a confederate flag.
"...I'll accept you for your "God & Guns" tea bagger mentality while you prance around in pink panties holding a confederate flag."

LOL...Even I have to admit that was funny and I'm not exactly known for my sense of humor...

:p

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#99725 Feb 4, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly what "rights" are we talking about here and don't just tell me to keep up because I've been watching this ever since that ridiculous, out of context comment yesterday that started the whole thing and I still don't know what the he*l you're going on about.
What "state's rights" are you talking about and in what context?
He seems to have forgotten what happened to his confederate grandpappy in the late 1800's

You have to accept the fact that these tea baggers think they can make sh*t up with the 10th amendment and think they can do as they please. Sure they can make any stupid law up they want but in doing do they'll subject themselves to a shock & awe by the greatest military force in the world.

These people don't want to be Americans, they want to be Confederates.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#99726 Feb 4, 2013
jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one who called me concerned. I'm not concerned about anyone getting in trouble. I don't care one way or the other. I will defend your right to say/write whatever you like to the point it may be censored by Topix.
I am, however, concerned about the level of dialog in our country if we are resorting to name calling to make a point. You criticize someone for calling you a name but in so doing call that person a name. It accomplishes nothing other than to keep us divided.
I just wish you would make your point respectfully -- I would pay attention then. But, as with X-man, I'll not pay any more attention to your posts and you can have the last word. Call me whatever you want if it makes you feel better about yourself. I don't care.
It's their culture.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#99727 Feb 4, 2013
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!! You would piss yourself.
Yes... I probably will.

“Every man is scared in his first battle. If he says he s not he s a liar. Some men are cowards but they fight the same as the brave men or they get the hell slammed out of them watching men fight who are just as scared as they are. The real hero is the man who fights even though he is scared.

Some men get over their fright in a minute under fire. For some it takes an hour. For some it takes days. But a real man will never let his fear of death overpower his honor his sense of duty to his country and his innate manhood.

Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best and it removes all that is base.”

&#8213; George S. Patton Jr.

Touche.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can Obama's presidency be saved? 5 min spocko 964
GOP: Obama's Immigration Action Will Cripple 20... 8 min Cricket 23 224
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Rogue Scholar 05 182,036
US and Cuba move to normalize ties, open embassy 8 min Le Jimbo 255
For Obama, a good December, but hard choices li... 9 min Guess Who 57
Vermont U.S. Attorney Tristram Coffin to step d... 13 min Thomas Joseph 1
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 14 min KiMerde 3,004
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 16 min FREE SERVANT 133,662
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 21 min sonicfilter 1,155,537
Probe fails to link IRS scandal to White House 3 hr serfs up 14
Senate, CIA agree torture program was mismanaged 5 hr Emperor 2
Going it alone, Obama rocked the boat in 2014 9 hr barefoot2626 31
More from around the web