The President has failed us

Full story: Times News

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.
Comments
83,221 - 83,240 of 244,127 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

“Life is short. Enjoy the ride”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats why the job got done for 20k instead of 60k..
Eagle
Sorry, bud, but these were two separate issues. You'll have to catch up. Our roof was about double the cost of repairing the business location building. So, you're mistaken.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
As I stated you as a homeowner couldn't possibly know if they were illegal workers or not.. I personally kept a briefcase in the truck with all legal docs for all my employees.. Either it be WC waivers or the actual docs showing everyone on site was covered.. Generally when you see a foreman passing out cash at the end of the day its a good bet they were illegal.. Or telling them on high roofs "if you fall you are fired before you hit the ground" is another..
Eagle
A good roofing crew will start tearing the old roof off at sunup, inspect and repair the sub-roof and start re-roofing before lunchtime. The roof will be capped and the debris will be removed from the property before the sun sets that same day. If it's a big job, a good roofing crew foreman will have brought on some temps just for that job and those temps will want their money as soon as the job is done. Just because you see a foreman handing out cash at the end of the day doesn't mean he is doing anything illegal or improper and it doesn't mean the crew being paid are illegal.
Gus007

Endicott, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Feds adding Obamacare to immigrant welcome packets...

http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/31/dhs-giving-...

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Big Birds Nest..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you talking about the proposal I put up? Well, if they don't apply, they won't be in the E-Verify database, and when E-Verify is mandatory, they're going to have a problem remaining on the job. It may be a slog, but we can get the job done to send the message: no citizenship, no jobs. This goes hand in hand with I-9 scrutiny and kickouts meaning business.
The other issue is motivation to enforce. If a guy is pulled over and has no identification as a TGW and he is determined to be here illegally, that guy is not serving business. He's just an illegal off the books interloper. There's no reason not to hold and deport. Nobody except grandma cares.
I am talking about the guidelines the senators put out.. Page 4 address's new hires for EV not those currently on the job..

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/28/politics/immigr...

BTW your plan is not being floated so no real need to discuss it..

Eagle

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Phurhankey Jahonsuninski wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of these illegals aren’t shy about telling you that they have no desire to become citizens. They just want to get as much money as they can as fast as they can and move back home to live in a wealthy lifestyle. For them it’s just a great opportunity to come here and screw us. In the eyes of their country they are heroes for bringing home the bacon.
So, did you read the proposal? It would nip that stuff in the bud. You have to pay your taxes (including social security withholdings). You have to already have been filing tax returns (albeit with a bogus SS#). You can't live in public housing with your sister, her four kids and her boyfriend. You have to move to the private sector and pay rent, and you have to have a legitimate address to prove you do. Makes those wages so much less valuable for many who are doubling down right now. It would have a very chilling effect on staying on to send money home. Employers would lose the motivation to hire because labor is no longer cheaper for them. They'll keep their good workers, but American and legal immigrant workers will look a whole lot better than they do today.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

NRA president: Anti-gun advocates threatened to kill my kids

“Civility is only required of us, civility doesn’t count for them,” the NRA president told The Caller.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/...

“ON THE PROWL”

Big Birds Nest..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
A good roofing crew will start tearing the old roof off at sunup, inspect and repair the sub-roof and start re-roofing before lunchtime. The roof will be capped and the debris will be removed from the property before the sun sets that same day. If it's a big job, a good roofing crew foreman will have brought on some temps just for that job and those temps will want their money as soon as the job is done. Just because you see a foreman handing out cash at the end of the day doesn't mean he is doing anything illegal or improper and it doesn't mean the crew being paid are illegal.
It depends on where that day labor comes from.. From a home depot parking lot then they are illegal labor and not covered by WC..

Eagle
ZACKLY

Pass Christian, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

With this illegal alien issue everything has failed so far to stop it and now it is time to try something else. What's wrong with requiring the employers to pay taxes on them as well as the income tax on their earnings since they are doing a lot of the labor work in the US any way?

“ON THE PROWL”

Big Birds Nest..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

<quoted text>
But many will go through the motions to pass the time while keeping the law off their backs. A grand or two for 4-8 years protection is cheap enough.
Perhaps and as you stated most aren't even interested in becoming a citizen.. Time will tell..

Eagle

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am talking about the guidelines the senators put out.. Page 4 address's new hires for EV not those currently on the job..
http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/28/politics/immigr...
BTW your plan is not being floated so no real need to discuss it..
Eagle
Couldn't disagree with you more. It's here tonight so that anybody who actually reads and understands and thinks it is a better way can take any sections they think are helpful and use them in writing their reps. Neither party has a clearly written proposal. The Committee has floated an outline as has the President.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

<quoted text>
Hell that not only took legal workers jobs but the legals he did have were forced to do all of the high risk jobs.
You didn't hire that contractor did you?
High risk jobs demand higher prices and better skills, these skilled workers are covered under workman's comp, the illegals aren't. More than likely illegals are used on fast, in and out, low risk jobs and are paid cash.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

THE PROPOSAL INTRODUCTION:

Start Here:
Post 98524

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/immigration/T...

Remaining pieces follow on page.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
My experience with that is ...
If they are your main employees, that are going to be around for awhile, you don't pay them daily. You wait until you get paid for that particular job or the end of the week. In other words weekly, or they go out and blow that money and do not have any come Monday morning. Therefore, getting into their next earnings. Also they may not show up, especially if they are drinkers, the next morning. Had that to happen too.

Running your own "self-employment" business, got almost too expensive, what with all the new rules & regs put on the self employer. The "little man" ... Woman in my case. That is why I take on no more than "I" can handle, these days, or tell them they will have to wait, if THEY "want" me!

I have found you can NOT get "good" help anymore! They are too LAZY! Or you can NOT trust them!

If that is the case, by-by! Me no need you ;0)

“ON THE PROWL”

Big Birds Nest..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Couldn't disagree with you more. It's here tonight so that anybody who actually reads and understands and thinks it is a better way can take any sections they think are helpful and use them in writing their reps. Neither party has a clearly written proposal. The Committee has floated an outline as has the President.
I personally plan to read what the senate proposes the same with the house.. Ya know something I can believe in and not a pipe dream..

Hank Williams Jr.- Something To Believe In
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Eagle

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

ZACKLY wrote:
With this illegal alien issue everything has failed so far to stop it and now it is time to try something else. What's wrong with requiring the employers to pay taxes on them as well as the income tax on their earnings since they are doing a lot of the labor work in the US any way?
That's kind of the whole point of getting them documented.

It would at least be an improvement over the way things are now.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It depends on where that day labor comes from.. From a home depot parking lot then they are illegal labor and not covered by WC..
Eagle
A homeowner doesn't have the time to stake out the "Home Depot" to see if their contractor is picking up a labor force there. The best sign that a roofing contractor is hiring an illegal workforce is if a white dude in a white truck sells you a roof on Monday then a white dude with a white truck delivers the roofing materials on Friday but a bunch of brown dudes in brown trucks wakes you up with the sound your roof being torn off early on a Saturday morning when the federal employees are all off duty. At that point it's really too late to do anything about it because rain is in the forecast for Sunday.

“ON THE PROWL”

Big Birds Nest..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Eagle
BTW WC for roofers back in 06 was close to 78% of the labor's pay.. As I stated if they were getting daily pay they were off the books and cheating the system..

Eagle

“ON THE PROWL”

Big Birds Nest..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
My experience with that is ...
If they are your main employees, that are going to be around for awhile, you don't pay them daily. You wait until you get paid for that particular job or the end of the week. In other words weekly, or they go out and blow that money and do not have any come Monday morning. Therefore, getting into their next earnings. Also they may not show up, especially if they are drinkers, the next morning. Had that to happen too.
Running your own "self-employment" business, got almost too expensive, what with all the new rules & regs put on the self employer. The "little man" ... Woman in my case. That is why I take on no more than "I" can handle, these days, or tell them they will have to wait, if THEY "want" me!
I have found you can NOT get "good" help anymore! They are too LAZY! Or you can NOT trust them!
If that is the case, by-by! Me no need you ;0)
If someone pays cash daily they are not withholding taxes and paying WC.. Thats just a simple fact..

Eagle

“ON THE PROWL”

Big Birds Nest..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
A homeowner doesn't have the time to stake out the "Home Depot" to see if their contractor is picking up a labor force there. The best sign that a roofing contractor is hiring an illegal workforce is if a white dude in a white truck sells you a roof on Monday then a white dude with a white truck delivers the roofing materials on Friday but a bunch of brown dudes in brown trucks wakes you up with the sound your roof being torn off early on a Saturday morning when the federal employees are all off duty. At that point it's really too late to do anything about it because rain is in the forecast for Sunday.
Federal employees don't come out to a homeowners home unless its a FEMA recovery issue.. But state WC officers will visit a subdivision now and then checking paperwork.. Or that is the way its was done in FL..

Eagle

“ON THE PROWL”

Big Birds Nest..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
That proposal won’t stop anything. It won't pass. Neither will yours.
Half of what I think she is talking about has been removed.. I guess she did put something up but now its just missing post #'s.. I don't know if its her plan from years ago or something new..

Eagle

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••