The President has failed us

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Full Story

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Ocala, FL

#98603 Jan 31, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
A homeowner doesn't have the time to stake out the "Home Depot" to see if their contractor is picking up a labor force there. The best sign that a roofing contractor is hiring an illegal workforce is if a white dude in a white truck sells you a roof on Monday then a white dude with a white truck delivers the roofing materials on Friday but a bunch of brown dudes in brown trucks wakes you up with the sound your roof being torn off early on a Saturday morning when the federal employees are all off duty. At that point it's really too late to do anything about it because rain is in the forecast for Sunday.
Federal employees don't come out to a homeowners home unless its a FEMA recovery issue.. But state WC officers will visit a subdivision now and then checking paperwork.. Or that is the way its was done in FL..

Eagle

“ON THE PROWL”

Ocala, FL

#98605 Jan 31, 2013
Phurhankey Jahonsuninski wrote:
<quoted text>
That proposal wonít stop anything. It won't pass. Neither will yours.
Half of what I think she is talking about has been removed.. I guess she did put something up but now its just missing post #'s.. I don't know if its her plan from years ago or something new..

Eagle

Since: Jun 10

San Ramon, CA

#98606 Jan 31, 2013
discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
Quirky is not gay. some poseur wrote that. likely ratso rizzo, aka Rico.
Duh!! I don't think it was Rico.

The joke is still on you. LOL!

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#98608 Jan 31, 2013
<quoted text>
That proposal wonít stop anything. It won't pass. Neither will yours.
What proposal won't stop anything?

What are your objections to the proposal I put up tonight - if you don't mind commenting specifically. I sincerely want to know what you dislike about it and why you think it couldn't pass.

If nothing passes (and I will oppose both proposals that provide a pathway to citizenship for all), what do you think the end result will be in another decade of nothing changing?

At any rate, I'd at least like to answer any questions the proposal raises in your mind and why you think it couldn't get down the road.

“ON THE PROWL”

Ocala, FL

#98609 Jan 31, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
THE PROPOSAL INTRODUCTION:
Start Here:
Post 98524
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/immigration/T...
Remaining pieces follow on page.
Your post are gone just missing post #'s now.. I guess I missed that plan..

Eagle

“ON THE PROWL”

Ocala, FL

#98610 Jan 31, 2013
<quoted text>
It was spam/copyright infringements. She blasted 4 or 5 posts of the bill trying to force feed us into reading it. Forget it, what there is right now canít be considered anything more than a rough draft of what a few senators want. By the time it gets to the end of the line we wonít recognize it.
Same with the 5 page PDF of the senators.. The devil is in the delails and we will have to wait and see.. Hopefully the final bill wont be like HCR and need to pass it to see whats in it..

Eagle

“RELAX”

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#98612 Jan 31, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Federal employees don't come out to a homeowners home unless its a FEMA recovery issue.. But state WC officers will visit a subdivision now and then checking paperwork.. Or that is the way its was done in FL..
Eagle
Even if local law enforcement identifies illegal workers on a job site, unless there are undocumented minors or women present, ICE will not issue a hold. They will instruct local law enforcement to make copies of identification (Mexican Voter ID) and fax it to the local ICE office where they will review it the following duty day.

By that time, the roof is on and the roofing crew is in the next state over.

National roofing companies are real life storm chasers. They show up after declared disasters and offer a roof replacement today while the local roofing companies are swamped and wait times exceed one year. These national roofing companies understand home insurance rules and offer to take the paperwork burden off the homeowner, upgrade the quality of the roofing materials and even wave the homeowner's deductible in exchange for allowing the company to put a sign up in the front yard.

When everyone on the block has storm damage and the locals can't schedule you in this year, seeing your neighbor get a new roof upgrade this week at no cost to him is a strong selling point well worth the $500 write off for the placement of the sign.

If your roof is leaking you don't care what language the crew on the roof is speaking. As long as the national roofing company's contract is accepted by the insurance company then the homeowner is covered even if the workers on the roof are not.

“ON THE PROWL”

Ocala, FL

#98613 Jan 31, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see them all:
Post 98514 - INTRODUCTION
Post 98516 - PROPOSAL OUTLINE: PART I.
Post 98518 - PROPOSAL OUTLINE: PART II.
Post 98519 - END:
98518 and 519 is there.. This is what I see on the others.. Yup the first page of this thread..

Eagle

San Ramon, CA

#98614 Jan 31, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post are gone just missing post #'s now.. I guess I missed that plan..
Eagle
The posts are still there. I just saw them. Why would they be gone?

“ON THE PROWL”

Ocala, FL

#98615 Jan 31, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if local law enforcement identifies illegal workers on a job site, unless there are undocumented minors or women present, ICE will not issue a hold. They will instruct local law enforcement to make copies of identification (Mexican Voter ID) and fax it to the local ICE office where they will review it the following duty day.
By that time, the roof is on and the roofing crew is in the next state over.
National roofing companies are real life storm chasers. They show up after declared disasters and offer a roof replacement today while the local roofing companies are swamped and wait times exceed one year. These national roofing companies understand home insurance rules and offer to take the paperwork burden off the homeowner, upgrade the quality of the roofing materials and even wave the homeowner's deductible in exchange for allowing the company to put a sign up in the front yard.
When everyone on the block has storm damage and the locals can't schedule you in this year, seeing your neighbor get a new roof upgrade this week at no cost to him is a strong selling point well worth the $500 write off for the placement of the sign.
If your roof is leaking you don't care what language the crew on the roof is speaking. As long as the national roofing company's contract is accepted by the insurance company then the homeowner is covered even if the workers on the roof are not.
Most knows when I refer to "WC" it means "Workmans Comp".. I should have spelled it out since you are still kinda new to old discussions.. My bad..

Eagle

San Ramon, CA

#98616 Jan 31, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
98518 and 519 is there.. This is what I see on the others.. Yup the first page of this thread..
Eagle
They are ALL still there. You just have to go back a page or so to the first of her posts.

If she didn't happen to right click on the post number when she copied it, that may have been the problem. Geeesh.

“ON THE PROWL”

Ocala, FL

#98618 Jan 31, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
The posts are still there. I just saw them. Why would they be gone?
You glass's must be fogged up I didn't see them..

Eagle
American Lady

Danville, KY

#98622 Jan 31, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You glass's must be fogged up I didn't see them..
Eagle
Maybe the same thing with 'hellonhee1s'...
I'm noticing some good posts from here are gone.
Not all ...

huuuummmmmm

Is someone being censored besides yours truly ... ;0)

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#98624 Jan 31, 2013
<quoted text>
It was spam/copyright infringements. She blasted 4 or 5 posts of the bill trying to force feed us into reading it. Forget it, what there is right now canít be considered anything more than a rough draft of what a few senators want. By the time it gets to the end of the line we wonít recognize it.
Sorry. I didn't realize what you were. My bad. There's no copyright infringement. It's my work product, and I haven't complained to anybody about it. LOL

“ON THE PROWL”

Ocala, FL

#98626 Jan 31, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
They are ALL still there. You just have to go back a page or so to the first of her posts.
If she didn't happen to right click on the post number when she copied it, that may have been the problem. Geeesh.
Why don't you reply to 98514 and 98516 then dumbazz.. I don't see them..

Eagle

“RELAX”

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#98628 Jan 31, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Most knows when I refer to "WC" it means "Workmans Comp".. I should have spelled it out since you are still kinda new to old discussions.. My bad..
Eagle
The insurance company requires the contractor to provide an I-9 for all the workers on the job but the insurance company never visits the job site to see if the workers are the same as the names on the I-9. Especially on a Saturday or a Sunday. They send out an adjuster before they approve the claim and they ask for pictures, paid invoices and an acceptance letter from the homeowner before they release the final payment.

If a roofing company sends uninsured employees to your home and one of them falls off the roof and tries to sue you for medical costs and lost wages, you may be liable. That is why the contract must include a liability statement indemnifying the property owner from such claims.
a paltry sum

United States

#98629 Jan 31, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the same thing with 'hellonhee1s'...
I'm noticing some good posts from here are gone.
Not all ...
huuuummmmmm
Is someone being censored besides yours truly ... ;0)
I am. Can you see me?
a paltry sum

United States

#98630 Jan 31, 2013
Can you see me now?

San Ramon, CA

#98631 Jan 31, 2013
discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
Rosie was buffaloed. LOL LOL LOL
Nope, YOU were.

Here, I'll try explaining and see if you get it yet. I KNEW that wasn't Quirky posting about being gay. I was playing along with the joke and teasing him. Get it?

Geeesh, get over it already. You missed the droll humor. LOL!

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#98632 Jan 31, 2013
<quoted text>
Well, whoever you are you're wrong.

It was original work and some of us were very interested in reading it.

Even if it had been "the bill", legislation (even proposed legislation) is not copyright protected and is fair game for public discussion and display.

That is what this place is supposed to be all about right?

Care to try again?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min Subduction Zone 132,505
Republican Leader: Keystone Pipeline to Top Sen... 20 min Go Blue Forever 40
What Does Ending The Cold War With Cuba Mean Fo... 38 min Zombie Corpse Rental 1
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 41 min Abe 165,426
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 1 hr Earthling-1 33,471
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 49,187
The uncomfortable truth about racism in America 1 hr Chicopee 220
US to start talks with Cuba to normalize full d... 2 hr serfs up 80
Limbaugh: Hillary/Jeb 2016 'The Perfect Ticket' 3 hr Your Ex 12
Sea Shepherd 'in contempt of US court' 4 hr Your Ex 1
Sony hack renews cybersecurity push 6 hr Hooogle It 6
More from around the web