The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 341396 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

ZACKLY

Pass Christian, MS

#98590 Jan 31, 2013
With this illegal alien issue everything has failed so far to stop it and now it is time to try something else. What's wrong with requiring the employers to pay taxes on them as well as the income tax on their earnings since they are doing a lot of the labor work in the US any way?

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Ocala, FL

#98591 Jan 31, 2013
Phurhankey Jahonsuninski wrote:
<quoted text>
But many will go through the motions to pass the time while keeping the law off their backs. A grand or two for 4-8 years protection is cheap enough.
Perhaps and as you stated most aren't even interested in becoming a citizen.. Time will tell..

Eagle

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#98592 Jan 31, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am talking about the guidelines the senators put out.. Page 4 address's new hires for EV not those currently on the job..
http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/28/politics/immigr...
BTW your plan is not being floated so no real need to discuss it..
Eagle
Couldn't disagree with you more. It's here tonight so that anybody who actually reads and understands and thinks it is a better way can take any sections they think are helpful and use them in writing their reps. Neither party has a clearly written proposal. The Committee has floated an outline as has the President.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#98593 Jan 31, 2013
<quoted text>
Hell that not only took legal workers jobs but the legals he did have were forced to do all of the high risk jobs.
You didn't hire that contractor did you?
High risk jobs demand higher prices and better skills, these skilled workers are covered under workman's comp, the illegals aren't. More than likely illegals are used on fast, in and out, low risk jobs and are paid cash.

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#98594 Jan 31, 2013
THE PROPOSAL INTRODUCTION:

Start Here:
Post 98524

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/immigration/T...

Remaining pieces follow on page.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#98595 Jan 31, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
A good roofing crew will start tearing the old roof off at sunup, inspect and repair the sub-roof and start re-roofing before lunchtime. The roof will be capped and the debris will be removed from the property before the sun sets that same day. If it's a big job, a good roofing crew foreman will have brought on some temps just for that job and those temps will want their money as soon as the job is done. Just because you see a foreman handing out cash at the end of the day doesn't mean he is doing anything illegal or improper and it doesn't mean the crew being paid are illegal.
My experience with that is ...
If they are your main employees, that are going to be around for awhile, you don't pay them daily. You wait until you get paid for that particular job or the end of the week. In other words weekly, or they go out and blow that money and do not have any come Monday morning. Therefore, getting into their next earnings. Also they may not show up, especially if they are drinkers, the next morning. Had that to happen too.

Running your own "self-employment" business, got almost too expensive, what with all the new rules & regs put on the self employer. The "little man" ... Woman in my case. That is why I take on no more than "I" can handle, these days, or tell them they will have to wait, if THEY "want" me!

I have found you can NOT get "good" help anymore! They are too LAZY! Or you can NOT trust them!

If that is the case, by-by! Me no need you ;0)

“ON THE PROWL”

Ocala, FL

#98596 Jan 31, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Couldn't disagree with you more. It's here tonight so that anybody who actually reads and understands and thinks it is a better way can take any sections they think are helpful and use them in writing their reps. Neither party has a clearly written proposal. The Committee has floated an outline as has the President.
I personally plan to read what the senate proposes the same with the house.. Ya know something I can believe in and not a pipe dream..

Hank Williams Jr.- Something To Believe In

Eagle

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#98597 Jan 31, 2013
ZACKLY wrote:
With this illegal alien issue everything has failed so far to stop it and now it is time to try something else. What's wrong with requiring the employers to pay taxes on them as well as the income tax on their earnings since they are doing a lot of the labor work in the US any way?
That's kind of the whole point of getting them documented.

It would at least be an improvement over the way things are now.

“RELAX”

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#98598 Jan 31, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It depends on where that day labor comes from.. From a home depot parking lot then they are illegal labor and not covered by WC..
Eagle
A homeowner doesn't have the time to stake out the "Home Depot" to see if their contractor is picking up a labor force there. The best sign that a roofing contractor is hiring an illegal workforce is if a white dude in a white truck sells you a roof on Monday then a white dude with a white truck delivers the roofing materials on Friday but a bunch of brown dudes in brown trucks wakes you up with the sound your roof being torn off early on a Saturday morning when the federal employees are all off duty. At that point it's really too late to do anything about it because rain is in the forecast for Sunday.

“ON THE PROWL”

Ocala, FL

#98599 Jan 31, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It depends on where that day labor comes from.. From a home depot parking lot then they are illegal labor and not covered by WC..
Eagle
BTW WC for roofers back in 06 was close to 78% of the labor's pay.. As I stated if they were getting daily pay they were off the books and cheating the system..

Eagle

“ON THE PROWL”

Ocala, FL

#98601 Jan 31, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
My experience with that is ...
If they are your main employees, that are going to be around for awhile, you don't pay them daily. You wait until you get paid for that particular job or the end of the week. In other words weekly, or they go out and blow that money and do not have any come Monday morning. Therefore, getting into their next earnings. Also they may not show up, especially if they are drinkers, the next morning. Had that to happen too.
Running your own "self-employment" business, got almost too expensive, what with all the new rules & regs put on the self employer. The "little man" ... Woman in my case. That is why I take on no more than "I" can handle, these days, or tell them they will have to wait, if THEY "want" me!
I have found you can NOT get "good" help anymore! They are too LAZY! Or you can NOT trust them!
If that is the case, by-by! Me no need you ;0)
If someone pays cash daily they are not withholding taxes and paying WC.. Thats just a simple fact..

Eagle

“ON THE PROWL”

Ocala, FL

#98603 Jan 31, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
A homeowner doesn't have the time to stake out the "Home Depot" to see if their contractor is picking up a labor force there. The best sign that a roofing contractor is hiring an illegal workforce is if a white dude in a white truck sells you a roof on Monday then a white dude with a white truck delivers the roofing materials on Friday but a bunch of brown dudes in brown trucks wakes you up with the sound your roof being torn off early on a Saturday morning when the federal employees are all off duty. At that point it's really too late to do anything about it because rain is in the forecast for Sunday.
Federal employees don't come out to a homeowners home unless its a FEMA recovery issue.. But state WC officers will visit a subdivision now and then checking paperwork.. Or that is the way its was done in FL..

Eagle

“ON THE PROWL”

Ocala, FL

#98605 Jan 31, 2013
<quoted text>
That proposal wonít stop anything. It won't pass. Neither will yours.
Half of what I think she is talking about has been removed.. I guess she did put something up but now its just missing post #'s.. I don't know if its her plan from years ago or something new..

Eagle

Since: Jun 10

San Ramon, CA

#98606 Jan 31, 2013
discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
Quirky is not gay. some poseur wrote that. likely ratso rizzo, aka Rico.
Duh!! I don't think it was Rico.

The joke is still on you. LOL!

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#98608 Jan 31, 2013
<quoted text>
That proposal wonít stop anything. It won't pass. Neither will yours.
What proposal won't stop anything?

What are your objections to the proposal I put up tonight - if you don't mind commenting specifically. I sincerely want to know what you dislike about it and why you think it couldn't pass.

If nothing passes (and I will oppose both proposals that provide a pathway to citizenship for all), what do you think the end result will be in another decade of nothing changing?

At any rate, I'd at least like to answer any questions the proposal raises in your mind and why you think it couldn't get down the road.

“ON THE PROWL”

Ocala, FL

#98609 Jan 31, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
THE PROPOSAL INTRODUCTION:
Start Here:
Post 98524
Remaining pieces follow on page.
Your post are gone just missing post #'s now.. I guess I missed that plan..

Eagle

“ON THE PROWL”

Ocala, FL

#98610 Jan 31, 2013
<quoted text>
It was spam/copyright infringements. She blasted 4 or 5 posts of the bill trying to force feed us into reading it. Forget it, what there is right now canít be considered anything more than a rough draft of what a few senators want. By the time it gets to the end of the line we wonít recognize it.
Same with the 5 page PDF of the senators.. The devil is in the delails and we will have to wait and see.. Hopefully the final bill wont be like HCR and need to pass it to see whats in it..

Eagle

“RELAX”

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#98612 Jan 31, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Federal employees don't come out to a homeowners home unless its a FEMA recovery issue.. But state WC officers will visit a subdivision now and then checking paperwork.. Or that is the way its was done in FL..
Eagle
Even if local law enforcement identifies illegal workers on a job site, unless there are undocumented minors or women present, ICE will not issue a hold. They will instruct local law enforcement to make copies of identification (Mexican Voter ID) and fax it to the local ICE office where they will review it the following duty day.

By that time, the roof is on and the roofing crew is in the next state over.

National roofing companies are real life storm chasers. They show up after declared disasters and offer a roof replacement today while the local roofing companies are swamped and wait times exceed one year. These national roofing companies understand home insurance rules and offer to take the paperwork burden off the homeowner, upgrade the quality of the roofing materials and even wave the homeowner's deductible in exchange for allowing the company to put a sign up in the front yard.

When everyone on the block has storm damage and the locals can't schedule you in this year, seeing your neighbor get a new roof upgrade this week at no cost to him is a strong selling point well worth the $500 write off for the placement of the sign.

If your roof is leaking you don't care what language the crew on the roof is speaking. As long as the national roofing company's contract is accepted by the insurance company then the homeowner is covered even if the workers on the roof are not.

“ON THE PROWL”

Ocala, FL

#98613 Jan 31, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see them all:
Post 98514 - INTRODUCTION
Post 98516 - PROPOSAL OUTLINE: PART I.
Post 98518 - PROPOSAL OUTLINE: PART II.
Post 98519 - END:
98518 and 519 is there.. This is what I see on the others.. Yup the first page of this thread..

Eagle

Since: Jun 10

San Ramon, CA

#98614 Jan 31, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post are gone just missing post #'s now.. I guess I missed that plan..
Eagle
The posts are still there. I just saw them. Why would they be gone?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Limbertwig 194,082
News What rights do immigrants in the US have? 7 min USA 34
News 'We can't be intimidated' 31 min payme 117
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 32 min disastermaster 1,277,682
News CAIR Calls for Protection of Tennessee Muslims ... 51 min flame of truth 27
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 58 min Aura Mytha 173,954
News Public Invited to Comment on Flood Maps for the... 1 hr teresa 1
News White House says Mount McKinley to be renamed D... 5 hr Joe Balls 147
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge 5 hr NoahLikesPi 377
News 'Anchor baby' fight scrambles Republican field 6 hr Responsibiility 434
More from around the web