The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 393276 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Rico in the SGV

West Covina, CA

#98381 Jan 31, 2013
La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead we have the left's culture of degenerates - like it or lump it.
I understand that you don' like the left... but if you think that your tea bagging ideology is the best thing since sliced bread then you might want to consider taking those tea bagger kool-aid filled IV needles out of your arms and enter a rehab clinic.

Seriously.. you're by far the epitome of tea bagger fail.
whatthehey

Austin, TX

#98382 Jan 31, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text> Our younger generation doesn't have the work ethics as their elders.
"Do young people lack the work ethic of their elders?

Are people in their 20s less dedicated to work and career than their elders?

Yes, today's young workers grew up with an inflated sense of self-esteem and don't work hard enough
65%
Howdy WA...I really shortened your post hope it is OK!
#1 YES... because parents of today(too many) are not interested in TEACHING their children for a lifetime!

#2 Too many ARE less dedicated to work as they know SOMEONE will pull them through a rough patch!

#3 ...and last THEE point! Yes, today's young workers grew up with an inflated sense of self-esteem and don't work hard enough 65%

TOO bad they/those many, will be forced to work harder now OR forever be doomed with debt and nothing but debt! There are some great parents still teaching their kids by example- for a lifetime! They will be our leaders in the future! Integrity, core values will be BACK in favor more than ever after this latest example of bad behavior-I hope!
Rico in the SGV

West Covina, CA

#98383 Jan 31, 2013
La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
EPA fines oil refiners for failing to use nonexistent biofuel
That's right - NONEXISTENT.
http://hotair.com/archives/2012/06/22/epa-fin...
What does your article have to do with Republicans defending border security & immigration enforcement by $600 million?
Rico in the SGV

West Covina, CA

#98384 Jan 31, 2013
I meant to say "de-funding" not "defending".

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#98385 Jan 31, 2013
Obama's Shocking Fallacies, America's Not-So-Shocking Failures

“You know a major difference in this campaign is that Governor Romney feels comfortable having politicians in Washington decide the health care choices that women are making. In my health care bill, I said insurance companies need to provide contraceptive coverage to everybody who is insured. Because this is just not a health issue. It’s an economic issue for women. It makes a difference. This is money out of that family’s pocket.”- Barack Hussein Obama

If the health insurance company is paying for it, then it is not money out of the family’s pocket? Who does Obama think is paying the health insurance company for that benefit?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2012...

Location hidden

#98388 Jan 31, 2013
Rico in the SGV wrote:
<quoted text>
What does your article have to do with Republicans defending border security & immigration enforcement by $600 million?
Obama Admin Bankrupting more Americans

New England fishermen say new regulations may lead to collapse of the industry

The cuts, in effect May 1, are expected to be backed by federal managers at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. NOAA's top federal fisheries regulator, John Bullard, acknowledged the reductions will be devastating.

Location hidden

#98389 Jan 31, 2013
Rico in the SGV wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that you don' like the left... but if you think that your tea bagging ideology is the best thing since sliced bread then you might want to consider taking those tea bagger kool-aid filled IV needles out of your arms and enter a rehab clinic.
Seriously.. you're by far the epitome of tea bagger fail.
You're the epitome of a pathologically lying poster.
higgans

Avon, IN

#98391 Jan 31, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing absolutely nothing.. We really need attrition through enforcement to have started right away.. If you look at the senate's PDF is assumes part of that but I don't see it passing anyway.. If it does the wages will remain low for decades to come with no real end in sight.. JMO..
Eagle
this whole immigration 'issue' is as phony as the motgage issue was before it. it is a manufactured 'problem': manufactured BY the very govt that refuses to ENFORCE the Laws we have. where there IS a question is with 'anchor babies'. this Progressive, pro-globalist, anti-American/national ID INTERPRETATION of a poorly worded law needs to be CLARIFIED once and for all.
once CONSENSUS is reached, via Fed law or Const'l amend, THAT issue will be done and settled.
children, if deemed to BE citizens, would then be assigned dual-citizenship. minor children would be returned to wherever WITH their parent/parents or ADOPTED LEGALLY by citizen family members/others. adult 'children' could stay AS adults... NOT wards of the state.
the cost of rounding-up and exporting illegals, IMO, is WAAAAY over stated. the cost of NOT doing so is waaaay UNDER stated.
FIRST, secure the borders as much as humanly possible. by any means necessary, period. many, MANY other nations use much more severe measures than us; most WORK better than ours!
once the influx is grossly reduced, rounding-up, say, 1 miilion p/year should be a snap... WITH DEDICATED LOCAL, STATE AND FEDERAL efforts. if the cost MINUS the assets confiscated (we do this with other criminals, RIGHT?) exceeds $1k-2k per illegal, WE AIN'T DOING IT RIGHT. 1 million X $2k equals $2 billion per annum... a pittance!
EVERY illegal employee arrested should be followed up with as many UNEMPLOYED Americans, receiving public 'safety net' funds, BEING interviewed as needed AND one GAINFULLY employed and CONTRIBUTING to public coffers.
we have just as many 'grunt' laborers and semi-skilled workers sitting on their collective arses as we have illegals. once the chronic UN-/UNDER-employed LEARN the 'joys' of earning their own living, our Nation will benefit IMMENSELY.
THEN, 3-five years down the road, we can institute a 'guest' worker program... THEN. IMO, once people LEARN the value of working, most will better themselves and move UP and away from these jobs that illegals are NOW doing 90% of. thus, there, AGAIN, WILL be a need for imported but LEGAL laborers.
bet you don't hear anything like that coming out of DC!
WE HAVE TO STOP OUR GOVT FROM NOT DOING ITS JOB FIRST.
oft-times, that means NOT voting for the failed INCUMBENTS!!
Rico in the SGV

West Covina, CA

#98392 Jan 31, 2013
La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama Admin Bankrupting more Americans
New England fishermen say new regulations may lead to collapse of the industry
The cuts, in effect May 1, are expected to be backed by federal managers at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. NOAA's top federal fisheries regulator, John Bullard, acknowledged the reductions will be devastating.
The power of the purse begins in the Republican controlled House of Representatives.

This is all part of the tea bagger ideology... cut funding and then try to blame Obama for it all.

Sorry little buddy... we're not all double digit IQ knuckle draggers like you who slam tea bagger kool-aid in the vein.
higgans

Avon, IN

#98393 Jan 31, 2013
Immigrunt wrote:
<quoted text>
Our current laws should go a long way to handling the situation if enforced. After all, Obama is not a king, he can’t just ignore immigration laws....
http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2520142
well, DUH! apparently he/they CAN bcause THEY DO.
ask the voters that voted to CONTINUE this UN-AMERICAN INSANITY.

“The Beast Within”

Since: Oct 12

Paradise, Calif

#98395 Jan 31, 2013
Rico in the SGV wrote:
<quoted text>
If only we brought back the days of "Leave it to Beaver"... America can once again prosper.

Typical CONservative wet dreaming.
HOWDY DOODY!
Them typical Cons weren't so straight laced as it may seem, at least not in the open!

Buffalo Bob's Dance.......[R]

http://youtu.be/4y-RxUYzBOc

Goodbye Horses / Q Lazarus
{Silence of the Lambs}
Rico in the SGV

West Covina, CA

#98396 Jan 31, 2013
Immigrunt wrote:
<quoted text>
Our current laws should go a long way to handling the situation if enforced. After all, Obama is not a king, he can’t just ignore immigration laws....
http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2520142
Funding for immigration enforcement begins in the Republican controlled House of Representatives... Obama can only do what the House provides in funding.

So yes, Obama is not a King as he has a limited role in what he can do and even less when House Republican cut the funding.
Rico in the SGV

West Covina, CA

#98397 Jan 31, 2013
Phurhankey Jahonsuninski wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, like one section of fence will keep the dogs out of your yard.
I'd prefer feet on the ground vs. a wall any day but much of the southern border has natural barriers.

IMO... a wall might keep out some and some is better than none.

“and I don't care....”

Since: Oct 11

The Burbs, USA

#98399 Jan 31, 2013
La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
Baawah!

COME BACK WHEN YOU GROW UP

http://youtu.be/ClLWNTXD_4w

BVEE & THE STRANGERS
w/lyrics 2
Rico in the SGV

West Covina, CA

#98400 Jan 31, 2013
La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
Good grief... you even prove you're sub-par on the IQ scale by being incapable of providing your own witty reply... you simply steal the words of a liberal.

EPIC FAIL!!!
Lock N Load

Riverside, CA

#98401 Jan 31, 2013
Wyoming House Approves Bills Exempting State From Federal Gun Control Measures
January 31, 2013 10:28 AM

CHEYENNE, Wyo.— Faced with the prospect of new federal gun restrictions, the Wyoming House gave initial approval Wednesday to bills that sponsors say would exempt guns in the state from new regulations while possibly taking the fight to criminals who might choose to attack public schools.

The House voted in favor of a bill that would seek to block the federal government from restricting assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. It amended the bill to specify that federal officials who tried to enforce any ban would be subject to state misdemeanor charges instead of felony charges.

President Barack Obama has called for reinstituting a federal assault weapons ban following the massacre of 20 Connecticut first-graders by a gunman last month.

The House on Wednesday also gave preliminary approval to a bill that would allow citizens who hold concealed carry permits to carry guns on campuses of public schools, colleges and the University of Wyoming.

Read More: http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/01/31/wyo...
Rico in the SGV

West Covina, CA

#98402 Jan 31, 2013
Immigrunt wrote:
This president is having a hard time leading;
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/01/31/wyo...
Ariz. Senate Panel Passes Bill Barring Enforcement Of Federal Gun Measures
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/01/31/ari...
And even some states that voted for him,
Gun Exemption Law in Michigan
http://www.wdet.org/shows/craig-fahle-show/ep...
All those States are asking for is another Ruby Ridge outcome.

Location hidden

#98403 Jan 31, 2013
whatthehey wrote:
<quoted text>HOWDY...
I sure did and yes it was a great game! Your team AND mine Sat. at College Station! A&M vs UK...Cats and Aggies! Good luck to...?
Oh, well I was hoping!... AND, we will work on a Ky. reunion with a Texan...yep be AMAZING! Later!
Hey Texas! Yes, UK and A&M! I am sure it will be a great game. We have improved some since the last one but playing at A&M will be tough! Good luck to both teams!!!

We need to get AL in our possible meeting. When you know more about when you are coming let me know.
Rico in the SGV

West Covina, CA

#98404 Jan 31, 2013
Lock N Load wrote:
January 31, 2013 10:28 AM
CHEYENNE, Wyo.— Faced with the prospect of new federal gun restrictions, the Wyoming House gave initial approval Wednesday to bills that sponsors say would exempt guns in the state from new regulations while possibly taking the fight to criminals who might choose to attack public schools.
The House voted in favor of a bill that would seek to block the federal government from restricting assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. It amended the bill to specify that federal officials who tried to enforce any ban would be subject to state misdemeanor charges instead of felony charges.
President Barack Obama has called for reinstituting a federal assault weapons ban following the massacre of 20 Connecticut first-graders by a gunman last month.
The House on Wednesday also gave preliminary approval to a bill that would allow citizens who hold concealed carry permits to carry guns on campuses of public schools, colleges and the University of Wyoming.
Read More: http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/01/31/wyo...
And some states passed marijuana laws in contradiction of federal law. It doesn't mean that the feds can't go in and enforce federal Law.

But all the right wingers will eventually get the gunfight they've been dying to have further spooking Americans into more gun control.
higgans

Avon, IN

#98405 Jan 31, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Does this mean that if American workers don't work harder and spend longer at training, and illegal immigrants get jobs they need, they're.......bad and lazy?
They're looking for work.
let's see here... MOST poor folk live in 'clusters'.
these areas that contain these 'clusters', I don't think that is WHERE the jobs are being created. am I wrong?
with enabling gfs, play-wives, mothers/aunts/sisters/grandmas AND the 'safety net' providing food and shelter and ?????, where is the INCENTIVE and need to GO to the jobs?
matter of fact, with willing pols promising MORE 'stuff', WHY go to the JOBS?
too many 'poor' are caught in a govt-sponsered (safety net programs) and govt-promoted(unfair trade policies and lack of protective tariffs) cycle of poverty. like education and family/parenting pursuits, what incentive is there for those caught-up in this cycle to break away?
public opinion? when folks like me say 'Enough is ENOUGH!', what do folks like YOU say?
and, the cycle c o n t i n u e s.....
why DO minorities continue to support one Party after LOSING so much 'ground' since MLK?
VOTE for ME and I'll set you'all FREE... BUT not until after the election... and the next... and the next...
maybe, JUST MAYBE, when that one certain Party starts LOSING its lock on their votes, SOMETHING will get done?
aaah, Human Nature....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Injudgement 239,454
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min sonicfilter 1,419,028
News News 14 Mins Ago Trump rebukes racism claims as... 3 min Ted Haggard s Gos... 59
News Governor's order seeks to make Minnesota more b... 5 min Go Blue Forever 6
News Trump calls on GOP to improve African-American ... 5 min TRUMP FAN 350
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 6 min Surgit Tempestas 7,764
News In presidential elections, size doesn't always ... 7 min Go Blue Forever 7
News Donald Trump's immigration policy: Then and now 38 min drumpf LOL 151
More from around the web