The President has failed us

There are 328349 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Arm the internet

#97138 Jan 28, 2013
- OId Man - wrote:
<quoted text>
The Knack-My Sharona
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =h3ADektyDhMXX
Photo shop. Brush to the left. Brush to the right.
It's a work in progress.
True, I once lived under a pier. She still does.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Arm the internet

#97139 Jan 28, 2013
Hell on Hee1s wrote:
<quoted text>
Spelling doesn't have anything to do with intelligence. I know people who can't even read and write, but were/are VERY smart. Have you ever seen anyone sign with an "X" ...? Yeah those. They had farms, businesses, and loving family lives, but couldn't spell. That's what I call intelligence. Common horse sense, is better than just book sense any day of the week!
Agree, If you have to swim a creek as part of your job there's no point wondering if the water is cold.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#97140 Jan 28, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>I was going to post this very story, but figured somebody would find fault with this site.
It's crap like that, which throws me to the right on gun control. I only have two guns in the home, one .38 special and a semi-auto .22L. I've never really felt an urge to get anymore but if I did, it would be a .223 type rifle.

Now that all this gun control is going on, It encourages me to want to go get one. It's just that I'm not in the position to drop a few "g's" on a rifle that will simply collect dust.

I have other priorities.... but boy a .223 would be nice and the Government abridging my future rights on guns really upsets me.

Apparently Democrats think they hold absolute power right now & can do whatever they want but it's that exact thing that will make them lose power down the road.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#97141 Jan 28, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all sweetie!
Definition of ignorant (adj)
bing.com · Bing Dictionary
ig·no·rant
[ígn&#601;r&#601;nt ]
1.lacking knowledge: lacking knowledge or education in general or in a specific subject
2.unaware: unaware of something
3.resulting from lack of knowledge: caused by a lack of knowledge, understanding, or experience
I would have to assume X-Man is "lacking knowledge or education in a specific subject". Surely he doesn't know EVERYTHING!
I use the word ignorant allot!! I prefer to use that word rather than the word "retarded".

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Arm the internet

#97142 Jan 28, 2013
Oaky wrote:
A friend who told me he left the thread has requested that I post this for him.
It is reported that if our military leaders are not willing to fire upon US citizens they will be relieved of their duties.....
Obama Litmus Test: Military Leaders Willing to Fire at US Citizens
Read more at http://www.reagancoalition.com/articles/2013/...
Does that exempt Obama from being fired upon?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#97143 Jan 28, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Agree, If you have to swim a creek as part of your job there's no point wondering if the water is cold.
Huh?

He who truly knows has no occasion to shout.
~Leonardo da Vinci
Hell on Hee1s wrote:
<quoted text>I can compete with anyone on this forum. I drop a level or too, to talk to you and her, and some of the other idiots on here.
He who truly knows has no occasion to shout.
~Leonardo da Vinci

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#97144 Jan 28, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
As well you should be. My grandson who is in the 8th grade made the "All Tournament" team this past weekend in Kentucky. Since I am in Florida at the moment, I wasn't able to see him, but received regular texts from his parents. He called me after the game regarding his award. Can you tell I am proud of him? LOL
Ha! As well YOU should be!!! Too bad you can't do "facetime" with him. You could "see" him and talk to him more often with that technology!

Location hidden

#97145 Jan 28, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
It's crap like that, which throws me to the right on gun control. I only have two guns in the home, one .38 special and a semi-auto .22L. I've never really felt an urge to get anymore but if I did, it would be a .223 type rifle.
Now that all this gun control is going on, It encourages me to want to go get one. It's just that I'm not in the position to drop a few "g's" on a rifle that will simply collect dust.
I have other priorities.... but boy a .223 would be nice and the Government abridging my future rights on guns really upsets me.
Apparently Democrats think they hold absolute power right now & can do whatever they want but it's that exact thing that will make them lose power down the road.
As well it should...it's a slow chipping away at our rights by a few. Feel-good legislation usually does not give the results that were intended.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Arm the internet

#97146 Jan 28, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
Standing by his man: GOP millionaire Foster Friess wants Santorum in 2016
Wealthy conservative investor Foster Friess is best known in Washington, D.C. for helping fund Rick Santorum's presidential campaign. And the multimillionaire says he would support the former Pennsylvania senator again if he runs in 2016, even likening Santorum to Ronald Reagan.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/power-players-abc...
I had to stop laughing long enough to make this post.
Santorum should be the poster child for everything that's wrong with the party.
Perhaps at present.
We can't predict what will be wrong with the party in 2016.
Perhaps by then he would continue to be the poster child for everything we should have thought right about the party.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Arm the internet

#97147 Jan 28, 2013
<Last November>

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#97148 Jan 28, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
I use the word ignorant allot!! I prefer to use that word rather than the word "retarded".
I would have to agree that using ignorant is better than retarded!

Location hidden

#97149 Jan 28, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Ha! As well YOU should be!!! Too bad you can't do "facetime" with him. You could "see" him and talk to him more often with that technology!
We use Skype on our computers, but he wasn't at home when he called.

Location hidden

#97150 Jan 28, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>As well it should...it's a slow chipping away at our rights by a few. Feel-good legislation usually does not give the results that were intended.
This latest assault on the 2nd Amendment by the left is just another step toward their ultimate goal - removing ALL firearms from the law abiding public.

I do wonder how members of minorities feel about this latest uproar.

Many parents, grandparents, and siblings, especially among African-American communities, must be outraged that it took an incident involving Caucasian children to bring it to the national spotlight.

This only goes to prove the main issue is the 2nd Amendment and NOT the safety of children.

Location hidden

#97151 Jan 28, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps at present.
We can't predict what will be wrong with the party in 2016.
Perhaps by then he would continue to be the poster child for everything we should have thought right about the party.
At least Boehner and others have finally opened their eyes to reality.

“[G]iven what we heard yesterday about the president’s vision for his second term, it’s pretty clear to me and should be clear to all of you that he knows he can’t do any of that as long as the House is controlled by Republicans,” Boehner said.“So we’re expecting over the next 22 months to be the focus of this administration as they attempt to annihilate the Republican Party. And let me tell you, I do believe that is their goal. To just shove us in the dustbin of history.”

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/01/23/boehner...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Arm the internet

#97152 Jan 28, 2013
Oaky wrote:
Why do I get the feeling that someone is trying to hunt me down, bait me and get me banned?
I'll bite. What does it feel like? I don't think anyone else can get you banned. One gets one's self banned. Or one bans one's self.
Should Obama be banned from our club for violation of our TOS.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Arm the internet

#97153 Jan 28, 2013
?

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#97155 Jan 28, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>I always considered sex to be beneficial for one's health. See, some of us see the value of it, we just like it to be with "the one" love of our life.
When I was younger, I didn't hold to the one partner thing. Now that I'm a little older, I prefer the one partner thing and since then I've had a few occasions where I could have had one night stands and I turned them down. Want to know why? Cause I got scared. Yea, that's the truth, I wimped out and used the "I have a girl already storyline".

Location hidden

#97156 Jan 28, 2013
Ah, Good Ol' Liberalism

We get £17,680 a year in benefits, buy 40 cigs a day, have a laptop and a home with 47-inch TV. Why work?

++++++++++

Danny Creamer, 21, and Gina Allan, 18, spend each day watching their 47in flatscreen TV and smoking 40 cigarettes between them in their comfy two-bedroom flat.

It is all funded by the taxpayer, yet the couple say they deserve sympathy because they are “trapped”.

They even claim they are entitled to their generous handouts because their hard-working parents have been paying tax for years.

The couple, who have a four-month-old daughter Tullulah-Rose, say they can’t go out to work as they could not survive on less than their £1,473-a-month benefits.

The pair left school with no qualifications, and say there is no point looking for jobs because they will never be able to earn as much as they get in handouts.

Gina admits:“We could easily get a job but why would we want to work — we would be worse off.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/476...
whatthehey

Austin, TX

#97158 Jan 28, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
I have discredited myself?????????? LMAO!!!! All you do is continue to show your stupidity! I have provided it to you in print! I worked in these fields for over 30 years! What in the hell do you know?
It seems to really bother you when someone is successful. Especially me! Well sweetie, I did marry very well to a truly great guy who is also retired from private industry. I don't need to answer a phone or take orders. I live very well from my two retirement checks. His retirement check is an added bonus!
I'll be back to Kentucky in late March or early April. Up I-75 to I-64 and take the Highway 60 exit. That is called Versailles Road in Frankfort. That will take me right on over to my beautiful home on the golf course.
Go back to your corner until you know what you are speaking of which will be NEVER!!!!!
Good morning! INTERESTING! AMAZING maybe!

Hey, I will be up your way in May or June. We were once in a partnership(part owners of a construction company),that company is bidding on a project around the Newtown Pike area! If they seal the deal, we want to be in on the celebration.

You, American Lady and I, maybe, can get together as ourselves on here, in name! I know American Lady is affiliated with the college in her town. Would that not be AMAZING? We will have to see for sure-if it would be possible!

By the way does your maiden name end with "r" and from a very small town that ends in "y"? All I will say- I promise. The construction business aligned me once with this amazing family also in the business whose family member seemed to be in your line of work!

Small world sometimes, maybe AGAIN on here!

Location hidden

#97159 Jan 28, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
I would have to agree that using ignorant is better than retarded!
Good job! You have kept your word to me on that!!!:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cleveland protests erupt after officer found no... 5 min xxxrayted 21
News Kasich rules out vice presidential plan 5 min Pope Out To Pasture 1
News Protester Leaves Shell Ship North of Seattle; 1... 8 min RustyS 2
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 11 min NoahLovesU 2,125
News What Should Citizenship Mean? 13 min xxxrayted 34
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 20 min NoahLovesU 7,319
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 21 min positronium 189,805
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 29 min Jay 182,338
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 43 min Teaman 1,232,515
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 45 min Subduction Zone 163,773
More from around the web