The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 333406 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#97104 Jan 28, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, I thought you were talking about my advice. It has actually helped me when I was having those problems.
Scented candles can enhance the atmosphere and aid in relaxation, but yeah, I think X-Man was talking about Quirk's voodoo prescription.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#97105 Jan 28, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never lived on a farm. As a child had a pet snake, pet lizard, a squirrel monkey and many dogs. Does that count?
I probably am quick to jump Jax. I tend to be on the defensive most of the time and that is something I am not use to.
I could say you have the same annoying tendency Jax. I don't recall you ever standing up for any of us. I actually have a couple of times when I thought it had gone way too far. There seems to be such an obvious division between the left and right on this thread that I tend to let a lot of it go. In addition, to be totally frank, there are at least a few on here who I have grown to dislike so immensely I would have difficulty standing up for them. If you are totally honest, I am sure there are some you feel the same way about. I truly regret it has gotten to that point, but it has.
I have done so as well. I have to say a few of these folks have even stood up for me, X-man, rose and rico being among them. I hate that there is such a divide here, but every so often one side does speak up when they think somebody on the other side is being treated unfairly. and there are those who like to jump in taking pot shots regardless because I guess it must make them feel better about themselves. At any rate, what does it matter in the scheme of things? We all hopefully have real life relationships that fulfill us in ways that this forum could never do. I hope you are able to take a nap...sleep deprivation is not good at all. I consider X to be a friend, and that has angered some on "the other side" but guess what, it happens, for some reason we see the good in each other, I guess.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#97106 Jan 28, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, now that wouldn't be considered a "medication" would it T?
I would take advice about relaxing smelling candles from you anytime T, you know that.(batts eye lashes)
lol
You are such a flirt!

I've got company coming in a little while. Gotta get things ready.

Have a good X.

Be back later.

:)

Location hidden

#97107 Jan 28, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
I would take advice about relaxing smelling candles from you anytime T, you know that.(batts eye lashes)
lol
YOU, my friend, are a sweetheart!!!

Location hidden

#97108 Jan 28, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Scented candles can enhance the atmosphere and aid in relaxation, but yeah, I think X-Man was talking about Quirk's voodoo prescription.
I realized that after I fired off my comment, as I had not seen the other suggestion. I really didn't think he would take issue with what I had said.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#97109 Jan 28, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats because you have a one track mind with a learning deficit.
Yeah? At least I can spell "Tylenol"... Hmm.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Estefenu NY

#97110 Jan 28, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't directing the statement at you specifically. It was just a statement about people in general, societal priorities.
For as advanced as we are technologically as a society, I believe, we as humans, are more detached from what it means to be human than we have ever been.
Ok, but from that prospective then what would you say to the question: What do you think specifically it means to be human?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#97111 Jan 28, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
"I don't recall you ever standing up for any of us."
I'm not sure who "us" is, but you apparently haven't been paying attention.
In particular there have been a couple of times that comments were made about you that were so far beyond the pale that I did speak up.
Irritated a few people I consider otherwise friendly doing it too, but I guess that's old news now.
Anyway, I'm comfortable in my own skin and I'll take the heat for anything I say or do. I just get tired of this "us and them" crap and I get tired of being attacked by people I've tried to be reasonable with just because I get along with people they consider to be "on the other team".
That's what started our recent little dust up.
Take people one at a time based only what they say or do and you might be surprised at the results.
When I say "us", I am referring to those on the right whom I have aligned with.

I actually made a statement to someone who was making some terrible statements to you and I also asked Old Man to knock it off about Rose on one occasion.

I will give it a shot!

Location hidden

#97112 Jan 28, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Pfft.
We're all "ignorant" about something, little miss know it all. I guess some of us are even ignorant about being ignorant. ;)
You'rd velcome.(Dracula accent)
I have NEVER claimed to know it all. Some things I know almost nothing about. Some things I know a few things about. Some things I know a great deal about. Doesn't make me "ignorant" and there is no need to talk down to me.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Estefenu NY

#97113 Jan 28, 2013
Hell on Hee1s wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't ride 'side saddle' bub.
I use my long legs for the good they are =)
There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence.
How come you peed on the fence?=)
LMAO! Good one.

“Flagged and reported ”

Since: Jul 10

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#97114 Jan 28, 2013
gzeena wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't like the truth much, do you? Hate the people who post the truth, do you? That's very clear.
gzeena:
Rose calls everyone "liar". You don't need to convince anyone you are an honest person, especially that hypocrite.
But you do lie. Did you think that everything you post here is God honest truth? Maybe it your twisted convoluted nutter world but in reality, you couldn't be farther from the truth.

Location hidden

#97115 Jan 28, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>I have done so as well. I have to say a few of these folks have even stood up for me, X-man, rose and rico being among them. I hate that there is such a divide here, but every so often one side does speak up when they think somebody on the other side is being treated unfairly. and there are those who like to jump in taking pot shots regardless because I guess it must make them feel better about themselves. At any rate, what does it matter in the scheme of things? We all hopefully have real life relationships that fulfill us in ways that this forum could never do. I hope you are able to take a nap...sleep deprivation is not good at all. I consider X to be a friend, and that has angered some on "the other side" but guess what, it happens, for some reason we see the good in each other, I guess.
Hey Teddy did you see my question about what age group your daughter's team is?

Location hidden

#97116 Jan 28, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew exactly what he meant.

Location hidden

#97117 Jan 28, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, but from that prospective then what would you say to the question: What do you think specifically it means to be human?
Well, I think many of our generation have lost our connection with the earth and what it means to be human in relation to the earth and really the Universe as a whole. I'm not trying to just sound deep or whacked out but that's as simply as I can put it.

Our ancestors studied and valued the stars. Our knowledge of our environment and the universe has compounded but it doesn't really seem like anyone cares. We rely a great deal on machines, so much so, that many are detached. Look at the things happening like the shootings in Newton. These kind of "depressions" and impulsive aggressions are becoming more and more common. People are detached, desensitized, disillusioned, from humanity itself. Make sense? Kind of?

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#97118 Jan 28, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
If I can't sleep... I do the all natural remedy.... sex sex sex!!!! That'll put both to sleep... if ya'll bust the Org!!!!

Wait... too many people here with morals and values who think sex is for making babies only. My bad!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHHAAA!!!

Location hidden

#97119 Jan 28, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
I have NEVER claimed to know it all. Some things I know almost nothing about. Some things I know a few things about. Some things I know a great deal about. Doesn't make me "ignorant" and there is no need to talk down to me.
Hmm...

Definition of ignorant (adj)

bing.com ˇ Bing Dictionary

igˇnoˇrant

[ígn&#601;r&#601;nt ]

1.lacking knowledge: lacking knowledge or education in general or in a specific subject
2.unaware: unaware of something
3.resulting from lack of knowledge: caused by a lack of knowledge, understanding, or experience

Location hidden

#97120 Jan 28, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew exactly what he meant.
I'm not surprised Little Miss Know It all! lol

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#97121 Jan 28, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Leave it to Q-cumber to attack a persons grammar with his own comment full of screwed up grammar.

Location hidden

#97122 Jan 28, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, I don't keep up with your Topix schedule. I am usually not up this early. Could care less when or if you read any of my posts.
Oh yeah?

"Btw"

((I)) don't keep up with what you "keep up with" and I AM usually up this early so ((I))could care less when or if YOU read any of my posts! lol

;)

Location hidden

#97123 Jan 28, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Teddy did you see my question about what age group your daughter's team is?
No,sorry...middle school...raging hormones and many of the girls never picked up a ball before they tried out. What she did with this rag-tag bunch is pretty awesome. Does it show that I am very proud of her?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? 2 min woodtick57 189
News Donald Trump surges, and Democrats cheer 3 min kuda 150
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Mr Lib 1,252,746
News Oregon lawmakers vote to help gay veterans, str... 4 min Mullahing It Over 8
News Obama blasts Scott Walker's policies in visit t... 4 min Prep-for-Dep 62
News Trump won't back down on immigration; protester... 5 min Running Bare 37
News Why assault rifle sales are booming 5 min payme 126
News Mainstream Right-Wingers, Don't Even Start With... 14 min xxxrayted 552
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 16 min Jay 186,707
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min jh4freedom 192,548
More from around the web