The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 404335 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#97091 Jan 28, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning X-Man-
Hope it's a good one for ya.
Every morning that we wake up in one piece is a good one Jaxx! That's my story and I'm sticking with it. ;)

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#97092 Jan 28, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of chickens. A few cows, a couple of goats, a dozen sheep, assorted ducks, turkeys and guineas.
One stinky pig, a cranky old goose with a bad attitude...."and a partridge in a pear tree".
Finally got the stables done so we're looking to get a couple of horses too.
I never said you weren't a good person and I've tried harder than most to get along with you (gotta give me credit for that). Just seems you're quick to jump on anyone that disagrees with you and you have an annoying tendency to ignore the crap your "friends" pull when it's right in front of your face.
Hard to ignore that last part.
:)
I've never lived on a farm. As a child had a pet snake, pet lizard, a squirrel monkey and many dogs. Does that count?

I probably am quick to jump Jax. I tend to be on the defensive most of the time and that is something I am not use to.

I could say you have the same annoying tendency Jax. I don't recall you ever standing up for any of us. I actually have a couple of times when I thought it had gone way too far. There seems to be such an obvious division between the left and right on this thread that I tend to let a lot of it go. In addition, to be totally frank, there are at least a few on here who I have grown to dislike so immensely I would have difficulty standing up for them. If you are totally honest, I am sure there are some you feel the same way about. I truly regret it has gotten to that point, but it has.

Location hidden

#97093 Jan 28, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
All at the same time?
Omg. Do not take advice about sleep medications from someone on Topix.

(shakes head)

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#97094 Jan 28, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Never tried that! I am at the point of trying most anything.
Thanks for the suggestion!
The scent is very relaxing!

Location hidden

#97095 Jan 28, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
One over the counter Tylanol, One Valarian root Over the counter, and One Unisom works good.
I tend to refrain from taking advice about, Tylenol, from someone that can't spell, Tylenol,....but that's just me. ;)

Location hidden

#97096 Jan 28, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Omg. Do not take advice about sleep medications from someone on Topix.
(shakes head)
Why? The scent of lavender is very relaxing. It's not ingested.

http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4580267_lavender...

Location hidden

#97097 Jan 28, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
I tend to refrain from taking advice about, Tylenol, from someone that can't spell, Tylenol,....but that's just me. ;)
Sorry, I thought you were talking about my advice. It has actually helped me when I was having those problems.

Location hidden

#97098 Jan 28, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
<quoted text>
I seriously doubt he's reading Topix this early.
<quoted text>
Shoulda, whoulda, coulda, horse shoes and hand grenades. Too late now. ;)
<quoted text>
"Enjoy" is not really accurate. "revel" would be more accurate. Some of you pubs are just too easy. ;)
<quoted text>
Well thank you. I do try. ;)
<quoted text>
I'm sure you would. Unfortunately, I'm not in the "Republican Honey" appreciation business. So, you'll just have to continue wandering Topix in ignorance.
<quoted text>
Oh, you'd be surprised at what you "can" do when you don't have a choice. ;)
Let me make it clear I am not ignorant. I asked a valid question based on a accusation you made. Thanks so much for your kind assistance.(rolls eyes)

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#97099 Jan 28, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never lived on a farm. As a child had a pet snake, pet lizard, a squirrel monkey and many dogs. Does that count?
I probably am quick to jump Jax. I tend to be on the defensive most of the time and that is something I am not use to.
I could say you have the same annoying tendency Jax. I don't recall you ever standing up for any of us. I actually have a couple of times when I thought it had gone way too far. There seems to be such an obvious division between the left and right on this thread that I tend to let a lot of it go. In addition, to be totally frank, there are at least a few on here who I have grown to dislike so immensely I would have difficulty standing up for them. If you are totally honest, I am sure there are some you feel the same way about. I truly regret it has gotten to that point, but it has.
"I don't recall you ever standing up for any of us."

I'm not sure who "us" is, but you apparently haven't been paying attention.

In particular there have been a couple of times that comments were made about you that were so far beyond the pale that I did speak up.

Irritated a few people I consider otherwise friendly doing it too, but I guess that's old news now.

Anyway, I'm comfortable in my own skin and I'll take the heat for anything I say or do. I just get tired of this "us and them" crap and I get tired of being attacked by people I've tried to be reasonable with just because I get along with people they consider to be "on the other team".

That's what started our recent little dust up.

Take people one at a time based only what they say or do and you might be surprised at the results.

Location hidden

#97100 Jan 28, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Why? The scent of lavender is very relaxing. It's not ingested.
http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4580267_lavender...
Well, now that wouldn't be considered a "medication" would it T?

I would take advice about relaxing smelling candles from you anytime T, you know that.(batts eye lashes)

lol
Quirky

Brighton, CO

#97101 Jan 28, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats because you have a one track mind with a learning deficit.

Location hidden

#97102 Jan 28, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
<quoted text>
I seriously doubt he's reading Topix this early.
<quoted text>
Shoulda, whoulda, coulda, horse shoes and hand grenades. Too late now. ;)
<quoted text>
"Enjoy" is not really accurate. "revel" would be more accurate. Some of you pubs are just too easy. ;)
<quoted text>
Well thank you. I do try. ;)
<quoted text>
I'm sure you would. Unfortunately, I'm not in the "Republican Honey" appreciation business. So, you'll just have to continue wandering Topix in ignorance.
<quoted text>
Oh, you'd be surprised at what you "can" do when you don't have a choice. ;)
By the way, I don't keep up with your Topix schedule. I am usually not up this early. Could care less when or if you read any of my posts.

Location hidden

#97103 Jan 28, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me make it clear I am not ignorant. I asked a valid question based on a accusation you made. Thanks so much for your kind assistance.(rolls eyes)
Pfft.

We're all "ignorant" about something, little miss know it all. I guess some of us are even ignorant about being ignorant. ;)

You'rd velcome.(Dracula accent)

Location hidden

#97104 Jan 28, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, I thought you were talking about my advice. It has actually helped me when I was having those problems.
Scented candles can enhance the atmosphere and aid in relaxation, but yeah, I think X-Man was talking about Quirk's voodoo prescription.

Location hidden

#97105 Jan 28, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
I have done so as well. I have to say a few of these folks have even stood up for me, X-man, rose and rico being among them. I hate that there is such a divide here, but every so often one side does speak up when they think somebody on the other side is being treated unfairly. and there are those who like to jump in taking pot shots regardless because I guess it must make them feel better about themselves. At any rate, what does it matter in the scheme of things? We all hopefully have real life relationships that fulfill us in ways that this forum could never do. I hope you are able to take a nap...sleep deprivation is not good at all. I consider X to be a friend, and that has angered some on "the other side" but guess what, it happens, for some reason we see the good in each other, I guess.

Location hidden

#97106 Jan 28, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
I would take advice about relaxing smelling candles from you anytime T, you know that.(batts eye lashes)
lol
You are such a flirt!

I've got company coming in a little while. Gotta get things ready.

Have a good X.

Be back later.

:)

Location hidden

#97107 Jan 28, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
YOU, my friend, are a sweetheart!!!

Location hidden

#97108 Jan 28, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Scented candles can enhance the atmosphere and aid in relaxation, but yeah, I think X-Man was talking about Quirk's voodoo prescription.
I realized that after I fired off my comment, as I had not seen the other suggestion. I really didn't think he would take issue with what I had said.

Location hidden

#97109 Jan 28, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats because you have a one track mind with a learning deficit.
Yeah? At least I can spell "Tylenol"... Hmm.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#97110 Jan 28, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't directing the statement at you specifically. It was just a statement about people in general, societal priorities.
For as advanced as we are technologically as a society, I believe, we as humans, are more detached from what it means to be human than we have ever been.
Ok, but from that prospective then what would you say to the question: What do you think specifically it means to be human?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min District 1 231,241
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Cheech the Conser... 1,460,460
News Secret CIA assessment says Russia intervened in... 3 min Mikey 96
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 4 min USA 13,254
News Cooper names NC governor transition team Read S... 8 min Muffy Pierce 18
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 10 min Trump your President 3,234
News White rage and racist thought: How history puts... 12 min Mikey 98
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 25 min replaytime 217,131
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 1 hr Duke David 686
More from around the web