The President has failed us

There are 340740 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#95941 Jan 26, 2013
WAR - The World Is a Ghetto:

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#95942 Jan 26, 2013
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
How can one have a civil conversation with the NRA?
NRA's LaPierre: Absolutism is virtue, not vice.
By REID J. EPSTEIN | 1/22/13 11:10 PM EST
National Rifle Association CEO Wayne LaPierre blasted President Obama for his inaugural warning against “absolutism” and reiterated his promise to give no ground on gun control.
LaPierre’s rebuttal, billed by the NRA as a “major response” to Obama’s Inaugural address, included a specific call to keep semi-automatic firearms legal and said requiring universal background checks for gun sales would put an end to American traditions.
[...]Absolutism, LaPierre said, is a virtue without which gun owners and NRA members would lose their constitutional rights.“Obama wants to turn the idea of absolutism into a dirty word,” LaPierre said.“Just another word for extremism. He wants you, all of you, and Americans throughout all of this country, to accept the idea of principles as he sees fit. It’s a way of redefining words so that common sense is turned upside down and that nobody knows the difference.”
http://www.politico.com/politico44/2013/01/nr...
Jaxx posted a link yesterday to their roster of Board Members with informative little fact sheets on each. Republicans these days aren't known for considering anything that falls outside of their comfort zone. Guns make them comfortable. Must have a lot of investment capital in Smith and Wesson;-)

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#95943 Jan 26, 2013
Hell on Hee1s wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been confirmed that Adam Lanza died on December 13, 2012, not December 14, 2012, the day of Sandy Hook shooting.
http://www.genealogybank.com/gbnk/ssdi/doc/ss...
OMG. The conspiracy lunacy strikes again. None of those mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters were real, nobody died, and everything is a friggin' trick to confuse Americans and steal their guns and deprive them of their Second Amendment rights.

SEEK HELP!!!

Seriously.

“Natural selection created apes”

Since: Jun 10

Religion made them human

#95945 Jan 26, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
http://www.worldcrunch.com/tec h-science/after-newtown-why-mo st-mass-murderers-are-actually -not-mentally-ill/adam-lanza-s andy-hook-killer/c4s10454/#.UQ ONMFcqDdY
After Newtown: Why Most Mass Murderers Are Actually Not Mentally Ill
[EXCERPT:} Mass murderers are not, according to statistics, mentally ill in the psychiatric sense. That is to say they are not living outside reality. Serious mental illnesses such as schizophrenia are the source of disordered behaviors. Whereas a mass shooting requires organization, preparation, being able to acquire and make proper use of a gun as well as defining a strategy to gain access to the site.(cont.)

That deserves further discussion. There's a difference between medical and legal definitions of mental incapacity and there are as many legal definitions of mental incapacity as there are States.

While mental incapacity is an affirmative defense, mental decease/disorders are not. The first lands you in the nuthouse the other in the electric chair.

“From The Desert To The Sea”

Since: Sep 09

To All Across The Lands

#95947 Jan 26, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
WAR - The World Is a Ghetto:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ptIcert_Ra8XX
Get Down
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
WAR

Religion made them human

#95948 Jan 26, 2013
Shakes the Klown wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you want to know that, you gonna throw a party in your mouth?
ROFL!

Religion made them human

#95949 Jan 26, 2013
gzeena wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you ever confuse the truth for a drunken fabrication.
Your friend Rose lied about her brother in Vietnam. Why don't you ask her yourself instead of licking her poop shoot?
She owns you skin. Pay up mofo!

Religion made them human

#95950 Jan 26, 2013
your

Religion made them human

#95951 Jan 26, 2013
Hell on Hee1s wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not feeling brave, hun.
I am brave.
And courageous.
And honest.
And thoughtful.
And decent.
All those things which are good.
All of which you are not.
Because you lie
You are Of evil.
And all the things that go with that.
Amen.
"I'm not feeling brave, hun.
I am brave.
And courageous.
And honest.
And thoughtful.
And decent."

...and nuttier than chipmunk poop.

Religion made them human

#95952 Jan 26, 2013
gzeena wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU cannot be telling lies to cover for Rose's lies. Shame on you bish.
LOL!

I gave you a "Nut". I'll give you another in 10 minutes.

“RELAX”

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#95953 Jan 26, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>You missed my link? There's scientific evidence that mass murderers aren't mentally ill in the classic sense of mental illness:
Again:
http://www.worldcrunch.com/tech-science/after...
The fact of the matter is that the kid who killed his mom and them went to the school and killed his mothers students was being treated by physicians and psychiatrists and he was taking prescription medications without proper medical supervision unless you call a mother who leaves loaded firearms unsecured in the home "Proper medical supervision".

All of the mass murderers in the news were on prescription medications with warnings about suicidal thoughts and tendencies when starting or stopping or changing the dosages. Also, the majority of the servicemen and women who have committed suicide recently have been prescribed antidepressants then allowed to go unsupervised as they continue to drink alcohol and take other drugs that is common with people suffering from PTSD and depression.

What are the drug companies hiding? Is that why the lawmakers who take millions from them are pointing a distracting finger at firearms? To get the public's attention away from the real problem? A profitable problem needs no solution. Keep prescribing the dope and pretend it's something else that is causing all these horrible acts of desperation.
Quirky

Denver, CO

#95954 Jan 26, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Keep observing your puppy. Maybe your puppy will teach you some sense too, Jaxxon.
==========
USMail XXXII wrote:

<quoted text>
My puppy has more sense than you. He even walks in circles when it's time to sh*t.
==========

He is antisipating his dinner.

Religion made them human

#95955 Jan 26, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
The US State Department dumped a bunch of Somali refugees here in the town I go buy things in. It was a culture shock for everyone involved. We didn't appreciate their men cutting in front of our wives and daughters at the checkout stands and we really didn't appreciate their women licking the fruits and vegetables in the produce sections to determine if they were ripe. Their inability to obey traffic laws was the straw that broke the camels back so we ran them pigmies out of town and told the State Department to never send anymore..
That's not all that uncommon, it still happens here to a lesser degree. The locals take offense to the refugee's apparent lack of common sense and cultural sensitivity. That's where a group of volunteer coaches come in.

22 of them were killed in a classroom in upstate NY. Many of them are ran out of their neighborhoods. Many others have literally hung themselves in this culture shock. Some of us decide make a difference.

Religion made them human

#95956 Jan 26, 2013
I'm out of here folks. It's been pleasant.

Namaste!

“RELAX”

#95957 Jan 26, 2013
Guns have always been prevalent in the USA. Why all of a sudden has there been such an upturn in mass shootings and murder suicides? It isn't hard to figure out. As the marketing of antidepressants have increased so too has the increase in these types of incidents. Not just murder suicides and suicides but people freaking out in bars and other public places forcing the police to use tasers to subdue the suspect only to see his layer use the prescription medication as a defense and courts allowing more and more diversions as a result yet the media remains silent because the companies who make and sell these products pay big bucks to advertise their dope to the masses. And when the public has had enough they divert our attention to guns.

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#95958 Jan 26, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact of the matter is that the kid who killed his mom and them went to the school and killed his mothers students was being treated by physicians and psychiatrists and he was taking prescription medications without proper medical supervision unless you call a mother who leaves loaded firearms unsecured in the home "Proper medical supervision".
All of the mass murderers in the news were on prescription medications with warnings about suicidal thoughts and tendencies when starting or stopping or changing the dosages. Also, the majority of the servicemen and women who have committed suicide recently have been prescribed antidepressants then allowed to go unsupervised as they continue to drink alcohol and take other drugs that is common with people suffering from PTSD and depression.
What are the drug companies hiding? Is that why the lawmakers who take millions from them are pointing a distracting finger at firearms? To get the public's attention away from the real problem? A profitable problem needs no solution. Keep prescribing the dope and pretend it's something else that is causing all these horrible acts of desperation.
You said it yourself - medications come with WARNINGS. Now, in the case of adults, who is supervising them and paying close attention to their mental state in the early stages of treatment? Not doctors, buddy. They write the script and then they're finished. It's on you. When my granddaughter died, my daughter went into the deepest hole you can imagine. It was dark in her world for months - literally and figuratively. So, finally my ex husband (the shrink) prescribed Zoloft, and younger sister was sent to "babysit" the results. On the first morning the day after her first dose, she got out of bed, put on some clothes and started cleaning her house.(I'm gonna' cry now, because I thought I'd lost her.) She kept going, day and night doing things that kept her busy. The middle daughter saw nothing alarming. She saw her sister re-emerging into life. In another few weeks she was back on the job, and she began one day at a time to live again. I'm going to tell you I am grateful from the bottom of my heart for that psychiatric med. She used it for almost a year, and then life began to right itself again, and she slowly cut back (according to directions) until she no longer needed it to function in the world.

We don't have doctors available to babysit adults with their meds and who will know when somebody is having an adverse reaction, is abusing the meds or not taking them consistently. It's a family issue. No family? Friends. No friends? SOL. Unfortunately, even with meds that can be life saving, it still requires the person taking them to assume responsibility.

I hadn't read that all the mass murderers in the news were on antidepressants. Do you have a link that isn't Infowars or some fringer website? Any mainstream media site will do. Thanks.

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#95959 Jan 26, 2013
USMail XXXII wrote:
I'm out of here folks. It's been pleasant.
Namaste!
Namaste, Mail! Me too.

“RELAX”

#95960 Jan 26, 2013
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not all that uncommon, it still happens here to a lesser degree. The locals take offense to the refugee's apparent lack of common sense and cultural sensitivity. That's where a group of volunteer coaches come in.
22 of them were killed in a classroom in upstate NY. Many of them are ran out of their neighborhoods. Many others have literally hung themselves in this culture shock. Some of us decide make a difference.
I felt that the case managers here were negligent. I didn't blame the Somalis. I did blame the people who were hired to assist them. They took the money and dumped these people in a town that was not ready for people who didn't even know how to use the thermostat. The first winter they were here there were numerous house fires because the Somalis build a fire in the middle of the floor in the living room to keep warm. One family even died from carbon monoxide poisoning when they used barbeque charcoal inside the house. When the case manager was questioned she said that she hired a Somali to teach Somalis. It was a crying shame. They were ran off about four years ago. I think they went to Dodge City to work for Tyson meats.

“RELAX”

#95961 Jan 26, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>You said it yourself - medications come with WARNINGS. Now, in the case of adults, who is supervising them and paying close attention to their mental state in the early stages of treatment? Not doctors, buddy. They write the script and then they're finished. It's on you. When my granddaughter died, my daughter went into the deepest hole you can imagine. It was dark in her world for months - literally and figuratively. So, finally my ex husband (the shrink) prescribed Zoloft, and younger sister was sent to "babysit" the results. On the first morning the day after her first dose, she got out of bed, put on some clothes and started cleaning her house.(I'm gonna' cry now, because I thought I'd lost her.) She kept going, day and night doing things that kept her busy. The middle daughter saw nothing alarming. She saw her sister re-emerging into life. In another few weeks she was back on the job, and she began one day at a time to live again. I'm going to tell you I am grateful from the bottom of my heart for that psychiatric med. She used it for almost a year, and then life began to right itself again, and she slowly cut back (according to directions) until she no longer needed it to function in the world.
We don't have doctors available to babysit adults with their meds and who will know when somebody is having an adverse reaction, is abusing the meds or not taking them consistently. It's a family issue. No family? Friends. No friends? SOL. Unfortunately, even with meds that can be life saving, it still requires the person taking them to assume responsibility.
I hadn't read that all the mass murderers in the news were on antidepressants. Do you have a link that isn't Infowars or some fringer website? Any mainstream media site will do. Thanks.
Mainstream media will not touch it. Drug companies advertise you know. They do not want to risk alienating their clients.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#95962 Jan 26, 2013

Social Security's disability trust fund could fail to cover all benefits early as 2016

By Jim Angle

Published January 25, 2013

FoxNews.com

As President Obama faces pressure on the left to defend federal entitlement programs from the benefit cuts that the Republicans say are necessary to keep the programs solvent decades down the road, one part of Social Security could fall short of paying out full benefits within a few years -- even while Obama is still president.

Over the long term, Social Security and Medicare have promised tens of trillions of dollars more in benefits than the nation can pay for under current policies. But Social Security's disability trust fund is in even worse shape, and current estimates say by 2016 it won't have enough money to pay full benefits.

"That's three years from now," Jim Capretta of the Ethics and Public Policy Center said.“And given the president's rhetoric and his posture, it's quite clear that he has no intention of doing anything about it."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/25/so...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Realtime 1,275,002
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min Joe Balls 196,934
News Trump: 'I have to do right thing' 56 min mjjcpa 210
News Fancypants Professor Introduces Black Lives Mat... 1 hr mjjcpa 61
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 1 hr -Stray Dog 47,768
News Palin interviews Trump -- and little happens 1 hr Responsibiility 1
News Cops: Invoking Trump, men beat, urinate on home... 1 hr Responsibiility 105
News Donald Trump: Jorge Ramos 'like a madman' 4 hr Sin Verguenza 127
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 hr red and right 193,540
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge 6 hr too lazy to log in 198
More from around the web