The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 333018 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Do you like my abs? ”

Since: May 11

San Gabriel, CA

#95220 Jan 24, 2013
Wow... you know CONservatives are grasping at straws when Fox News begins with their Beyonce-gate!!!

Beyonce-gate

http://www.colbertnation.com/full-episodes/we...

“Do you like my abs? ”

San Gabriel, CA

#95221 Jan 24, 2013
Montpelier School District In Ohio Begins Plans To Arm Janitors, Pay For Their Training

TOLEDO, Ohio — A rural school district in Ohio is drawing attention with its plans to arm a handful of its non-teaching employees with handguns this year – perhaps even janitors.

Four employees in the Montpelier schools have agreed to take a weapons training course and carry their own guns inside the district's one building, which houses 1,000 students in kindergarten through 12th grade, school officials said.

"It's kind of a sign of the times," Superintendent Jamie Grime said Friday.

read more @ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/11/mont...
whatthehey

Austin, TX

#95222 Jan 24, 2013
The Infamous Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
The 3 of you tend to share a similar typing style, you all share a similar conservative ideology also so it's those reasons why I "believe" you all may be the same. However... I don't really make a big deal about it nor do I really care. Do yourself a favor... don't allow people to know that particular things bother you or they will dwell on those areas.
Anyways... Harry Reid is not one of my prized politicians but liberal or not, his change in position shows that he's capable of compromising with Mitch McConnel & Republicans and for that... I see this year being a year where the two parties put an end to the filibustering of bills and get this nation back on track.
So how about, how many YOU share a style OR ideology with? It does NOT bother me at all BUT thank you! I do mean that! Each person has their own life as portrayed in posts...THAT makes a huge difference! READ them, really read them!

Last statement...I sure hope so! Otherwise, we are in deep trouble in many, many ways and are very weak because of debt! We are a very beholden country with debt owed just like many American families! What happened to them because of THEIR debt?
Pok Guy

Plymouth, MN

#95223 Jan 24, 2013
Hell on Hee1s wrote:
<quoted text>
When I'm ready
I don't DO commands
Oh, but you do "do commands" and you love doing them. Did you serve in the military? Or are you hiding your cowardice behind your shrill and thin call of patriotism, deliberate love of guns and insistance that you don't follow orders?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Estefenu NY

#95224 Jan 24, 2013
La Santa Muerte wrote:
It was pretty interesting watching Hillary Clinton, a well coached, professional liar in action this afternoon.
Today's Pinocchio impersonation was much more polished than when she recalled facing “sniper fire” on her trip to Bosnia in '96.
Layer by layer LOL.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Estefenu NY

#95225 Jan 24, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
I played football until the coach figured out I liked being tackled.
:p
LOL, Did you practice a lot? Did you know about "liking" this "tackle" thing before you enlisted?
You did, didn't you Jaxxon?
The internet is interesting.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#95226 Jan 24, 2013
whatthehey wrote:
<quoted text>Going against the president and some issues concerning gun control! Seems some other dems. feel the same as they MIGHT get voted out next term! Interesting is it not?
Should have known it wasn't genuine adversity. Oh well...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Estefenu NY

#95227 Jan 24, 2013
The Infamous Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
I know who you are too and there are many who use the name Rico.... we are anonymous.
My firm knows this. Could it be yours too?

“Do you like my abs? ”

San Gabriel, CA

#95228 Jan 24, 2013
whatthehey wrote:
<quoted text>Going against the president and some issues concerning gun control! Seems some other dems. feel the same as they MIGHT get voted out next term! Interesting is it not?
The Democrats in question are being blackmailed, threatened [or whatever you want to call it] by the NRA & some loony members. The districts in question are soon to be up for reelection and the NRA has threatened to to make pro-gun campaigns in those districts including threats. All that conservatives have left is to threaten & instill fear to get what they want.

That's all it is.

NRA Fueled Loonies Are Now Threatening Democratic Members of Congress
http://www.politicususa.com/nra-fueled-loonie...

Do I oppose this? No. This place wold not be America if gun control was easily passed so I'm cool with the opposition.

Location hidden

#95229 Jan 24, 2013
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a high school dropout? It's plagiarism. You can only get away with that shit in Topix.
No I am not. Are you???????

Plagiarism is the "wrongful appropriation" and "purloining and publication" of another author's "language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions," and the representation of them as one's own original work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plagiarism
----------

I indicated each person who made the statement. As a result, I DID NOT represent them as my "own original work".

Location hidden

#95230 Jan 24, 2013
The Infamous Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like an owl now with your "who who who who who who who who who"
Just requesting a response to your statement.

The Infamous Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
I know who you are too and there are many who use the name Rico.... we are anonymous.

Still waiting.

Location hidden

#95231 Jan 24, 2013
The Infamous Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
It's easy for people like Greg Gutfeld & you to be "pro-life" because a fetus has no need for tax dollars or charity in order to survive. Once a child is born and needs food or education, it suddenly changes from a "precious gift from God" to a "lazy welfare parasite that needs to get a job".
People have used birth control methods for thousands of years. Today, we have many safe and effective birth control methods available to us.

All of us who need birth control want to find the method that is best for us. And each of us has different needs when choosing a method. If you are trying to choose, learning about each method may help you make your decision. Use the list of birth control methods above to read about the methods.

Only you can decide what is best for you. And we are here to help. A staff member at your local Planned Parenthood health center can discuss all of your birth control options with you and help you get the birth control you need.

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topic...

Location hidden

#95232 Jan 24, 2013
The Infamous Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
You think that a 3 yr age difference is an age disparity? My wife is 2.5 yrs older than me. According to you... we're conflicting with your deranged morals & values.
Quite interesting!

The maturity level at 15 and 12 is usually vastly different. Doesn't compare to 30 and 27.

“Peace”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#95233 Jan 24, 2013
Pok Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
So who then benefits? Those that do the hiring. It's to their advantage to hire the cheapest form of labor that still have the requisite skill set. So who then is the problem? The illegals who take the job for a paycheck they can't get in their own country or those that do the hiring because they can easily exploit the workers' illegality in the form of low wages (and concomitant increased profit)? If the latter, it's not going to stop because it's all about money.
Here you forgot another that is at fault as well. Our Government that takes the ss money and taxes from the illegal worker and they both know that money will never be repaid.

“Peace”

Location hidden

#95234 Jan 24, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
People have used birth control methods for thousands of years. Today, we have many safe and effective birth control methods available to us.
All of us who need birth control want to find the method that is best for us. And each of us has different needs when choosing a method. If you are trying to choose, learning about each method may help you make your decision. Use the list of birth control methods above to read about the methods.
Only you can decide what is best for you. And we are here to help. A staff member at your local Planned Parenthood health center can discuss all of your birth control options with you and help you get the birth control you need.
http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topic...
Each of those birth control options have a percentage rate of failures. Those failures can add up when one looks at the numbers of people that use them. My daughter that has raised her family and was on the pill became pregnent again at 41 yrs of age. This is a high risk pregnacy but like me my daughter would never think of abortion. The baby so far is doing great. She told me that in every ultrasound that's taken the little one is waving at them. Oh yes my daughter is married to a wonderful husband and father. So although this was not planned she won't be having to raise the child alone. That would be a daunting problem.

“Peace”

Location hidden

#95235 Jan 24, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
The maturity level at 15 and 12 is usually vastly different. Doesn't compare to 30 and 27.
If the 15yr old is a boy and the 12yr old a girl then the maturity level is about the same.

Location hidden

#95236 Jan 24, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>Each of those birth control options have a percentage rate of failures. Those failures can add up when one looks at the numbers of people that use them. My daughter that has raised her family and was on the pill became pregnent again at 41 yrs of age. This is a high risk pregnacy but like me my daughter would never think of abortion. The baby so far is doing great. She told me that in every ultrasound that's taken the little one is waving at them. Oh yes my daughter is married to a wonderful husband and father. So although this was not planned she won't be having to raise the child alone. That would be a daunting problem.
I totally understand there is a "percentage rate of failure" with any birth control. My point is if people used birth control, the percentage of abortions could be reduced substantially.

I wish your daughter and her husband the very best and hope the pregnancy goes smoothly for her.

Location hidden

#95237 Jan 24, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>If the 15yr old is a boy and the 12yr old a girl then the maturity level is about the same.
The emotional maturity may be closer, but that actually varies with each individual. I do not think the physical maturity is the same.

If I had a 12 year old daughter, I would not want her "seeing" a 15 year old boy. At 12 years old, a girl or boy is not emotionally or physically mature enough for that type of relationship.

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#95238 Jan 24, 2013
Pok Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
What planet are you from? What teenager or college student wants to pick lettuce? And if a person needed extra money, do you actually believe they'd make any picking lettuce or doing your laundry? And specific skills are needed in construction.
As for folks who would do "any job to have some cash," these same jobs are out there and waiting for them. Employers would rather hire under or unemployed US citizens, but they don't apply for them because the jobs don't pay enough to make it worth while.
The primary reason we have illegals in our country (supply) is because there is a demand from them.
Again, you return to the "lettuce picker" and "housekeeper" description for illegals. You need to get out of the house more and start asking questions. Construction? Specific skills? I replied to you about that last night.

If an illegal worker will take $9.00/hr. off the books (Workers' compensation insurance costs are a BIG chunk of a job estimate), why pay an American worker $17-18/hr.? So, no, you are mistaken. They WOULDN'T rather hire an American or else they'd pay. Employers drove Americans out by dropping the wage. An illegal worker will frequently live in conditions that are far below American standards, because that $9.00/hr. translates into $27.00/hr when it crosses the border into Latin America. Wouldn't a lot of Americans work at McDonald's for $27.00/hr.? Sure they would.

However we get this problem solved, I just don't think anybody should delude themselves about how unfair illegal competition is to American labor or criticize Americans for not wanting to work for slave wages. At least, I hope to h*ll you don't buy into the myths about "lettuce pickers". Frankly, most of those folks are LEGAL temporary guest workers, and farmers have access to that program if they need labor. They just don't want to provide for their workers according to the rules of the TGW program. No. They prefer to screw human beings over by housing them in a barn or a shed in unsanitary conditions that would appall most Americans but not true for the impoverished disenfranchised indigenous peoples of Latin America who can still watch their money sent home multiply exponentially enough to feed their family members. On the other hand, if they paid a mortgage, car payment, auto insurance, healthcare coverage, license fees, etc. here as Americans are required to do, they'd probably just go home and forget about it. They couldn't do it on those wages.

Most of us don't blame human beings seeking a better life. But, neither do we pretend they are more than they are. Skilled workers ARE finding opportunities emerging in their homelands. It's slave labor low wage workers that employers are seeking, and government is providing it by closing their eyes, holding their noses, and not giving a ratz' azz about the increasing burden on society and taxpayers - all for the pleasure of business owners and the elite (top 10%) who benefit. Government of the Plutocrats, by the Plutocrats and for the Plutocrats.

Nevertheless, the practice of lowering wages doesn't stop at the bottom of the income sector. The VISA fraud program is providing us lots of technologically capable people who'll work for less as well and eventually will create a glut of workforce higher up the food chain and lower the salary for those jobs as well. Already, deeply in debt, American college graduates, strapped with student loan debt, will take whatever they can get upon graduation in order to try and avoid default on student loans - a debt that never ever goes away and cannot be forgiven even by bankruptcy. So, we increase tuition costs and make it easier for foreign graduates to out compete our own. Bad stuff.

Rico the Sexual Deviant

Rowland Heights, CA

#95239 Jan 24, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
This is an issue that the parents should determine by themselves, not society. I found it very difficult when my wife told me that when our daughter turned 16 that she can date boys around her age.

The consideration of maturity level was irrelevant to me because I was always a few steps away from them when he was over my home.

Amazingly they've stood together up to today and I even got to know her boyfriends parents to the point that we all hang out at times.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bush said to meet with car chiefs (Apr '06) 2 min USawarringIdiotSo... 15
News Hispanic leaders tepid to GOP reaction to Trump 7 min 2all 27
Loosing Innocent Lives In An Airstrike: Do the ... 7 min USawarringIdiotSo... 553
News Jeb Bush, June 27, 2015 in Henderson, Nevada. 13 min USawarringIdiotSo... 3
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 19 min USawarringIdiotSo... 9,388
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 24 min OzRitz 53,991
News Cepeda: Failure to communicate on immigration 26 min tomin cali 1
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 36 min Subduction Zone 168,932
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 53 min shinningelectr0n 1,251,797
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Mrkoco 192,305
News Hispanic leaders want GOP field to condemn Trum... 1 hr Urineidiot 67
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr woodtick57 186,392
More from around the web