The President has failed us

Full story: Times News

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.
Comments
80,621 - 80,640 of 245,872 Comments Last updated 56 min ago

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
I've wondered the same thing lately reading about some of the shootings.
Are these people born with something just basically wrong with them, or does something happen in the course of their lives that damages them to the point that they can do these things?
The one common denominator in the majority of these shootings are violent video games. It's too obvious to ignore.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

-Dont Panic- wrote:
We should require every woman to identify the biological father of her child at birth and require a DNA test to prove it before the woman can take the baby home. That way when the woman comes running to the taxpayer for help, the taxpayer has a man to go after for payment.
Any woman who refuses or is unable to identify the biological father should be forced to undergo a tubal ligation and any man who refuses to provide financial support to his biological children should be chemically castrated.
There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for the taxpayer to be forced to pay for the irresponsible acts of two horny adults.
I'll just assume that you already know where and why I have a problem with what you've said here and leave it at that.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

-Dont Panic- wrote:
We should require every woman to identify the biological father of her child at birth and require a DNA test to prove it before the woman can take the baby home. That way when the woman comes running to the taxpayer for help, the taxpayer has a man to go after for payment.
Any woman who refuses or is unable to identify the biological father should be forced to undergo a tubal ligation and any man who refuses to provide financial support to his biological children should be chemically castrated.
There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for the taxpayer to be forced to pay for the irresponsible acts of two horny adults.
Agree!!!!
Pok Guy

Plymouth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>WA, why do you make illegals sound like angels? LOL Some work, some use, some abuse. They are neither better nor worse than other human beings, but they ARE competition to American workers and legal immigrants in some sectors of the economy -and that's clearly bad for your fellow American citizens.
Horsefeathers. Illegal immigrants take all the crappy jobs that US citizens don't want because the jobs just doesn't pay enough for the US citizen, like lettuce pickers and hotel-room cleaners.

While some are roofers, dry wall, painters, carpenters, etc., remember we could vastly decrease the number of illegals (supply) if those who hire them (demand) weren't more concerned about their profit.

“Life is short. Enjoy the ride”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
The one common denominator in the majority of these shootings are violent video games. It's too obvious to ignore.
They do desensitize. They play games and participate with virtual violent assaults, finish off their opponents and then restart and play again. Nothing is real. Nothing is permanent. Everything is a do-over. You may very well have touched on an important component on the psyche that develops.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Pok Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Horsefeathers. Illegal immigrants take all the crappy jobs that US citizens don't want because the jobs just doesn't pay enough for the US citizen, like lettuce pickers and hotel-room cleaners.
While some are roofers, dry wall, painters, carpenters, etc., remember we could vastly decrease the number of illegals (supply) if those who hire them (demand) weren't more concerned about their profit.
Well, that was cool. You immediately contradicted yourself. Of course, I wholeheartedly agree that the entire problem is all about profit and greed.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
P--l said the same thing to me just a couple of days ago when we were talking about this and my question was which came first the psychosis or the game.

No question some of these graphic shooting games could desensitize an already troubled mind, but wouldn't there already have to be something wrong for it to have that kind of effect?

I'm afraid right now we have more questions than answers because most of us can't understand the mindset that allows a person to do these things to other human beings.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Pok Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You impress me about 95% of the time with your very sharp posts. But, I'm going to point out to you that only about 3% of those who are present illegally are engaged in agriculture related jobs. That's an awful lot of folks who are NOT picking lettuce. And, a look at the stats of who cleans hotel rooms (go to CIS for the research) shows a higher percentage of legal workers than illegal workers still working in that category. That said, their incomes from that work have probably fallen with the entry of more illegal workers.
Pok Guy

Plymouth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
I've wondered the same thing lately reading about some of the shootings.
Are these people born with something just basically wrong with them, or does something happen in the course of their lives that damages them to the point that they can do these things?
As all gun nuts clearly understand, it doesn't take much courage to pull a trigger.
Pok Guy

Plymouth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Republican Honey wrote:
The NAS study indicated that the wages of the poorest 10 percent of American workers were reduced by 5 percent as a result of immigrant-induced increases in the supply of labor.
More recent analysis indicates that the fiscal costs of immigration remain large. Census Bureau data indicate that one-third of those without health insurance in the United States are either immigrants (legal or illegal) or U.S.-born children (under 18) of immigrants. One-fourth of children living in poverty in the United States have immigrant fathers. In 2008, 53 percent of immigrant households with children used at least one major welfare program, primarily food assistance and Medicaid. 9 These fiscal costs are incurred despite immigrantís high rates of labor force participation. Their high welfare use rates and the resulting fiscal drain they create stem from the fact that a large share have relatively little education. About one-third of immigrants who arrive as adults have not graduated from high school. The modern American economy offers limited opportunities to such workers. This fact, coupled with a welfare state designed to help low income workers with children, is the reason for the above statistics.
http://www.cis.org/node/2294
None of this would be a problem if those who did the hiring paid their employees--legal or illegals--a decent wage. But that would negatively effect their bottom line.

And if they paid a decent wage, then maybe more US citizens would want to pick lettuce or clean hotel rooms, but again, that would negatively effect their bottom line.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
P--l said the same thing to me just a couple of days ago when we were talking about this and my question was which came first the psychosis or the game.
No question some of these graphic shooting games could desensitize an already troubled mind, but wouldn't there already have to be something wrong for it to have that kind of effect?
I'm afraid right now we have more questions than answers because most of us can't understand the mindset that allows a person to do these things to other human beings.
Well, that's the difficult part of it all. The video game aspect can be viewed along the same lines as the "gun" aspect. It's obvious that certain guns are being used for these types of killings, as it is obvious, that video games are a variable somewhere in the equation. That being said, there are millions of individuals who play violent video games and own assault weapons that have never hurt anyone and are unlikely to do so.

It's really just an unnervingly complex issue. Very sad.

Since: Feb 09

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Pok Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Check the GAO website, sport. Depending on the link you pick, between 67-74% of illegals are employed. The rest live on the proceeds of the ones they live with, some contrived gummint support, crime or a combination. All they're doing is biding their time until anchor babies are an irrefutable fact.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll just assume that you already know where and why I have a problem with what you've said here and leave it at that.
No. I don't know where or why you would have a problem with that. I'm not talking about rape here. Just irresponsible adults who bring children into this world and refuse to care for them. Not just refuse to care for them but DEMAND that society does it for them.

NO PROBLEM! Take the children and sell them to a responsible gay couple and cut off the nuts of all the Johnny Appleseeds out there and tie the tubes of all the Suzy Rottoncrothches. We would win the war on poverty once and for all.
Pok Guy

Plymouth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>You impress me about 95% of the time with your very sharp posts. But, I'm going to point out to you that only about 3% of those who are present illegally are engaged in agriculture related jobs. That's an awful lot of folks who are NOT picking lettuce. And, a look at the stats of who cleans hotel rooms (go to CIS for the research) shows a higher percentage of legal workers than illegal workers still working in that category. That said, their incomes from that work have probably fallen with the entry of more illegal workers.
So who then benefits? Those that do the hiring. It's to their advantage to hire the cheapest form of labor that still have the requisite skill set. So who then is the problem? The illegals who take the job for a paycheck they can't get in their own country or those that do the hiring because they can easily exploit the workers' illegality in the form of low wages (and concomitant increased profit)? If the latter, it's not going to stop because it's all about money.

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Or was that "UNemployed" ?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>They do desensitize. They play games and participate with virtual violent assaults, finish off their opponents and then restart and play again. Nothing is real. Nothing is permanent. Everything is a do-over. You may very well have touched on an important component on the psyche that develops.
I'm pretty sure it's fairly accepted by most professionals on this issue as a variable in the equation if not yet fully recognized a contributing factor.

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Pok Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
As all gun nuts clearly understand, it doesn't take much courage to pull a trigger.
Congrats, depending on your definition of "gun nut", you may have won the "Stoopidest Post of the Week" award.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Pok Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
So who then benefits? Those that do the hiring. It's to their advantage to hire the cheapest form of labor that still have the requisite skill set. So who then is the problem? The illegals who take the job for a paycheck they can't get in their own country or those that do the hiring because they can easily exploit the workers' illegality in the form of low wages (and concomitant increased profit)? If the latter, it's not going to stop because it's all about money.
I don't disagree with you at all about this. Business interests are the enemy - always have been. People don't come here and overstay a visa or breech a border unless there's money in it for them to do so. Government assisting business interests is the biggest problem. Frankly, it's not even skill set that's the issue. Employers seeking ever bigger profits will hire anybody who can push hod or swing a hammer and then point to what they want done. This doesn't mean they've hired somebody with comparable skills to the Americans and legal immigrants they dumped. It just means they make a greater profit. Some eighteen year old guy sure as h*ll does not know as much or have the experience of a 40 year old carpenter who only practiced that trade all of his adult life.

Phillip Romero, a well respected economist under Pete Wilson's Administration studied the impact on California, but also had some historical facts that we should also keep in the backs of our minds as we deal with immigration. To summarize, he points out that unfettered and ongoing ILLEGAL immigration into a country (pick your country) over time always results in a failed state. So, while we're certainly a long way from illegal immigration putting us in that position, our policies today are essential in ensuring that we stop that from taking place a decade from now. That said, Romero is a proponent of even more legal immigration.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree. They desensitizes young minds.

Since: Nov 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>I was speaking the truth oaky about dead beat dads. They get away without paying child support and like I also said it's very hard to get them in prison for lack of child support.
Incarcerating a non-custodial parent because of their inability to pay their child support is debtors prison. However, people do end up going to jail over this issue when they hide their earnings.

If we were to toss people in jail for not paying their bills... the USA would come to a complete halt.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••