The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 404293 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Since: Jun 10

Sunnyvale, CA

#95248 Jan 24, 2013
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
Off Topic.. F & R
Sure thing, Quirky. Report this.

Sunnyvale, CA

#95249 Jan 24, 2013
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
This coming from one of Topix biggest Laughing stalks.
LMAO! No one is laughed at more than you, Quirky. You're such a wussy little troll hiding behind your fake names.

Sunnyvale, CA

#95250 Jan 24, 2013
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
"Laughing stalks"? LOL!
Nice job, Q-cumber!
LOL! He's a celery stalk.

Sunnyvale, CA

#95251 Jan 24, 2013
Hell on Hee1s wrote:
<quoted text>
She goes around stalking
And peeps laugh at her ...
Laughing stalks =)
Kind of like you
LOL! I don't stalk anyone, you loony broad.

It's YOU who's the laughing STOCK with your multiple personalities and stupidity.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#95252 Jan 24, 2013
Rico the Sexual Deviant wrote:
<quoted text>
This is an issue that the parents should determine by themselves, not society. I found it very difficult when my wife told me that when our daughter turned 16 that she can date boys around her age.
The consideration of maturity level was irrelevant to me because I was always a few steps away from them when he was over my home.
Amazingly they've stood together up to today and I even got to know her boyfriends parents to the point that we all hang out at times.
I agree but I cannot really think of any situation where a parent would want a 12 year old child "seeing" a 15 year old. In my opinion, it doesn't matter how mature the 12 year old is.

Sunnyvale, CA

#95253 Jan 24, 2013
Hell on Hee1s wrote:
<quoted text>
I could "out spell" you
with "you" using a Dictionary =)
I highly doubt that. You don't even know how to use punctuation properly.

By the way, dictionary is not capitalized unless you're referring to a specific dictionary.
higgans

Avon, IN

#95254 Jan 24, 2013
whatthehey wrote:
<quoted text>Jax, I will address this post because of one point! I am not "higgans" nor "American Lady"! Sorry to inform YOU again, but I am just "whatthehey"!
"higgans" just poured HIS heart out yesterday...
... admired.
"higgans"...IF you read...I had to toot your horn! Keep on- "keepin" on!
I did not think of my post as pouring my heart out. just relating a first hand account of want many on here post like that know something about... not having a father, cultural influences, growing up poor BEFORE the welfare state took hold, overcoming adversity, etc...
most think posters like me, with my anti-welfare/Big Govt POV, must have lead a charmed, whitebread life.
first comes the hater/racist label...
next comes the charges of lying...
then the multi-posting IDs.
some of us conduct ourselves here as we do in our non-Topix lives: with truth, honest opinions and real life experiences, AND single posting ID's.
like historical facts, our POV needs NO massaging or slieght-of-hand.
people reading these posts see who dodges and dives,'goes personal', displays immature tactics and names, etc...
what folks like NTR, Xman, etc. fail to acknowledge is that, like there are different routes to get from here to NYC, there ARE diff ways to care, show caring and compassion, diff cultures with diff influences, diff sets of morals with diff outcomes, etc...
they also completely ignore that NO solution is perfect nor do they give very mush credence to the influence of age-old Human Nature.
just got done watching Judge Mathias... a very good mirror for observing the 'other' cultures at play in our Country. man w/gf is suing ex-gf. man says he is a 'playboy'. Judge M questions reminds him that playboys spend THEIR money on their women whereas a 'player' uses women for THEIR gain. man corrects himself, with pride, a smile and agreement from his gf, that he IS a player.'Yes sir! I USE women.'
he then admits two things common to this sub-culture that other cultures 'run into' all too often: his driver's lic is 'messed up' and HE DRIVES. several more commonalities then quickly emerge: he knows what he does is illegal (he sent to jail for it while driving one of the gf's car), blames the gf's for his bad luck, decides to buy his own with his tax refund BUT needs the gf(ex?) to put ins on it in her name (also probably title it?) because he knows he can't do so without a proper lic. need I go on?
this proves that people in this culture know legal from illegal and MAKES CHOICES. the women in these situations KNOW 'the drill' and go along with it... TOO OFTEN.
are women stupider in general? or just certain women? or is that profiling?
that this man happily admitted his behaviour ON NAT'L TV proves that such behaviour is PREFERRED (being a player instead of a playboy) and perfectly acceptable... in certain cultures. profiling, again?
welfare paid for childcare fraud, tax refund fraud, subsidised housing fraud... all of these and more are the NORM for being the basis of too many of these lawsuits. people doing illegal things, being cheated out of their cut and then going on national tv shows to collect!
too many for such frauds to be rare or 'not that uncommon'. they are accepted modes of behaviour in the Entitlement Class (NON-race specific). like fathers with multiple baby-mommas and mothers with children by different dads... ALL (or MOST) ON OUR DIME.
TO THE TUNE OF ONE TRILLION DOLLARS PER ANNUM IN NATIONAL DEBT. MONIES WE DON'T HAVE... WILL PROBABLY NEVER HAVE.
there HAS to be a better way... for fiscal reasons and societal reasons and for the sake of future generations AND THE FUTURE OF OUR COUNTRY.
higgans

Avon, IN

#95255 Jan 24, 2013
whatthehey wrote:
<quoted text>Jax, I will address this post because of one point! I am not "higgans" nor "American Lady"! Sorry to inform YOU again, but I am just "whatthehey"!
"higgans" just poured HIS heart out yesterday about his family life. It broke my heart as I was very blessed with a mother and father who were amazing. My father passed shy of their 50th year of marriage. My mother is still living-shy of being 92 years young! Still very healthy, NO medications-unlike most her age! An aspirin a day, that is it. AMAZING!
NOW, for that point. "higgans" from his post, has NEVER used all that as an excuse! Instead, it was a lesson applied as he seems to be a very caring husband, father and grandfather etc. etc...HUMAN being! I appreciate that stance out of anyone! It is from a person to be admired.
"higgans"...IF you read...I had to toot your horn! Keep on- "keepin" on!
sorry, what, but ran out of characters (again)...
you, too, keep on keepin' on...:)
Rico the Sexual Deviant

Los Angeles, CA

#95256 Jan 24, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree but I cannot really think of any situation where a parent would want a 12 year old child "seeing" a 15 year old. In my opinion, it doesn't matter how mature the 12 year old is.
Well, lets be happy that we live in a Nation where we as the parents have the liberty still to make those individual choices regarding our children.

Sunnyvale, CA

#95257 Jan 24, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Posit, do you even know what a joke is or have you sunk so low you'll look for any opportunity to attack?
We've discussed my military service, what I knew and when I knew it and the fact that I did not come to terms with my orientation until after my service.
Bottom line, I served this country and (just like my husband) I received an Honorable Discharge for that service.
There are many gay and lesbian Americans who have served and are currently serving with honor.
Many have given their lives to secure the freedoms you abuse everyday of your wretched life and to have some low life piece of crap like you question the nature of that service is both insulting and laughable.
You should be ashamed of yourself.
Amen, Jax and bravo for you standing up to that POS.

Location hidden

#95258 Jan 24, 2013
<quoted text>
And I can respect your choice to not allow your daughter to not date a boy 3 yrs older. But if I choose to allow a 3 yr age gap, shouldn't you respect my choice as well?
You see... I'm cool with reserving that right to the parents.
I don't believe my response indicated I was forcing my "opinion" on anyone. "If I had a 12 year old daughter, I would not want her "seeing" a 15 year old boy. At 12 years old, a girl or boy is not emotionally or physically mature enough for that type of relationship."

This was my own personal opinion and was specific to a 12 year old and 15 year old, not a 3 year age difference in general.

Location hidden

#95259 Jan 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Well, lets be happy that we live in a Nation where we as the parents have the liberty still to make those individual choices regarding our children.
I am again giving MY opinion. "In my opinion, it doesn't matter how mature the 12 year old is."

Are you indicating you believe it is appropriate for a 12 year old to date?
Rico the Sexual Deviant

Los Angeles, CA

#95260 Jan 24, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
I highly doubt that. You don't even know how to use punctuation properly.
By the way, dictionary is not capitalized unless you're referring to a specific dictionary.
Her inability to determine what's a proper noun is her main problem here. The word dictionary is a "common noun" therefore no need to capitalize it.

Unfortunately, she would never know that by using a dictionary.

hehehheeheh!!!!

Location hidden

#95261 Jan 24, 2013
As a candidate in 2008, Obama blamed the reversals largely on the policies of Bush and other Republicans. He cited census figures showing that median income for working-age households -- those headed by someone younger than 65 -- had dropped more than $2,000 after inflation during the first seven years of Bush's time in office.

Yet real median household income in March was down $4,300 since Obama took office in January 2009 and down $2,900 since the June 2009 start of the economic recovery, according to an analysis of census data by Sentier Research, an economic- consulting firm in Annapolis, Maryland.

It should be pointed out that raising taxes on the 1% will not close the income gap nor will such a tax increase affect middle class wages. Any revenue from a tax increase will simply go into government coffers, to be used as government uses the rest of its tax revenue.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/05/m...

Sunnyvale, CA

#95262 Jan 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Her inability to determine what's a proper noun is her main problem here. The word dictionary is a "common noun" therefore no need to capitalize it.
Unfortunately, she would never know that by using a dictionary.
hehehheeheh!!!!
Bingo! Elementary school grammar.

Hmmmm, is that why they call it "grammar school?"

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#95263 Jan 24, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not think of my post as pouring my heart out. just relating a first hand account of want many on here post like that know something about. <snip>........what folks like NTR, Xman, etc. fail to acknowledge is that, like there are different routes to get from here to NYC, there ARE diff ways to care, show caring and compassion, diff cultures with diff influences, diff sets of morals with diff outcomes, etc...
they also completely ignore that NO solution is perfect nor do they give very mush credence to the influence of age-old Human Nature.
Sorry, but I needed space for a reply to the part where you direct your post toward me.

What YOU fail to recognize is that you live in a social welfare state with a safety net in place to prevent Americans from "falling through the cracks" and being hungry and worse. We looked at the "different ways" and came up with programs to prevent misery that weren't based on whim or subject to discrimination by some private agency's potential to abuse WHO they will assist. Americans agreed to be taxed to provide those programs. We pay taxes to see that the safety net does the job we decided we wanted it to do and agreed to pay to see that it does.

Social welfare spending is only half of corporate welfare spending, and that is only a fraction of defense spending. So, lets get rid of corporate welfare and cut the Defense budget which is already at 6X the amount spent for defense by our closest "rival" - China. Rather than starve any children, disabled or old folks, or stomp on the bodies of the unemployed who have not been able to find work though willing and trying (some for years trying so hard - even as they lost all), let's look at government spending on the other side of the coin.

How about we do what we've done historically that has helped pay down debt rapidly? Let's tax the wealthiest at a high rate and pay down debt. You don't like that idea, I suppose? Anyhow, it works.

Before we hurt individual Americans, how about we focus on fraud in all our programs (The Administration has been doing that and uncovering it). How about we eliminate the cushy deal our Congress gets that has them far removed from the impact of their decisions on working class Americans. Let's take away their cadillac health care and let them have the same benefits afforded the middle class workers of America. Let's tie THEIR raises into the same chained CPI index they want to shift Social Security inflation increases to? How about that?

How about they don't earn secure and excellent pensions after only ONE term in office? How about restricting that to TWO terms in office - which says voters approve the job you've done? If you didn't do it? Oh, well. Go earn a pension in the private sector - IF you can get a position with a company that still affords pensions.

Location hidden

#95264 Jan 24, 2013
Three Americans were among the more than three dozen foreign workers killed after a four-day hostage crisis at a BP joint-venture gas facility in Algeria. The terrorist attack is yet another sign of growing al Qaeda cells in north and west Africa, specifically al Qaeda in the Maghreb (AQIM). A Pentagon spokesman said this affiliate of the notorious terrorist group was involved in the Algeria attack. AQIM and other radical Islamist groups pose an increasing threat to U.S. and Western interests.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/around-the-world-...
Pok Guy

Plymouth, MN

#95265 Jan 24, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Again, you return to the "lettuce picker" and "housekeeper" description for illegals. You need to get out of the house more and start asking questions. Construction? Specific skills? I replied to you about that last night.
If an illegal worker will take $9.00/hr. off the books (Workers' compensation insurance costs are a BIG chunk of a job estimate), why pay an American worker $17-18/hr.? So, no, you are mistaken. They WOULDN'T rather hire an American or else they'd pay. Employers drove Americans out by dropping the wage. An illegal worker will frequently live in conditions that are far below American standards, because that $9.00/hr. translates into $27.00/hr when it crosses the border into Latin America. Wouldn't a lot of Americans work at McDonald's for $27.00/hr.? Sure they would.
However we get this problem solved, I just don't think anybody should delude themselves about how unfair illegal competition is to American labor or criticize Americans for not wanting to work for slave wages. At least, I hope to h*ll you don't buy into the myths about "lettuce pickers". Frankly, most of those folks are LEGAL temporary guest workers, and farmers have access to that program if they need labor. They just don't want to provide for their workers according to the rules of the TGW program. No. They prefer to screw human beings over by housing them in a barn or a shed in unsanitary conditions that would appall most Americans but not true for the impoverished disenfranchised indigenous peoples of Latin America who can still watch their money sent home multiply exponentially enough to feed their family members. On the other hand, if they paid a mortgage, car payment, auto insurance, healthcare coverage, license fees, etc. here as Americans are required to do, they'd probably just go home and forget about it. They couldn't do it on those wages.
Most of us don't blame human beings seeking a better life. But, neither do we pretend they are more than they are. Skilled workers ARE finding opportunities emerging in their homelands. It's slave labor low wage workers that employers are seeking, and government is providing it by closing their eyes, holding their noses, and not giving a ratz' azz about the increasing burden on society and taxpayers - all for the pleasure of business owners and the elite (top 10%) who benefit. Government of the Plutocrats, by the Plutocrats and for the Plutocrats.
Nevertheless, the practice of lowering wages doesn't stop at the bottom of the income sector. The VISA fraud program is providing us lots of technologically capable people who'll work for less as well and eventually will create a glut of workforce higher up the food chain and lower the salary for those jobs as well. Already, deeply in debt, American college graduates, strapped with student loan debt, will take whatever they can get upon graduation in order to try and avoid default on student loans - a debt that never ever goes away and cannot be forgiven even by bankruptcy. So, we increase tuition costs and make it easier for foreign graduates to out compete our own. Bad stuff.
Yes they would rather hire a US citizen because hiring an illegal is illegal and the punishment is a steep fine, steep enough to discourage hiring illegals. But there's two problems: the law isn't well enforced and despite the potential fine, the price differential remains a very tempting incentive to hire the illegal.

And both of these problems can be attributed to employers. They don't want the law enforced and they don't want the fines/punishment increased. You know, it'll hurt "business."
jackson

Lexington, KY

#95266 Jan 24, 2013
The Infamous Rico wrote:
A tea partier and a taliban member ran into each other and dropped their most prized possessions. Out of the possessions below... which ones belong to the tea partier or the taliban?
1, religious book
2. AK-47
3. Hate signs about the US President
4. Oppressive beliefs about women
5. Desire to ruin the USA as we know it
But a Tea Partier will swear that they're nothing like a terrorist.
A fact I'm sure you don't care about.
La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you realize that innumerable 'Tea Partiers' have served our country in the military, risking life and limb so you have the freedom to be an unmitigated jerk on a public forum?
A fact I'm sure you don't care about.
Rico has been an unfortunate representative of the left on many of these boards now. I have found it best to ignore him because he has nothing to contribute of value. I don't even glance at his posts -- they're just hateful and nasty and deserve no attention.
Pok Guy

Plymouth, MN

#95267 Jan 24, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
Three Americans were among the more than three dozen foreign workers killed after a four-day hostage crisis at a BP joint-venture gas facility in Algeria. The terrorist attack is yet another sign of growing al Qaeda cells in north and west Africa, specifically al Qaeda in the Maghreb (AQIM). A Pentagon spokesman said this affiliate of the notorious terrorist group was involved in the Algeria attack. AQIM and other radical Islamist groups pose an increasing threat to U.S. and Western interests.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/around-the-world-...
I don't support terrorist groups, but note that Americans and other foreigners were in Algeria at a natural gas facility. Al Qaeda and other such groups have made it clear that part of what drives them is that they are retaliating against a history of foreign nations exploiting their countries for their natural resources (oil, gas, coal, forestry) and to turn their countries into vassals for the oppressor's benefit.

Such terrorists have an almost equal disdain for their own countrymen who have failed and currently fail to stand up to foreign country oppressors, or who fail to see the foreign country's meddling as a form of oppression.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who says Mormons aren't Christians? (Oct '11) 3 min Lipstick3036 32,073
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min IND 253,485
News Trump's choice for top China diplomat has long ... 7 min Sparks1570 3
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 10 min Shirvell s Shrivel 2,254
News Armenian organized crime grows more complex (Oct '10) 17 min The Truth 2008 805
News Trump close to naming retired Marine general to... 24 min Lollypop8928 24
News Donald Trump criticizes Jill Stein-led recount ... 28 min Kizzes6384 206
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 29 min True Judgment 571
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Chicagoan by Birth 1,459,870
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 1 hr Lickz6812 3,095
More from around the web