The President has failed us

There are 328378 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Extremely me”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#88407 Jan 9, 2013
Contact form on the Tribune Company site

http://corporate.tribune.com/pressroom/...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#88408 Jan 9, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>When do you think you might muster up enough indignation to say something about the personal information being posted here? No skin off your hide? How do you like your Old Man now? Does the low-life SOB float your boat?
You don't have to be dowdy to be a POS. Know what I mean? Yeah. I think you do.
Me no got no dog in that fight eder ...
me wurried mor bout US than piddly chit :)

me not dowdy atall ...
me wuvely ...

or so im tol ...

shud me beweiv dat ???

;0)

“Natural selection created apes”

Since: Jun 10

Religion made them human

#88410 Jan 9, 2013
JackMcIntosh wrote:
It might be a good idea if we refrain from responding to those posts until we can find a RESPONSIBLE moderator or someone higher up that can fire their asses.
Don't worry Jack, a cada cerdo le llega su noche buena.
112th Special Operations

Fullerton, CA

#88411 Jan 9, 2013
JackMcIntosh wrote:
This was in a post made to me during the earlier death threats...
70% of the Topix is owned by The McClatchy Company, The Tribune Company,
and Gannett.
If you Google those companys it will provide E-mail and phone #s to the public
relations reps, and in one case the VP of public relations...
It is absolutely the moderators fault that things have gotten this bad.
They've allowed it and they don't care.
Go over their heads.
Law Enforcement - Topix

By checking the box below, you hereby represent and certify for Topix that you are a duly authorized member or officer of a local, county, state or federal law enforcement agency and writing in regarding a criminal matter. If your issue is a personal one, please use our Feedback Form http://www.topix.com/ext/feedback

Please be advised that impersonating an officer is a crime and Topix will report the unauthorized use or intended misuse of this site to the appropriate state and federal law enforcement agencies for prosecution.

I'm a duly authorized member or officer of a local, county, state or federal law enforcement agency, and the issue I am writing about is regarding a criminal issue. http://www.topix.com/ext/law-enforcement
American Lady

Danville, KY

#88412 Jan 9, 2013
JackMcIntosh wrote:
This was in a post made to me during the earlier death threats...
70% of the Topix is owned by The McClatchy Company, The Tribune Company,
and Gannett.
If you Google those companys it will provide E-mail and phone #s to the public
relations reps, and in one case the VP of public relations...
It is absolutely the moderators fault that things have gotten this bad.
They've allowed it and they don't care.
Go over their heads.
Go over their heads, said jocko

my comments "do" daily ... ;0)
whoooosh :D
Gina Springfield

Atlanta, GA

#88413 Jan 9, 2013
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
66 y/o
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqp477MgHT1...
Salivate!
Leave it to a beaner to think that overweight washed up has-been is something to salivate over. Its sad to think that's the best you people could hope for.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#88414 Jan 9, 2013
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry Jack, a cada cerdo le llega su noche buena.
Each pig comes his San Martin "is a saying that refers to each receive compensation at the time of the acts committed.

;0)
112th Special Operations

Fullerton, CA

#88415 Jan 9, 2013
JackMcIntosh wrote:
Tribune Company
435 North Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611
3 1 2.2 2 2.9 1 0 0
Timelines 1/3/13
Posted January 3rd, 2013

Lawsuit Filed Against Journal News Sparked By Map of Gun Owners
A lawsuit has been filed against The Journal News by a business that claims its reputation suffered after the newspaper published an interactive map of licensed gun owners in the area, following the massacre in Newtown, Conn. First Impression LLC is a gift shop and interior design firm located in Katonah. They sued both The Journal News and its corporate parent Gannett Co. in Westchester County Court.

Santa Clara, CA

#88416 Jan 9, 2013
gzeena wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me get something straight.
S Barnes was so annoying, aggravating and dishonest that Rose was justified in exposing S Barnes personal information.
Rose is so dishonest, evil and rude toward others that someone is justified exposing Rose's personal information.
What do you say, Rose? Is that right or only half right?
I never posted Barnes home address or phone number.

What was posted was a link to a real estate website which I didn't even know was really hers. It was an advertisement for her real estate business, nothing more.

She never admitted it was her ad anyway. Sometimes she denied it was, then when she wanted to play victim, she claimed it was her real estate website. She provided the information that she was in real estate and where she sold it. She also used her real name on Topix at that time, and the real estate site was for the purposes of business and generating business.

I never did anything with it, never called her nothing and no one else did either. She whined, complained and moaned about it for four years, and it was posted only ONE time. I never denied it, but it doesn't even come close to this level of vicious harassment being displayed by your friends. Not even in the same ballpark and you know it. So your weak and spiteful attempt to even the score is despicable, just like you.

Barnes badgered me, followed me from thread to thread, lied about me nonstop as she did toward many others. No harm came to Barnes from that real estate being posted ONE time. And you resurrecting that old chit after four years is ludicrous and irrelevant since the poster isn't even here anymore.

So you can feel vindicated now and all your little b*tch buddies can so "Aahaha, we got her now!" And it won't make one bit of difference about anything. Just one more of your pathetic, hateful little games, gzeena.

Glad you could play and not feel left out.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#88417 Jan 9, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah ...
Look up The Dr. Petit "murders" ...
He'll have something different to say!
I WISH like HELL he'd HAD a gun!
Dr. Petit "murders"

A Connecticut Nightmare
http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#88418 Jan 9, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue you brought up was "Homosexuality is a choice". That's what I'm addressing.
A law against bullying will soon come. It's come to that.
If you are trying to get into a discussion on abortion, save your breath...Roe v. Wade gave a woman the right to chose her fate.
Lots of answers to all those questions.
Did you EVER "change your batteries" ...???
*_*

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#88419 Jan 9, 2013
i think he is trying to do his best and it ain't working!
Gina Springfield

Atlanta, GA

#88420 Jan 9, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>When do you think you might muster up enough indignation to say something about the personal information being posted here? No skin off your hide? How do you like your Old Man now? Does the low-life SOB float your boat?
You don't have to be dowdy to be a POS. Know what I mean? Yeah. I think you do.
Hey Granny, you lost your avatar again. Did those skinny jeans embarrass you or something? They should have.

“Extremely me”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#88421 Jan 9, 2013
112th Special Operations wrote:
<quoted text>
Law Enforcement - Topix
By checking the box below, you hereby represent and certify for Topix that you are a duly authorized member or officer of a local, county, state or federal law enforcement agency and writing in regarding a criminal matter. If your issue is a personal one, please use our Feedback Form http://www.topix.com/ext/feedback
Please be advised that impersonating an officer is a crime and Topix will report the unauthorized use or intended misuse of this site to the appropriate state and federal law enforcement agencies for prosecution.
I'm a duly authorized member or officer of a local, county, state or federal law enforcement agency, and the issue I am writing about is regarding a criminal issue. http://www.topix.com/ext/law-enforcement
Actually I was talking to someone today that was tryng to contact Topix who will be able to use that link legally and be glad to have it.

I'll give him a call.

Thank you.
112th Special Operations

Fullerton, CA

#88422 Jan 9, 2013
Comment of the Day: Don't Publish Names and Addresses of Gun Permit Holders
By Benjamin Taylor Wed., Jan. 2 2013 at 6:10 AM 1 Comment
Categories: Comment of the Day, Gun Control, Media

Last week Daily Weekly contributor Ellis Conklin wrote a piece concerning the Gannett-owned daily paper The Journal News, which created an online data base showing the names and addresses of local gun-permit holders in New York's Westchester and Rockland counties. The paper's action has sparked serious reaction from activist and professional organizations around the country, including the Poynter Institute and Washington Cease Fire.
And they weren't the only ones peeved.

As noted in Conklin's post:

But guess what, CynDee? A lot of pistol-packing mamas (and daddies) would really, really, prefer you spend more time sharing recipes, weather reports, and fiscal cliff updates with your readers than whether they have a revolver in their bedroom closet.
Thousands of comments have poured in to news outlets across the country, and not many are supportive of the newspaper's map.

"So should we start wearing yellow Stars of David so the general public can be aware of who we are??" one commenter wrote.

"Now everyone knows where the legal guns are kept, a valuable piece of information for criminals," another wrote. "Why don't you do something helpful, like trying to find out where the illegal guns are kept?"

Some readers are so enraged that they're plotting revenge.

One Daily Weekly commenter is part of this group of people outraged with the paper's actions, especially with the possible safety issues releasing this information may have for those individuals carrying a gun for protection.

As commenter RobertfromSeattle writes:

The most dangerous - and stupidest - unintended consequence of what they did was the fact that some of the gun owners were abused women who were living in previously UNDISCLOSED locations with their legally purchased and registered guns as their first - and often ONLY - line of defense against dangerous stalking perps. If anything happens to so much as even one of these already victimized and innocent women, one can only hope that the newspaper AND the reporters involved get sued into oblivion at the very least. At most, maybe they could spend some time in a Federal prison and come out with a record so they can never, ever own a gun when their prison buddies come look to them up. THAT would be karma.

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#88423 Jan 9, 2013
Gina Springfield wrote:
<quoted text>
That's Great News! What will Mod 8 do? Scold everybody that doesn't agree with you?
Ya fuchin' idiot.
You're the fuchin' idiot. Your firm's forray into adventure land tonight did absolutely zilch to change the lay of the land from LAST NIGHT's threats. Know what I mean, Jelly Bean? Honey, we're three steps ahead of your game. You're incredibly slow and dim witted to boot.

Santa Clara, CA

#88424 Jan 9, 2013
gzeena wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me get something straight.
S Barnes was so annoying, aggravating and dishonest that Rose was justified in exposing S Barnes personal information.
Rose is so dishonest, evil and rude toward others that someone is justified exposing Rose's personal information.
What do you say, Rose? Is that right or only half right?
P.S.

Statute of limitations on whining on behalf of former posters to get even with your adversaries ran out three years ago.

Better luck next time.

“RELAX”

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#88425 Jan 9, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Each pig comes his San Martin "is a saying that refers to each receive compensation at the time of the acts committed.
;0)
That was a Latin American expression too complex for babble fish to translate and it's way over your head...idiot.
Gina Springfield

Atlanta, GA

#88427 Jan 9, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
I never posted Barnes home address or phone number.
What was posted was a link to a real estate website which I didn't even know was really hers. It was an advertisement for her real estate business, nothing more.
She never admitted it was her ad anyway. Sometimes she denied it was, then when she wanted to play victim, she claimed it was her real estate website. She provided the information that she was in real estate and where she sold it. She also used her real name on Topix at that time, and the real estate site was for the purposes of business and generating business.
I never did anything with it, never called her nothing and no one else did either. She whined, complained and moaned about it for four years, and it was posted only ONE time. I never denied it, but it doesn't even come close to this level of vicious harassment being displayed by your friends. Not even in the same ballpark and you know it. So your weak and spiteful attempt to even the score is despicable, just like you.
Barnes badgered me, followed me from thread to thread, lied about me nonstop as she did toward many others. No harm came to Barnes from that real estate being posted ONE time. And you resurrecting that old chit after four years is ludicrous and irrelevant since the poster isn't even here anymore.
So you can feel vindicated now and all your little b*tch buddies can so "Aahaha, we got her now!" And it won't make one bit of difference about anything. Just one more of your pathetic, hateful little games, gzeena.
Glad you could play and not feel left out.
Hi Sis. How's Patrick doing? Still smokin' the Herb?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#88428 Jan 9, 2013
Pok Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. All of the Founding Fathers from the South supported and owned slaves. They had to because Southerners chose them to represent Southern interests at the Constitutional Convention and the key interest of the South (at that time as well as now) was the establishment, maintenance, and spread of slavery.
Even Jefferson owned slaves.
NO one AGREES on EVERYTHING at the same TIME !!!
igmo :)

There are others who believe that some of these men are unworthy of our attention because they owned slaves, Washington, Jefferson, Clark among them, but not Adams. They failed to rise above their time and place, though Washington (but not Jefferson) freed his slaves.

But history abounds with ironies.

These men, the founding fathers and brothers, established a system of government that, after much struggle, and the terrible violence of the Civil War,

and the civil rights movement led by black Americans, did lead to legal freedom for all Americans and movement toward equality.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history-archaeo...
African-American History Timeline

A chronology of black history from the early slave trade through Affirmative Action
600s •
1700s •
1800–1850 •
1850–1900 •
1900–1950 •
1950–present

Read more: African-American History Timeline (Civil Rights Movement, Facts, Events, Leaders)— Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/spot/bhmtimeline.ht...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cleveland protests erupt after officer found no... 3 min fatbacksx 52
News The Josh Duggar Scandal Edition 5 min urmom 7
News Jill Duggar Dillard Criticized over Use of Slin... 5 min Tazo 25
News Here are 6 of the most horrifying examples of t... 8 min Tazo 3
News The Duggar Family Bans Gay Couples 10 min Tazo 11
News On Memorial Day, Learning The Story Behind The ... 10 min SWterkfontein Swa... 1
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 12 min brad 182,389
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min John Galt 1,232,753
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 37 min xxxrayted 2,201
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 46 min messianic114 163,826
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 59 min Jacques Orleans 189,872
More from around the web