The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 403853 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#82916 Jan 2, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>All your bellyaching about supporting a failure isn't making things any better and is just as much a wasted effort as you claim mine to be. You will soon see, NTR, mark my words.
I'm not the one bellyaching. You are. I'm not the one who will be surprised if things get worse before they ever get better, so what I'll see should the economy worsen for a period will not come as any surprise to me. The difference is that unless he has some direct involvement in something bone headed, I won't assign blame to the President that he doesn't own. See the difference? I don't kid myself that one man working as a figurehead makes economic decisions for this republic. That would be the responsibility of Congress in writing and presenting legislation. If it passes both houses, the President either signs it into law or rejects it. Even if he rejects it, Congress can still override his veto.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#82917 Jan 2, 2013
The President "Tried" to stop us!!

Record Gun Sales in December
By Jason Ryan | ABC OTUS News

Record gun sales were recorded in December 2012 with over 2.7 million background checks being conducted through the FBI's National Instant Check System (NICS), the agency said today. For 2012, more background checks were conducted than any year since 1998.

In December, 2,783,765 total background checks were carried out to purchase firearms, surpassing the previous record from November 2012 when 2,006,919 checks were performed.

For the year, 19,592,303 background checks carried out for firearm purchases-a 19 percent rise from 2011.

Each check doesn't represent a single gun, just a single background check transaction.

NICS has access to information from computers at the FBI's Criminal Justice Information Services Division, searching records that would prohibit a buyer from owning a gun, such as being a fugitive, having a felony conviction or charge, renouncing U.S. citizenship, or having been determined as mentally impaired. NICS was mandated by the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act and set up in November 1998.

Since the NICS system was established in November 1998 a total of 160,474,702 background checks were made. Of these, around .006 percent of those attempted purchases were denied and .00008%(fewer than a hundred people a year) were prosecuted for lying on the form.

http://news.yahoo.com/record-gun-sales-decemb...

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#82918 Jan 2, 2013
Ralff wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't vote for a candidate doesn't prove you didn't because you didn't believe him. There are many candidates I didn't vote for because I DID believe them.
Also you don't have to vote for a candidate hold him to his/her word. The promises they made were to all votes not just those that eventually voted for them.
Thank you for the explanation.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#82919 Jan 2, 2013
Section 8 Recipient wrote:
<quoted text>
I owned half of the USA.... on the internet!!
LMFAO @ you people and your hyperbole!
At one time but not anymore. LOL

Ralff

“United We Stand”

Since: Dec 11

Divided We Fall

#82920 Jan 2, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Just preparing for return trip to Florida tomorrow.
Hey RH. I only have a few minutes this after noon to post but its good to see you , Eagle and Posi (so far).
4 G Shayla

Los Angeles, CA

#82921 Jan 2, 2013
Expressly for Gee Shayla

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/w_DietAndFitness...

Some Sugars May Fuel Overeating

Glucose appears to tamper brain activity in regions that regulate appetite and reward -- but fructose does not, a new study found

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#82922 Jan 2, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
CBO calculates that the top 1 percent paid 27.6 percent of all federal taxes.
The share now borne by the top 1 percent is the highest it has been since 1979, the earliest year for which CBO has figures.
http://www.factcheck.org/2008/05/top-1-what-t...
Are you aware a great many of the 1%ers worked their butts off to attain their riches?
How much of the total income did the 1% take? Can you kindly provide that percentage to go along with your other stats? Thanks. And, along with that, what was the percentage of total income that the 1% took in 1979. This information would actually allow us to put your numbers in context, ya' know?

Last, I am not aware of how a "great many of the 1%ers worked their butts off to attain their riches". Could you provide a link to those stats?

Thanks for your help.

“Peace”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#82923 Jan 2, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We were in a recession when Bush took office.. You me to tell me once again you didn't agree with his tax cuts for all Americans?? Now you have the gull to want them only raised on higher income earners?? Why not for all Americans NTR??
Eagle
Perhaps it's because the lower income earners are barely putting food on the table. Much less able to pay all their bills now. That little bit of difference in their income can make the difference between eating and going hungry for them and their families.
But for the wealthy it's just a drop in the bucket and won't effect their quality of life at all.
I'm sure you know all this already Eagle and didn't need it explained to you.

Ralff

“United We Stand”

Divided We Fall

#82924 Jan 2, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
Republicans demanded the the Payroll Tax cuts be allowed to expire, and the Dems folded in their efforts to compromise:
http://live.wsj.com/video/tax-hikes-coming-re... #!74401E07-B49C-4A5A-9089-D6BF D4FC5516
Here's the video explanation from the WSJ.
So the Dems let the Repubs lead them again.....

#82925 Jan 2, 2013
Ralff wrote:
<quoted text>

What is your party responsible for?

23 Million People unemployed!!

$6 Trillion added to the National Debt!!

13 Million more Americans on Food Stamps

The first murder of a United States Ambassador in over 30 years along with three other Americans!!

The First American President to bow (almost on his knees) to a Saudi King!!

The First American president to disrespect the American flag by holding his balls while our National Anthem was being played!!

Is that enough??

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#82926 Jan 2, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have to present anything to know what a failure Obama is. It all has already been presented here as well as around the free world. Those like you just don't see it and you all never will till it all slaps you and ilk across the noggin.
If you're correct, it's even more pathetic that the Republican party couldn't have nominated a winning candidate. What a pity they missed the boat, but they definitely missed the boat.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#82927 Jan 2, 2013
Ralff wrote:
--Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! Yes I have.
Why do you lie so much? And that would also make you a hypocrite along with everyone else who has been off topic and done nothing but make personal attacks. Don't even pretend to be above it all, POS. You are by no means superior to anyone here.
<quoted text>
She not only followed you Posi you actually lead her. It's all in Webster - Merriam
I approve this message. I'll have them bowing in no time just like their teacher, Obama. LOL
You just can't tell God that he "didn't build that" and that "someone else made that happen"

#82928 Jan 2, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>

I'm not the one bellyaching. You are.

I'm not the one who will be surprised if things get worse before they ever get better, so what I'll see should the economy worsen for a period will not come as any surprise to me.
It' been worse for the past four years, do you really want the same thing for another four??

23 Million Americans unemployed!!

13 More Americans on Food Stamps!!

$6 Trillion more added to the national Debt!!

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#82929 Jan 2, 2013
Ralff wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your party responsible for?
Candidates from both parties having to reach a broader audience. You should know that.

Ralff

“United We Stand”

Divided We Fall

#82930 Jan 2, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That dumbazz obama robbing SS was never the answer.. Those should have never started in the first place.. Don't whine to me due to it was his stupid idea in the first place..
Eagle
I said right from the start that was a stupid move. It was in terrible shape to begin with and now it is even worse. As much as middle class Americans need a break, this wasn't it.

It only benefited the wealthy anyway. It took money that should have been being used for the working man's retirement and disability insurance and spent it on good's the rich profited.
jackson

Lexington, KY

#82931 Jan 2, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
LOSERS?
in the recent election, one side (weakly) put forth the message that in our Great Nation, even one born into 'loser' circumstances can rise to a better status (financially, etc...) thru opportunity and personal ability. the other side repeated the mantra that 'losers'(because of race, neighborhood, sex or sexual orientation, disabilities, etc...) canNOT rise above their status because we live in a NOT-so-great Nation and one MUST have the help and support of someone or some THING (i.e., Big Government?) to merely survive.
two vastly different versions and visions of ONE Nation.
while History is replete with AMERICAN success stories since Colonial days of ALL classes of 'losers'(i.e., blacks during our period of slavery, Native Americans, women, Jews, gays, etc...) chasing and catching their American Dreams, today we have 'leaders' that either ignore or deny such History.
where once we were a Nation based on Laws, and such Laws were (and still are) designed to apply equally to ALL citizens, and, thus, eliminate as much IN-EQUALITIES as possible, we have NOW become a Nation of Victims. a Nation of heightened differences (diversity?)... a Nation of dividers... a Nation of Providers and Procurers.
why wouldn't the political side that fosters AND then provides sustenance for our New Nation of 'losers' WIN?
after the recent House vote on so-called Fiscal Ciff legislation, I find my self hoping for MORE break-down of our Founding Ideals and Principles, of Common Sense and Hope... not ONLY more but QUICKER. like the 2008 Housing Bubble Recession, we cannot recover UNTIL we hit BOTTOM. why wait?
the side that WON truly believes theirs IS the way, fine. they believe in unicorns and utopia for all, great. let us begin the Age of Big Brother... the sooner the better.
personally, I am tired of all of the racist, sexist, homophobic, etc. accussations. the Class Hatred and continual waging of war on those of us with 1000, or 10,000 or 100,000 or even 1,000,000 dollars more.
only when the LIE is revealed, finally, will we as a People be able to rebuild, IF possible, our ONCE Great Nation... or start over as some thing(s) less.
Happy New Year!
enjoy it while it lasts...
Interesting perspective, and I agree.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#82932 Jan 2, 2013
Ralff wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, you were first, I followed you too. You are the leader of this pack. If they don't like it they can leave but it won't change the fact that they followed you here.
I would rather think that this all was a result of very careful premeditated joint planning Based on parallel thought processes. Something like organizationalazationing. LOL

Ralff

“United We Stand”

Divided We Fall

#82933 Jan 2, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, then I'm sure you're on board with the expiration of the payroll tax cut. So, you aren't bothered that the working class taxpayers will have less in their pockets. After all, we've got to pay our ways. But, aren't you retired? If so, your check will be the same. On the other hand, my children's paychecks will shrink, and I'm sure I'll be a popular source of supplemental income in the months ahead. Besides, I like to go shopping for skinny leg jeans and tennis shoes!
The payroll tax cut only took money from the retirement and disability insurance of the working class to have it spend on things that the rich will profit from anyway.

#82934 Jan 2, 2013
The Real American wrote:
Republican Senators voted repeatedly to increase the debt ceiling from 2002 to 2008 over 275 times and when Obama took office in 2008 ...... they only voted 3x to increase the debt ceiling.
But Republicans are not out to destroy the USA, it's credit rating and the entire US economy!!!

Source: Office of Management & Budget
LOL!! Now that's funny.

Debt Has Increased $5 Trillion Since Speaker Pelosi Vowed,'No New Deficit Spending'

( CNSNews.com )- When Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) gave her inaugural address as speaker of the House in 2007, she vowed there would be "no new deficit spending." Since that day, the national debt has increased by $5 trillion, according to the U.S. Treasury Department."After years of historic deficits, this 110th Congress will commit itself to a higher standard: Pay as you go, no new deficit spending," Pelosi said in her speech from the speaker's podium.

******"Our new America will provide unlimited opportunity for future generations, not burden them with mountains of debt."******

Pelosi has served as speaker in the 110th and 111th Congresses.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#82936 Jan 2, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not the one bellyaching. You are. I'm not the one who will be surprised if things get worse before they ever get better, so what I'll see should the economy worsen for a period will not come as any surprise to me. The difference is that unless he has some direct involvement in something bone headed, I won't assign blame to the President that he doesn't own. See the difference? I don't kid myself that one man working as a figurehead makes economic decisions for this republic. That would be the responsibility of Congress in writing and presenting legislation. If it passes both houses, the President either signs it into law or rejects it. Even if he rejects it, Congress can still override his veto.
No, I can see the forest and all of the trees.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News California prepares to fight Trump on immigrati... 2 min Cupcake Pounder 2
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min zebra 216,710
News Trump's tariff plan hits a hurdle: Congressiona... 4 min Cupcake Pounder 8
News Joe Biden leaves the door open for a 2020 run 4 min Giggle1101 3
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min VetnorsGate 1,458,576
News Trump soaks up the adulation, brags about victory 7 min Mitts Gold Taliblets 137
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min America 253,224
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 19 min TomInElPaso 2,100
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 43 min WasteWater 2,978
More from around the web